PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Teague to Pacers, George Hill to Jazz in 3-team trade

Meticode
06-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojVerticalNBA
Three-way deal with Atlanta, Indiana and Utah, with George Hill going to the Jazz, league sources tell @TheVertical.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745681258211123200

Confirmed:

Teague to Pacers
Hill to Jazz
12th pick to Hawks

Meticode
06-22-2016, 02:17 PM
I would suspect Hawks are moving Teague maybe?

Meticode
06-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Confirmed:

Teague to Pacers
Hill to Jazz
12th pick to Hawks

NBAGOAT
06-22-2016, 02:50 PM
the exact deal is Teague to Pacers, Hill to Jazz and 12th pick to Hawks from Jazz. Also from Woj https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745680754043150336.

Looks like a pretty decent deal for all 3. Pacers get more of a secondary scorer/creator with Teague who was injured this year with that torn patella tendon. Hawks get a lotto pick and can still start Schroeder and will either rebuild or retool. Jazz get a huge upgrade and great fit at pg and now their starting lineup looks great.

ShawkFactory
06-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Not sure if this deal is meant to do for Atlanta other than see if Schoder can be the man.

Dr. Ice
06-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Outside of that nerlens noel rumor, you can't ask for a better return for jeff teague on an expired contract.

Utah and Atlanta won this trade.

atljonesbro
06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Dennis fam in dis thang

UK2K
06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Not really all that breaking..

Klay 3D
06-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Pacers got another Monta Ellis? Wtf

WayOfWad3
06-22-2016, 03:05 PM
I am so stoked, Jazz now have Mack and Hill so the PG situation is stabilized. Now there are zero weaknesses in the starting lineup (except for the lack of a superstar)

Lebronxrings
06-22-2016, 03:05 PM
dam, east got even stronger

Xiao Yao You
06-22-2016, 03:09 PM
the exact deal is Teague to Pacers, Hill to Jazz and 12th pick to Hawks from Jazz. Also from Woj https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745680754043150336.

Looks like a pretty decent deal for all 3. Pacers get more of a secondary scorer/creator with Teague who was injured this year with that torn patella tendon. Hawks get a lotto pick and can still start Schroeder and will either rebuild or retool. Jazz get a huge upgrade and great fit at pg and now their starting lineup looks great.

I could see Hill starting at the 1 or 2 or coming off the bench. Hard to say until we see where Dante is at. I'd guess Mack is gone.

Now there are zero weaknesses in the starting lineup (except for the lack of a superstar)

They certainly have plenty of weaknesses still but this should make them better. Hopefully the pick isn't the next Kawai! :cheers:

scuzzy
06-22-2016, 03:12 PM
The East gets even bloodier :facepalm

JohnnyBravo5
06-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Pkg 12/25 and get Buddy Hield

brownmamba00
06-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Schroder in for a break out year

chosen_one6
06-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I am so stoked, Jazz now have Mack and Hill so the PG situation is stabilized. Now there are zero weaknesses in the starting lineup (except for the lack of a superstar)

Mack and Hill are shooting guards that play the 1. Are Exum and Hayward going to run the offense? Because Mack and Hill sure the hell can't.

bdreason
06-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Great move by the Pacers. :applause:

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Great move by the Pacers. :applause:

How? I'm so confused I feel like I'm missing something.

George Hill is better than Teague in my opinion...and Teague is on an expiring contract. This seems like a lateral move at best. With Monta next to Teague...like...what?

Makes no sense to me at all.

Huge win for Hawks. Turning an expiring Teague into the 12th pick. Wow...absolutely great job by the Hawks.

tpols
06-22-2016, 04:24 PM
lmao, george hill is wayyy better than jeff teague. George Hill plays fantastic defense, and smart high IQ offense.. he's like anti jeff teague. :lol

Paul george has got to be gone.

bdreason
06-22-2016, 04:26 PM
George Hill is a SG who should be coming off the bench and has been forced to play PG.

The Pacers want to push the pace, and that's exactly what Teague does well.

I think we'll see the Pacers try to move Monta now. His contract isn't bad at all, especially considering the cap raise.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 04:39 PM
George Hill is a SG who should be coming off the bench and has been forced to play PG.

The Pacers want to push the pace, and that's exactly what Teague does well.

I think we'll see the Pacers try to move Monta now. His contract isn't bad at all, especially considering the cap raise.

That stuff only potentially could help in the regular season. This is a total regular season type move.

Won't pay any dividends at all when the games really matter.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 04:39 PM
lmao, george hill is wayyy better than jeff teague. George Hill plays fantastic defense, and smart high IQ offense.. he's like anti jeff teague. :lol

Paul george has got to be gone.

This.

:applause:

AI09
06-22-2016, 05:16 PM
All it took was a 12th pick for Teague thank god Colengelo didn't trade Noel or okafor for this guy.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 06:00 PM
All it took was a 12th pick for Teague thank god Colengelo didn't trade Noel or okafor for this guy.

I agree with your point about the Noel / Okafor stuff...but I think people are really over valuing Teague here.

He's a fine player, but he's about to be an ufa...he is not worth the 12th pick unless you are a sure fire contender and think he puts you over the top.

At least the Jazz get a guy that fits in perfectly with their team...and they'll probably keep him long term.

But damn...Hawks made out here big time.

AI09
06-22-2016, 06:09 PM
I agree with your point about the Noel / Okafor stuff...but I think people are really over valuing Teague here.

He's a fine player, but he's about to be an ufa...he is not worth the 12th pick unless you are a sure fire contender and think he puts you over the top.

At least the Jazz get a guy that fits in perfectly with their team...and they'll probably keep him long term.

But damn...Hawks made out here big time.

Teague is definitely overated but you never know Atlanta could use that 12th pick on a bust. No guaranteed talent at 12 but I see where you are coming from he's one summer away from asking for a big contract and he's been regressing and you can still get lucky and draft a great player they will have options maybe Poetl or Ellenson or Chriss falls. Also guys like Deyonta Davis sabonis and Skal have potential. Maybe Malachi impressed enough to go in the lottery?

Xiao Yao You
06-22-2016, 06:11 PM
Mack and Hill are shooting guards that play the 1. Are Exum and Hayward going to run the offense? Because Mack and Hill sure the hell can't.

Mack ran the offense better than anyone else has. Looked like a pg to me.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Teague is definitely overated but you never know Atlanta could use that 12th pick on a bust. No guaranteed talent at 12 but I see where you are coming from he's one summer away from asking for a big contract and he's been regressing and you can still get lucky and draft a great player they will have options maybe Poetl or Ellenson or Chriss falls. Also guys like Deyonta Davis sabonis and Skal have potential. Maybe Malachi impressed enough to go in the lottery?

Oh of course.

I'm not saying the 12th pick is a lock or something. I get why the Jazz would want Hill rather than the 12th pick. I'm not saying it was terrible for them.

The Pacers part of it makes no sense to me though.

The Hawks just happen to make out like bandits in terms of EV...they didn't want Teague long term anyway...so they just turned an expiring contract they didn't want into the 12th pick. Which is an incredible win.

G-train
06-22-2016, 06:19 PM
How does everyone lose a trade.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 06:23 PM
How does everyone lose a trade.

How did the Hawks lose this trade?

They got rid of an expiring contract they didn't want and weren't going to pay long term for the 12th pick.

That is so far above EV it's crazy.

The Hawks won the trade.

G-train
06-22-2016, 06:28 PM
How did the Hawks lose this trade?

They got rid of an expiring contract they didn't want and weren't going to pay long term for the 12th pick.

That is so far above EV it's crazy.

The Hawks won the trade.

Cos the 12th pick will be nothing this draft, and they could have done better IMO. The draft dies in the ass after pick 7/8 this season.
Not many solid starting PGs around.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Cos the 12th pick will be nothing this draft, and they could have done better IMO. The draft dies in the ass after pick 7/8 this season.

Could have done better for an expiring Jeff Teague?

Like...what?

Also, they aren't going to use the pick imo. I bet they are going to trade it in hopes of getting a rotation player or combine it with something to get a rotation player or two in hopes of keeping Horford.

At least that is what I assumed the plan was.

You guys realize that you don't actually have to use the pick...right? That these things are assets and be used in different ways...right?

G-train
06-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Could have done better for an expiring Jeff Teague?

Like...what?

Also, they aren't going to use the pick imo. I bet they are going to trade it in hopes of getting a rotation player or combine it with something to get a rotation player or two in hopes of keeping Horford.

At least that is what I assumed the plan was.

You guys realize that you don't actually have to use the pick...right? That these things are assets and be used in different ways...right?

The point is the 12th pick has little value this season and Teague is worth more than it.
So whether they use it or not is irrelevant, it's still not worth much.

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm going to judge what Atlanta's future held based on what I saw in the playoffs and, after Game 2, Schroder was their defacto starting point guard and Teague watched the action from the bench.

Considering that and that Teague is expiring, I can't imagine the Hawks getting much more than Hill and a late lottery pick. That's actually more than I expected.

Good job by the Hawks.

The Pacers get to see if they can recreate Teague's All-Star season.

Works for me.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 06:56 PM
The point is the 12th pick has little value this season and Teague is worth more than it.
So whether they use it or not is irrelevant, it's still not worth much.

Teague is worth more than that to the Hawks?

Just no.

They are trying to keep Horford. And they really can't do that unless they build a better team.

The Hawks don't need Teague when he and Schroder seemed like they were just fighting for minutes against each other and Schroder just seemed better.

Lastly, Jeff Teague on an expiring contract about to become an ufa in this climate is not worth more than the 12th pick. Absolutely not...especially when the team in question doesn't even want him.

Huge win for the Hawks.

G-train
06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
I still think you are missing the point or just ignoring it.
In a perfect world, great it's the 12th pick.

In the actual 2016 NBA draft, it's nobody and it's why everyone in teens is trying to move out of their selection.

I actually think its a loss for Atlanta, they have gone down hill considerably since Ferry left, making bad trade after bad trade.

atljonesbro
06-22-2016, 07:33 PM
The rumor on the block is the Hawks are trying to package those two picks to trade. Not sure if it to move up or get a player. Coach Bud likes Buddy though

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 07:36 PM

In the actual 2016 NBA draft, it's nobody and it's why everyone in teens is trying to move out of their selection.

I actually think its a loss for Atlanta, they have gone down hill considerably since Ferry left, making bad trade after bad trade.

How is it a loss when they don't want him on the team and want to make moves to try and get better?

How can you say getting the 12th pick for a guy you don't want and a guy you will lose for nothing in a year is a loss?

G-train
Teague's no sack of shit either, he is a solid to good starting point guard.
I was pretty impressed with most of his games in the playoffs, despite being coached so poorly and his minutes dragged up and down.

DMAVS41
The rumor on the block is the Hawks are trying to package those two picks to trade. Not sure if it to move up or get a player. Coach Bud likes Buddy though

Oh my god...shocking...:rockon:

atljonesbro
06-22-2016, 07:37 PM
Oh my god...shocking...:rockon:
:rockon: Bud and Bud. Dennis fam. Hawks 2017 :applause: :applause:

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Teague's no sack of shit either, he is a solid to good starting point guard.
I was pretty impressed with most of his games in the playoffs, despite being coached so poorly and his minutes dragged up and down.

Nobody is saying he sucks. It's that the Hawks don't want him and he's on an expiring contract.

You aren't factoring in the contract situation in your analysis at all. It's a huge part of this.

The difference between Teague on an expiring deal and Teague locked in on a good 4 year deal...is huge.

G-train
06-22-2016, 07:41 PM
How is it a loss when they don't want him on the team and want to make moves to try and get better?

How can you say getting the 12th pick for a guy you don't want and a guy you will lose for nothing in a year is a loss?

Because they didn't get enough value in the trade.
The 12th pick is not a good pick this season.
They've lost their starting point guard for someone who may never have any impact on their team.

The fact they don't want him, and would rather have Schroeder, says alot to me as to how inept the FO is.

It's a typical crappy Atlanta trade. What is their goal this season?
If its the playoffs then this trade sucks, they could have got an actual player for him.
If its rebuilding its sucks more, cos the 12th pick in shallow draft is hopeless for rebuilding.

G-train
06-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Nobody is saying he sucks. It's that the Hawks don't want him and he's on an expiring contract.

You aren't factoring in the contract situation in your analysis at all. It's a huge part of this.

The difference between Teague on an expiring deal and Teague locked in on a good 4 year deal...is huge.

I'm 100% factoring it in.

I'd rather trade him for a solid role player who is slightly worse talented but on a longer deal near the deadline, combined with a future 2nd, than this years 12th.

To make matters worse, they SHOULD want him to start for them, cos Shroeder is not a good starting point guard.

Bad trading and bad man management.

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2016, 07:45 PM

You never know how a draft is going to turn out. I remember everyone jumping out of the 2011 draft because it was supposedly weak.

It turned out to be one of the best drafts of the last couple decades. You never know, and the 12 pick is a valuable piece because of it.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 07:47 PM
Because they didn't get enough value in the trade.
The 12th pick is not a good pick this season.
They've lost their starting point guard for someone who may never have any impact on their team.

The fact they don't want him, and would rather have Schroeder, says alot to me as to how inept the FO is.

It's a typical crappy Atlanta trade. What is their goal this season?
If its the playoffs then this trade sucks, they could have got an actual player for him.
If its rebuilding its sucks more, cos the 12th pick in shallow draft is hopeless for rebuilding.

You realize Horford isn't coming back to play with the same team when nearly every team in the league would love to have him...right?

This move was to keep Horford by improving the team.

Just more of the same? You'd lose Horford and be forced to rebuild anyway...and you'd have nothing show for a player you don't want.

LOL...and stop pretending like you know there is no value at pick 12 this year. For all you know they move up or package it...and at least if they draft someone he has potential to be something this team wants.

I'll say it again...this team does not ****ing want Teague anymore...nor should they given what they see in Schroder.... and Teague's routine horrible scoring efficiency and nothing of note defense in the playoffs.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 07:51 PM
You never know how a draft is going to turn out. I remember everyone jumping out of the 2011 draft because it was supposedly weak.

It turned out to be one of the best drafts of the last couple decades. You never know, and the 12 pick is a valuable piece because of it.

As usual...this man gets it.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 07:54 PM

I'd rather trade him for a solid role player who is slightly worse talented but on a longer deal near the deadline, combined with a future 2nd, than this years 12th.

To make matters worse, they SHOULD want him to start for them, cos Shroeder is not a good starting point guard.

You are?

So you think a pg that doesn't play good defense and in the playoffs can't score at a reasonable efficiency level at all for many years...is really valuable when there is another guard on the team that seemed like a better fit in the most important games?

Your post above shows your ignorance on the situation. They don't have the luxury of keeping him and trading him at the deadline. This is about keeping Horford by convincing that team can improve around him.

Again, you aren't addressing the actual issues.

Meticode
06-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Teague is a good point guard, but he's got to be more aggressive. When the Hawks played the Cavs the last two years in the playoffs he just disappears and you don't even know he's on the court, but during the regular season he's burned our ass.

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Teague is a good point guard, but he's got to be more aggressive. When the Hawks played the Cavs the last two years in the playoffs he just disappears and you don't even know he's on the court, but during the regular season he's burned our ass.

Yep.

It's because when teams lock in and play better defense...he can't score efficiently.

He's a 50% TS player for his career in the playoffs. And that isn't good enough for a guard with his skillset in the other areas of the game.

Doesn't mean he's bad...he isn't by any means, but his scoring efficiency really hurts his impact in the playoffs vs the regular season.

Threezus
06-22-2016, 08:33 PM

You are wrong as Dennis is by far the more talented PG of the 2. He is much better defensively when you watch him in games and he is alot more fearless when it comes to taking the game over when need be.

He has shown more upside and talent than teague right now in his career than teague has his whole career. This is coming from a Hawks fan that loves Teague as a player and think the Pacers got a very solid PG that will make them better. But of the 2 i take the younger, more upside, more talented player to build my future team around. The only thing Dennis needs to work on that he was worse than teague at is securing the ball he has to many turnovers imo but that can be coached.

bdreason
06-22-2016, 08:34 PM
I like Schroeder, but he's a bottom 10 starting PG in a league stacked with talented PG's. This trade made the Hawks worse in the short term.

bdreason
06-22-2016, 08:37 PM
And paying Teague won't be an issue for the Pacers. The fact that they get a one year trial period is a bonus. The salary cap is exploding the next two seasons, and teams will be scrambling just to find players to give money too.

catzhernandez
06-22-2016, 09:15 PM
I notice a lot of guys completely writing off Teague for the Pacers... As though he's a scrub... But more importantly, that he'll be the same player in this new environment. Coach McMillan has a history of getting the most out of his PGs. Think of those old Blazers teams, or the Sonics of a decade ago. Teague will get every chance to reinvent himself in Indy. He just will... No more wondering if he's gonna be pulled for the sake of being pulled. Now is he insecure? Sure, he might be. But I've seen worse players regain confidence going to a new situation. The guy is a good player. We don't know if he packed it in in Atlanta. We don't know that. Can we question his heart because of it? Sure, if you want to. But my point is that he's going to be given every chance to start fresh. I think he can. It's a fun system in Indy with PG13, young Myles Turner, a plethora of shooters and a fresh coaching staff, I'm extremely optimistic for him. He's an upgrade over G Hill. Fact. Was Hill a nice defender? He was decent, but lateral move? Not even close. It would have been asinine to continue the mess at PG they've been stuck with for years now since they traded D Collison. But really, Indy hasn't had a pure point since Tinsley. Teague will have the chance to be that guy. And coach McMillan is a good coach to get him there.

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 12:13 AM
I notice a lot of guys completely writing off Teague for the Pacers... As though he's a scrub... But more importantly, that he'll be the same player in this new environment. Coach McMillan has a history of getting the most out of his PGs. Think of those old Blazers teams, or the Sonics of a decade ago. Teague will get every chance to reinvent himself in Indy. He just will... No more wondering if he's gonna be pulled for the sake of being pulled. Now is he insecure? Sure, he might be. But I've seen worse players regain confidence going to a new situation. The guy is a good player. We don't know if he packed it in in Atlanta. We don't know that. Can we question his heart because of it? Sure, if you want to. But my point is that he's going to be given every chance to start fresh. I think he can. It's a fun system in Indy with PG13, young Myles Turner, a plethora of shooters and a fresh coaching staff, I'm extremely optimistic for him. He's an upgrade over G Hill. Fact. Was Hill a nice defender? He was decent, but lateral move? Not even close. It would have been asinine to continue the mess at PG they've been stuck with for years now since they traded D Collison. But really, Indy hasn't had a pure point since Tinsley. Teague will have the chance to be that guy. And coach McMillan is a good coach to get him there.

I don't think people think he's a scrub, but when your efficiency drops that much consistently when the games matter the most over this long...it's hard to think it's going to just greatly improve on a new team.

Is he a good player? Yes...of course, but he's been an incredibly inefficient pg in the playoffs for his career and he doesn't do a lot else of note to make up for it.

Turning him into a lottery pick when you don't want or need him...and he's on an expiring contract is just smart for the Hawks in a vacuum.

But the real reason it's such an obvious move is that Horford isn't coming back for the same old crap, but if they can turn the 12 pick and something else into a rotation guy that moves the needle...maybe he will. That is what this is about.

bdreason
06-23-2016, 12:27 AM
But the real reason it's such an obvious move is that Horford isn't coming back for the same old crap, but if they can turn the 12 pick and something else into a rotation guy that moves the needle...maybe he will. That is what this is about.

Al Horford is 30 years old. Trading an established, All-Star PG for a teenage prospect is the opposite of what the Hawks should do to retain an aging All-Star.

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 12:35 AM
Al Horford is 30 years old. Trading an established, All-Star PG for a teenage prospect is the opposite of what the Hawks should do to retain an aging All-Star.

I earlier said they were likely trying to package the pick and make a move...because it seemed obvious. Then reports came out that they were doing exactly that...packaging the 21 and the 12 and trying to add a player.

People are reporting that this is all an attempt to keep Horford.

Exactly about Horford. He's now 30...he likely wants to contend and win. And if so, why would he come back to the same old Hawks that have no chance at all to actually contend?

Also, we have to stop over-rating Teague and what he has been so far. Could he improve next year? Of course, anything is possible. However, he's been a shit playoff player his entire career and when the games matter most...hasn't done anything that warrants him being thought of as highly as you and others do.

He's not a great defender, he doesn't rebound the ball particularly well for his position, he doesn't manage a game that well, he's an okay creator / passer on he move, he's highly inefficient...and he settles for bad shots (especially in the playoffs) too often.

Again, he's a career 50% TS player in the playoffs. He hasn't a playoffs over 53% TS since 2011. That just isn't cutting it. Sorry...

catzhernandez
06-23-2016, 12:57 AM
I earlier said they were likely trying to package the pick and make a move...because it seemed obvious. Then reports came out that they were doing exactly that...packaging the 21 and the 12 and trying to add a player.

People are reporting that this is all an attempt to keep Horford.

Exactly about Horford. He's now 30...he likely wants to contend and win. And if so, why would he come back to the same old Hawks that have no chance at all to actually contend?

Also, we have to stop over-rating Teague and what he has been so far. Could he improve next year? Of course, anything is possible. However, he's been a shit playoff player his entire career and when the games matter most...hasn't done anything that warrants him being thought of as highly as you and others do.

He's not a great defender, he doesn't rebound the ball particularly well for his position, he doesn't manage a game that well, he's an okay creator / passer on he move, he's highly inefficient...and he settles for bad shots (especially in the playoffs) too often.

Again, he's a career 50% TS player in the playoffs. He hasn't a playoffs over 53% TS since 2011. That just isn't cutting it. Sorry...
I don't completely agree with you on that. The stats really don't even completely back it up. His FG% is at 43% down from 48% for his career, okay. And his 3pt% is slightly lower... But his scoring average is just a little higher, basically on par with his regular season totals... But more importantly, his FT% is higher. The guy is the top driving PG in the NBA, did you know that? He averages one drive to the rim every 2.5 minutes. George Hill was 100th in the NBA at one drive per every 9.7 minutes. He's aggressive, and his free throw percentage increases in crunch time. Let's give him some credit.

G-train
06-23-2016, 01:32 AM

I know that Teague is a good point guard that was very poorly coached last season.

I know that after pick 8, this draft dies in the ass.

'you never know' < what you do know.

G-train
06-23-2016, 01:34 AM
Your post above shows your ignorance on the situation. They don't have the luxury of keeping him and trading him at the deadline. This is about keeping Horford by convincing that team can improve around him.

Makes no sense.
It's about keeping Horford, so they trade their starting point guard for the 12th pick in a shallow draft?

Sportal
06-23-2016, 01:38 AM
Nice move by Pacers. I feel they needed a good PG. Teague can be pretty damn good, sometimes..

G-train
06-23-2016, 01:39 AM
LOL...and stop pretending like you know there is no value at pick 12 this year. For all you know they move up or package it...and at least if they draft someone he has potential to be something this team wants.

I don't pretend anything.
I've studied basketball my whole life, and I know this draft.
They could package it, but only to another dumb team, cos no one wants picks past 8, or they at least wont give up much for them.

Add this trade to the 'Tim Hardaway Jnr for a first' trade junk pile.

wally_world
06-23-2016, 03:01 AM
Surprised Hawks couldnt get more for Teague

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-23-2016, 03:24 AM
I actually like the deal for the Hawks. I've also heard the rumors they're gonna try to package up. But even if they keep #12, they can get a solid big like Ellenson or Poeltl or wing like Korkmaz or Denzel if they wanna reach. All those players can probably be great steals under Bud.

I...appreciate it for the Pacers. Not sure they really get better, and I'm starting to wonder if Bird really knows wtf he's doing. But they should still be competitive if they can get some bigs.

Jazz? I dig it. I'm really big on the Jazz to finally make the playoffs this season (as I've been tempted to pick the past...god, 2 or 3 years?). I think Hill is an obvious upgrade over Mack/Neto/Burke that he's worth that extra 2-4 wins they need to sneak in the playoffs.

Overall, I think Hawks and Jazz win it.

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 05:12 AM
I don't pretend anything.
I've studied basketball my whole life, and I know this draft.
They could package it, but only to another dumb team, cos no one wants picks past 8, or they at least wont give up much for them.

Add this trade to the 'Tim Hardaway Jnr for a first' trade junk pile.

This is flatly false...lottery picks are sought after by teams.

So you've studied basketball your whole life and you think the value of an expiring point that a team doesn't want...that crumbles in the playoffs year after year...is a lot higher than 12th pick in the draft?

Like...you either have not studied basketball all your life...or you are ignorant on many aspects of the game.

In addition, you keep failing to acknowledge that this move was done in order to try and build a better team to keep Horford and potentially Bazemore. You think the Hawks haven't had conversations with Horford in some shape or form through an agent? It's obvious to literally everyone but you that Horford is likely gone unless this team gets better...hence why the Hawks are scrambling to try and improve the roster.

Play it down your way just for a second and actually think. So you want the Hawks to keep Teague...and lets say they sign Horford and Bazemore and run it back. So they'll win 49 games or whatever again and maybe make the 2nd round....whatever it's fine.

But then what do they do with Teague? He's an ufa iirc...do you want them to pay him and keep him long term? Do they pay Schroder as well?

Please tell me the plan.

Lastly, please at least acknowledge how bad Teague has been in the playoffs virtually his entire career. His scoring efficiency plummets and he simply doesn't have game / skillset to make up for it. Why are you so hell bent on keeping a player that has a 15.6 PER and shoots 50% TS over the last 5 years in the playoffs...and does nothing else of note? That just is not a player worthy of the kind of talk you are giving him. Ultimately nobody cares that he's a good regular season player....it's about the playoffs.

coin24
06-23-2016, 07:03 AM
Don't the Jazz already have a few point guards?? Exum (any updates on him btw) and what's the other guys name?

I think this makes the pacers slightly better, hill goes MIA too much for my liking.

Cawks, no idea what they're doing.. That's standard though

Dray n Klay
06-23-2016, 07:08 AM
:( :cry:

Its alright, baby-boy :hammertime: :yaohappy:

coin24
06-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Its alright, baby-boy :hammertime: :yaohappy:

You need help

Dr Seuss
06-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Don't the Jazz already have a few point guards??

not really anyone good, though. exum willl still need to learn how to be a pg when he gets healthy(jazz fans is he a long term PG, or defensive minded SG?), jazz fans and coachingt? seem to hate trey, which resulted in the defensive minded neto starting over him.

they traded (or picked up?) for s.mack and he instantly became their best pg. so yeah, the trade for hill really improves them in that position. hill is a pretty underrated PG, and shines best when the team allows him to be a main ball handler. Indiana added ellis and the return of PG made hill sort of an afterthought on that team.

Dro
06-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Traded 1 hometown kid for another. In case folks didn't know Teague is also from Naptown so this may be good for him. Don't like the pairing with Ellis, would prefer Ellis to come off the bench and get a real 3 and d guy at sg.

jayfan
06-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Mack ran the offense better than anyone else has. Looked like a pg to me.

He's a pg, but a backup pg. He did ok, but you've got to upgrade from him. Also, he likes to shoot too much for a guy who doesn't shoot very well.

jayfan
06-23-2016, 05:08 PM
Lots of Indiana/Atlanta criticism. What about Utah?

I don't get this trade for the Jazz. They gave up #12 for potentially a 1 yr rental.

G-train
06-23-2016, 06:46 PM
This is flatly false...lottery picks are sought after by teams.

So you've studied basketball your whole life and you think the value of an expiring point that a team doesn't want...that crumbles in the playoffs year after year...is a lot higher than 12th pick in the draft?

Like...you either have not studied basketball all your life...or you are ignorant on many aspects of the game.

In addition, you keep failing to acknowledge that this move was done in order to try and build a better team to keep Horford and potentially Bazemore. You think the Hawks haven't had conversations with Horford in some shape or form through an agent? It's obvious to literally everyone but you that Horford is likely gone unless this team gets better...hence why the Hawks are scrambling to try and improve the roster.

Play it down your way just for a second and actually think. So you want the Hawks to keep Teague...and lets say they sign Horford and Bazemore and run it back. So they'll win 49 games or whatever again and maybe make the 2nd round....whatever it's fine.

But then what do they do with Teague? He's an ufa iirc...do you want them to pay him and keep him long term? Do they pay Schroder as well?

Please tell me the plan.

Lastly, please at least acknowledge how bad Teague has been in the playoffs virtually his entire career. His scoring efficiency plummets and he simply doesn't have game / skillset to make up for it. Why are you so hell bent on keeping a player that has a 15.6 PER and shoots 50% TS over the last 5 years in the playoffs...and does nothing else of note? That just is not a player worthy of the kind of talk you are giving him. Ultimately nobody cares that he's a good regular season player....it's about the playoffs.

You still don't get it.

The 12th pick is GENERALLY valuable.

But the 12th pick is not a number, its a PLAYER.

And the draft NOSEDIVES well below Teague's value in a trade after pick 8 in the 2016 draft.

Meanwhile:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 49m
"League executives say that there continues to be a great effort by teams to move out of the mid-to-late first-round."
I would say Anyone after 9 is making this effort. And I consider 12 around the middle of the draft.

G-train
06-23-2016, 06:49 PM
I don't care if they want to trade Teague. He is a good NBA player, a solid starter that's for sure. Has had good games and bad games in playoffs, also had his minutes played with and confidence shredded by their coach.

But, he is worth more than the dud they will get at 12.
He's a 28 year old starting point guard, proven commodity.
The 12th pick is GARBAGE in this draft.

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 06:52 PM
You still don't get it.

The 12th pick is GENERALLY valuable.

But the 12th pick is not a number, its a PLAYER.

And the draft NOSEDIVES well below Teague's value in a trade after pick 8 in the 2016 draft.

Meanwhile:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 49m
"League executives say that there continues to be a great effort by teams to move out of the mid-to-late first-round."
I would say Anyone after 9 is making this effort. And I consider 12 around the middle of the draft.

And you still don't get it...it's better than holding a player in Teague that might drive Horford away while adding nothing of note to the Hawks and walking in free agency because they have no interest in keeping him.

You once again are simply ignoring the actual point and argument. Is that anything of a return and a better chance to keep Horford is better than keeping a player you don't want...who sucks in the playoffs seemingly every year in his role on the Hawks.

Thad Young just got moved for the 20th pick....he's not expiring...not the best contract, but not terrible either. I'd say getting the 12 for the Hawks looks even better after that move.

But hey...gotta do everything you can to hold onto a horribly inefficient guard in the playoffs that does nothing of note for you...and keeping him prevents you from getting better and doesn't leave you enough money to sign the guys that actually move the needle.

Hotlantadude81
06-23-2016, 08:22 PM
The Hawks are falling out of the playoffs most likely.

Xiao Yao You
06-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Don't the Jazz already have a few point guards?? Exum (any updates on him btw) and what's the other guys name?

Exum started contact recently. They have Mack who I'd start at the one and Neto who I'd have backing him up. Hill I'd start at the 2. Get rid of Burke. Exum has to prove he can play still.

not really anyone good, though.
They've all shown something. No one great yet.

exum willl still need to learn how to be a pg when he gets healthy(jazz fans is he a long term PG, or defensive minded SG?)

Hard to say based on what we've seen. He could guard ones but offensively he didn't show us much. Right now I'd say if he can still defend and hit an open corner 3 I'd be happy for starters. Say he's changed his shot.

, jazz fans and coachingt? seem to hate trey, which resulted in the defensive minded neto starting over him.

Neto is an NBA player. Not sure Burke is. He can't defend or hit 3's.

He's a pg, but a backup pg. He did ok, but you've got to upgrade from him. Also, he likes to shoot too much for a guy who doesn't shoot very well.

I'd agree he's ideally a back-up but he was more than solid for them for a 3rd pg. He was one of their best players and ran the offense better than anyone since Deron I'd say. I thought he shot pretty well. Better than I expected. His 3 looked good from the corner and side. Has the best floater on the team. It was money.

I don't get this trade for the Jazz. They gave up #12 for potentially a 1 yr rental.

Obviously they weren't that enamored by their other options so they made this deal for a player that Hayward, the GM and coach all know and like. Sounds like he's happy to be there and hopes to stay. They should have made a deal like this a year ago. Nice to see them actually not tanking again. I missed those days. :cheers:

G-train
06-30-2016, 01:33 AM
So how is Jeff Teague for Taurean Prince looking.
SMH.
Horrible.

DMAVS41
06-30-2016, 01:39 AM
So how is Jeff Teague for Taurean Prince looking.
SMH.
Horrible.

It's unbelievable how simple minded some people are.

How many times do you have to have it explained to you that the Hawks did not want Teague. They wanted his money off the books, didn't want to watch him suck in the playoffs yet again, and didn't want to be stuck with having to pay him.

Nobody is giving up something of a ton of value for an expiring Jeff Teague that sucks every year in the playoffs.

Getting a lottery pick is at the absolute top of the return range. I've heard nobody that knows their shit think the Hawks got taken in that traded.

Only thing I've heard...and I've said...is that the Pacers lost the best player in the trade.

And if they didn't open up the space/potential to improve the roster and pay Horford...it wouldn't matter anyway because if Horford goes...the franchise has to start over. And Teague without a contract going forward isn't helping any of that.

G-train
06-30-2016, 02:04 AM
They traded a good starter for Prince.
It's horrible, a future first would be better.
My whole point all along was that this draft stunk after pick 9 or so, and he too good to simply trade for relief.
I was 100% correct, as would anyone be if they were on top of all the prospects.

This trade was stupid.
You trade the likes of Bogut or Asik or Pek do get money off books.
Not someone good. He;s had good and bad playoffs games. He is definitely a solid starter.

If anything you are completely close minded and have no idea about reality of building a team.
How many times do you have to be told the 12th pick had NO VALUE in REALITY.
They traded a good player for GARBAGE.

Sure TRADE the guy. But not for GARBAGE. Not just to CLEAR SPACE. He's too good just for space.

This is a fantasy trade made on numbers and analytics, not REALITY.

You can trade Teague at any time for someone that will help at least somewhat.

YES I understand you can want space. But open your mind.
Once again, they didn't need to clear his contract. They have 40m cap space with him.

Not only that, they are stuck with Schroeder at point guard, who is entirely unproven, and has an attitude problem.

Not only that, Teague was making $8m. Prince, who will have no impact for them, will make $2.5m. So they traded someone that can help them, or could get someone that could help them, for $5.5 relief.
When they already have $40m in space.

Atlanta stinks. I will eat my words if they get Durant and Hassan Whiteside. Otherwise they gave up a good player for someone who wont help for years, if ever.

Without Teague, they are even less attractive than what they already are for free agents. No one is coming to play with that french brat.

They immediately attempted to package the pick with 21 cos it stunk, and failed. And now they won't even get a meeting with Durant.

What a stuff up.

They traded a guy for CAP SPACE, who would be a top 15-20 free agent if he was available.

Stupid beyond words.

DMAVS41
06-30-2016, 02:29 AM
If you think Teague is the difference between getting a meeting with Durant and not...just :roll:

You don't know how good the draft pick will be, but that wasn't even the point of the trade. They weren't trying to land a great draft pick.

They were trying to get a trade package together to improve the roster....and worst case scenario is you get rid of a player you don't want and a get a guy on a rookie contract.

You are exactly the problem poorly run franchises have. They over value players that don't move the needle on non contending teams.

There was no "win" scenario in keeping Teague.

What you aren't realizing is the difficult position the Hawks are in with Bazemore and Horford.

Until you realize that...you'll keep thinking Teague is something of note for the Hawks. He isn't and never was...at least not when the games actually mattered.

SwishSquared
06-30-2016, 03:57 PM
I liked this move for the Jazz, and I thought that ATL got a fantastic return nabbing #12 for Teague. I actually think Indy came out the worst in this deal, as they downgraded imo at point guard and lost out on the lotto pick.

I think ATL reached for Prince at #12, but I get why they did it. They probably would have been better off imo with Baldwin and Luwawu.