PDA

View Full Version : What should Lebron add to his game?

lilteapot
06-20-2016, 07:59 PM
If I were him I'd be in the gym all summer practicing his shooting. But who knows he probably already does that.

I'd also work on my footwork and post game.

That's really all he needs to do, but it's important for him to do that IMO in order to add even more longevity to his game.

I think he will focus more on the defensive end this year, in the hopes that he'll get a DPOY trophy.

NBAGOAT
06-20-2016, 08:05 PM
he's never going have DPOY level impact anymore. Just not worth it giving that much effort in the regular season especially since he's past 30. Agreed on the other stuff however.

ScalsFan21
06-20-2016, 08:09 PM
If I were him I'd be in the gym all summer practicing his shooting. But who knows he probably already does that.

I'd also work on my footwork and post game.

That's really all he needs to do, but it's important for him to do that IMO in order to add even more longevity to his game.

I think he will focus more on the defensive end this year, in the hopes that he'll get a DPOY trophy.

Yeah, shooting and the ability to abuse more in the post. If he could do those two things at a better rate I don't see how any team could ever even contain a LeBron-led team. If over the course of the next two or so years (while he still has somewhat prime athleticism) he's able to take any real strides in those areas, good luck. Just good luck.

I don't think Bron has any interest in giving consistent effort on the defensive end in the RS ever again. I know he feels like he deserved DPOY (and arguably he did the year he finished #2 behind Gasol) but he strategically takes plenty of plays semi-off every game in the regular season and even in the postseason.

He will never win another regular season MVP, and he will never win Defensive Player of the Year. The closest he'll get to a non-FMVP/ring award again will be All-NBA first team. And that's just fine with me because his energy conservation maximizes his championship potential.

3ball
06-20-2016, 08:16 PM
A jumpshot - his career 3-point percentage in the playoffs is 32.1%, and he shot less than 40% from midrange in 10 of 13 seasons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389794&postcount=17), including 13/52 (24%) on 2-point jumpshots in the 2016 Finals.

The reality is that Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and Butler ALL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389778&postcount=41) have sub-par 3-point and midrange efficiency, but they're still top scorers because today's spacing and hands-off defense allows good athletes easier access to the rim.

MJ's athleticism would benefit the same way, except he had better midrange shooting than Steph Curry (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12438405&postcount=31), which gives him a massive advantage over non-shooters Lebron, Westbrick and company.

Tmuston Beltics
06-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Needs to work on his mental strength - which in my opinion led to so many turnovers throughout the season.

inclinerator
06-20-2016, 08:22 PM
the hook shot,

Im Still Ballin
06-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Just keep working on bringing that Jumper back to that Miami days level

We saw what a difference it made in the finals

The stats show, he shot 44% on the midrange shots that were given to him

And a 37% from 3

If he can get those Miami numbers shooting back... He's unstoppable

raprap
06-20-2016, 08:24 PM
Full time move to the pf position.

Trade Love for Crowder+Bradley

livingby3's
06-20-2016, 08:44 PM
He is a jumpshot away. A player his caliber (arguably best player in the world) should be able to see by now what defenses are giving him. I mean JKidd did get his shot late into his career, I dont see why LeBron cant

bigkingsfan
06-20-2016, 08:47 PM
A bigger trophy case.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2016, 08:59 PM
He's eventually going to come to the realization that, as he ages, he's going to have to commit to being a 4 full-time. And, I actually think he can remain a dominant player well into his mid-to-late 30s as a PF.

He already has the size and strength. I'd like to see him add a more consistent spot-up 16-footer and maybe one or two more counters to his beloved 5-10 foot fall-away baseline jumper that has almost become a signature shot for LeBron. He's very good at it, but the best teams defend it well. It still goes in much of the time, but with more time spent on the block and less on the perimeter, he just needs a little more variety.

Outside of little things like that, I don't see him changing a whole lot. When he stepped into the league, what made LeBron so great was his combination of size, speed and vision. Now, it's his size, strength and vision with the occasional explosion in his tank when he needs it.

I think he'll maintain that for the foreseeable future.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2016, 09:02 PM
Full time move to the pf position.

Trade Love for Crowder+Bradley
That's really the thing. I don't want to trade Love just to trade him, because I think in matchups other than against Golden State, he could be hugely important (OKC or SAS, for example). But, I just don't see a scenario in which LeBron doesn't eventually move to the 4 full-time.

Crowder and Bradley seems like a good return for Love, but part of me also worries that Brad Stevens will have him beasting out and it will somehow come back to haunt us.

Kevin Love was an Olympic level player a few years ago. It's easy to forget, but in the right system, he could be a major headache.