PDA

View Full Version : Has any NBA player ever had a rougher Finals than Curry?

CJ Mustard
06-22-2016, 02:53 PM
- Played like trash from start to finish
- Dropped ugly ass shoes that got clowned world wide, including by big corporations/media outlets.
- Got blocked and taunted by Lebron repeatedly.
- Got severely outplayed by his PG match up
- Loses his shit after getting fouled out and fined 25k
- Wife posts an embarrasingly salty tweet about the league being rigged
- Team blows a 3-1 series lead
- Got the championship winning shot drained right in his face
- Played like ass in the most important game of his life, and pretty much cost his team the game with his hero ball.

Nilocon165
06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
The fact that they almost won game 7 is ridiculous. Currys team is STACKED

Rolando
06-22-2016, 02:58 PM
- Dropped ugly ass shoes that got clowned world wide, including by big corporations/media outlets.
- Played like ass in the most important game of his life, and pretty much cost his team the game with his hero ball.

Absolutely.

Springsteen
06-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Don't forget

- Kevin freakin' Love locked down his ass on the most important play of the game

swagga
06-22-2016, 03:45 PM

steph cucky ... he took it in the ass like a champ tbh.

riseagainst
06-22-2016, 04:02 PM
absolutely. Curry is straight trash. Draymond is the real MVP of his team and the best player.

Micku
06-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Don't forget

- Kevin freakin' Love locked down his ass on the most important play of the game

Eck. The whole time, I was thinking just drive on him. Go to the rim and get fouled or sumthin'. Dang man.

Well, the only person I can think of that had this bad of finals is LeBron James 2011. Magic had a screw up in 1984, but he didn't play like trash throughout the series. He screwed up in the clutch. Mchale also didn't play to his standards in 84.

Hakeem made Ewing his bitch in the 1994 finals.

SouBeachTalents
06-22-2016, 04:51 PM
LeBron's 2011 comes to mind

Living Being
06-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Yep, Curry with the PTSD now.

Quickening
06-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Kobe 2004 was terrible

clipps
06-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Curry's confidence is completely shattered. Will he recover from this? Or is he gonna come in next season playing like trash and the Warriors win 50 game max?

kamil
06-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Right up with LeBrons* 2011 stinker. Probably worse though given the historic season Curry had and the 73-9 record (gotta keep things in perspective).

CarlosBoozer
06-22-2016, 07:03 PM
2011 Bron but that was with a new team that had some chemistry problems at first
Curry literally went from mvp player to 3pt chucker with no defense that entire series...

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2016, 07:07 PM
Listen, I'm not here to gloat about how things played out. For one thing, it wouldn't surprise me if we had the same Finals matchup for the third time in a row next year. The Warriors are still a very good team and they're going to be more motivated than ever to take it a little easier in the regular season with their eyes on the thing that actually matters, the way the Cavs did this year.

That said, it was pretty bad.

Forget that people were saying he had supplanted LeBron as the best player in the league going into the series. I never thought that was the case, but some people did.

If you just focus solely on what Kyrie Irving did to Curry in that Finals, it is bad enough. Dude averaged 27+/4/4/2+ on 47/41/94 splits and, in the last four games of the series, Kyrie averaged 31 points on 51% from the field.

Worse, the majority of those numbers came against Klay Thompson, because Curry was so inadequate in putting up a fight defensively. And, Steph had just one "good" game in the series. It wasn't close to a great game, but just "good."

It was bad.

I know Curry is a really good player. But, jesus... that was a pretty rough way to get humbled.

allball
06-22-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm a huge LeBron fan but 2011 was brutal.

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm a huge LeBron fan but 2011 was brutal.
It was definitely harsh, but at least he was able to help defensively and on the boards and whatnot. Curry was sort of getting emasculated on both ends.