PDA

View Full Version : Irving vs. Wall REVISITED

Dr. Ice
06-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Who you got?

I'd still roll with Wall any day.

I know alot of people are going to live in the moment, but still, think carefully before you answer.

Uncle Drew
06-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Kyrie has more championships than the entire Atlanta Hawks franchise.

Klay 3D
Wall? The nonchalant dude?

I go for the baby face assassinater

ralph_i_el
I'm a wizards fan and I've been on the Wall side since day 1, but Irving's performance in the finals casts that into doubt for me.

He played really well off of LeBron, and definitely is a better second-scoring option off a primary ball-handler.

However, I'd still take Wall as the primary ball-handler alongside an elite off-ball scorer. I'd take Wall and Durant, or Wall and any good shooter for that matter.

imdaman99
06-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Lol I dunno, they are different type of PGs. Kyrie is clearly a better scorer, Wall a better distributor. Kyrie has the clutch gene while Wall is missing it. Dude has not played well in the playoffs, and he's been there enough.

Kyrie is a SG in a PG's body. And that works in this day and age, especially because he has Lebron on his team.

Even Kyrie's defense was pretty good after the first 2 games. Gotta go with the guy on top right now even though for the Knicks, I'd love to team Wall up with KP for the next 10 yrs.

Wally450
06-20-2016, 12:54 PM
People have always shit on Kyrie compared to Wall because he can be a black hole on offense, not a playmaker, doesn't play defense. When the dude is locked in, he's up there with the best in the league.

Plus, people tried to rash me when I said I'd take Kyrie over Wall years back.

kamil
06-20-2016, 12:56 PM
I'd take Kyrie but watching Wall is a lot more fun, dude's got that 90s style of play.

Fire Colangelo
06-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Irving is much suited for the playoffs, if his playoff run this year didn't convince you I don't know what will.

You think Wall can but that contested 3 over Curry to seal the deal? No way.

You think Wall can outplay Curry in a series? No way.

Dr. Ice
06-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Bunp

TAZORAC
06-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Irving, but only because he shoots the 3 better, Wall is the better distributor.

KingBeasley08
06-20-2016, 05:56 PM
bruh I'm a Wiz fan but Kyrie is better

Relinquish
06-20-2016, 06:07 PM
As the leader of a team? Wall, no doubt. As a second option? Irving, with an equal lack of doubt.

Relinquish
06-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Irving is much suited for the playoffs, if his playoff run this year didn't convince you I don't know what will.

You think Wall can but that contested 3 over Curry to seal the deal? No way.

You think Wall can outplay Curry in a series? No way.

:biggums:

Of course he can

leMVP
06-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Wall is a better system player, if Wall plays for SAS he would boost them, But Irving is made for the playoffs, Where He can impose his offense on any defense.

But Both still have ways to go i think.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Wall is a better system player, if Wall plays for SAS he would boost them, But Irving is made for the playoffs, Where He can impose his offense on any defense.

But Both still have ways to go i think.
In SAS and under Pop, Kyrie would be a rich man's Tony Parker. Their games are actually fairly similar.

It wasn't just his Finals performance, guys. He just had an incredible playoff run, all the way through. And he ended it by taking Curry's lunch all series long. He didn't just outplay him, he physically dominated him. Kyrie just put his name in the hat of best guards in the league. Call him a point guard, combo, SG or whatever...

He is a beast. And he just turned 24. Scary good.

Graviton
06-20-2016, 06:34 PM
In SAS and under Pop, Kyrie would be a rich man's Tony Parker. Their games are actually fairly similar.

It wasn't just his Finals performance, guys. He just had an incredible playoff run, all the way through. And he ended it by taking Curry's lunch all series long. He didn't just outplay him, he physically dominated him. Kyrie just put his name in the hat of best guards in the league. Call him a point guard, combo, SG or whatever...

He is a beast. And he just turned 24. Scary good.
Kind of funny Kyrie got a ring before Durant, Westbrook, CP3 and bunch of other veteran all-stars. He matured much faster.

He is 24 but already a closer. His game reminds me a little of 2012 Rose, got that change of direction and fancy layups, ball handling is even better, with an actual jumper on top of it.

Smoke117
06-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Wall.

moongaze
06-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Who you got?

I'd still roll with Wall any day.

I know alot of people are going to live in the moment, but still, think carefully before you answer.

:oldlol: Kyrie really is most underrated player in basketball. It's funny to see people continue to put points guards he's outplayed and are better than above him

It's even more funny when he hits championship winning shots on them or drops 55 points and the game winner on them.

KiiiiNG
06-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Honestly, Wall isn't capable of doing what Irving did in the finals...

I've seen Wall under pressure... and the guy crumbles

Irving was a man possessed in the finals. Hit so many timely buckets.. was responsible for ceasing GS's momentum on numerous occasions in game 7...

Safe to say he's the best ball handler AND finisher at the PG position. Not to mention he can SHOOT from anywhere. Rolling with Irving all day.

Not much more he has to prove really. He has already done more at age 24 than most players will ever do. :applause:

Asukal
06-20-2016, 07:45 PM
It's unbelievable how the media svcks bran's d1ck and gives zero recognition to Kyrie's heroics. :facepalm
All I hear and read now is how great bran is that he won a ring for Cleveland. Some writers even wrote bran is now the greatest of all time. :roll:
It's cool to be prisoners of the moment and I'm happy for Cleveland now as it ended its history of losing, but give credit where credit is due. True definition of media hyped superstar. :whatever:

KiiiiNG
06-20-2016, 07:48 PM
It's unbelievable how the media svcks bran's d1ck and gives zero recognition to Kyrie's heroics. :facepalm
All I hear and read now is how great bran is that he won a ring for Cleveland. Some writers even wrote bran is now the greatest of all time. :roll:
It's cool to be prisoners of the moment and I'm happy for Cleveland now as it ended its history of losing, but give credit where credit is due. True definition of media hyped superstar. :whatever:
It was a two-man effort no doubt. It's just LeBron was doing EVERYTHING, while Irving was mostly just scoring... not that Irving wasn't playing good defense... but LeBron was on a different level with defense and play-making to go along with 30ppg on insane efficiency.

Media hyped superstar... lol. Yeah dude... right

Relinquish
06-20-2016, 07:54 PM

Bran basically averaged a 30 point triple double for the series. Kyrie had a great series outside of the 1st two games where we was fking awful, however, his play still paled in comparison to Bran's.

Asukal
06-20-2016, 08:00 PM
It was a two-man effort no doubt. It's just LeBron was doing EVERYTHING, while Irving was mostly just scoring... not that Irving wasn't playing good defense... but LeBron was on a different level with defense and play-making to go along with 30ppg on insane efficiency.

Media hyped superstar... lol. Yeah dude... right

Yes he is. If he lost this year's finals he'd be 2/7 and you guys will go back to hibernation. He won 3/7 and suddenly he is the GOAT? LOLOLOLOLOL! :hammerhead:

lilteapot
06-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Kyrie because he's proven.

Although IDK, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Wall is a monster.

Asukal
06-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Bran basically averaged a 30 point triple double for the series. Kyrie had a great series outside of the 1st two games where we was fking awful, however, his play still paled in comparison to Bran's.

The only game Kyrie was awful at is game 2. :hammerhead:

Paled in comparison? Sure, when you only look at stats. I wonder if you even watched the games without your bronbron glasses on. :oldlol:

houston
06-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Wall the better player. Better playmaker,Better defender, and can actually lead a team to the playoffs while Kyrie can't.