PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is absolutely AMAZING but he's not neck-and-neck with Jordan, calm down.

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 01:08 AM
I have Lebron pretty high in my top 10 rankings right now, but people are getting a little high in the moment, as usual.

Let's see how the rest of his career plays out before making these stupid conclusions. :no:

3ball
06-20-2016, 01:11 AM
I have Lebron pretty high in my top 10 rankings right now

If Lebron fans could choose between Lebron getting 40+ points, 15+ rebounds or 10+ assists (they can only choose one), they would choose 40+ points most of the time.

So POINTS are the most important thing a #1 option does.. Think about it - Lebron won these Finals by producing back-to-back 40 point games, but he only has 15 playoff games in his career with 40+ points (1 every 14 games), compared to Jordan's 38 games of 40+ points (1 every 3.8 games).

people are getting a little high in the moment

For their playoff careers, Jordan scored nearly 6 ppg more than Lebron with better efficiency across the board (TS, FG, ORtg) and clutch (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12438582&postcount=24) - that's worth more than Lebron's 2.5 defensive rebound edge (with less offensive rebounds) and 1.0 assist edge (with more turnovers).

There's never been a #1 option that scored 6 more on better efficiency that wasn't considered the far better player.

Let's see how the rest of his career plays out before making these stupid conclusions

Jordan's scoring advantage is even bigger than people realize - Lebron has many series (even an entire playoff run) where he wasn't his team's leading scorer.. Otoh, MJ is the ONLY all-time great to lead his team in scoring for every playoff series of his career, and he did it by an average of 15.4 ppg (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406920) (let that sink in)..

MJ also led his team in passing, just like Lebron - he led the Bulls in assist percentage for both 3-peats (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11713121&postcount=49), so he assisted on the highest proportion of teammate field goals.. Ultimately, Jordan's goat scoring load, team-leading passing, and best-ever defense at his position is the greatest performance and biggest load ever carried.

BlakFrankWhite
06-20-2016, 01:12 AM
Give him a few more years

He'll get there.

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 01:14 AM
blah blah blah excuses because i love j/oing to jordan

Get out of my thread.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/man-robbery-mask-attacking-someone-shotgun-28486168.jpg

Johnni Gade
06-20-2016, 01:17 AM
Let LeGod have his moment.

tmacattack33
06-20-2016, 01:19 AM
His 2009 peak and 2012 was already in the discussion.

He just needed the accolades. And he's getting them, year by year. He'll get there soon enough I believe. I think he'll get another ring in the next two years. And then you'll see more people and "experts" having that discussion. Just like how this ring will have probably 80% of the experts putting Lebron above Larry and Magic.

Black Magic
06-20-2016, 01:24 AM
His 2009 peak and 2012 was already in the discussion.

He just needed the accolades. And he's getting them, year by year. He'll get there soon enough I believe. I think he'll get another ring in the next two years. And then you'll see more people and "experts" having that discussion. Just like how this ring will have probably 80% of the experts putting Lebron above Larry and Magic.

yea but 2011 will always have to hurt him when comparing to Jordan. Its not that he lost, its how he lost. he should have had 4 rings

FashionIssues
06-20-2016, 01:25 AM
hes neck and neck with bosh or kyrie

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 01:26 AM
yea but 2011 will always have to hurt him when comparing to Jordan. Its not that he lost, its how he lost. he should have had 4 rings

THIS

Lebron is an alltime absolute legend and was before these finals, but if you really want to compare him to the GOAT; 2011 is eventually going to get brought up.

FashionIssues
06-20-2016, 01:33 AM
he's 3-7. he's had seven tries and three sucesses. he's alone in this record

rodman91
06-20-2016, 01:33 AM
Of course he is not neck to neck.. It'll be narrative to sell though. Just like they did with Kobe in late 00's. Lebron is closer though.

At the end of the day, we are seeing the most special player since Shaq days...

DirkNowitzki41
06-20-2016, 01:35 AM
MJ couldnt even DREAM of doing what LeBron just did.

Series woulda been over in 5 if MJ was here instead of Bron.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2016, 01:37 AM
I disagree.. its real at this point.

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 01:40 AM

:biggums:

FKAri
06-20-2016, 01:41 AM
Collecting more accolades won't help Lebron. More performances like this one will tho. I still think the gap between them in scoring is too large for Lebron to overcome with his rebounding/passing/help defense/blocks etc. Lebron had a real chance if he had somehow developed that post game everyone was talking about in Miami.

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 01:56 AM
Collecting more accolades won't help Lebron. More performances like this one will tho. I still think the gap between them in scoring is too large for Lebron to overcome with his rebounding/passing/help defense/blocks etc. Lebron had a real chance if he had somehow developed that post game everyone was talking about in Miami.

I feel the performances are what slighlty matter more now IMO along with the accolades. Jordan is still the GOAT playoff and Finals performer, and he never had performances like Bron's '07 or '11 Finals. Bron shooting 35% with 5 turnovers vs the Celtics in '08, him looking bad the 1st 5 games vs the Spurs, the 1st 4 games in this series, you just don't forget stuff like that. Also the competition out East.

Dray n Klay
06-20-2016, 02:01 AM
I feel the performances are what slighlty matter more now IMO along with the accolades. Jordan is still the GOAT playoff and Finals performer, and he never had performances like Bron's '07 or '11 Finals. Bron shooting 35% with 5 turnovers vs the Celtics in '08, him looking bad the 1st 5 games vs the Spurs, the 1st 4 games in this series, you just don't forget stuff like that. Also the competition out East.

But what about 1-9?

Prime_Shaq
06-20-2016, 02:02 AM

Yup Cavs with MJ would've won in 5.

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 02:02 AM
Yup Cavs with MJ would've won in 5.

:applause:

Segatti
06-20-2016, 02:04 AM
:applause:

You're literally retarded if you think that :lol

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 02:08 AM

Maybe not in 5, but I do believe MJ would have won this series for the Cavs as well if he was in Lebron's place.

kamil
06-20-2016, 02:09 AM
6/6 > 3/7

Why is ANYONE trying to debate that?

LeBird
06-20-2016, 02:10 AM
THIS

Lebron is an alltime absolute legend and was before these finals, but if you really want to compare him to the GOAT; 2011 is eventually going to get brought up.

So? Bring up all the times Jordan couldn't even get his team to the playoffs.

Lebron is better than Jordan. The only thing left for Jordan is mystique and myths. As a player this was always obvious. Jordan is top 2 (with Wilt) in terms of scoring and better than others by a distance. In every other facet Lebron is the better player - and he's not even that far behind Jordan scoring-wise either.

Prime_Shaq
06-20-2016, 02:12 AM
You're retarded if you think MJ in the place of LeBron would lose to GSW in 5.

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:13 AM
So? Bring up all the times Jordan couldn't even get his team to the playoffs.

Lebron is better than Jordan. The only thing left for Jordan is mystique and myths. As a player this was always obvious. Jordan is top 2 (with Wilt) in terms of scoring and better than others by a distance. In every other facet Lebron is the better player - and he's not even that far behind Jordan scoring-wise either.

:roll:

Isn't this Pauk's alt?

tmacattack33
06-20-2016, 02:18 AM
he's 3-7. he's had seven tries and three sucesses. he's alone in this record

LOL what?

1. Getting to the Finals is better than not making it at all

2/6 was a meme and nothing more

If you really want to do it some type of mathematical way, the real way is Finals Wins/Years Played. Lebron was 2/13. He's now 3/14. Shaq was around 4/15. Duncan is around 5/17. KG was around 1/15. Malone was 0/15 or whatever. Melo is 0/14. Etc.

2. He's alone in that record? What "record"? He's now 40% in the Finals...im pretty sure there are many players who are 0%

Relinquish
06-20-2016, 02:35 AM
:biggums:

He's right. MJ woulda quit on his team again.

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:38 AM
He's right. MJ woulda quit on his team again.

:coleman:

J Shuttlesworth
06-20-2016, 02:39 AM
DON'T
EVEN
CARE

WE TOP 3 BABY

MJ
Kareem
LeBron

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

NumberSix
06-20-2016, 02:47 AM
6/6 > 3/7

Why is ANYONE trying to debate that?
Why are you only counting the years that they were in the finals? What sense does that make?

3ball
06-20-2016, 02:51 AM
Why are you only counting the years that they were in the finals? What sense does that make?

Jordan's championship frequency is 6/15 compared to 3/12 for Lebron.

Jordan's 6/15 championship frequency (40%) is GOAT in the modern era (post 1960's).

LeBird
06-20-2016, 02:54 AM

:cheers:

Jordan is 6/15. Lebron is 7/13.

plowking
06-20-2016, 02:55 AM

He can't think for himself. He sticks to memes and other internet bullshit to justify his hate.

Bron has 3 rings. Out of how many times is not important. The only reason it is important is to further state his dominance on the game. 6 finals in a row is crazy. Won half of them too.

3ball
06-20-2016, 02:56 AM
:cheers:

Jordan is 6/15. Lebron is 7/13.
oh wait... this is lebron's 13th season?

so Jordan's championship frequency is 6/15 (goat frequency), while Lebron's is a paltry 3/13?

Lebron is nowhere near Jordan :shouldershrug:

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 02:59 AM
oh wait... this is lebron's 13th season?

so Jordan's championship frequency is 6/15 (goat frequency), while Lebron's is a paltry 3/13?

Lebron is nowhere near Jordan :shouldershrug:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZGUxQZFIyz6eY/giphy.gif

3ball
06-20-2016, 03:24 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZGUxQZFIyz6eY/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/wMmq6cI9myaDS/giphy.gif

Jordan's playoff and Finals stats are much better than Lebron's - look it up - Jordan scored far more with better efficiency, while only getting 1 less assist..

And would Lebron have the tiny assist edge if he was required to lead his team in scoring for every playoff series of his career by an average 15 ppg (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406920) like Jordan did?... Obviously not - Lebron has many series where he wasn't the team's leading scorer (even an entire playoff run).. Furthermore, NO all-time great led his team in scoring for every playoff series of their career, let alone by 15 ppg like Jordan (let that sink in).

Specifically, Jordan scored 5.5 more ppg with better efficiency, which is more valuable, requires more energy, and controls the game better than Lebron's 2.5 defensive rebound edge and 1.0 assist edge.. There's never been a #1 option that scored nearly 6 more points on better efficiency that wasn't considered the FAR better player.. :confusedshrug:

Btw, in addition to Jordan's goat scoring load, he also led his team in passing, just like Lebron - Jordan led the Bulls in assist percentage for both 3-peats (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11713121&postcount=49), so he assisted on the highest proportion of teammate field goals.. Ultimately, Jordan's goat scoring load, team-leading passing, and best-ever defense at his position is the goat performance and biggest load ever carried.