PDA

View Full Version : Warriors' finals best players game by game

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 01:10 PM
G1: Livingston (20 points on 8-10, team game high)
G2: Green (28 points on 11-20, game high, team high in assists, team second most rebounds)
G3: Barnes (18 points on 7-11, one shy of the team game high, team high rebounds, only player besides Igoudala who wasn't bad)
G4: Thompson/Curry (Thompson 21 points on 7-14 prior to the final 45 seconds padding, 9 less than Curry, however on TEN less shots, as Curry was at 30 on 10-24 42% prior to the less relevant FT's, however Curry with 5 more assists at 6 to 1, still one less than Igoudala, Green/Barnes taking care of rebounding as only players with 8+, and Varejao with 3 huge offensive rebounds)
G5: Thompson (37 points on 11-20 55% FG (6-11 on 3's!) 9/9 100% FT's, 70% eFG%, 77% TS)
G6: Curry/Thompson (Curry 30 points on 8-20 40%, 2 rebounds/1 assist, fouled out, low IQ fouls - Thompson 21 points on 9-21 43%, 3 rebounds/1 assist)

Combined MVP?

Probably Thompson/Igoudala.

DukeDelonte13
06-17-2016, 01:18 PM
FMVP either goes to Klay or Bron, unless Curry goes off in game 7.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Curry was definitely the better player last game even with the fouls. He's getting FMVP if the Warriors win unless someone like Green or Klay has a legendary performance.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 01:20 PM
Curry was definitely the better player last game even with the fouls. He's getting FMVP if the Warriors win unless someone like Green or Klay has a legendary performance.

I forgot, he also had 4 TO's.. by all evidence available it was pretty even, at the minimum, considering he had about 3 really dumb fouls, 4 TO's, no edge in assists, shot worse, and easily the worse defender.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 01:24 PM
I forgot, he also had 4 TO's.. by all evidence available it was pretty even, at the minimum, considering he had about 3 really dumb fouls, 4 TO's, no edge in assists, shot worse, and easily the worse defender.

I just think outside of the last 5 minutes of the 3rd, Thompson really didn't do too much. He also had 4 TO's and had a 52TS% which isn't good for someone who's usually pretty efficient(Curry was 63TS%).

jayfan
06-17-2016, 01:26 PM
FMVP for the Warriors is wide open, the way I see it. Whoever leads the way Sunday is going to get it.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 01:26 PM
I just think outside of the last 5 minutes of the 3rd, Thompson really didn't do too much. He also had 4 TO's and had a 52TS% which isn't good for someone who's usually pretty efficient(Curry was 63TS%).

good point with the TO's, didnt notice that... yea, but it doesnt really matter in what stretch you get your points.. nobody was hotter than Klay during that point, also got them closer than they ever came, I believe.

plowking
06-17-2016, 01:29 PM
It should honestly go to Bron. He has been as good as last year, while Curry has been worse. IMO Curry 100% deserved it last season, but unless he has a massive game 7, Bron should get the award win or lose.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 01:29 PM
good point with the TO's, didnt notice that... yea, but it doesnt really matter in what stretch you get your points.. nobody was hotter than Klay during that point, also got them closer than they ever came, I believe.

that's true. A hot stretch can sometimes actually help more than consistent play. He was just too bad the rest of the game and the efficiency wasn't good.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 01:33 PM
It should honestly go to Bron. He has been as good as last year, while Curry has been worse. IMO Curry 100% deserved it last season, but unless he has a massive game 7, Bron should get the award win or lose.

Boy what happened to you saying Curry is better than Bron ever was? :oldlol:

He's not even better than CURRENT Bron :oldlol: I told you right then and there, even with the situation made for Curry, LeBron will STILL outplay Curry, in an NBA finals series...

morons gonna moron. At least admit your L.

plowking
06-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Boy what happened to you saying Curry is better than Bron ever was? :oldlol:

He's not even better than CURRENT Bron :oldlol: I told you right then and there, even with the situation made for Curry, LeBron will STILL outplay Curry, in an NBA finals series...

morons gonna moron. At least admit your L.

He is injured. He put up a season as good, if not better than any LeBron season.

Calm your farm young bias boy. I have Bron in my top 5, but Curry is something special.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 01:39 PM
He is injured. He put up a season as good, if not better than any LeBron season.

Calm your farm young bias boy. I have Bron in my top 5, but Curry is something special.

won't let go will you :oldlol:

Youve said alot of dumb shit lately.. also called GSW the best team ever, thats done as well by now. :lol Like I said, morons gonna moron.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 01:41 PM

good case for being better on offense during the regular season. I just think Bron being a lot more impactful on defense is enough to make up the offensive gap which is slight. Curry is most likely out of my top 5 peaks now however. Not going hold this playoff run against him but it's unfair to not give credit to other greats who played well in the playoffs and in every game.

plowking
06-17-2016, 01:43 PM
won't let go will you :oldlol:

Youve said alot of dumb shit lately.. also called GSW the best team ever, thats done as well by now. :lol Like I said, morons gonna moron.

You're a sad little pathetic kid.

Won't let what go? Statistical facts? Ok bud.

Dray n Klay
06-17-2016, 01:46 PM

Even you don't truly believe that :oldlol:

I understand plowking, you spent the entire season hyping Curry as the GOAT, and now when his flaws are clearly evident, you're desperately trying to back up your original claims

Strictly on stats, LeBron has had 3 seasons with a higher PER than Curry this year

And when you include defense, you could easily argue 6-7 seasons of LeBron better than Curry this year.

Stop it, Curry was good this year, but LeBron has clearly had better seasons

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Even you don't truly believe that :oldlol:

I understand plowking, you spent the entire season hyping Curry as the GOAT, and now when his flaws are clearly evident, you're desperately trying to back up your original claims

Strictly on stats, LeBron has had 3 seasons with a higher PER than Curry this year

And when you include defense, you could easily argue 6-7 seasons of LeBron better than Curry this year.

Stop it, Curry was good this year, but LeBron has clearly had better seasons

again where the hell do you come up with these facts, Bron has 2 seasons 09 and 13 that's it not 3. A .3 edge isn't significant at all anyway :oldlol:. I would love for you to name those 6 seasons, it's not like Lebron was as good on defense every year like he was in 13.

Dray n Klay
06-17-2016, 01:54 PM
again where the hell do you come up with these facts, Bron has 2 seasons 09 and 13 that's it not 3. A .3 edge isn't significant at all anyway :oldlol:. I would love for you to name those 6 seasons, it's not like Lebron was as good on defense every year like he was in 13.

2 clearly better, and 1 on a similar tier strictly based on stats

When you factor in defense then any version of 09-14 LeBron is better than Curry

Heck, even current LeBron is better than Curry

Stop drinking that ESPN koolaid and watch the games.

Curry is a very pedestrian player when teams decide to focus on him.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 02:00 PM
2 clearly better, and 1 on a similar tier strictly based on stats

When you factor in defense then any version of 09-14 LeBron is better than Curry

Heck, even current LeBron is better than Curry

Stop drinking that ESPN koolaid and watch the games.

Curry is a very pedestrian player when teams decide to focus on him.

only with your logic is a 31.1 PER(Lebron 2010) on the same tier with a 31.5 PER but a 31.7 and 31.6 is clearly better than 31.5. You can't possibly be serious :oldlol:. Lebron in 14 wasn't nearly as on defense and box score stats actually undersell Curry. The spacing and gravity he offers is Dirk level who people know stats undersell too.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 02:04 PM
You're a sad little pathetic kid.

Won't let what go? Statistical facts? Ok bud.

Your biases are just out of control dude...

Curry is as healthy as he will ever be. Like Pointguard said, you dont judge other players by the same measuring stick.

Heck, your hypocrisy is crossing sports :oldlol: You've never acknowledged or cared about Nadal's injuries, someone who's FAR more injury plagued than Curry.

Young X
06-17-2016, 02:07 PM
2009 and 2013 James are easily better than 2016 Curry. Yup, easily. Maybe even better regular seasons and much better in the playoffs.

Dray n Klay
06-17-2016, 02:08 PM
only with your logic is a 31.1 PER(Lebron 2010) on the same tier with a 31.5 PER but a 31.7 and 31.6 is clearly better than 31.5. You can't possibly be serious :oldlol:. Lebron in 14 wasn't nearly as on defense and box score stats actually undersell Curry. The spacing and gravity he offers is Dirk level who people know stats undersell too.

Yes, and do you also notice Curry plays 32-33 minutes a game to artificially boost his PER? PER is per minute production, and it's a hell of a lot easier to put 31 PER seasons playing 33 minutes than LeBron playing 40 minutes putting better production.

Should I also talk about how much illegal screens helps Currys production?

Should I talk about how much Klays spacing helps Curry in his scoring?

Should I talk about Curry guarding the worst player on defense to conserve his energy to put up 30+ PER production?

:facepalm

I haven't seen much of your posts, but you don't seem to possess much knowledge on basketball, I'll give you a pass because you might just be a troll seeking attention.

Trust me, current Curry can't even compare to LeBrons best seasons

plowking
06-17-2016, 02:10 PM
Your biases are just out of control dude...

Curry is as healthy as he will ever be. Like Pointguard said, you dont judge other players by the same measuring stick.

Heck, your hypocrisy is crossing sports :oldlol: You've never acknowledged or cared about Nadal's injuries, someone who's FAR more injury plagued than Curry.

As far as tennis goes, Djokovic is quite clearly better than Nadal. I don't care about Nadal's injuries, why would I? I don't care about Curry's either, but I can acknowledge he is injured. And I have acknowledged Nadal's injuries. It is common knowledge.

Curry is not "as healthy as he will ever be". I know English is your second language, but don't throw out lines or cliches like that as if they are true. :oldlol:

And Pointguard posted his one example, and promptly got shutdown by my response. Hence him replying to others, but not mine in regards to producing another example. :oldlol:
His original example sucked. Me ragging on Rose for being a bad defender after his injury? I was ragging on him before and after his injury, regardless. :oldlol:
I'm still waiting for his next example, but nothing. He even posted directly under me in that thread.