PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry exposed? HELL NO!

oh the horror
06-17-2016, 02:54 PM
This is what he's ALWAYS been. The dude is not just a defensive liability out there where you can see the Cavs running players at Curry specifically but the guy cannot handle physicality and pressure.

I've said for awhile now among my friends that the guy is a product of his team more so than his team being a product of him if that makes sense to you guys.

People weren't receptive to this type of opinion during the regular season but now that we are all starting to pick apart this dudes game watching him get roasted again in a pressure situation AND after he was just served up an "unanimous MVP" award I think people are going to hold him to that standard which he hasn't delivered.

The guy is an all time great shooter that frankly doesn't do much else out there when his shot isn't falling. And on top of that? If Klay Thompson wasn't there to handle his defensive assignments Steph would look worse. Period.

Akrazotile
06-17-2016, 03:28 PM
This is what he's ALWAYS been. The dude is not just a defensive liability out there where you can see the Cavs running players at Curry specifically but the guy cannot handle physicality and pressure.

I've said for awhile now among my friends that the guy is a product of his team more so than his team being a product of him if that makes sense to you guys.

People weren't receptive to this type of opinion during the regular season but now that we are all starting to pick apart this dudes game watching him get roasted again in a pressure situation AND after he was just served up an "unanimous MVP" award I think people are going to hold him to that standard which he hasn't delivered.

The guy is an all time great shooter that frankly doesn't do much else out there when his shot isn't falling. And on top of that? If Klay Thompson wasn't there to handle his defensive assignments Steph would look worse. Period.

I agree jumpshots are not as valuable as they look in the regular season, because defense is just more adjusted and physical in the playoffs. Theres no question he's the best shooter ever but if you can't man up and fight to make your mark however you have to come playoff time, all those pretty regular season 30-foot bombs dont mean much.

People can argue over how much of a real impact his point total is making in these series'. I think everyone but warriorfan can at least agree that at this point in time, you at least have to acknowledge he is SOFT.

scuzzy
06-17-2016, 03:32 PM
I don't agree with op often

But give credit when due

Dudes spot on
:applause:

DoctorP
06-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Well, what else is new?

Dude's best shooter of all-time. And can pass.
Better than Ray Allen.

:yaohappy:

oh the horror
06-17-2016, 03:51 PM
What's funny about the guy is when the pressure is on and when defenses aren't giving him shit, you watch him out there launching up farrrrrrr away threes like he was in the regular season. Then you get the announcers talking about "for anyone else that's a bad shot but not for Steph"

No. Let's call them what they are. Bad shots. Would it kill him to step in and try to take a midrange shot? When the screeners aren't getting him open looks the guy has trouble creating space on his own. He has no turnaround game. And people want to sit here and tell me he would be as dominant in a hand checking era? The guy can barely get his shit to pop when he has defenders pestering him all game!

His passing is good, not great. For all the shit CP3 gets, he's a better "floor general" than Curry. And let's not even talk about his defense.

He isn't out there grabbing boards or locking anyone down.

Like I said, when his teammates are on and their jumpers are falling Steph is dangerous. When they aren't? Dude can't do much. Just keep launching those threes.

tpols
06-17-2016, 03:55 PM
No. Let's call them what they are. Bad shots. Would it kill him to step in and try to take a midrange shot? .

I agree with this.. curry needs to develop a better in between game. He chucked like a 35 footer last night when they cut the lead to 7 and was trying throw haymakers instead of just hitting them with a jab. He lets those go too often and so does klay when they have all the room in the world to step in midrange and pull up.

oh the horror
06-17-2016, 04:02 PM
I agree with this.. curry needs to develop a better in between game. He chucked like a 35 footer last night when they cut the lead to 7 and was trying throw haymakers instead of just hitting them with a jab. He lets those go too often and so does klay when they have all the room in the world to step in midrange and pull up.

They do that too too often too. Threes are good when you're cutting a lead. When you've built a lead up or are closing in all you need to do is execute plays and maintain consistent good play. Not continuously launch up Hail Mary shots to try to get back into it. It's a gamble that they've been losing these last few games. And it's gotten them into a lot of trouble throughout the playoffs.

imdaman99
06-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Agreed. I had no problem with him getting MVP, he easily deserved it. The problem with him is in a series, he can be worn down and becomes less valuable. Is he still capable of dropping 37 on Sunday? Of course. But you're right, if his teammates aren't also knocking down those shots, he isn't getting the space for himself. He did well the last 3 games of the OKC series, why? Because his role players and teammates stepped up big time. Klay was superhuman in that game 6.

He is very capable of hitting that midrange. He is an elite shooter, likely the best ever. It doesn't have to be strictly 3 pointer or layups.

BlazerRed
06-17-2016, 04:50 PM
:applause:

West-Side
06-17-2016, 05:01 PM

That's pretty funny. People were bashing Curry against OKC too, because it went to game 7.

Yet in THE biggest game of GS's season so far, Curry had 36/8/5 on 13 for 24.
That's not delivering under pressure? Steph is def. hurt. He looks much slower both at off the ball and his dribble. He can't separate himself and can't lose his man.

However, maybe you ought to wait till after game 7. Your comments might make you look bad if Curry has another great game 7 performance.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Thats what exposed means, dummie..

Im pretty sure next regular season he'll pick off right where he was this regular season.

branslowski
06-17-2016, 05:13 PM
That's pretty funny. People were bashing Curry against OKC too, because it went to game 7.

Yet in THE biggest game of GS's season so far, Curry had 36/8/5 on 13 for 24.
That's not delivering under pressure? Steph is def. hurt. He looks much slower both at off the ball and his dribble. He can't separate himself and can't lose his man.

However, maybe you ought to wait till after game 7. Your comments might make you look bad if Curry has another great game 7 performance.

Curry also had 98pts in final 3 games of that series vs Westbrook, an NBA record in a 3-1 comeback, no pressure. Had 30 last night n less minutes with Refs fouling him out. Avg 29ppg on the Road during this Finals...Yes he could play better but hey, it is what it is. N!gga ca still pull off a great game 7 n win back to back titles.