PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen 3 Game 6 2013 finals vs Kyrie Irving 3 Game 7 2016 Finals

coined
06-20-2016, 02:13 AM
Which one bigger? more clutch?

Doranku
06-20-2016, 02:14 AM
Kyrie. Kyrie.

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2016, 02:15 AM
Allen's literally saved the season, but Kyrie's was insane, arguably the second biggest Finals shot since Jordan's GW in '98. It'd be up there with Horry's 3 in '05 and Artest's in '10,

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:16 AM
Allen's shot saved Miami from getting eliminated. The Cavs still have a chance if Kyrie misses.

Ben Simmons
06-20-2016, 02:16 AM
Ray Allen misses and the game is over. Cavs were tied when Kyrie took that shot.

JebronLames
06-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Meltdown!!! Yesss

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Allen's literally saved the season, but Kyrie's was insane, arguably the second biggest Finals shot since Jordan's GW in '98. It'd be up there with Horry's 3 in '05 and Artest's in '10,

Those are all huge... if you rank them, in greatness/importance/magnitude

1) Allen '13
2) Irving '16
3) Horry '05
4) Artest '10

MJ was the only one who had a game 7 to rely on, who didnt face elimination (Horry faced down 2-3). Its different. Also the only non-three.

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:19 AM

Ray Allen hit a 3 on the very next possession? Idk why people say this like the shot won them the game.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2016, 02:21 AM
Ray Allen hit a 3 on the very next possession? Idk why people say this like the shot won them the game.

I think it was Rondo actually? Huge shot either way.. but, not that final tier... still a good minute and a half left, and near lead change afterwards, with team responding and getting 1-2 more cracks at it... just a huge clutch shot. Shot of the game. But not an all timer (well, not like the others).

WayOfWad3
06-20-2016, 02:23 AM
I'd say Ray Allen's shot, watching that video even today still gives me the chills. As one poster said before though, had Kyrie missed, Cleveland still had plenty of time to win the game. That being said though, the circumstances make Irving's shot much more impactful seeing as it came against the Warriors, in a game 7, on the road, against (what many people had proclaimed) the greatest team of all-time not to mention against the b2b MVP while carrying the weight of an entire city's curse in that shot.
Both are incredible and I am very privileged to have watched both live.
tldr, Allen's was more important to the series, Kyrie's was more important in NBA history

dbugz
06-20-2016, 02:24 AM
-Kyrie in front of the unanimous MVP :oldlol:
-front of the opponent bench
-and in the opponents homecourt

:bowdown:

RayRay shot came from a lucky bounce while Kyrie's shake and bake stepanie and then pull a jump shot. :bowdown:

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:33 AM
I think it was Rondo actually? Huge shot either way.. but, not that final tier... still a good minute and a half left, and near lead change afterwards, with team responding and getting 1-2 more cracks at it... just a huge clutch shot. Shot of the game. But not an all timer (well, not like the others).

Allen hit the 3 with 51 seconds left. I don't remember the next possession but 1 stop and the Celtics could've tied the game on the next possession.

Gougou
06-20-2016, 03:00 AM
1. Allen - If he missed, its all over for the Heat, this gave Heat the oppertunity to win championship.

2. Kyrie - Even if he missed, Cleveland still can find a way to win the championship but its going to be hard.

3. Robert - That three cut off Piston two peat, gave the Spur huge lead to win championship, despite the fact the series was just 2-2, this is not clutch compare to the other two.

tmacattack33
06-20-2016, 03:01 AM
Those are all huge... if you rank them, in greatness/importance/magnitude

1) Allen '13
2) Irving '16
3) Horry '05
4) Artest '10

MJ was the only one who had a game 7 to rely on, who didnt face elimination (Horry faced down 2-3). Its different. Also the only non-three.

Man, how u gonna have a list like that and not have Lebron's shot over Parker in Game 7 vs the Spurs?

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2016, 03:13 AM
Man, how u gonna have a list like that and not have Lebron's shot over Parker in Game 7 vs the Spurs?

It would be at the bottom you know that? But it was a 2 and I concentrated on 3's anyway

dreamwarrior
06-20-2016, 03:15 AM
Allens shot was amazing, but Kyries was so cold blooded. I said they need to take a 3 to nail the dagger in the coffin, make or miss, but that's like something you say they should do and then that team never does what you say, but he f'n shot it and nailed it.