PDA

View Full Version : Something not being discussed much: Curry's passing vision

tmacattack33
06-20-2016, 10:49 AM
So scoring usually dominates the discussion, so everyone is discussing Steph's scoring drop.

But, as a person who does not watch regular season ball (and only watched maybe 5 Golden State playoff games, besides last years Finals previously), I am wondering what happened to his vision?

Previously I was of the opinion that his vision is in the second tier (first tier = CP3/Rondo/Lebron/Rubio).

He certainly did not look like that in this year's Finals though.

How do you view Curry as a passer? Top 10? Top 20?

aj1987
06-20-2016, 10:51 AM
So scoring usually dominates the discussion, so everyone is discussing Steph's scoring drop.

But, as a person who does not watch regular season ball (and only watched maybe 5 Golden State playoff games, besides last years Finals previously), I am wondering what happened to his vision?

Previously I was of the opinion that his vision is in the second tier, right behind CP3/Rondo/Lebron/Rubio.

He's a good passer. Top 10 or 20 would be his ranking in the current league. Not all time.

Prime_Shaq
06-20-2016, 11:08 AM
He actually has decent vision, the season before Green developed and became the primary playmaker Curry averaged about 8.5 APG. However as his shooting went to a legendary level his passing has dipped significantly. Oh yeah and he fked up in the Finals.

J Shuttlesworth
06-20-2016, 11:08 AM
26 assists
30 turnovers

Young X
06-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Good but not great. He's flashy but sometimes all you need to do is make the simple play and hit your man in rhythm. You don't always need to show off.

I remember when people were calling him a great passer and putting him up the with the elites of the game today and it's disrespectful. He's not on that kinda level.

To tell you the truth...he's lucky this Warriors team is so well put together. Along with all the great defenders they have, they also have a bunch of playmakers that can take the pressure off of him. Imagine if he was the only playmaker on this team how many turnovers he would average.

tmacattack33
06-20-2016, 11:37 AM
Good but not great. He's flashy but sometimes all you need to do is make the simple play and hit your man in rhythm. You don't always need to show off.

I remember when people were calling him a great passer and putting him up the with the elites of the game today and it's disrespectful. He's not on that kinda level.

To tell you the truth...he's lucky this Warriors team is so well put together. Along with all the great defenders they have, they also have a bunch of playmakers that can take the pressure off of him. Imagine if he was the only playmaker on this team how many turnovers he would average.

Yes, Igoudala and Green would both probably be in that top 20 passers list as well.

So this team had 3 good passers and is almost reminiscent of the Webber-Divac-Bibby-Hedo Turgolu Kings. Yet at the end of Game 7 they went into one on one isolation mode. Bad move.

tamaraw08
06-20-2016, 11:57 AM

Previously I was of the opinion that his vision is in the second tier (first tier = CP3/Rondo/Lebron/Rubio).

I don't think that he has bad vision but he lack passing accuracy. He can see open teammates but at times his passes are weak and/or easy do deflect and not on target. The behind the back pass to Thompson in the crucial 4th quarter was abysmal. :facepalm
Heck Marcelo Huertas has most passing accuracy/arm strength than Curry.

tamaraw08
06-20-2016, 11:58 AM
26 assists
30 turnovers

Is this accurate? OMG, and some are proclaiming him to be the GOAT PG. :eek:

chosen_one6
06-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Curry spends more time doing dribbling drills and shooting drills rather than passing. He's a scoring PG, obviously. And yeah he's flashy and he makes amazing shots but he plays off the ball more than a true PG really would.