PDA

View Full Version : If Kevin Durant stays put, the Warriors might want Dirk Nowitzki

Lebron23
06-22-2016, 07:40 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Golden+State+Warriors+v+Dallas+Mavericks+NP4dzoBJD dKl.jpg

[quote]After falling mere minutes short of capping the greatest regular season in NBA history with a second straight NBA championship, the Golden State Warriors now face a summer of questions. The biggest one, as has been discussed for months, is whether they're really going to make a run at unrestricted free agent, former NBA Most Valuable Player, recent Warrior nemesis and soon-to-be Team USA linchpin Kevin Durant. According to a post-NBA Finals report from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, though, there might soon be another one, about another former NBA MVP, another former Warrior nemesis, and another future Hall of Famer who could be on the market: Dallas Mavericks power forward Dirk Nowitzki.

[Follow Dunks Don't Lie on Tumblr: The best slams from all of basketball]

[...] if you know [owner Joe] Lacob, [general manager Bob] Myers and the entire makeup of this management group, the Game 7 loss to Cleveland on Sunday absolutely flipped the turbo switch

Lebron23
06-22-2016, 07:41 PM
[quote]Where that came from, in all likelihood, was the 38-year-old Nowitzki's own statement that he's not interested in rebuilding at this stage of the game. From Reuters, back in April:

"When I signed on for three years a couple years ago, my intention was always to finish this contract," Nowitzki told reporters. "But ... I always said that the last couple of years that I never want to be part of any rebuilding.

"Next season I'll be 38. But as long we go for it, and every summer we add guys and keep competing then I'll be a Mav for the rest of my career."

After losing out on top free-agent center DeAndre Jordan last summer, though, and facing the possibility of forward Chandler Parsons pursuing greener pastures this summer, it's at least conceivable

Thunderfan86
06-22-2016, 07:43 PM
They won't get Dirk or KD, period

DMAVS41
06-22-2016, 08:14 PM
Hopefully this lights a fire under the Mavs.

Come on Conley!

feyki
06-22-2016, 08:40 PM
Hopefully this lights a fire under the Mavs.

Come on Conley!

Duncan is done , West is weak beside of two teams ; time to move on . One last shot for Dirk .

ArbitraryWater
06-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Duncan is done , West is weak beside of two teams ; time to move on . One last shot for Dirk .

Spurs wont miss Duncan that much.. just won 67 games with him playing 25 mpg

Lebron23
06-22-2016, 09:00 PM

This

I love to see Dirk sign with the Cavs. LeBron can take a pay cut.

feyki
06-22-2016, 09:08 PM

Yea , They didn't miss him in the playoffs ( They would passed Thunder with 2015 Duncan ) .

CuterThanRubio
06-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Durant needs to escape from Westbrick, his window is closing rapidly, I think joining the Wizards would be the smartest idea, Warriors are more complete but I feel like he would do better on a team where he is the focal point with a pass first pg.