PDA

View Full Version : Bogut: ''73-9 worth jack****''

Uncle Drew
06-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Andrew Bogut: "I

Nilocon165
06-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Andrew Bogut keeps it real.

Draymond and Steph "We still had a great season! We broke the record! I'm proud of our guys!"

Bogut "It means jack shit"

Vragrant
06-22-2016, 03:17 PM

Draymond and Steph "We still had a great season! We broke the record! I'm proud of our guys!"

Actually Klay after game 6 said the season is a failure if they don't win the title

hold this L
06-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Actually Klay after game 6 said the season is a failure if they don't win the title
So did Steph during that game. They explained what Klay said and he stated that he agrees with him. Both are doing PR work now because they're the face of the team, but I doubt either of them feels this season was a success.

Man, what a disappointing choke. :facepalm

Dray n Klay
06-22-2016, 03:43 PM
So did Steph during that game. They explained what Klay said and he stated that he agrees with him. Both are doing PR work now because they're the face of the team, but I doubt either of them feels this season was a success.

Man, what a disappointing choke. :facepalm

hold this L, baby boy

chosen_one6
06-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Andrew Bogut speaks the truth.

kamil
06-22-2016, 03:44 PM

They're both right though. 73-9 is no easy task. However, you'd think a team with that record would just dominate in the finals.

hold this L
06-22-2016, 03:48 PM
hold this L, baby boy
I am holding it until next year. :confusedshrug:

Lakers Legend#32
06-22-2016, 03:53 PM
And Bogut was crucial to getting 73 wins.

ScalsFan21
06-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Eh... I don't think it's worth jack but it's watered down significantly, as Klay and now Bogut have outright stated. I could only imagine being in Bogut's shoes right now feeling like "what if I could've been out there", but eh... I'm sure they'll appreciate what they did more the further removed they get from this season and the more future success they probably have.

Frenetic
06-22-2016, 04:40 PM
agree with bogut it means jack shit. just means lebron was carrying a heavier weight than curry was but was able to step it even more when it mattered.

Da_Realist
06-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Eh... I don't think it's worth jack but it's watered down significantly, as Klay and now Bogut have outright stated. I could only imagine being in Bogut's shoes right now feeling like "what if I could've been out there", but eh... I'm sure they'll appreciate what they did more the further removed they get from this season and the more future success they probably have.

I seriously doubt it. No one wants to be the answer to a trivia question. Or be the prime example of a team that couldn't close the deal. Or be the poster boys of Lebron's highlight package for the next 20 years.

FKAri
06-22-2016, 06:23 PM
I seriously doubt it. No one wants to be the answer to a trivia question. Or be the prime example of a team that couldn't close the deal. Or be the poster boys of Lebron's highlight package for the next 20 years.
Its a record. People still talk about Jordan's 63, Kobe's 81, and many other records which came in losing seasons. So in that sense it does matter.

Da_Realist
06-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Its a record. People still talk about Jordan's 63, Kobe's 81, and many other records which came in losing seasons. So in that sense it does matter.

Not even remotely the same thing. You can be proud of a personal achievement in a season in which your team lost. (By the way, MJ actually hates talking about the 63 point game precisely because they lost.)

But to lose after leading the field all year, after all the dancing and shimmying, after Curry's unanimous MVP season, after comparing yourself favorably to the Showtime Lakers, after holding a 3-1 lead that no one in history has ever lost in the finals, is an epic failure that will always tarnish whatever happened before that. They'll be proud of winning 73 but it will always be more bitter than sweet that they failed to close it out.