PDA

View Full Version : 01 Lakers vs other all time great teams.

NBAGOAT
06-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Which versions of the Bulls, 80's Celtics, and Showtime do the 01 Lakers beat. Obviously, I only mean the championship versions.

NBAGOAT
06-20-2016, 06:47 PM
desperation bump

Young X
06-20-2016, 06:57 PM
It's hard for me to rank them because of their non-dominant regular season. It's more impressive to keep up that dominance over 82 games + the playoffs.

They probably peaked higher than any team ever but how much of that is getting hot at the right time? Would they be able to dominate the league like that from start to finish?

NBAGOAT
06-20-2016, 07:05 PM
It's hard for me to rank them because of their non-dominant regular season. It's more impressive to keep up that dominance over 82 games + the playoffs.

They probably peaked higher than any team ever but how much of that is getting hot at the right time? Would they be able to dominate the league like that from start to finish?

I agree they got hot but think some of the non-dominant regular season to not going all out and Shaq and Kobe both missing games. You see that a lot from teams who have just won a title. Part of it's also the competition not being that great(Kings had Williams instead of Bibby Spurs were really a 2 man team with Duncan/Drob). I think they still match up well with a lot of all time great teams since shaq/kobe is just formidable as a duo. Harder for the Celtics and Lakers to decide but for the Bulls, I think they could beat around half the Bulls championship teams.

Young X
06-20-2016, 07:11 PM
I agree they got hot but think some of the non-dominant regular season to not going all out and Shaq and Kobe both missing games. You see that a lot from teams who have just won a title. Part of it's also the competition not being that great(Kings had Williams instead of Bibby Spurs were really a 2 man team with Duncan/Drob). I think they still match up well with a lot of all time great teams since shaq/kobe is just formidable as a duo. Harder for the Celtics and Lakers to decide but for the Bulls, I think they could beat around half the Bulls championship teams.Yeah plus people don't even bring up that they won their last 8 games in the regular season. So they were 23-1 to close the season.

I don't know it's just hard for me to put them up there with the Bulls and Celtics and teams like that that dominated the entire season.

NBAGOAT
06-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah plus people don't even bring up that they won their last 8 games. So they were 23-1 to close the season.

I don't know it's just hard for me to put them up there with the Bulls and Celtics and teams like that that dominated the entire season.

oh I get it if we're talking about 86 or 96. Wondering more how they compare maybe to the 84 Celtics or maybe the 92 Bulls.