PDA

View Full Version : So, it's offical now? Was Curry ever the best player?

Micku
06-20-2016, 10:36 PM
While Curry destroyed in the regular season, in the playoffs there were times were it just showed his flaws.

He is greatest shooter of all time and does it consistently enough that many people ignore some of the flaws? Like he isn't a great defender, but a solid one. But he couldn't defend Westbrook or Kyrie one on one.

While he is a good passer, he doesn't exactly set up the offense or control the pace like Chris Paul, Rondo, or even LeBron. Not to mention guys like Stockton or Magic. He operates on a system, which works extremely well. In fact, Curry works better off the ball than bringing him up the court to initiate the offense.

I started to rethink whatever or not Curry was the best player after watching the Thunder series. Westbrook was great. Durant was scoring even though his hot was off as well, but they did other things. Durant's defense on Green was great. Westbrook was every where. And what about Curry?

Granted, he may have been fighting over injuries. And that's understandable. But didn't he was healthy and didn't need surgery? Try to think back at all time greats who got injured in the playoffs or right before and kept fighting.

Kevin Mchale on a broken foot averaged 21.1/9.2 on 58.4%. Michael Jordan messed up his ankle in 1991 before the Finals and averaged 31.2/6.6/11.4 on 55.8%.

Granted, we don't know how bad Curry's injury is and if he needs surgery or not.

Edit:

Ooh. I posted this thread prematurely. I didn't finish posting all of my thoughts and it turns to find out that Curry does need surgery?

Lebronxrings
06-20-2016, 10:36 PM
no

plowking
06-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Yes. He was the best player at one point.

And SAS just reported he will be getting surgery on the knee despite what he said in the post game presser.

Micku
06-20-2016, 11:29 PM
I can't believe Curry also had more turnovers than assists in the finals.

Since he was hurt, I would figure he would set up his teammates more. It just amazing how Curry sucky his play was in the finals.

plowking
06-20-2016, 11:45 PM
Yeah SAS mentioned it, and it goes in line with his decisions for the offseason anyway. I thin just after the Thunder win, or maybe the 1st game of the finals he mentioned he won't be going to the Olympics.

Sounds like a guy going in for surgery. If he wasn't getting it, he could at the very least go and play limited minutes. Seems like something a guy going to his first Olympics would want.

I'm not sure what is valued more over there, but I'm sure there are a lot of players who would want to bring gold back for their country as much as they would an NBA championship.