PDA

View Full Version : Is Game 7 the biggest game in NBA history?

lilteapot
06-17-2016, 08:14 PM
I can't think of a single game where so much was at stake. As far as legacy-defining moments, narratives, obviously the title, I mean, wow...

Crystallas
06-17-2016, 08:16 PM
I can't think of a single game where so much was at stake. As far as legacy-defining moments, narratives, obviously the title, I mean, wow...

That's because you buy into the hype, so it seems that way. It's up there, but not the biggest.

highwhey
06-17-2016, 08:16 PM
Did u just start watching basketball yesterday?

Mr. Jabbar
06-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Lakers Celtics 2010 game 7 imo

SwayDizzle
06-17-2016, 08:19 PM
seeing kobe lift the trophy that year and win fmvp over so many legends on that court, catapulting him to the top 5 all time. truly a BIG game

AirBonner
06-17-2016, 08:22 PM
No. That ship has sailed when kobe failed to meet bron in the finals

Mr. Jabbar
06-17-2016, 08:23 PM
seeing kobe lift the trophy that year and win fmvp over so many legends on that court, catapulting him to the top 5 all time. truly a BIG game

franchise rivalry too.

32 total championships combined at the time going at each other

SICK

Mr. Jabbar
06-17-2016, 08:25 PM

kobe was waiting for prime bran but dwight man handled him :lol

Meticode
06-17-2016, 08:36 PM
No, it's not the biggest game in NBA history, but arguably if the Cavs were to win it would be the biggest upset in NBA Finals history IMO. Warriors made the best record in the regular season...ever. 73-9. Curry obilterated the regular season three point record by 100+ more threes. Klay has his best year ever and has the second most made threes in a season ever. Draymond Green was second in Defensive Player of the Year. No team in the Finals has ever came back 3-1 and won. Only 3 teams ever have come back to tie it 3-3 after being down 3-1. Cleveland hasn't won a championship in any fashion in 50+ years.

History is against Cleveland on all levels right now.

Straight_Ballin
06-17-2016, 08:37 PM
kobe was waiting for prime bran but Hedo Turkoglu man handled him :lol

:lol

DMAVS41
06-17-2016, 08:47 PM

This is bigger than that imo.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 08:58 PM
think lakers celtics game 7 from I think 84 would be above that with it's implications. Spurs-Heat game 7 had a bigger importance for Lebron's legacy at least but I guess not really too big for anyone on the Spurs.

1987_Lakers
06-17-2016, 09:06 PM
think lakers celtics game 7 from I think 84 would be above that with it's implications. Spurs-Heat game 7 had a bigger importance for Lebron's legacy at least but I guess not really too big for anyone on the Spurs.

Ya, I don't think anything will ever top game 7 of the '84 Finals, that series basically put the NBA back on the map.

- Lakers vs Celtics
- Magic vs Bird
- Black vs White

With that said, this game 7 is near the top. We are talking about the greatest player of our generation in LeBron going up against a 73 win team on the road in a game 7. I honestly expect game 7 to be the most watched Finals game since game 6 of the '98 Finals.

bluechox2
06-17-2016, 09:07 PM
if curry is off, congrats to lebron

this game is curry's to loose

FreezingTsmoove
06-17-2016, 09:07 PM

Vice versa?

Choked game 7

Choked 2 number on seeds

Indian guy
06-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Hard to think of one that was bigger. Given Warriors' record-breaking season and LeBron's opportunity to catapult himself into the top 3-5, I don't think there has ever been a game with more riding on the line.

Don't see how C's-Lakers from 2010 even remotely compares. It was probably the biggest game of Kobe's career, but he simply wasn't the threat in the all-time rankings that LeBron is. Nor was his performance in the series anything like LeBron's. And the Celtics were a nonentity from a historical standpoint. Even if they had won, neither their standing in history as a team nor any individual player's legacy would've been much, if at all, different than what it is today.

TheOne
06-17-2016, 09:14 PM

How many MVPs conbined in that game? :no:

Top 12 and will only go down.

moongaze
06-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Hard to think of one that was bigger. Given Warriors' record-breaking season and LeBron's opportunity to catapult himself into the top 3-5, I don't think there has ever been a game with more riding on the line.

Don't see how C's-Lakers from 2010 even remotely compares. It was probably the biggest game of Kobe's career, but he simply wasn't the threat in the all-time rankings that LeBron is. Nor was his performance in the series anything like LeBron's. And the Celtics were a nonentity from a historical standpoint. Even if they had won, neither their standing in history as a team nor any individual player's legacy would've been much, if at all, different than what it is today.

Ask a group of people to compare something from the present to the past and they almost always go with the past. No think this is the biggest game all time. One city has a chance to end a long title drought with a player from close to the city leading the team . Then there's the storyline of last year's finals and the revenge factor. The tale of redemption. It's the biggest game I can think of.

LilEddyCurry
06-17-2016, 11:47 PM
Best regular season record vs coming back from 3-1 down.
Stephen Curry vs LeBron James.
LeBron winning Cleveland's first ever NBA title.

moongaze
06-18-2016, 12:05 AM
2010 Lakers vs celtics wasn't even the biggest game in both franchise history. Game 7 is the biggest game in cavs and Cleveland sports history. On top of that the both teams are on the verge of making history.

Gifted Mind
06-18-2016, 01:20 AM
I mean might as well say it's the biggest game in NBA history.

But to be fair, arguably yes. It's the biggest game I can think of in the past 10-15 years at least, and would argue it's at least the biggest since 1984.

SouBeachTalents
06-18-2016, 01:24 AM
I mean might as well say it's the biggest game in NBA history.

But to be fair, arguably yes. It's the biggest game I can think of in the past 10-15 years at least, and would argue it's at least the biggest since 1984.

Imo '69, '84, & '13 Finals Game 7's would all have arguments with this years

dannysc305
06-18-2016, 01:31 AM
Hell YEAH it is. The Chosen One LeBron James trying to fulfill his legacy of bringing the first Championship his entire city has ever had by coming back from down 3 games to 1 against the defending champ & winningest regular seasonal team ever? Being the first to ever come back from down 3-1? Dude it's gonna be LIT so much is at stake

DoctorP
06-18-2016, 01:36 AM
Biggest.game.in.history.

Round Mound
06-18-2016, 01:53 AM
Ya, I don't think anything will ever top game 7 of the '84 Finals, that series basically put the NBA back on the map.

- Lakers vs Celtics
- Magic vs Bird
- Black vs White

With that said, this game 7 is near the top. We are talking about the greatest player of our generation in LeBron going up against a 73 win team on the road in a game 7. I honestly expect game 7 to be the most watched Finals game since game 6 of the '98 Finals.

:applause:

highwhey
06-18-2016, 01:54 AM

good points