PDA

View Full Version : The difference between LeBron and Kobe...

LongLiveTheKing
06-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Here's Kobe stats in Game 5 after being down 3-1 to the Pistons

24 points, FG 7-21, 3 reb, and 4 ast, 0-2 3P

Compare that too Lebron being down 3-1 to the Warriors :oldlol:

41 points, 16-30 FG, 16 reb, 7 ast, 4-8 3FG

Kobe checked out of the series after losing basically quitting meanwhile Lebron brings back the Cavs to win the title. Not to mention the fact that LeBron did it to a 73 win team with 3 all stars and the back to back MVP. :bowdown:
Kobe also had a superior teammate in Shaq and 2 other HOF and faced an inferior Detroit Pistons team. Kobe ALSO had home court advantage in that series.
Kobe also couldn't come back against the Celtics got carried in Game 5 by his teammates and got annihilated in game 6 :oldlol:
LeBron Family hold this W. :cheers:

scuzzy
06-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Just ordered a wheel barrel off amazon to hold all these W's

Every thread I enter

Feels like I'm going house to house trick or treating

W after W after W

Great thread OP but honestly

It's disrespectful to even put those two in the same thread title anymore

Ya know?

Let's debate guys in thier rightful own tiers

(Kobe, AI, Drexler etc)

MP.Trey
06-21-2016, 05:05 PM
But the East is weak... oh wait. That doesn't really help Kobe stans here.

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2016, 05:06 PM
But the East is weak... oh wait. That doesn't really help Kobe stans here.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Quickening
06-21-2016, 05:07 PM

Every thread I enter

W after W after W

Ya know?

(Kobe, AI, Drexler etc)
:applause: :applause: :bowdown:

riseagainst
06-21-2016, 05:12 PM
:applause:

inclinerator
06-21-2016, 05:15 PM
:yaohappy:

LongLiveTheKing
06-21-2016, 05:15 PM

Every thread I enter

W after W after W

Ya know?

(Kobe, AI, Drexler etc)

My bad, you're right Lebron is on a whole other level. :oldlol: I was just showing how big of a gab their is between them.

Let's stay winning :cheers:

SouBeachTalents
06-21-2016, 05:21 PM
The difference between LeBron & Kobe is that LeBron is better at basketball and has had a better career

brownmamba00
06-21-2016, 05:26 PM
OP is a genuine homo

LongLiveTheKing
06-21-2016, 05:38 PM
The difference between LeBron & Kobe is that LeBron is better at basketball and has had a better career

This too :rockon:

Nash
06-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Look at this, laughing way too hard :lol :lol

some guy said kobe is not close to being top 5 and laker fans seriously can't understand why, acting like its common knowledge. :roll: :roll:
please read and try not to die laughing.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178559

also, later in the thread some guy says that the fact that Kyrie said 'mamba mentality' is proof that Kobe is top 5. :roll:

I can't. My stomach is hurting so much right now.

raprap
06-21-2016, 07:04 PM
W after W. This summer gunna be good.

bigkingsfan
06-21-2016, 07:04 PM
The difference is Kobe squanders 3-1 lead.

inclinerator
06-21-2016, 07:24 PM
:yaohappy:

LongLiveTheKing
06-21-2016, 09:23 PM

Also this :roll:

Magic 32
06-21-2016, 09:39 PM

https://s32.postimg.org/f9s3qeqlx/sgfdgs.jpg

And I already know the trolls response. The same trolls that defend Lebron's 2014 and 2015 finals.

Debating kids with no standards or consistency is no fun.

Dray n Klay
06-21-2016, 09:42 PM
MUH...

STATS, STATS, STATS, BOXSCORES

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/14/24066000/ngbbs4ff5040832754.jpg

typical, hiding behind boxscores cause you cant evaluate players yourself

Magic 32
06-21-2016, 09:45 PM
typical, hiding behind boxscores cause you cant evaluate players yourself

I'm sorry. I'm going to leave this dollhouse in less than 90 posts (promised myself never to get to 10.000).

This is the last response I will waste on you kiddo.

Lebron23
06-21-2016, 10:28 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

eliteballer
06-21-2016, 10:31 PM
5-2 vs. 3-7

scuzzy
06-21-2016, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry. I'm going to leave this dollhouse in less than 90 posts (promised myself never to get to 10.000).

This is the last response I will waste on you kiddo.

WE

WIN!!!

:oldlol: :roll: :rockon:

KirbyPls
06-21-2016, 10:47 PM
5-2 vs. 3-7

3-3 > 2-5

tpols
06-21-2016, 11:02 PM
the comparison would be similar ...

if ben wallace was suspended, rasheed wallace got injured halfway through the game, and tayshaun prince had a crippled back.. in which case detroit defense wouldve gotten carved by the black mamba. :bowdown:

Tycriss
06-21-2016, 11:14 PM
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/286044231.png

LongLiveTheKing
06-21-2016, 11:28 PM
WE

WIN!!!

:oldlol: :roll: :rockon:

:applause: :rockon:

ImKobe
06-22-2016, 12:12 AM
stats are not made equal and the circumstances are different

why do people compare number for number when Kobe in 2004 wasn't even in his prime yet and played injured against a team with 4 all-stars?

Chauncey, Rip, Ben and Sheed all played better than Curry in the 2016 Finals against a Lakers team that suffered injuries to Kobe, Fisher and Malone and Shaq was out of shape since they 3-peated

not to mention the fact that the Pistons allowed 84 points per game vs the 2016 Warriors allowing over 104 a game, oh and the Pistons didn't have their best defensive player suspended and didn't lose Ben Wallace to injury in Game 5, either. And I don't recall Shaq putting up 41 in Game 5 like Kyrie did either (he had 20 points to Kobe's 24).

the team outside Shaq/Kobe shot 62/183 (33.8%) for the series, Shaq and Kobe combined shot 96/197 (48.7%), Kyrie and Lebron combined in the 2016 Finals shot 48.1%, their teammates shot a combined 42.4%, not to mention the fact that Curry and Thompson both played like dogshit overall and Draymond Green, their best overall performer, was suspended for a close-out game 5 @ home. You take away Ben Wallace or Chauncey Billups for Game 5 and Lakers could have won 3 straight as well if you account for the fact that they had Game 6 and 7 at home, but they simply couldn't win on the road undermanned against the best defensive team of the 2000s.

So Kobe and Shaq combined shot a better percentage from the field but their teammates performed much worse overall when it came to scoring the basketball against a team that was the best we might have ever seen on the defensive end. Imagine if Lebron was guarded by prime Tayshaun Prince and Sheed and Kyrie was guarded by Chauncey Billups instead of Stephen Curry. Their production would be worse as well with a much slower pace in the handcheck era. But let's ignore the facts.

NBAGOAT
06-22-2016, 12:17 AM
stats are not made equal and the circumstances are different

why do people compare number for number when Kobe in 2004 wasn't even in his prime yet and played injured against a team with 4 all-stars?

Chauncey, Rip, Ben and Sheed all played better than Curry in the 2016 Finals against a Lakers team that suffered injuries to Kobe, Fisher and Malone and Shaq was out of shape since they 3-peated

not to mention the fact that the Pistons allowed 84 points per game vs the 2016 Warriors allowing over 104 a game, oh and the Pistons didn't have their best defensive player suspended and didn't lose Ben Wallace to injury in Game 5, either. And I don't recall Shaq putting up 41 in Game 5 like Kyrie did either.

Some of it is trolling but Kobe was in his prime in 04. 03 is one of his best years and I've heard a few arguments for it being Kobe's best season year if I disagree. Shaq put up 27ppg on 62TS%, he may have been past his prime and fat but was still great and detroit wasn't doubling off of him. He's still likely better than Kyrie in 2016 as good as Kyrie was.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-22-2016, 12:25 AM
Heroes get remembered, but LeGends never die.

ImKobe
06-22-2016, 12:41 AM
Some of it is trolling but Kobe was in his prime in 04. 03 is one of his best years and I've heard a few arguments for it being Kobe's best season year if I disagree. Shaq put up 27ppg on 62TS%, he may have been past his prime and fat but was still great and detroit wasn't doubling off of him. He's still likely better than Kyrie in 2016 as good as Kyrie was.

Kobe wasn't healthy in 2004 and he was only 25, so what that he had a great year in 2003, he also had a monster 2001 Playoff run but you wouldn't say he was in his prime at age 22

Kobe needed knee surgery after the 2002-03 season followed by the rape case and the Shaq-Kobe feud that lasted the entire 2003-04 season, neither of them were 100% focused and were a fisher 0.4 shot away from losing in the 2nd round. I mean, it took two crazy 3s from Kobe against the Blazers in the regular season for them to even win their division and not be a 5 seed, that team definitely was one of the worst of the Shaq/Kobe era, at least the worst out of the 4 that made the Finals.

Shaq wasn't as good as Kyrie...stop it. Pistons played him straight up and doubled Kobe like the Cavs doubled Steph, difference is that none of the Lakers role players could hit open shots so Kobe couldn't get to his spots. It would have been a different series if the Lakers had 3-point shooters that could make their open 3s. Kobe played 46 minutes a game for the series but only got up 22 shots a game with 5 FTA, ridiculous.

Kyrie is like the opposite of Shaq, he was hitting clutch shots and scoring 10 points in a row in the 4th of the 2016 Finals, Shaq in 2004 could get his shots early but they weren't giving that to him in the 4th and he was a liability from the FT line.

eliteballer
06-22-2016, 12:52 AM
Kobe wasn't healthy in 2004 and he was only 25, so what that he had a great year in 2003, he also had a monster 2001 Playoff run but you wouldn't say he was in his prime at age 22

Kobe needed knee surgery after the 2002-03 season followed by the rape case and the Shaq-Kobe feud that lasted the entire 2003-04 season, neither of them were 100% focused and were a fisher 0.4 shot away from losing in the 2nd round. I mean, it took two crazy 3s from Kobe against the Blazers in the regular season for them to even win their division and not be a 5 seed, that team definitely was one of the worst of the Shaq/Kobe era, at least the worst out of the 4 that made the Finals.

Shaq wasn't as good as Kyrie...stop it. Pistons played him straight up and doubled Kobe like the Cavs doubled Steph, difference is that none of the Lakers role players could hit open shots so Kobe couldn't get to his spots. It would have been a different series if the Lakers had 3-point shooters that could make their open 3s. Kobe played 46 minutes a game for the series but only got up 22 shots a game with 5 FTA, ridiculous.

Kyrie is like the opposite of Shaq, he was hitting clutch shots and scoring 10 points in a row in the 4th of the 2016 Finals, Shaq in 2004 could get his shots early but they weren't giving that to him in the 4th and he was a liability from the FT line.

Knee AND shoulder surgeries, on top of needing to take IV's during the playoffs.

ArbitraryWater
06-22-2016, 08:04 AM
the excuse now is Kobe wasnt in his prime yet by his 8th season :roll: :roll: :roll:

Im Still Ballin
06-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Honestly the LeBron-Kobe comparisons were humorous

But now after this latest championship run, it's downright disrespectful to LeBron

aj1987
06-22-2016, 08:23 AM
the comparison would be similar ...

if ben wallace was suspended, rasheed wallace got injured halfway through the game, and tayshaun prince had a crippled back.. in which case detroit defense wouldve gotten carved by the black mamba. :bowdown:
Small differences, chump:

Rasheed Wallace: 30 MPG
Andrew Bogut: 14 MPG when healthy and 18 MPG in only 4 games played in '15 (played like 15 MPG in the first 3 rounds)

Tayshaun Prince: 39 MPG
Andre Iguodala: 34 MPG and 34 MPG in the 5 games before his "injury" (41/16/7/3/3 on a healthy Iggy in G5)

Literally the game after his suspension, LeBron dropped 41/8/11/4/3 on him and murdered the Warriors.

Chokebe choked his ass off with a top 5 GOAT beasting in the paint. That's a fact. Deal with it.

the excuse now is Kobe wasnt in his prime yet by his 8th season :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nah, Kobe needed 10 seasons to get to his prime, which lasted 4 seasons.

tamaraw08
06-22-2016, 10:57 AM

THIS. :rockon:

tamaraw08
06-22-2016, 11:07 AM
Honestly the LeBron-Kobe comparisons were humorous

But now after this latest championship run, it's downright disrespectful to LeBron

Just Lebron, right. :facepalm

Lebron worshippers AND Kobe worshippers all think the same thing.

Let's find stats that glorifies our god at the same time we magnify the bad stats of the other superstar.

GSW wins 73 games, so therefore, they are the best team ever and Lebron beats them so, Lebron is GOAT., Lets forget the fact that they were also down to OKC, losing in the 4th quarter until Westbrook made those stupid errors, or that Lebron missed 15 FGs bec heck Kobe also struggled more in the 7th game and yes
Boston with 3 Hall of famers plus peak Rondo were not as good, right?:facepalm
And oh yeah, GSW is so much better than the 2001 Spurs who happened to have peak Duncan and hall of famer DRob, right? forget the fact that Spurs was the best team and was favored?
Kobe fans= Lets magnify how Lebron have lost 4 finals, that Kobe only lost 2. ignoring that Shaq was so dominant in the first 3 rings won...

Mr Feeny
06-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Look at this, laughing way too hard :lol :lol

some guy said kobe is not close to being top 5 and laker fans seriously can't understand why, acting like its common knowledge. :roll: :roll:
please read and try not to die laughing.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178559

also, later in the thread some guy says that the fact that Kyrie said 'mamba mentality' is proof that Kobe is top 5. :roll:

I can't. My stomach is hurting so much right now.

That can't be real :roll:

Mr Feeny
06-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Regarding op, why are you mentioning a scrub in the same breath as lebron james?

Why would he have been expected to put anywhere near the numbers lebron put?:biggums:
LeBron had 2 41 point games in 3 days and he's a playmaker. The scrubs career high is one single pathetic 40 point game.

What you doing wasting your time mentioning someone out of the top 10 with a top 2 goat?:lol

tamaraw08
06-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Small differences, chump:

Rasheed Wallace: 30 MPG
Andrew Bogut: 14 MPG when healthy and 18 MPG in only 4 games played in '15 (played like 15 MPG in the first 3 rounds)

Tayshaun Prince: 39 MPG
Andre Iguodala: 34 MPG and 34 MPG in the 5 games before his "injury" (41/16/7/3/3 on a healthy Iggy in G5)

Literally the game after his suspension, LeBron dropped 41/8/11/4/3 on him and murdered the Warriors.

Chokebe choked his ass off with a top 5 GOAT beasting in the paint. That's a fact. Deal with it.

Nah, Kobe needed 10 seasons to get to his prime, which lasted 4 seasons.

You do know that they allow hand checks back then, right?
But yes, I bet even Kobe would tell you he had the worst Finals vs Detroit, but hey, let us just focus when Lebron had the best finals and IGNORE that he had the worst 2nd halfs vs Dallas, right?:rolleyes:

aj1987
06-22-2016, 11:51 AM
You do know that they allow hand checks back then, right?
But yes, I bet even Kobe would tell you he had the worst Finals vs Detroit, but hey, let us just focus when Lebron had the best finals and IGNORE that he had the worst 2nd halfs vs Dallas, right?:rolleyes:
Excuses and more excuses. The FACT that Kobe had a top 5 GOAT putting up 27 on 63% in the paint and yet he chose to ignore him, to prove that he's the man (only to fail miserably) shows his subpar IQ.

Sure, LeBron was absolutely terrible in '11. He was the reason Miami lost. Doesn't change the fact that Kobe has 2 of the worst performances for a top 15 player in the Finals. That coupled with the fact that dude averaged 25/5/4 on like 40% in the Finals just puts LeBron significantly above Kobe.

One more thing, Kobe is supposed to be a significantly better scorer than LeBron, right? LeBron in this Finals ALONE has TWICE as many 40pt games as Kobe does. :oldlol:

tl;dr - LeBron shit on Kobe.

SouBeachTalents
06-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Just Lebron, right. :facepalm

Lebron worshippers AND Kobe worshippers all think the same thing.

Let's find stats that glorifies our god at the same time we magnify the bad stats of the other superstar.

GSW wins 73 games, so therefore, they are the best team ever and Lebron beats them so, Lebron is GOAT., Lets forget the fact that they were also down to OKC, losing in the 4th quarter until Westbrook made those stupid errors, or that Lebron missed 15 FGs bec heck Kobe also struggled more in the 7th game and yes
Boston with 3 Hall of famers plus peak Rondo were not as good, right?:facepalm
And oh yeah, GSW is so much better than the 2001 Spurs who happened to have peak Duncan and hall of famer DRob, right? forget the fact that Spurs was the best team and was favored?
Kobe fans= Lets magnify how Lebron have lost 4 finals, that Kobe only lost 2. ignoring that Shaq was so dominant in the first 3 rings won...

Lol, so you give the Warriors shit for almost losing to the Thunder, yet you'll completely ignore the '08 Celtics were taken to 7 games by the fuccing HAWKS :lol

And there's no way you think the '01 Spurs were even in the same stratosphere as this years Warriors team, I refuse to believe that

riseagainst
06-22-2016, 12:16 PM
so disrespectful to compare Kobe to Lebron.... Lebron is the 2nd GOAT, while Kobe is ranked 12 universally.

SouBeachTalents
06-22-2016, 12:20 PM
so disrespectful to compare Kobe to Lebron.... Lebron is the 2nd GOAT, while Kobe is ranked 12 universally.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12442925&postcount=3

scuzzy
06-22-2016, 12:22 PM

It's a spit in the face

We're literally waiting Jeffs bandwidth entertaining it

All 250mb's

I'm glad you saw the light bro :cheers:

But you'll never be in the Lebron Fam :lol