06-21-2016, 12:41 PM
Feel bad for Carmelo man, always drawing the short straws

ShawkFactory
06-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Feel bad for Carmelo man, always drawing the short straws
:biggums:

LebronsHairline
06-21-2016, 12:52 PM
I hate lebron, but he's not a selfish player like Melo.

Meticode
06-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Why would you feel bad for Carmelo? He hasn't drawn any straws. He's in this position because he wanted it. He demanded to be traded from the Nuggets to the Knicks. The Nuggets granted his wish. Once he came Amar'e Stoudemire's MVP numbers went out the door. Then free agency came. Chicago courted him, the Mavericks courted him, the Rockets courted him. But he chose to stay in New York and "trust in Phil" in the rebuilding process and take the money. Personally I think he chose to stay in New York because he loves living in the city too much, which is fine he can do that.

But no one has made him draw straws. He's in this position because of his own choices and demands.

red1
06-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Why would you feel bad for Carmelo? He hasn't drawn any straws. He's in this position because he wanted it. He demanded to be traded from the Nuggets to the Knicks. The Nuggets granted his wish. Once he came Amar'e Stoudemire's MVP numbers went out the door. Then free agency came. Chicago courted him, the Mavericks courted him, the Rockets courted him. But he chose to stay in New York and "trust in Phil" in the rebuilding process and take the money. Personally I think he chose to stay in New York because he loves living in the city too much, which is fine he can do that.

But no one has made him draw straws. He's in this position because of his own choices and demands.
Well said. I don't think Melo is as serious about basketball success/legacy as some of these other guys. And there's nothing wrong with that.

HurricaneKid
06-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Well said. I don't think Melo is as serious about basketball success/legacy as some of these other guys. And there's nothing wrong with that.

There is plenty wrong with that.

Right or wrong, sports celebs are our heroes. To eschew winning so he can build his brand and wallow in the lottery is an embarrassment. Is it his right to be that way? Of course. But it hardly engenders admiration. Which is why his brand is shit.

coined
06-21-2016, 01:25 PM
Carmelo been on many stacked teams, and kept failing. DPOY Camby, Iverson. And later Billups.All this with Jr Smith as 6th man on those teams.

I dont think any superstar wants to join Melo, they dont want same ending like Iverson & Amare.

miggyme1
06-21-2016, 01:26 PM

Right or wrong, sports celebs are our heroes. To eschew winning so he can build his brand and wallow in the lottery is an embarrassment. Is it his right to be that way? Of course. But it hardly engenders admiration. Which is why his brand is shit.

LMAO how old is this guy.....8???

There is nothing heroic about a guy playing basketball for millions of dollars a year. smh

Anybody looking at a sports figure as a hero over the age of 14 is literally stupid. Icon??? sure.....HERO????

IM DONE

imdaman99
06-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Well Melo never colluded with players in their prime, unfortunately.

JR and Shump both had their moments in game 7, proud of them doe :applause:

red1
06-21-2016, 01:32 PM

I see what you mean but at the same time I won't feel sorry for someone's "lack of success" ie lack of meaningful hardware when it seems that they don't prioritize it themselves. If melo really was about those chips then he would have made different moves in his career.

I felt bad for the spurs when they lost to the heat in 2013 and felt bad for bron when he lost in 2014 to the spurs because I could see how bad they all wanted it. Melo? Not so much. Does that make sense?

Kiddlovesnets
06-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Well Melo picked the Knicks, and got what he wanted.

HylianNightmare
06-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Come to Cleveland melo

LikeABosh
06-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Well Melo never colluded with players in their prime, unfortunately.

JR and Shump both had their moments in game 7, proud of them doe :applause:
He tried to form a big 3 with Amare (:oldlol: ) and Chris Paul on the Knicks, just failed spectacularly

Stringer Bell
06-21-2016, 02:00 PM

There is nothing heroic about a guy playing basketball for millions of dollars a year. smh

Anybody looking at a sports figure as a hero over the age of 14 is literally stupid. Icon??? sure.....HERO????

IM DONE

:lol

Not that I disagree with you, but there's lots of people here who really have man-love with players. Grown men who seem to actually hate a player, say LeBron or Kobe, because that guy is a "threat" to surpass the legacy of their hero.

Grow up and enjoy the sport.

Laz is like 67 years old (like Joe Louis when he fought Rocky Marciano) and defends Wilt like a 10 year old does his father.

Stringer Bell
06-21-2016, 02:06 PM

Well said.

There are some players though that I have some sympathy for because they have no titles. Elgin Baylor goes 0-8 in the Finals, retires due to a knee injury early in the 71-72 season, and then the Lakers set all kinds of records that year and win it all.

:(

STATUTORY
06-21-2016, 02:23 PM

there are people out there who consider cuckmelo a hero? :roll: :roll:

Mawly-G
06-21-2016, 02:24 PM
I hate lebron, but he's not a selfish player like Melo.
Funny thing is, people want LeBron to start being more selfish.

Sarcastic
06-21-2016, 02:36 PM
He's got $100+ million in the bank. He's more successful than any poster here, and about 95% of the rest of the NBA.

I guess the old question is applicable here: who would you rather be Charles Barkley or Robert Horry?

PejaNowitzki
06-21-2016, 02:38 PM
Carmelo is just a stats whore. Dude hasnt won anything, wont win anything, 10 years after he retires nobody will give a ****.

PejaNowitzki
06-21-2016, 02:39 PM
He's got $100+ million in the bank. He's more successful than any poster here, and about 95% of the rest of the NBA.

I guess the old question is applicable here: who would you rather be Charles Barkley or Robert Horry?

Carmelo wishes he was Charles Barkley.

r0drig0lac
06-21-2016, 03:09 PM

???

Nilocon165
06-21-2016, 03:11 PM
2 champions and a nikka with a headband

Straight_Ballin
06-21-2016, 03:38 PM

IM DONE

No shit. The guy has the best role model a kid could hope for (straight_ballin) right here on this site and he's looking up to NBA players. I should woop his dad's ass for not teaching him right just out of principle.

PP34Deuce
06-21-2016, 03:38 PM
I actually think melo cares a lot about winning. I believe he worries more about his body breaking down.

Lebron keeps taking one year deals to get that 200 Million dollar "thank you" deal from Cleveland. Lebron is durable and doesn't get hurt. He takes the chance that he will be healthy leading up to that huge pay day.

Melo is banged up and I believe he saw 126 million now was better than banking on his health and losing 40 million of that if he's a shell of himself. He took the money like Kevin love took the money - Scared of injury risk.

For that, I'm not upset with him. He made the decision along with his wife.

imdaman99
06-21-2016, 04:01 PM
He tried to form a big 3 with Amare (:oldlol: ) and Chris Paul on the Knicks, just failed spectacularly
Yeah. Melo's recruiting is pathetic. He can't convince anyone worth anything to come play with him. I don't care if he is best buddies with Lebron and CP3, those guys ain't coming here.

Knicksfever2010
06-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Well Melo picked the Knicks, and got what he wanted.

still butt hurt that Melo didn't pick your team 5 years ago?

ChrisKreager
06-21-2016, 06:27 PM
JR Smith quit on the Knicks, then got lucky because he got traded to Cleveland and basically became LeBron's coffee bitch.

Smoke117
06-21-2016, 06:29 PM
:facepalm

SexSymbol
06-22-2016, 04:30 AM
Amare was great before him, a top 5 player

Nezty
06-22-2016, 06:04 AM
I actually think melo cares a lot about winning. I believe he worries more about his body breaking down.

Lebron keeps taking one year deals to get that 200 Million dollar "thank you" deal from Cleveland. Lebron is durable and doesn't get hurt. He takes the chance that he will be healthy leading up to that huge pay day.

Melo is banged up and I believe he saw 126 million now was better than banking on his health and losing 40 million of that if he's a shell of himself. He took the money like Kevin love took the money - Scared of injury risk.

For that, I'm not upset with him. He made the decision along with his wife.

Melo is a selfish prick. Nobody NEEDS 126 million dollars. If he truly cared about winning he would've taken a paycut to build a better supporting cast around him.