PDA

View Full Version : If Cleveland wants to repeat, do they need to make changes?

TAZORAC
06-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Eventhough Cleveland won the championship, I don't see them repeating. LBJ is past his prime eventhough he had a great series. If they are heavily depended on LBJ next year, not only will they not win the championship they will probably be 3 or 4th seed in the playoffs.

I think Irving took a step this series and isn't far off of LBJ OFFENSIVELY...LBJ is still great on defense and rebounding, but his inability to drive to the basket like he once could still start to take a toll next season.

What moves do you think they need to make to repeat next year, or do you think they could keep the same exact team and repeat?

KingPush
06-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Love for Durant

TAZORAC
06-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Love for Durant

Well that's not happening.

eriX
06-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Make Irving the first options and love the second with lebron running the point forward.

plowking
06-19-2016, 11:42 PM
I think Love played fantastic tonight, even though his offense wasn't going, but I would get someone like an Ibaka, or a similar type of player to fill that role. Love just doesn't give them the freedom to play the type of ball they are best at, and he isn't enough of a two way player to play in their type of system.

Maybe Millsap? Thaddeus Young? Someone who can move their feet and guard a few positions on defense.

FireDavidKahn
06-19-2016, 11:43 PM
They need to trade Love for someone who can contribute more than 5% of the time.

Ben Simmons
06-19-2016, 11:43 PM
No.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Let JR Smith go (seriously, he can hit 3's yeah, but f*ck his D sucks). Find more shooters and a good backup big.

Long shot, but maybe trade KLove to NOLA for #6 pick? Then draft Hield or UK Murray?

TAZORAC
06-19-2016, 11:50 PM
Make Irving the first options and love the second with lebron running the point forward.

Possibility...because 60% of the time when LBJ drives to the basketball, he gets blocked, or falls down...that use to never happen.

They need more shooters.

Meticode
06-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Let JR Smith go (seriously, he can hit 3's yeah, but f*ck his D sucks). Find more shooters and a good backup big.

Long shot, but maybe trade KLove to NOLA for #6 pick? Then draft Hield or UK Murray?
J.R. Smith has already decided not to pick up his option for next year so he's going to test the market yet again for a second year in a row. He should get some contenders calling for him. He was 7th in the NBA in made-threes for the season and was second or third in made-threes after the all-star game. He also played great both-ways in the playoffs.

TAZORAC
06-19-2016, 11:58 PM
J.R. Smith has already decided not to pick up his option for next year so he's going to test the market yet again for a second year in a row. He should get some contenders calling for him. He was 7th in the NBA in made-threes for the season and was second or third in made-threes after the all-star game. He also played great both-ways in the playoffs.

He was 7th in made 3's this year? I didn't know that.