PDA

View Full Version : D-Wade addresses '06 Finals controversy on IG

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:20 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG4pbnolCCa/?taken-by=dwyanewade

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1121/nba_g_wade_600.jpg

There's alot of coverage on the 2006 NBA Finals right now...One because it was the most controversial finals to date and today makes exactly 10 years to the date we won our first ever title as an organization and me as a player. It was one of the greatest moments in my life and probably one of the worst for the Dallas Mavericks. That's sports... we've all had our moments to feel both ways. Now what I'm reading about the series is unfair to me as a basketball player. Did I get some calls that I could have played through YES. We all do...but was I attacking every time I touch the ball...YES. This picture is an example of a play in game 5 that everyone said I didn't get fouled on. Listen most athlete have never committed a foul but D Harris my guy...this is a foul haa. All in all we did find a way to beat a team that was a much better team then us that season...but they got their payback in 2011 as a franchise so in my mind it's a wash..but iam proud to take a look back at these moments and say I had a hand in us winning our first ever championship. #2006

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2016, 02:22 PM
reasonable as hell didnt expect that, props d-wade

still rigged though

Ben Simmons
06-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Wasnt rigged. If it was why did the refs give Dirk a chance to choke on some free throws?

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Wasnt rigged. If it was why did the refs give Dirk a chance to choke on some free throws?

Why let Miami go down 0-2 and 13 with 6:30 left in Game 3?

HylianNightmare
06-20-2016, 02:32 PM
Flash

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 02:48 PM
still rigged though

:oldlol:

So rigged they let Miami go down 0-2 and down 13 with 6:30 left in Game 3.

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Wade always keeps it real, respect.

1Time4YourMind
06-20-2016, 03:23 PM
If you're gonna drive to the rim and attack the basket, you're gonna get calls. Combine that with NBA refs still adjusting to the new rule changes, Wade's skillset and you have the perfect storm in place which was the '06 Finals.

kamil
06-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Rigged just like the series between Kings and Lakers back in 2001.

LikeABosh
06-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Funny how people cry about it being rigged yet only come up with a few phantom calls out of all the fouls Wade drew. Nobody on that Mavs team could check Wade and he got to the basket AT WILL.

derb2k2
06-20-2016, 03:28 PM
:applause: :applause:

DWYANE " LEGEND " WADE

Wade's Rings
06-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Funny how people cry about it being rigged yet only come up with a few phantom calls out of all the fouls Wade drew. Nobody on that Mavs team could check Wade and he got to the basket AT WILL.

Mavs and Dirk fans are even worse complaining about Free Throws considering all the FTs Dirk was shooting and he never attacked the basket like Wade did.

DoctorP
06-20-2016, 04:15 PM
I agree with Wade here.

I've analyzed the game and calls several times. Wade was going full speed and was beating people into position every time.

ScalsFan21
06-20-2016, 04:19 PM
Mavs and Dirk fans are even worse complaining about Free Throws considering all the FTs Dirk was shooting and he never attacked the basket like Wade did.

And despite how incredible he was from the line, that huge missed free throw in Game 3 by Dirk was quite possibly the biggest turning point of that series.

Wade was a monster that series no matter what anyone wants to say. Incredible.

DMAVS41
06-20-2016, 04:49 PM
And despite how incredible he was from the line, that huge missed free throw in Game 3 by Dirk was quite possibly the biggest turning point of that series.

Wade was a monster that series no matter what anyone wants to say. Incredible.

That ft was just to potentially send it to OT. The Mavs would have had to survive a Heat buzzer beater and OT to win that game. Of course it was a big miss, but it's not like the Mavs win for sure if he makes it.

That series was not rigged. It was simply a combination of terrible reffing, stupid and extreme rules on the perimeter, Wade being an all time great, Avery Johnson being a bad head coach, and most importantly...an overachieving Mavs team crashing back to reality against a great team.

Also, the actually turning point of that series was when Stackhouse got suspended. I'd bet a large amount of money that the Mavs win game 5 with him. Losing him was huge. He was playing around 30 minutes a game in that series.

Also, the Mavs mentally fell apart after game 5...that isn't on anyone but them. I can't imagine how frustrating that game that suspension plus that absurdity that was game 5 was for them, but they came back to Dallas done. Championship teams don't come back home done...

So, no, it wasn't rigged and Wade deserves loads of credit for being all time great. The truth is in the middle...terrible reffing...especially in the deciding game 5...stupid rules...which the NBA has fixed in many ways...a silly suspension....and a mentally done team coming back home.

STATUTORY
06-20-2016, 04:51 PM
That ft was just to potentially send it to OT. The Mavs would have had to survive a Heat buzzer beater and OT to win that game. Of course it was a big miss, but it's not like the Mavs win for sure if he makes it.

That series was not rigged. It was simply a combination of terrible reffing, stupid and extreme rules on the perimeter, Wade being an all time great, Avery Johnson being a bad head coach, and most importantly...an overachieving Mavs team crashing back to reality against a great team.

Also, the actually turning point of that series was when Stackhouse got suspended. I'd bet a large amount of money that the Mavs win game 5 with him. Losing him was huge. He was playing around 30 minutes a game in that series.

Also, the Mavs mentally fell apart after game 5...that isn't on anyone but them. I can't imagine how frustrating that game that suspension plus that absurdity that was game 5 was for them, but they came back to Dallas done. Championship teams don't come back home done...

So, no, it wasn't rigged and Wade deserves loads of credit for being all time great. The truth is in the middle...terrible reffing...especially in the deciding game 5...stupid rules...which the NBA has fixed in many ways...a silly suspension....and a mentally done team coming back home.
Interesting, vaguely reminiscent of the series we just saw

Stringer Bell
06-20-2016, 05:50 PM
ESPN just had an article on this. Good read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16231005/oral-history-2006-nba-finals

DMAVS41
06-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Interesting, vaguely reminiscent of the series we just saw

Like JVG always says..."dumb gets you beat"

I'd bet everything I own that both the Warriors in 16 and Mavs in 06 would be champs if Green/Stack didn't miss those games.

BlkMambaGOAT
06-20-2016, 06:09 PM
3rd GOAT SG spitting the truth :applause: :applause:

He could've 4-peated if he had a better supporting cast.

Dro
06-20-2016, 06:10 PM
Rigged just like the series between Kings and Lakers back in 2001.
02 and it wasn't rigged...

Wade's Rings
06-22-2016, 05:55 PM
ESPN just had an article on this. Good read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16231005/oral-history-2006-nba-finals

Very great read. They should do this for the 2011 Finals as well.

ArbitraryWater
06-22-2016, 06:05 PM
02 and it wasn't rigged...

dafuq?

Wade's Rings
06-22-2016, 06:18 PM
dafuq?

:oldlol: @ this guy trying to troll.

Stringer Bell
06-26-2016, 10:14 PM
Very great read. They should do this for the 2011 Finals as well.

Those Oral Histories are usually good to read. You can find them for the 93' Finals, 94' Finals, 02' WCF, 06' Finals...eventually they'll probably have one for the 11' Finals, as well as 13' and 16'.

GINOBILI!
06-26-2016, 11:51 PM
iam proud to take a look back at these moments and say I had a hand in us winning our first ever championship.

Even Wade knows he was only the sidekick to the refs. :bowdown: