PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully Now the NBA Can Get Back to Playing Real Basketball

DonDadda59
06-19-2016, 11:01 PM
Thank you Bron, Kyrie, and the Cavs for killing the small ball, chuck 3s non stop era. OKC exposed them, Cleveland made it official.

Can't stand that brand of basketball. RIP. :applause:

oh the horror
06-19-2016, 11:02 PM
Funny you mentioned this. I heard a sports talk host discussing this very same thing.

Let's face it. They won last year because Cleveland was depleted. Chucking 3s is a fluke title at best. Not the future of the NBA.

Im Still Ballin
06-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Truth

This was legit a win for basketball fans

A win for the state of hoops in the world

DonDadda59
06-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Funny you mentioned this. I heard a sports talk host discussing this very same thing.

Let's face it. They won last year because Cleveland was depleted. Chucking 3s is a fluke title at best. Not the future of the NBA.

Yup. Charles Barkley was right when he said you can't win a championship just chucking 3s. GSW was just fortunate last year. Shouldn't even have made it to the Finals this year if it wasn't for Durant and Westbrook completely melting down in the last 4th quarters of their series.

Truth

This was legit a win for basketball fans

A win for the state of hoops in the world

In this we are in complete agreement. Chucking/Small ball get f*cked. :cheers:

https://media.giphy.com/media/RE2hvnl54vrOg/giphy.gif

deja vu
06-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Obviously you can't make low percentage shots the backbone of your offense.

oh the horror
06-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Obviously you can't make low percentage shots the backbone of your offense.

It's crazy because they never switched it up either. They had nothing more in their bag of tricks.

deja vu
06-19-2016, 11:23 PM
It's crazy because they never switched it up either. They had nothing more in their bag of tricks.
I think it's more due to the Cavs defense. It's quite easy to shut down the 3 if that's all the opposing team can do.

ROCSteady
06-19-2016, 11:34 PM
I told my bro in law with about 6 min left that GSW would lose because of the three ball....

YOU LIVE BY THE THREE, YOU DIE BY THE THREE!!!!!

Dudes like me and DonDadda are trill, fck all those three balls with the title on the line, play basketball, get buckets...

This ain't Dave and Busters

Joshumitsu
06-19-2016, 11:48 PM
Damn straight.

Now, if we can only get Dwight Howard and the Blazers a ring......

KiiiiNG
06-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Ironically Irving sealed it with a 3 in Curry's face!

DEATH TO 3ball

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Meticode
06-19-2016, 11:51 PM
Thank you Bron, Kyrie, and the Cavs for killing the small ball, chuck 3s non stop era. OKC exposed them, Cleveland made it official.

You do realize that the biggest reason Cleveland came back in the series is becuase they played small-ball as well? Their best lineup on the floor was Thompson, LeBron, Jefferson, Smith and Irving.

bigkingsfan
06-19-2016, 11:53 PM
They were just missing open 3's in the most important quarter that they were making the entire season imo.

Game winner was a 3.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-19-2016, 11:57 PM
Somewhat true.

I appreciate Curry as a player, but this finals, just like with LeBron, exposed a hell of A LOT. I've legit never seen a player of his caliber so reliant on screens.

Reggie Miller needed a boat load, but he was never a back-to-back MVP. Curry was put in check this series. No question about it.

DonDadda59
06-19-2016, 11:57 PM
You do realize that the biggest reason Cleveland came back in the series is becuase they played small-ball as well? Their best lineup on the floor was Thompson, LeBron, Jefferson, Smith and Irving.

Dawg, the Warriors had Green at C and Barnes at PF in game 7 of the NBA Finals. Kevin Love looked like prime Bill Russell out there. GSW was +16 in 3 attempts and -9 in Rbs for a reason.

RIP the small ball era. Shitty era it was.

Hey Yo
06-19-2016, 11:58 PM

I see your tune has changed

What happened to Terry shut LeBron down

imdaman99
06-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Weren't the Cavs setting records in the East playoffs hitting like 20 threes a game? :lol

I hope it's the death of it, can't stand the nonstop chucking. It's literally 3 pointers or layups.

bigkingsfan
06-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Weren't the Cavs setting records in the East playoffs hitting like 20 threes a game? :lol

I sure it's the death of it, can't stand the nonstop chucking. It's literally 3 pointers or layups.
It's not changing. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
06-20-2016, 12:03 AM
I see your tune has changed

What happened to Terry shut LeBron down

That didn't change last time I checked. :confusedshrug:

Somewhat true.

I appreciate Curry as a player, but this finals, just like with LeBron, exposed a hell of A LOT. I've legit never seen a player of his caliber so reliant on screens.

Reggie Miller needed a boat load, but he was never a back-to-back MVP. Curry was put in check this series. No question about it.

Steph is a one trick pony. If he's not getting illegal screens from Bogut for wide open shots, he's useless to a basketball team. I'd even say he's a detriment to his squad as he's one of the worst man defenders in the league.

Most ATG perimeter players can switch up their styles to beat what the defense throws at them- you try to trap them at the 3, they play off-ball and post up. Can't get their usual look from their go-to spot, they drive the ball instead of settling for jumpers.

With Steph it's just keep chucking no matter what. This is 2 straight Finals where the Cavs D made him look pedestrian and this year you had Kyrie making a mockery of his MVP.

deja vu
06-20-2016, 12:03 AM
I don't think chucking 3s will become a trend. GSW are great at it because they have the greatest shooter ever and another all-time great shooter. Other teams don't have that luxury, so will use 3s as a last resort or when there's an open shot.

highwhey
06-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Ironically Irving sealed it with a 3 in Curry's face!

DEATH TO 3ball

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:
POETIC JUSTICE

RAMSEY KILLED BY HIS OWN HOUNDS

WARRIORS LOST BY A 3

WHAT A FCKING TIME

warriorfan
That didn't change last time I checked. :confusedshrug:

Steph is a one trick pony. If he's not getting illegal screens from Bogut for wide open shots, he's useless to a basketball team. I'd even say he's a detriment to his squad as he's one of the worst man defenders in the league.

Most ATG perimeter players can switch up their styles to beat what the defense throws at them- you try to trap them at the 3, they play off-ball and post up. Can't get their usual look from their go-to spot, they drive the ball instead of settling for jumpers.

With Steph it's just keep chucking no matter what. This is 2 straight Finals where the Cavs D made him look pedestrian and this year you had Kyrie making a mockery of his MVP.

Don...

reel it in buddy

You are starting to sound like Dresta when he starts rambling about american history and slavery

Mr. Jabbar
Not so sure about that. Warrs were a green suspension away of 2peating

Just2McFly
06-20-2016, 12:07 AM
Sad thing is Kyrie was bodying him in last years game 1 too...like it's not a stretch to say that Lebron + Kyrie wouldn't have made it a series last year.

tpols
06-20-2016, 12:11 AM
the cavs are a 3 pt shooting team.. kyrie is a midrange killer, but they play a small ball a good amount too and love the 3 ball. The only difference in this series was klay and curry choked. They were missing their point blank open shots all night/series long. both had a few in that 4th that went halfway down and rimmed out.. should be a lesson to them to blend more midrange in their games, it's too predictable and there's no room for error on it.

lakers_forever
06-20-2016, 12:12 AM
:applause: :applause: Agreed. A win for basketball! Can't stand this small ball, gunning more 3's than 2's with virtually no post and mid range game. Thanks, Lebron and Irving. And people thought the Warriord could beat Jordan's Bulls, Showtime and 01 Lakers. :oldlol: And I am glad this ends the Curry is the best player in the world crap. Better offensively than Jordan according to that idiot Dwight Howard. Props for Curry for being the all time greatest 3 point ahooter. But what does he has offer other than that? Average defense, rebounding and playmaking abilty not even close to the greatest point guards ever. When his shot is not falling, he can't change the game in any other way. He's like a PG Reggie Miller in steroids.

DonDadda59
06-20-2016, 12:17 AM
Don...

reel it in buddy

You are starting to sound like Dresta when he starts rambling about american history and slavery

22.6 PPG on 40% FG For the series. 65% of FGA from 3.

Overrated.

One.

Trick.

Pony.

Cue the 'injury' talk. Then explain 0 FMVP when completely healthy last finals.

rodman91
06-20-2016, 12:20 AM

they killed Phil Jackson for saying it last year.

Vragrant
06-20-2016, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't say that's the case. GSW were 2 min away from winning the title. Plus, Kyries' game winning shot was ironically a 3 pointer.

Koresh
06-20-2016, 04:38 AM
Happy as hell this brand of basketball was exposed on the biggest stage. Justice was served. I haven't been this happy in years. Real basketball matters.:rockon: :pimp: :banana:

fourkicks44
06-20-2016, 04:48 AM
Not so sure about that. Warrs were a green suspension away of 2peating

The asterisk has begun........

:oldlol:

warriorfan
06-20-2016, 05:00 AM
Cue the 'injury' talk. Then explain 0 FMVP when completely healthy last finals.

2 words

bleacher report

2swift4u
06-20-2016, 05:13 AM
This was one of the main reasons why I was hoping Cleveland would win. For the most part of the finals and also in the series against OKC the Warriors completely relied on shooting 3s. It was almost getting ridiculous with all those long distance 3s Curry and Klay were taking. Of course their shooting is incredible but it was just a bit too much for my taste. I'd like to watch teams that mix it up.

3ball
06-20-2016, 05:15 AM
2-pointer basketball > 3-pointer basketball.. 2-pointers are REAL BASKETBALL, while 3-pointers are a gimmick.

2-pointers are scored in infinitely more WAYS and therefore harder to stop when the pressure is on, whereas 3-pointers are mostly catch-and-shoot and therefore easier to stop at the highest level of competition.

Btw, it's remarkable that Cleveland won by shooting more 2-pointers (they made 52 more 2-pointers than GSW), considering their best player shot 13/54 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2544/stats/shooting/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4
) on 2-point jumpshots (24%), including 32% from midrange!!!.. Obviously, Jordan's far superior 2-point ability and jumpshot efficiency (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389794&postcount=17) would've destroyed the Warriors..

swagga
06-20-2016, 05:19 AM
amen brother

MiseryCityTexas
06-20-2016, 05:21 AM
Hell, game 7 was the best damned game of the year through out the entire 15-16 season. It actually had that old school basketball feel.

TheOne
06-20-2016, 06:19 AM
Shooting three is a high risk high reward strategy. Warriors is best at executing this strategy with 2 historical shooters and one of the best moving screens in Bogut. It doesn't work very well without moving screen. I blame Barnes for the loss of Bogut, which coated them the chip.

JohnFreeman
06-20-2016, 06:20 AM
Cousins

back to the basket destruction

nashwade
06-20-2016, 07:07 AM
Well I liked it when Nash was running it at PHX. That's the reason why they didn't win.

highwhey
06-20-2016, 07:14 AM
Well I liked it when Nash was running it at PHX. That's the reason why they didn't win.
Except we played zero defense outside of Marion and Raja Bell...nethier of them were as good as Draymond and Iguadola locking down the perimeter and post.

Klay 3D
06-20-2016, 03:00 PM
The rise of Cousins, Towns, and Embiid

BlazerRed
06-20-2016, 03:01 PM
YES! Please God, fix this forsaken league. **** the three ball spamming :facepalm