06-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Is Damian Lillard a superstar?

FireDavidKahn
06-22-2016, 11:45 PM
LOL,

No

AcquiringSteak
06-23-2016, 12:12 AM
No he's a star. Only superstars in this league are Lebron and KD.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-23-2016, 02:17 AM
No he's a star. Only superstars in this league are Lebron and KD.
what defines a superstar? Sincere question.

I think a superstar has to have off-court appeal/a great brand, while also being an elite centerpiece for a franchise. I believe he fits the criteria.

I'd say he's a superstar.

AcquiringSteak
06-23-2016, 02:53 AM
what defines a superstar? Sincere question

Good question. Superstar in my books is top elite performance sustained for multiple years and elevating your team to new horizons. Look at KD's stats, sustaining elite performance for 8 years in a row, lebron for 10+ years.

Under your criteria yes, he's a superstar, but I think he's still got to elevate the team to new heights, sustain his performance for a few more years to prove his superstardom to me. He's a solid player for sure, but hard to say for me if he's reached superstardom yet.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-23-2016, 03:07 AM
Good question. Superstar in my books is top elite performance sustained for multiple years and elevating your team to new horizons. Look at KD's stats, sustaining elite performance for 8 years in a row, lebron for 10+ years.

Under your criteria yes, he's a superstar, but I think he's still got to elevate the team to new heights, sustain his performance for a few more years to prove his superstardom to me. He's a solid player for sure, but hard to say for me if he's reached superstardom yet.
I admit, I like the idea of longevity/sustainability fo sho. It makes sense. I guess i'm influenced by the immediate gratification/in-the-moment type of mindset, as is so heavily the case in our culture and the league itself, imo. But I definitely feel you.

Nick Young
06-23-2016, 03:15 AM
No.

He is a low percentage chucker.

Let's be real, dude isn't even an all star this year:lol

fourkicks44
06-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Yes for sure.

SilkkTheShocker
06-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Definitely not.