PDA

View Full Version : Win or lose could Lebron win FMVP?

Lebronxrings
06-18-2016, 11:43 AM
So last year was pretty close with iggy slightly edging him. Its hard to top off from last year for lebron who went 1v10. The difference this year though is that Warriors don't really have an mvp. They are all system players who have occasionally a good game. I think if the trend continues, Lebron could possibly win it. I mean if warriors win and some random guy goes off in game 7, who wins fmvp?

NumberSix
06-18-2016, 11:45 AM
No chance that a player on the losing team gets the FMVP.

Lebronxrings
06-18-2016, 11:59 AM
he got 4 last year with iggy playing really well. No one this year is playing well in the finals for the warriors.

KiiiiNG
06-18-2016, 12:01 PM
If the Warriors win and he doesn't get FMVP it proves the NBA is rigged against him

That would be two FMVP's they rob from him in back 2 back years.

LeBron is the best finals performer of all time.

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Jerry West says hi.

highwhey
06-18-2016, 12:04 PM
If the Warriors win and he doesn't get FMVP it proves the NBA is rigged against him

THIS.

the whole 2/7 thing is invalid because he shouldn't even be in the finals with the teams he led there. time after time, he outperformed all of his opponents in the finals. it takes an entire team to beat lebron...maybe the fmvp should be shared as a team since no one player can stop him completely.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Assuming Bron has an awesome game 7?

F*ck all the noise and "tradition" and just give him the damn award. He's been head and shoulders the BEST player in this series.

NBAGOAT
06-18-2016, 12:06 PM
he could deserve it if he plays well game 7. Really unlikely he gets it unless it's one of those games where every Warriors player scores less than 20.

HurricaneKid
06-18-2016, 12:08 PM

Right now Golden State is ~2:1 favorite to win the game

And LeBron is ~2:1 favorite to win Finals MVP.

Which means if Golden State wins there is a 50% chance of LeBron still winning FMVP. Which is pretty amazing.

KiiiiNG
06-18-2016, 12:08 PM
THIS.

the whole 2/7 thing is invalid because he shouldn't even be in the finals with the teams he led there. time after time, he outperformed all of his opponents in the finals. it takes an entire team to beat lebron...maybe the fmvp should be shared as a team since no one player can stop him completely.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Well said

Either way, everybody on the planet knows LeBron is still the best player in the world. Whether they rightfully award him the awards anymore is secondary to the facts

The curry hype train is a flop. They gifted him two MVP's and he's done nothing when it matters. Meanwhile LeBron's leading both teams in every statistical category for the 2nd straight year and if he wins game 7 he's right there with Jordan as the GOAT :banana:

stalkerforlife
06-18-2016, 12:09 PM
LMAO...I guess we should start giving guys MVP awards in the regular season even if they miss the playoffs.

Winning doesn't matter anymore in this pathetic, fraudulent, troll generation.

The goal posts are always moving for Bran and his loser ass.

G0ATbe
06-18-2016, 12:15 PM
If Cavs win Kyrie is FMVP easily. And Curry has been magnificent offensively when refs are actually calling the game fairly...why would LeBald get FMVP over him as a loser?:lol

HoopSuperstar
06-18-2016, 12:25 PM
S. Curry is going for the MVP on Sunday no doubt about it, if they stop Curry they win the Game. There's no way Curry gets it if he isn't the key factor in the warriors win, he'll get frustrated if fails to score enough. Lebron could win it if S. Curry fails to have a good enough performance. D. Green will have some heavy minutes cause of Bogut, and Iguodala, so if they pressure him enough the key players are K. Thompson and Curry. Although H. Barnes might have a resurrected game because he's been playing awful lately.

hold this L
06-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Player of winning team should win FMVP, would be stupid him winning it if Warriors win.

BigTicket
06-18-2016, 01:54 PM
If he plays at least as well as Curry tonight, I think he'll get the FMVP win or lose.

dubnation
06-18-2016, 02:38 PM
As a Warrior fan, I can admit that he should win it tonight if he shows up. But still it's hard for me to imagine them giving him the award at Oracle while everyone is celebrating... unless Curry completely bombs it.

KiiiiNG
06-18-2016, 02:40 PM
As a Warrior fan, I can admit that he should win it tonight if he shows up. But still it's hard for me to imagine them giving him the award at Oracle while everyone is celebrating... unless Curry completely bombs it.
You'd think as a Warrior fan you'd know the game is tomorrow. :roll:

Sarcastic
06-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Media went against tradition giving unanimous MVP to Curry. No reason to not give Lebron the FMVP. He clearly deserves it.

dubnation
06-18-2016, 03:32 PM

:lol I guess I'm looking forward to it too much

L.Kizzle
06-18-2016, 03:35 PM
If game 7 was in Cleveland and they lost, there would be a shot of him receiving the award.

No way he get it in a loss on the road.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 06:08 PM
I think LeBron wouldn't want the award himself, it'd be the ultimate participation award.
Curry is the deserving MVP if dubs win in 7

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 06:09 PM

2007 2011 2014 2015 say hi
He's had more bad finals than good ones, he has no argument for top 5 finals performers of all time let alone best

Stringer Bell
06-18-2016, 06:25 PM
The FMVP is not going to go to a player on the losing team. That happened one time, the first time they gave out the award, 47 years ago.

J Shuttlesworth
06-18-2016, 06:25 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2016, 06:27 PM
The FMVP is not going to go to a player on the losing team. That happened one time, the first time they gave out the award, 47 years ago.
Ya, and?

LBJ is doing something THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Ya, and?

LBJ is doing something THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.
what? Having 3 out of 6 good games?
I think that has been done before m8

ILLsmak
06-18-2016, 06:31 PM

The way shit went last year, he is set up to win it this year... but I don't agree with it. He's been balling so well, but yea it's hard to give it to him when his team lost, assuming they lose.

You could put up 50, 10, 10 and it could go down as one of the greatest performances in finals history... and people would always remember it. Be like man... he went ape shit even though they lost. And that's fine... but you don't deserve Finals MVP because you gotta give it to someone on the team who won.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bron won it on the losing team though, that said. Cuz the NBA is ****ing weird atm. They gave him votes last year and gave his defender MVP.

-Smak

ScalsFan21
06-18-2016, 06:32 PM
This just isn't realistic. Has he had the best finals regardless of anything in G7? Yeah. Will he get/does he want FMVP if they lose? I highly doubt it.

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 06:34 PM

Unless Lebron is absolutely terrible tomorrow...he's going to win finals MVP...and he'll deserve it. He's been by far the best player overall. Yes, he struggled in 3 of the first 4 games, but you can't discount what he just did in those 2 games.

It was historic.

And, nobody even comes close to deserving it thus far on the Warriors.

So it's Lebron unless he plays like Kobe in 10 and loses. So he has to play just horrible and lose. Otherwise he's getting it and it will be a landslide...especially after a lot of people that vote feel like he deserved it last year.

MP.Trey
06-18-2016, 06:37 PM
2007 2011 2014 2015 say hi
He's had more bad finals than good ones, he has no argument for top 5 finals performers of all time let alone best
Lol.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Unless Lebron is absolutely terrible tomorrow...he's going to win finals MVP...and he'll deserve it. He's been by far the best player overall. Yes, he struggled in 3 of the first 4 games, but you can't discount what he just did in those 2 games.

It was historic.

And, nobody even comes close to deserving it thus far on the Warriors.

So it's Lebron unless he plays like Kobe in 10 and loses. So he has to play just horrible and lose. Otherwise he's getting it and it will be a landslide...especially after a lot of people that vote feel like he deserved it last year.
Nope, definitely not.
He had three underwhelming games in this series and it would be extremely disrespectful to all winners of all time to credit the losing side like that.
Like I said, I don't think even Bron would want that award in such circumstances, it's just a stain on the legacy.
Curry deserves the mvp if GSW wins and he's close to 30 or has more.
Klay can win it too if he drop his trademark Klay is hot performance

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Lol.
Did you just say that lebron was good in 2014 finals?
Jesus, some of you guys just lack any information of what is good in basketball -.-
just try

Byobob
06-18-2016, 06:41 PM

Some of you may have forgot that 4 out of 11 people gave him the FMVP last year. The majority of them gave it to the player who limited his efficiency. So
I'm not sure where this "FMVP is not going to the losing player" statement is coming from.

Incidentally, I don't like giving out the FMVP to the losing team.

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Nope, definitely not.
He had three underwhelming games in this series and it would be extremely disrespectful to all winners of all time to credit the losing side like that.
Like I said, I don't think even Bron would want that award in such circumstances, it's just a stain on the legacy.
Curry deserves the mvp if GSW wins and he's close to 30 or has more.
Klay can win it too if he drop his trademark Klay is hot performance

Nope...you are so wrong on this.

Curry does not deserve this award...like at all. And he's not getting it unless he's unreal good and Lebron is unreal bad.

It's just as simple as that...

He got 4 of the 11 votes last years...and he's literally been twice as good overall and nobody on the Warriors even has an argument at this point. JVG has a campaign going as well.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Nope...you are so wrong on this.

Curry does not deserve this award...like at all. And he's not getting it unless he's unreal good and Lebron is unreal bad.

It's just as simple as that...

He got 4 of the 11 votes last years...and he's literally been twice as good overall and nobody on the Warriors even has an argument at this point. JVG has a campaign going as well.
I agree that he's twice as good as last year, but mainly because he was horrid last year and definitely didn't deserve a single vote for fmvp.
Curry had two great games in G4 and G6, was good for the most part in G5 and great in G2 in the time that actually mattered, scored like 15 points in like a quarter and a half if not less.
GSW were playing great without splash bros in G1 so he just didn't force the issue and player a great team game. Isignificant statistically, sure, but impactful and unselfish.

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 06:53 PM
I agree that he's twice as good as last year, but mainly because he was horrid last year and definitely didn't deserve a single vote for fmvp.
Curry had two great games in G4 and G6, was good for the most part in G5 and great in G2 in the time that actually mattered, scored like 15 points in like a quarter and a half if not less.
GSW were playing great without splash bros in G1 so he just didn't force the issue and player a great team game. Isignificant statistically, sure, but impactful and unselfish.

I'm just telling you what is going to happen;

1. I agree his play last year was absurdly over-rated

2. I agree that Curry has been better than people are saying

3. However, Lebron's last 2 games have been historic...his overall numbers in this series are now historic...and there is a feeling (doesn't mean it's right) that Lebron should have gotten it last year. JVG is calling it a joke that he didn't win last year every game...he has a campaign going...this influences people.

4. Like I said...Lebron has to play poorly and lose for this to even be a discussion. If Lebron goes for 30/12/9....he'll get 90% of the votes unless Curry goes for 60....regardless of outcome.

5. Lastly, Lebron has just clearly been the best and most valuable player in this series now overall...so it's not like he won't be deserving or people will be losing their minds by voting for him. That just isn't the case at all assuming something crazy doesn't happen tomorrow. But right now? It's clearly Lebron.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-18-2016, 06:54 PM

Bron wasn't horrid last year. Overrated? Yes. Dude basically averaged the same FG% as Kobe does for his career in the finals. It wasn't a '93 Jordan vs Suns series, but it wasn't a '10 Kobe vs Celtics series either.

Bron should and WILL get the award assuming he plays great next game. Win or lose. He's clearly been the best player this finals AND has thoroughly outplayed Steph.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 07:00 PM
I'm just telling you what is going to happen;

1. I agree his play last year was absurdly over-rated

2. I agree that Curry has been better than people are saying

3. However, Lebron's last 2 games have been historic...his overall numbers in this series are now historic...and there is a feeling (doesn't mean it's right) that Lebron should have gotten it last year. JVG is calling it a joke that he didn't win last year every game...he has a campaign going...this influences people.

4. Like I said...Lebron has to play poorly and lose for this to even be a discussion. If Lebron goes for 30/12/9....he'll get 90% of the votes unless Curry goes for 60....regardless of outcome.
1.true
2.very true.
3.His G5 is historic, yes. But with the context of Iggy having huge back issues and still being put out there to guard bran and bogut being out G6 is simply not as great.
4.A 30 point triple double isn't enough, he's put on a ridiculously high standard on himself with his last two statistical outings. I think he has to be near 40/10/10 to get consideration from casual viewers.

Though yeah, retard like JVG influence people.
but wouldn't you agree that LeBron himself wouldn't want that award if they lose? To have more fmvps than to have rings is kind of like being a glorified loser, and I think Lebron is trying to push himself as far away from that label as he can

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Bron wasn't horrid last year. Overrated? Yes. Dude basically averaged the same FG% as Kobe does for his career in the finals. It wasn't a '93 Jordan vs Suns series, but it wasn't a '10 Kobe vs Celtics series either.

Bron should and WILL get the award assuming he plays great next game. Win or lose. He's clearly been the best player this finals AND has thoroughly outplayed Steph.
10 Kobe was much better, he was playing some of the best defense of his life and was still the best player in G7, even with that game being the best defensive game in a long time.

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 07:05 PM
1.true
2.very true.
3.His G5 is historic, yes. But with the context of Iggy having huge back issues and still being put out there to guard bran and bogut being out G6 is simply not as great.
4.A 30 point triple double isn't enough, he's put on a ridiculously high standard on himself with his last two statistical outings. I think he has to be near 40/10/10 to get consideration from casual viewers.

but wouldn't you agree that LeBron himself wouldn't want that award if they lose? To have more fmvps than to have rings is kind of like being a glorified loser, and I think Lebron is trying to push himself as far away from that label as he can

Dude...

1. Casual viewers don't vote...and if 4 voters voted for him last year...how are more not going to vote for him this year? Also, a big part of what you are missing is that the other votes might be spread out. Someone might vote for Klay, someone might vote for Green...etc...depending on what happens in game 7. So it might only take 5 or 6 votes of the 11 to win it.

2. It doesn't matter what Lebron would want...voters aren't going to care one bit about that...so that part of your argument makes no sense for this discussion.

3. Nobody thinks like you...well...nobody with a finals mvp vote is going to discount Lebron's last 2 games enough for it to even move the needle. That is another flaw in your argument...I'm telling you nobody with a vote thinks about this through the lens of "why Lebron's game wasn't as great as it seemed"...nobody

4. And in some ways...we agree. Lebron had 3 poor games in the first 4. It took him until game 5 to really start playing the right way and trusting his jumper. So I'm with you on that, and I hammered him for it when it looked like his lack of confidence in his jumper was going to be the downfall of this team yet again. However, then something special happened, and it was historic...and Lebron started playing the right way. And quite frankly...Lebron locked in with a jumper going might be the GOAT basketball player. I say this as a guy that hasn't been all too impressed at his progression as a player since 10. I thought he had a legit shot at being the GOAT back in 09/10 when his game developed. But Lebron with a jumper? He's as good or better than anyone in history when he's locked in on both ends like this. Other people see this...and it blows out of the water what anyone else in the finals can do. And so he's going to get rewarded for that...as he should...even if it took 4 games to find it. And it won't matter if it took 4 games if they win...but even if they lose man...what he's done in the last 2 games...it changes everything.

5. That is why game 7 really might be the biggest game in NBA history. It's very close...hell, it probably is. If Lebron plays great and wins...the noise ends forever. He's on the tier of the best ever....his flaws as a player...which he has...don't matter enough because they didn't prevent him from doing something historic. If he wins this series...he's going down as one of the best finals performers ever. He's going down as the 2nd best perimeter player in NBA history. Doesn't matter what anyone says after that...because nobody is gonna care about games 1-4, the 07 finals, 09 and 10, 11 finals, nor should they, if they win this thing with Lebron playing like this. Those things will only be brought up in comparisons to MJ...everyone else will be in the rear view mirror.

So...Cavs first title, beating Warriors 73 win team, first team ever coming back 1-3 in the finals...it's over for every perimeter player other than MJ. I might not fully agree, but it is what it is...flaws and all.

Lebronxrings
06-18-2016, 07:05 PM
SexSymbol getting destroyed in my thread. I would have hoped he would vanish like the other kobetards.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-18-2016, 07:10 PM
1.true
2.very true.

Teams win championships. How could you fault a player that goes balls out like LeBron has these last 2 games, but instead his squad happened to lose?

Last years finals, compared to Kobe in '10, Bron was the better passer, rebounder and scorer if we're talking about consistency. Yeah he couldn't hit his jumper...but he still managed to score in the paint effectively.

'10 Kobe shouldn't even be in the discussion. I only used the series as a point to say Bron didn't play as bad. When taking into account who he played with in last years finals, its just obvious. No offensive threats with the Love and Kyrie injuries versus Kobe who had several weapons on that end.

Cap'n Obvious
06-18-2016, 07:15 PM
He will win it if he gets enough votes.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Dude...

1. Casual viewers don't vote...and if 4 voters voted for him last year...how are more not going to vote for him this year? Also, a big part of what you are missing is that the other votes might be spread out. Someone might vote for Klay, someone might vote for Green...etc...depending on what happens in game 7. So it might only take 5 or 6 votes of the 11 to win it.

2. It doesn't matter what Lebron would want...voters aren't going to care one bit about that...so that part of your argument makes no sense for this discussion.

3. Nobody thinks like you...well...nobody with a finals mvp vote is going to discount Lebron's last 2 games enough for it to even move the needle. That is another flaw in your argument...I'm telling you nobody with a vote thinks about this through the lens of "why Lebron's game wasn't as great as it seemed"...nobody
I'm not using what lebron would want as an argument for this discussion, it's just a though I've had.

Listen, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but in my opinion a player on the losing side should never be rewarded, it's just against the nature of the game

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Teams win championships. How could you fault a player that goes balls out like LeBron has these last 2 games, but instead his squad happened to lose?

Last years finals, compared to Kobe in '10, Bron was the better passer, rebounder and scorer if we're talking about consistency. Yeah he couldn't hit his jumper...but he still managed to score in the paint effectively.

'10 Kobe shouldn't even be in the discussion. I only used the series as a point to say Bron didn't play as bad. When taking into account who he played with in last years finals, its just obvious. No offensive threats with the Love and Kyrie injuries versus Kobe who had several weapons on that end.

Kobe loses a lot of points for his game 7...and rightfully so, but Lebron's 15 finals really was not better in any real way.

He was single covered for a large portion of the finals and was gifted open looks from range. 47.7% TS is laughably bad...especially given how the Warriors guarded him.

Lets not turn this into Kobe vs Lebron, but you are over-rating Lebron's performance here and under-rating Kobe's.

Through 6 games of that series Kobe was at 30/7/4 56% TS.

Claiming Lebron's 15 finals were better really isn't going to hold up. I'm not saying Kobe was definitively better or anything, but arguing it in general is kind of pointless. Completely different circumstances and it's just hard to argue in favor of a guy at 47.7% TS with a 41% usage rate. That honestly makes it virtually impossible to win.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Kobe loses a lot of points for his game 7...and rightfully so, but Lebron's 15 finals really was not better in any real way.

He was single covered for a large portion of the finals and was gifted open looks from range. 47.7% TS is laughably bad...especially given how the Warriors guarded him.

Lets not turn this into Kobe vs Lebron, but you are over-rating Lebron's performance here and under-rating Kobe's.

Claiming Lebron's 15 finals were better really isn't going to hold up. I'm not saying Kobe was definitively better or anything, but arguing it in general is kind of pointless. Completely different circumstances and it's just hard to argue in favor of a guy at 47.7% TS with a 41% usage rate. That honestly makes it virtually impossible to win.
Kobe wasn't bad in G7 given the circumstances. His defense was splendind, as was everyone's on the court quite frankly. Fcker had like 15 points in the 4th quarter

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Kobe wasn't bad in G7 given the circumstances. His defense was splendind, as was everyone's on the court quite frankly. Fcker had like 15 points in the 4th quarter

This will be my last response on Kobe vs Lebron finals...as I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

If Kobe's game 7 isn't considered bad...his standards are incredibly low and doesn't warrant comparisons to a player like Lebron in the first place. Being a selfish ball hogging maniac for 3 qtrs while shooting 25% is terrible...full stop.

SexSymbol
06-18-2016, 07:33 PM
This will be my last response on Kobe vs Lebron finals...as I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

If Kobe's game 7 isn't considered bad...his standards are incredibly low and doesn't warrant comparisons to a player like Lebron in the first place. Being a selfish ball hogging maniac for 3 qtrs while shooting 25% is terrible...full stop.
He took some ill-advised shots in the first quarter.
A lot of his misses were with little other choices available but a pullup from a ridiculous position.
He wasn't good scoring wise from the field, made up in fts, was superb defensively and even took down a shit ton of rebounds. Sure, not the most exciting and beautiful game in the world, but he was good.

at least those finals were more interesting

JebronLames
06-18-2016, 07:35 PM
LeBron is -215 to win FMVP despite being a +170 dog to win the game.

GrapeApe
06-18-2016, 07:39 PM
No, he has no chance to win FMVP if the Cavs lose.

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 07:39 PM
LeBron is -215 to win FMVP despite being a +170 dog to win the game.

Yep....because he's the huge favorite regardless of outcome. Everyone but a handful of people know this.

Im Still Ballin
06-18-2016, 07:41 PM
I think he'll win it

Game 6 was the best finals game ever by a player

And Game 5 was the 3rd best by game score

I'm honestly just speechless at his poise and dominance

GrapeApe
06-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Yep....because he's the huge favorite regardless of outcome. Everyone but a handful of people know this.

If the Cavs lose and he does win (which I still maintain is unlikely), how bizzare will that be? Imagine having just lost the championship and then having to accept an individual award? Talk about awkward. I'm not sure Lebron would even want it under those circumstances. Does he act happy? Upset? Happy but upset? Does he take the humble approach and say he doesn't deserve it?

Then you have the other side, where a team who just won the championship doesn't have the FMVP. Maybe they'd take it as a sign of unity and being the ultimate team, but maybe they'd be insulted. Lebron himself might even be insulted. Just a strange scenario all the way around.

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 08:53 PM
If the Cavs lose and he does win (which I still maintain is unlikely), how bizzare will that be? Imagine having just lost the championship and then having to accept an individual award? Talk about awkward. I'm not sure Lebron would even want it under those circumstances. Does he act happy? Upset? Happy but upset? Does he take the humble approach and say he doesn't deserve it?

Then you have the other side, where a team who just won the championship doesn't have the FMVP. Maybe they'd take it as a sign of unity and being the ultimate team, but maybe they'd be insulted. Lebron himself might even be insulted. Just a strange scenario all the way around.

Yes, it would be a strange situation...but that has nothing to do with whether or not he wins.

You can still maintain it's unlikely, but he's the overwhelming betting favorite despite his team being underdogs to win the game. That is the answer...win or lose...he's the clear favorite going into the game to win mvp.

The only way he doesn't win is if Curry goes absolutely crazy...or Lebron plays terrible. Hell, it really might take both.

tpols
06-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Bron most likely would deserve it. But it would be such back handed compliment if they lost ..

Byobob
06-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Dude...

QFT!

This statement alone says that HE COULD win the FMVP even if the Cavs lose. Doesn't matter if there's an unwritten rule that FMVP goes to the player of a winning team or the award was given to a losing team when it was first handed out. Last year's FMVP voting gives precedent that HE COULD win it win or lose.

OTOH, I don't agree with giving it to a player from a losing team regardless of performances.

GrapeApe
06-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Yes, it would be a strange situation...but that has nothing to do with whether or not he wins.

You can still maintain it's unlikely, but he's the overwhelming betting favorite despite his team being underdogs to win the game. That is the answer...win or lose...he's the clear favorite going into the game to win mvp.

The only way he doesn't win is if Curry goes absolutely crazy...or Lebron plays terrible. Hell, it really might take both.

This is flawed logic in terms of saying Lebron is the favorite even if the Cavs lose, and I'll explain why.

Lebron is the ovewhelming favorite because nobody on the Warriors has separated themselves. Lebron has a 100% chance to win FMVP if the Cavs win. The Warriors have multiple players in contention. In other words, the odds of the Cavs winning is greater than the odds of any one particular player on the Warriors winning FMVP.

For example (just to illustrate my point), let's say there are 4 players on the Warriors who each have a 25% chance at FMVP if they win. If the Warriors have a 70% chance of winning, each player has a 17.5% chance at FMVP. If Lebron has a 100% chance at FMVP if the Cavs win, he has a 30% chance at FMVP. Lebron would be the overwhelming favorite despite being a heavy underdog.

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Leading every major category,,,

JebronLames
06-18-2016, 09:45 PM
This is flawed logic in terms of saying Lebron is the favorite even if the Cavs lose, and I'll explain why.

Lebron is the ovewhelming favorite because nobody on the Warriors has separated themselves. Lebron has a 100% chance to win FMVP if the Cavs win. The Warriors have multiple players in contention. In other words, the odds of the Cavs winning is greater than the odds of any one particular player on the Warriors winning FMVP.

For example (just to illustrate my point), let's say there are 4 players on the Warriors who each have a 25% chance at FMVP if they win. If the Warriors have a 70% chance of winning, each player has a 17.5% chance at FMVP. If Lebron has a 100% chance at FMVP if the Cavs win, he has a 30% chance at FMVP. Lebron would be the overwhelming favorite despite being a heavy underdog.
:roll: Your logic is terrible

DMAVS41
06-18-2016, 09:47 PM

Nope.

The Cavs are expected to lose this game...yet Lebron is still the overwhelming favorite to win finals MVP despite that expectation.

Your point about a multitude of Warriors being capable actually makes my point.

Think about last year...Lebron got 4 of the 11 votes. By your own admission...there are multiple players on the Warriors that could get votes.

This actually makes the case for Lebron even stronger with any outcome. Imagine last year if Andre got 3 votes, Klay got 2 votes, and Steph got 2 votes. Lebron wins...

Here is what we know. Lebron has been by far the best player in the series. He is an overwhelming favorite to win finals MVP despite his team being dogs.

JVG is on a campaign to make Lebron finals mvp. There is also a sentiment that he deserved it last year.

It's not flawed logic at all...your point would make sense if we didn't see Lebron play far worse last year in a series that ended earlier...and still receive 4 of the 11 votes. If he gets 4 votes last year...he's simply going to get more this year...it's not hard...it's simple.

Now, the variable is if something truly crazy happens. Which I've said repeatedly. If Lebron plays poorly and Steph goes for 40 and hits a buzzer beater or something...then yea...but that isn't what we are talking about.

We are talking about which player is likely to win mvp regardless of the outcome. And unless we see someone play historically great or historically bad...Lebron is the likely winner.

Hence he's the overwhelming betting favorite set by the people having to risk millions of dollars.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-18-2016, 10:11 PM

I'm not trying to either, which is why I regret even bringing it up.

You mentioned Kobe's scoring and I'm talking about Bron's game from an OVERALL standpoint with the context of help (his versus Kobe's).

I totally agree that its generally overrated, especially by his fanboys, but even still... Guy averaged ~36ppg on 40% FG, Kobe's career shooting percentage on that stage BUT on far less volume.

Don't really feel like debating this, so I'll just agree to disagree.

GrapeApe
06-18-2016, 10:14 PM
:roll: Your logic is terrible

It's called math jackass. The flaw in my logic is of course that it assumes a player has a 0% chance of FMVP if they lose. It was only meant to illustrate a point, not be taken at face value.

Dmavs41 made a good point about the Warriors players canceling each other out, but my point was that being the favorite for FMVP as the underdog doesn't necessarily make you the favorite if you lose. In addition, there are inevitably going to be voters who who will not vote for a player on the losing team.

KiiiiNG
06-18-2016, 10:58 PM
I have no problem with LeBron having a case for it, but the problem is, if it goes to him, then the floodgates open going forward, and then cases can be made about past awards etc.

Also I don't think LeBron himself would want the award if he loses.
Yeah I don't think there's gonna be many players in the future who lead both teams in every major statistical category.

Let's just say the KING is a rare exception and worthy of the award win or lose. Exceptions are payed to GOATs.