PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Meant It

LeBird
06-23-2016, 11:40 AM
LeBron James has the Greatest NBA story ever told and it is still being written. I went back to the ESPN article that announced him going back to Cleveland. Reading it now makes it feel even heavier than it did then. It came out of the blue, it was a great bit of PR even if at the same time it was completely genuine.

On reflection, it reads even more beautifully because you know he meant every word:

http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/styles/si_article_main/public/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers.jpg

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.

FultzNationRISE
07-29-2022, 09:37 PM
https://youtu.be/0YjSHbA6HQQ

****ing CHILLS.

PeroAntic
07-29-2022, 10:48 PM
Went from promising 'not six, not seven' in Miami, to promising to bring one trophy back to Ohio. Guess it was a bit of a reality check to find out that even with collusion rings are not easy to win. On one hand other stars will follow your example and level the field, and on the other, organic developed teams are still better than star collection.

Bonus: he says he will stay at Cleveland and he still goes to LA to collude and chase some more rings. So once again he still didn't fulfill the promise he made:lol

Shooter
07-30-2022, 11:27 AM
Went from promising 'not six, not seven' in Miami, to promising to bring one trophy back to Ohio. Guess it was a bit of a reality check to find out that even with collusion rings are not easy to win. On one hand other stars will follow your example and level the field, and on the other, organic developed teams are still better than star collection.

Bonus: he says he will stay at Cleveland and he still goes to LA to collude and chase some more rings. So once again he still didn't fulfill the promise he made:lol

Collusions rings are easy to win. Ask Steph & KD.

GOAT rings (See: 2012, 2013, 2016) are not.

FultzNationRISE
07-30-2022, 11:38 AM

:lebronamazed:

https://veritusgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/truthbomb-big-2020-Oct28.jpg

RRR3
07-30-2022, 12:04 PM

Boiling. Rose has never won shit :lol

PeroAntic
07-30-2022, 02:58 PM
Boiling. Rose has never won shit :lol

Can't refute anything so deflect to Rose. classic:lol

Johnny32
07-30-2022, 03:25 PM
"It's hard where a guy, he's running at top speed, he can easily catch up with you," said Rose. "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you."

8Ball
07-30-2022, 07:53 PM

2016 ring is the most valuable ring ever.

Jordan never took down an impossible juggernaut.

PeroAntic
07-30-2022, 08:34 PM
"It's hard where a guy, he's running at top speed, he can easily catch up with you," said Rose. "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you."

Yes yes we know Lebron is big and fast. He still needed multiple collusions and team hopping to get his four rings. Sorry