PDA

View Full Version : "He simply wasn't healthy after spraining his MCL"

warriorfan
06-21-2016, 02:57 PM
Many people felt he simply wasn't healthy after spraining his right MCL. Though he returned in the second round and played well sporadically, he notably lost his trademark shiftiness with the ball. Curry struggled with side-to-side movement after the injury, particularly on the perimeter, where he couldn't lose and punish opponents.

This seemed most evident on the biggest possession of the Finals. After Kyrie Irving hit what proved to be the winning 3-pointer, Curry came down the other way and got Kevin Love on a mismatch. Love, a slow-footed big man, normally wouldn't have a chance at staying with Curry. And though Love did an excellent job trying to stay attached to Steph on the perimeter, the Stephen Curry from the regular season most likely could have shaken Love quickly.

Curry simply couldn't get the separation he needed. The miss was essentially the dagger for the Warriors.

The Cavs won the championship with an incredible comeback, but it's also fair to question whether they got Curry's best shot in the series.

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-curry-knee-injury-evident-game-7-2016-6

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/25/21/3382DE5F00000578-3558358-image-m-20_1461615147097.jpg

livinglegend
A very wise man once said: No excuses

0/22

riseagainst
still doesn't explain his terrible decision making and his carelessness taking care of the ball.

bigkingsfan
06-21-2016, 02:59 PM
businessinsider for NBA news now. :applause:

warriorfan
06-21-2016, 03:06 PM
businessinsider for NBA news now. :applause:

that tells you it was so obvious that people who don't even know ball could tell that curry wasn't healthy

watch any clip from the regular season or even the 2015 finals...curry did not have the same explosiveness, lateral movement, and change of direction in the 2016 finals that he normally has

miggyme1
06-21-2016, 03:11 PM
that tells you it was so obvious that people who don't even know ball could tell that curry wasn't healthy

watch any clip from the regular season or even the 2015 finals...curry did not have the same explosiveness, lateral movement, and change of direction in the 2016 finals that he normally has

if true why was he still dancing behind the 3pt line hunting for threes??? If im hurt im putting my shoulder down like LeBron and driving......at currys size he is bound to get a foul call more often than not....

CavaliersFTW
06-21-2016, 03:14 PM
"His MCL was the problem..."

http://i.imgur.com/y5bQ6EZ.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
06-21-2016, 03:15 PM
Enough with the excuses, enough...
:no:

jstern
06-21-2016, 03:22 PM
When Curry talked about the play where Love was defending him. He basically said that he made a big mistake by settling and wanting to hit a big 3, rather than go by Love. He blamed his decision making, not his ability.

FKAri
06-21-2016, 03:22 PM
"His MCL was the problem..."

I guess he sprained his wrist too :lol

PP34Deuce
06-21-2016, 03:26 PM
One thing I notice on this board is anytime a player has HUGE momentum. their stans post a bunch of repeated content everyone knows to take away from the player receiving hype.

Curry was on fire and you had Lebron stans trying to put the fire out.

He wasn't 100% like other players but trust, he wouldn't have been playing if he was seriously hurt. Kerr isn't the type to do that to his players. He got figured out.

The gameplan was force him off the 3 point line and instead of adjusting by taking mid range shots, he made himself useless. He was scared to get hurt again and you could tell watching him play.

I believe Curry is going to put up video game numbers in regular seasons but in the playoffs, with physical defense, he will be limited somewhat.

SexSymbol
06-21-2016, 03:35 PM
He's obviously much slower than he was in the regular season.

Meticode
06-21-2016, 03:36 PM
But after he came back against Portland and went off he yelled at the crowd, "I'm back! I'm back!" :confusedshrug:

Now we want to use it as an excuse? LOL

Xoush
06-21-2016, 03:38 PM
But after he came back against Portland and went off he yelled at the crowd, "I'm back! I'm back!" :confusedshrug:

Now we want to use it as an excuse? LOL

Are you suggesting he was at full or near full health during the series?

Stringer Bell
06-21-2016, 03:41 PM
One thing I notice on this board is anytime a player has HUGE momentum. their stans post a bunch of repeated content everyone knows to take away from the player receiving hype.

Curry was on fire and you had Lebron stans trying to put the fire out.

He wasn't 100% like other players but trust, he wouldn't have been playing if he was seriously hurt. Kerr isn't the type to do that to his players. He got figured out.

The gameplan was force him off the 3 point line and instead of adjusting by taking mid range shots, he made himself useless. He was scared to get hurt again and you could tell watching him play.

I believe Curry is going to put up video game numbers in regular seasons but in the playoffs, with physical defense, he will be limited somewhat.

I see it pretty much the same way. Curry will have issues with physical playoff defense, same with Thompson, and many other perimeter players.

Kerr knew this and got fined $25k for complaining about the refs. He (unsuccessfully) tried to use some mind games, like Phil Jackson used to, regarding the officiating and the way defenses are allowed to bump more and hold in the postseason when players try to cut through backscreens and such.

Curry wasn't 100% but no one is in the postseason and injuries are part of the game. Who knows if the MCL injury was bothering him that much, as opposed to typical wear-and-tear and fatigue that all players go through?

Keno
06-21-2016, 03:44 PM
injury prone, mediocre shooting guard. simple as that.

SilkkTheShocker
06-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Who cares? Cleveland missing their 2nd and 3rd options last season. No excuses

TommyGriffin
06-21-2016, 05:35 PM
I see it pretty much the same way. Curry will have issues with physical playoff defense, same with Thompson, and many other perimeter players.

Kerr knew this and got fined $25k for complaining about the refs. He (unsuccessfully) tried to use some mind games, like Phil Jackson used to, regarding the officiating and the way defenses are allowed to bump more and hold in the postseason when players try to cut through backscreens and such.

Curry wasn't 100% but no one is in the postseason and injuries are part of the game. Who knows if the MCL injury was bothering him that much, as opposed to typical wear-and-tear and fatigue that all players go through?
I don't think this was typical wear and tear. Curry played much better in the 2015 Playoffs when he didn't have that knee injury. It seems like that was the difference.

Kblaze8855
06-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Meanwhile same guy who made this topic has spent a year or two hating on Wilts finals record when in one of them he had a torn patella tendon and missed all but the first couple weeks of a season before returning for the playoffs and in another he hurt his knee and was out for the deciding moments of game 7.

One loss in 7 games on a torn up knee repaired with the technology of 40 years ago and another with a hurt knee while not even in the game.

But OP never cared.....for the same reason nobody will remember or care about Currys injury. History forgets injuries in games you played.

Hell history forgets when key players miss whole series. We sure as hell aren't gonna be taking note of Curry being arguably shaky in a series he played a normal amount in.

raprap
06-21-2016, 07:00 PM
Lol he was resting 2 weeks in the playoffs. Might be the freshest player in the finals aside from benchwarmers. Dude is just a softie

Magic 32
06-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Who cares? Cleveland missing their 2nd and 3rd options last season. No excuses

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/06/lebron_james_of_cleveland_cava.html

Sounds like an excuse to me.

Inferno
06-21-2016, 07:22 PM
No excuses.

G-train
06-21-2016, 07:29 PM
They were up 3-1 and blew it, regardless of injuries.

The_Yearning
06-21-2016, 07:30 PM
They were up 3-1 and blew it, regardless of injuries.

And suspensions.

RedBlackAttack
06-21-2016, 07:32 PM
You know what I was told last year by Warriors fans after sulking that Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were out of the series and Iman Shumpert was playing injured?

They told me, "That's why you don't rely on injury-prone players."

Isn't it ironic. Don't ya think?

Be happy you won one title. A healthy Cavs team last year could have very easily been going for the repeat in 2016.

But, they didn't... guys got hurt.

At least Curry was playing. No one was saying he was hurt when he scored 38. I'm tired of the excuses for a team that has been mostly extremely lucky with injuries the last two years.

Graviton
06-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Guys we need to shut down Curry until we figure out what the hell is going on.

Springsteen
06-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Meanwhile same guy who made this topic has spent a year or two hating on Wilts finals record when in one of them he had a torn patella tendon and missed all but the first couple weeks of a season before returning for the playoffs and in another he hurt his knee and was out for the deciding moments of game 7.

One loss in 7 games on a torn up knee repaired with the technology of 40 years ago and another with a hurt knee while not even in the game.

But OP never cared.....for the same reason nobody will remember or care about Currys injury. History forgets injuries in games you played.

Hell history forgets when key players miss whole series. We sure as hell aren't gonna be taking note of Curry being arguably shaky in a series he played a normal amount in.

:applause:

Sarcastic
06-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't make a difference since the league is rigged according to the Curry household.

G0ATbe
06-21-2016, 07:38 PM
He looked just as pathetic and scared as he did the majority of last years finals...this had nothing to do with injuries. He's just not a big game assassin like Kyrie is , he's a regular season warrior.

Inferno
06-21-2016, 07:40 PM
He looked just as pathetic and scared as he did last year...this had nothing to do with injuries. He's just not a big game assassin like Kyrie is , he's a regular season warrior.

26/5/5 last year while leading his team in scoring every win. In no way did he have even close to a bad series last year just bc he didn't win FMVP.

He was far worse this year.

Dray n Klay
06-21-2016, 07:40 PM
He looked just as pathetic and scared as he did last year...this had nothing to do with injuries. He's just not a big game assassin like Kyrie is , he's a regular season warrior.

When are you gonna change it to 2.5/7?

G0ATbe
06-21-2016, 07:44 PM
When are you gonna change it to 2.5/7?
https://media.giphy.com/media/s6rNwwZ0t1Lhu/giphy.gif

Dray n Klay
06-21-2016, 07:45 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/s6rNwwZ0t1Lhu/giphy.gif

Was that Kobe once he broke into Kate Faber's hotel room?

G-train
06-21-2016, 07:54 PM
He looked just as pathetic and scared as he did the majority of last years finals...this had nothing to do with injuries. He's just not a big game assassin like Kyrie is , he's a regular season warrior.

I wouldn't go that far, he's had many big games.

GrapeApe
06-21-2016, 07:56 PM
I mentioned this a few times througout the playoffs, but I think Curry's issues relating to the injury were psychological. I think he was physically fine, but he never regained full confidence in his knee, and the fear of re-injury was always in the back of his mind. At times it looked like he was playing timid rather than playing his normal aggressive style. We see it a lot after knee injuries where players are afraid to make sharp, explosive cuts. Just my 2 cents.

SwayDizzle
06-21-2016, 08:08 PM
I mentioned this a few times througout the playoffs, but I think Curry's issues relating to the injury were psychological. I think he was physically fine, but he never regained full confidence in his knee, and the fear of re-injury was always in the back of his mind. At times it looked like he was playing timid rather than playing his normal aggressive style. We see it a lot after knee injuries where players are afraid to make sharp, explosive cuts. Just my 2 cents.
yes

WayOfWad3
06-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Kind of like the Kyle Lowry situation in the Miami series. Everyone including Lowry knew that he could shoot, but something was just going on in his head that prevented him from making any normal shot. He figured it out eventually though, I think.
As for the OP, whether he was injured or not is irrelevant; in the end he just didn't get it done injuries and all when he should have got it done. When given a better situation than what LeBron was given last year, Curry just couldn't measure up. If anything though, this loss goes to the entire Warriors team; even with Curry struggling the bench came up big to start the series and then by and large disappeared for the rest of it. Harrison Barnes deserves a lot of the blame for becoming a ghost on offense, Draymond deserves a ton of blame for acting like a child and getting himself suspended in what in hindsight was a must-win game in Oakland. Klay Thompson deserves a lot of blame for going cold and not being anywhere near reliable during the finals. Stephen Curry though deserves more blame than anyone, the man in 28 and just came off one of the greatest seasons we have ever witnessed from a single player, yet he couldn't muster up his magic even for a single game when his team needed it the most.

Goldrush25
06-21-2016, 08:37 PM
I guess I just have high expectations of Curry. If you're the guy hyped as the best player in the league, you do the impossible. That injury was an opportunity for him to be special. He failed that test. He's not as special as we thought he was.

Those that give him a pass, just have lowered expectations of him.

warriorfan
06-21-2016, 09:52 PM
It doesn't matter how some people forget he had a major MCL injury midway through the playoffs

The truth is he did, and that was the difference between his performance last year and this year

Goofsta Knicca
06-21-2016, 09:55 PM
He should have wised up like the GOAT and hit the HGH then.

IMObjective
06-21-2016, 10:12 PM
A very wise man once said: No excuses

0/22
I could have sworn this dude was president of the curry family a few days ago.

Old Man River
06-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Was that Kobe once he broke into Kate Faber's hotel room?
:kobe: