PDA

View Full Version : Curry Has Feasted On Irving

FireDavidKahn
06-17-2016, 06:32 PM
Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 27m27 minutes ago
For reference Curry is scoring 1.37ppp on the 28 possessions Irving has guarded him.

Wow

warriorfan
06-17-2016, 07:58 PM
FeastMode

LBJMVP
06-17-2016, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't call it feasting. All curry does is shoot three, he hasn't done anything else. It been rare to see him score in any other way but three pointers or free throws.... Kyrie on the other hand can do anything he wants with curry guarding him.

highwhey
06-17-2016, 08:15 PM
Ayesha been feasting on lebron's d1ck

FireDavidKahn
06-17-2016, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't call it feasting. All curry does is shoot three, he hasn't done anything else. It been rare to see him score in any other way but three pointers or free throws.... Kyrie on the other hand can do anything he wants with curry guarding him.
Only on ISH is 1.37ppp not feasting:oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
06-17-2016, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE]Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 19m19 minutes ago
Haralabos Voulgaris Retweeted Tim Hopper
The #s aren

Meticode
06-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Your dislike for anything Cleveland is evident. We know, but go ahead and keep pushing your agenda.

Straight_Ballin
06-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Your dislike for anything Cleveland is evident. We know, but go ahead and keep pushing your agenda.

Serious question, how bad do you think the highways will be during the republican convention week. I'm talking route 2 and route 90 passing through Cleveland. Long delays?

IGOTGAME
06-17-2016, 09:14 PM
he has guarded him on WAY more than 28 possessions. sounds like its points per shot, not possession.

FireDavidKahn
06-17-2016, 09:17 PM
I dislike both Cleveland and GSW:cheers:

Spurs m8
06-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Doesn't matter...his points have been so empty

and Kyrie has been the best of the 2

moongaze
06-17-2016, 09:28 PM
What's Curry's field goal percentage this series compared to Kyrie's? Curry has been a bricklayer this series with Kyrie as his primary defender

100grandman
06-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Kyrie= The Curry stopper

noob cake
06-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Irvings in the finals.

Towns/Wiggins stay losing. :lol :lol :lol

Another season of epic losing coming up

FireDavidKahn
06-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Irvings in the finals.

bwajhahahahahahaha, this guy is back:roll: :roll: :roll:

lilteapot
06-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Irvings in the finals.

Why in the world did you bring up the Wolves?

stalkerforlife
06-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Damn...Curry has dominated him head to head.

Just like Kobe did to Bran when comparing the numbers when they actually guarded each other.

GrapeApe
06-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Irving has feasted on the Warriors.

IGOTGAME
06-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Article has a good breakdown of the defense Curry played last game. Videos included...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/17/11962114/stephen-curry-defense-nba-finals-2016-warriors-vs-cavaliers

FireDavidKahn
06-17-2016, 10:22 PM
Why in the world did you bring up the Wolves?
He has hated Wiggins since the day he was drafted.

CavaliersFTW
06-17-2016, 10:25 PM
What is this bullshit... Irving dropped 41 on Curry F outta here with this nerdy advanced stat bullshit Kyrie is raping Curry based on actually watching the games :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
06-17-2016, 10:26 PM
What is this bullshit... Irving dropped 41 on Curry F outta here with this nerdy advanced stat bullshit Kyrie is raping Curry based on actually watching the games :oldlol:

typical millennial sports fan. guy posts a stat and gives no link for context.

RedBlackAttack
06-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Why are you still doing this, OP? Is it trolling? I assume that's what it is, because you actually have occasional good insight on the game. When I have an interest in knowing what is going on with the Timberwolves, you're one of the guys that I can usually rely upon to accurately break-down the team (though you do have your biases like everyone).

You've spent this entire playoffs trashing Kyrie and it has somehow increased during his amazing (yes, amazing) Finals performance thus far.

Haralabos Voulgaris is a smart guy, but he despises Kyrie Irving and has basically come out and said as much. He'll only post statistics if they portray Irving in a negative light. The truth is, the Warriors NEVER leave Curry on an island against Kyrie. All you have to do is watch the games to see how badly that goes. He always has help behind him in iso situations with Kyrie, be it Bogut (when he was healthy), Green or even both at times. And, a lot of the Cavs' possessions rely on Kyrie creating off the dribble one-on-one.

So, he can't just kick the ball around to someone else when a specific isolation play has been called for him and he doesn't like what he sees. He has to make a play... usually a difficult play when the defense is set.

Steph Curry? He will literally only isolate when he has a ton of space and he loves the way the defense is set. That's not how he normally plays, so he's very economical with doing this... thus, he should be more successful when his gameplan is "only go iso if there is something you can exploit." Be it a lack of help behind Kyrie or finding him out of position, that's when he attacks.

But, what does it matter? I thought all Irving could do was to isolate one-on-one? By posing statistics that prove otherwise, you (and Voulgaris by extension) only prove that he's a far more versatile player than given credit for.

Here are the only numbers that matter:

Series: 3-3, despite the Warriors bench eviscerating the Cavs bench every game

Kyrie Irving
27.3 points on 47.3% FG, 40.6% 3PT, 93.1% FT
4.3 assists
3.5 rebounds
2.3 steals
2.7 turnovers
+20 Composite On Court +/-

Steph Curry
23.5 points on 41.9% FG, 43.1% 3PT, 92.6% FT
4.0 assists
4.8 rebounds
0.8 steals
4.3 turnovers
-4 Composite On Court +/-

There you have it. Kyrie is scoring more points on better efficiency, averaging more assists, way less turnovers, and WAY more steals. Kyrie is averaging almost as many steals as turnovers. Curry is turning the ball over 3.5 times for every steal he gets. And, Kyrie has been 24 points better than Curry while on the floor in this series.

I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot and Kyrie's ISO stats were better than Curry's "one-on-one" (despite the help situation), but Curry was taking him to the woodshed in nearly every other category, you'd be lobbying for Curry in this matchup.

You don't have to like Kyrie Irving, and I know you don't, but respect what he has done in these playoffs and, if nothing else, in The Finals where he's playing against a far deeper team, the 2x unanimous league MVP, and possibly the best bigman help defender in the league.

If you want to say it's a small sample size, I could also post their respective full playoff numbers... and you won't like that either.

Respect the game and stop trying to cling to some desperate analytics -- that are completely pointless -- which only serve to reinforce your confirmation bias.

FireDavidKahn
06-17-2016, 11:07 PM
Why are you still doing this, OP? Is it trolling? I assume that's what it is, because you actually have occasional good insight on the game. When I have an interest in knowing what is going on with the Timberwolves, you're one of the guys that I can usually rely upon to accurately break-down the team (though you do have your biases like everyone).

You've spent this entire playoffs trashing Kyrie and it has somehow increased during his amazing (yes, amazing) Finals performance thus far.

Haralabos Voulgaris is a smart guy, but he despises Kyrie Irving and has basically come out and said as much. He'll only post statistics if they portray Irving in a negative light. The truth is, the Warriors NEVER leave Curry on an island against Kyrie. All you have to do is watch the games to see how badly that goes. He always has help behind him in iso situations with Kyrie, be it Bogut (when he was healthy), Green or even both at times. And, a lot of the Cavs' possessions rely on Kyrie creating off the dribble one-on-one.

So, he can't just kick the ball around to someone else when a specific isolation play has been called for him and he doesn't like what he sees. He has to make a play... usually a difficult play when the defense is set.

Steph Curry? He will literally only isolate when he has a ton of space and he loves the way the defense is set. That's not how he normally plays, so he's very economical with doing this... thus, he should be more successful when his gameplan is "only go iso if there is something you can exploit." Be it a lack of help behind Kyrie or finding him out of position, that's when he attacks.

But, what does it matter? I thought all Irving could do was to isolate one-on-one? By posing statistics that prove otherwise, you (and Voulgaris by extension) only prove that he's a far more versatile player than given credit for.

Here are the only numbers that matter:

Series: 3-3, despite the Warriors bench eviscerating the Cavs bench every game

Kyrie Irving
27.3 points on 47.3% FG, 40.6% 3PT, 93.1% FT
4.3 assists
3.5 rebounds
2.3 steals
2.7 turnovers
+20 Composite On Court +/-

Steph Curry
23.5 points on 41.9% FG, 43.1% 3PT, 92.6% FT
4.0 assists
4.8 rebounds
0.8 steals
4.3 turnovers
-4 Composite On Court +/-

There you have it. Kyrie is scoring more points on better efficiency, averaging more assists, way less turnovers, and WAY more steals. Kyrie is averaging almost as many steals as turnovers. Curry is turning the ball over 3.5 times for every steal he gets. And, Kyrie has been 24 points better than Curry while on the floor in this series.

I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot and Kyrie's ISO stats were better than Curry's "one-on-one" (despite the help situation), but Curry was taking him to the woodshed in nearly every other category, you'd be lobbying for Curry in this matchup.

You don't have to like Kyrie Irving, and I know you don't, but respect what he has done in these playoffs and, if nothing else, in The Finals where he's playing against a far deeper team in the 2x unanimous league MVP.

If you want to say it's a small sample size, I could also post their respective full playoff numbers... and you won't like that either.

Respect the game and stop trying to cling to some desperate analytics -- that are completely pointless -- which only serve to reinforce your confirmation bias.
I just hate both Cleveland and the Warriors so damn much.

I'll stop this silly nonsense after the Finals are over.

Spurs m8
06-17-2016, 11:28 PM

Feeling ya pain mate, both teams don't deserve to win, I think i've finally decided Cleveland is the lesser of two evils, especially after this forum yesteday.

Warriors 'fans' are that pathetic, you'd think they'd actually lost the series LOL

And even if they had, it still wouldn't have warranted the level 11 meltdowns.

Weak as p*ss

El Gato Negro
06-18-2016, 06:37 AM

Is it Cleveland or just LeBron? Seems a couple of wolves fans don't like Cleveland on here and I'm not sure why. It's not a rivalry thing and it's not like they riped you off in the love trade so why all the hate?