PDA

View Full Version : Fellow haters of Westbrook's game (or even fans)

ScalsFan21
06-21-2016, 06:33 PM
Have any of you guys begun to second-guess your feelings on him? I feel like he's the hardest player in the NBA to really nail down. On one hand he really is capable of playing at a top 5 level and have transcendent impact on the court.

But he's shown to propensity to get in the way of team success and give back so much of what he does well far too frequently in his career for me to consider him in or around my actual current top 5. I just believe his playstyle and basketball IQ are too unconducive to winning 4 consecutive playoff series as either a first or even second option.

He annoys me because I want so bad for him to be the consistent god that he seems so close to being, but year after year he shows that he really doesn't have that in him. To me, he will ALWAYS give back some of his greatness with bad decision-making and mediocre shooting. But for so much of that Golden State series we saw signs of what he can really do when locked in and focused on the task at hand.

Can Russ EVER iron out the holes in his game and take things to another gear altogether, or is he destined to be one of those stars whose head and positive on-court impact will arguably never match his talent or athleticism? :confusedshrug: