PDA

View Full Version : Where Is The Praise For Sam Hinkie?

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 01:20 PM
He is the reason they are getting Simmons and whatever they get back for Okafor or Noel.

He put them in a great spot for the future but they decided to can his ass (blah blah he resigned, but all of his power was being taken away:oldlol: ) just as things started to turn around.

chocolatethunder
06-23-2016, 01:22 PM
You're annoying as hell. And I actually like the Wolves.

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 01:29 PM
You're annoying as hell. And I actually like the Wolves.
This is a serious take.

Embiid
Okafor
Noel
Simmons

That's nice but they overlap a lot. All of that is from Sam Hinkie, plus whatever they get from trading either Okafor or Noel.

Carbine
06-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Hinkie did a fantastic job. There is more than one way to build a contender - he chose this route and they stuck with the plan. It should pay off with Simmons + the assets they have obtained.

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 01:34 PM
Hinkie did a fantastic job. There is more than one way to build a contender - he chose this route and they stuck with the plan. It should pay off with Simmons + the assets they have obtained.
Exactly, but sadly Hinkie will be looked back as a trash GM. Dude went the right path and Philly finally is getting some great talent together, even though a lot of it overlaps.

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 01:40 PM
He is the reason they are getting Simmons and whatever they get back for Okafor or Noel.

He put them in a great spot for the future but they decided to can his ass (blah blah he resigned, but all of his power was being taken away:oldlol: ) just as things started to turn around.

Totally agree.

He won nearly every trade he made...and while MCW was a bad pick and didn't make sense....he did an amazing job overall while having the balls to do it his way.

He put the team in the best place to have the brightest future in the coming years during his 3 years...or was it actually less? LOL

I almost kind of hope Simmons is a total bust and the Sixers suck for the next decade just they don't get to enjoy a life they never would have had if not for Sam.

NuggetsFan
06-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Totally agree.

He won nearly every trade he made...and while MCW was a bad pick and didn't make sense....he did an amazing job overall while having the balls to do it his way.

He put the team in the best place to have the brightest future in the coming years during his 3 years...or was it actually less? LOL

I almost kind of hope Simmons is a total bust and the Sixers suck for the next decade just they don't get to enjoy a life they never would have had if not for Sam.

I will never understand why people thought Hinkie was a bad GM. Sixers weren't even tanking THAT long. Not like they were Minny and or the Kings. They were just so bad made it feel like a bigger deal. Only reason they were that bad is because Hinkie avoided stop gaps that could have made them win 25-26 games instead of 17.

They still have that potential Lakers pick too. Next year they could add two more lottery picks depending on what the current FO does.

Sarcastic
06-23-2016, 03:05 PM
This is a serious take.

Embiid
Okafor
Noel
Simmons

That's nice but they overlap a lot. All of that is from Sam Hinkie, plus whatever they get from trading either Okafor or Noel.

With no wins to show for it. All he did was collect assets, with no team building in mind. A monkey could do that. Putting together a team that does nothing but lose is not hard. A team that wins is EXTREMELY hard to assemble.

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 03:10 PM
With no wins to show for it. All he did was collect assets, with no team building in mind. A monkey could do that. Putting together a team that does nothing but lose is not hard. A team that wins is EXTREMELY hard to assemble.
:facepalm Hinkie's plan wasn't to get wins, it was to get great talent at the top of the lottery...which he did.

great talent = wins.

Sarcastic
06-23-2016, 03:14 PM
:facepalm Hinkie's plan wasn't to get wins, it was to get great talent at the top of the lottery...which he did.

great talent = wins.

No shit Sherlock. Losing is easy. Sixers could've left the position vacant and get the same results.

I understand why they did it. But to praise it is ridiculous. It's not hard at all.

HurricaneKid
06-23-2016, 03:16 PM

So why haven't the Knicks collected any assets OR win?

hinkie absolutely collected phenomenal assets. And if Embiid can play... If Saric can play... If Simmons can play... If the Lakers pick conveys next year, or goes unprotected the following year... He could very well have put together a juggernaut while people whisper about how awful he was.

Sarcastic
06-23-2016, 03:21 PM
So why haven't the Knicks collected any assets OR win?

hinkie absolutely collected phenomenal assets. And if Embiid can play... If Saric can play... If Simmons can play... If the Lakers pick conveys next year, or goes unprotected the following year... He could very well have put together a juggernaut while people whisper about how awful he was.

Because they're stupid too and trade them all away.

Regardless, Porzingis is a better asset than anything the Sixers have , and Hinkie passed on him. He had a chance to get Booker too, and passed on him too. All he did was collect centers and pfs that can't/won't work together.

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Troglodytes that think Hinkie did nothing but lose don't even know wtf he did.

In addition to getting high lottery picks, and the 1st overall for Simmons!, he

Acquired:

1st round pick for Jrue Holiday
1st round pick + Dario Saric for Elfrid Payton
1st round pick as part of the Philly/Minny/Cleveland trade
1st round pick (lakers top 3 protected next year) for MCW
1st round pick to take on Chukwudiebere Maduabum and JaVale McGee
1st round from the Kings (have right to swap 16 and 17, otherwise conveyed in 18) for taking on Carl Landry, Nik Stauskas and Jason Thompson

But no, all he did was lose. :facepalm

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 03:23 PM
No shit Sherlock. Losing is easy. Sixers could've left the position vacant and get the same results.

I understand why they did it. But to praise it is ridiculous. It's not hard at all.
You don't even understand or know half of what Hinkie even did.

Sarcastic
06-23-2016, 03:27 PM
You don't even understand or know half of what Hinkie even did.

I know exactly what he did. What he did is not hard. Any team willing to go through 3 years or purposeful losing can do it.

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 03:27 PM
I know exactly what he did. What he did is not hard. Any team willing to go through 3 years or purposeful losing can do it.
Did you even read my post of what Hinkie did?

Of course not.

Sarcastic
06-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Did you even read my post of what Hinkie did?

Of course not.

Of course I did. Why didn't you list releasing Ish Smith only to trade assets for him later on?

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Of course I did. Why didn't you list releasing Ish Smith only to trade assets for him later on?
I only decided to list the 1st round picks he acquired. here is all the transactions he made as a GM.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/hinkisa99x.html

Sarcastic
06-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Look I understand that you don't have the business knowledge or acumen to understand that there is more to being a GM than just collecting assets. Each NBA team is a real business, with real business needs. There are business relationships to build and maintain. They have to sell season tickets, sell to local advertisers, contribute to revenue sharing, etc, etc. If you're a local business in Philadelphia, why in the world would you want to connect your business' name to a losing franchise, when you can just go advertise with the Eagles or Flyers? If you're the TV station in Philly, why would you want to carry the games of a team that is nearly guaranteed to lose? There is only so much losing that a team can take, before the culture of the team becomes toxic to the point, that players don't even want to be there.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fnxGcIXG--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/q7yh3uttze4md2pwfccb.gif

Okafor was so disgusted to hold that jersey, he wiped his hands on his pants afterwards :roll:

Styles p
06-23-2016, 04:17 PM
hinkie is a god and a martyr. another asset people forget we have is the kings first round pick in 2019 the year cousins is a free agent and probably leaves. plus we can swap our picks with them too, and you know they're gonna be cheeks.

Sarcastic
06-23-2016, 04:29 PM
OP's agenda is achieved. This thread is a circle jerk to him.

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 04:33 PM
OP's agenda is achieved. This thread is a circle jerk to him.
Sorry for using logic

fourkicks44
06-23-2016, 04:47 PM
If you think it's bullshit take a walk!

Thank you Hinkie!

:cheers:

branslowski
06-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Sixers would have tanked regardless of Hinkie being there or not...Honestly, the dude truly knows nothing about basketball and at the end of the day, he was a well used pawn. He's just a glorified rich scape goat the Sixers used to ease the pressure that was coming from the Philadelphia fans. He playex his part in taking the blame, n now that Sixers are getting their ducks in a row its now time to move forward with better BASKETBALL minds.

Also I like that Philly is shopping Noel, but I kinda like Okafor, he has major upside imo. But I guess it wouldn't be a problem to trade him if you can get a Kris Dunne, Murray or Hield in the draft..Either way these moves should get Sixers back on the map, ain't been relevant since Iverson and haven't had this much buzz in Philly since the trade that brought C-Webb to over.

branslowski
06-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Look I understand that you don't have the business knowledge or acumen to understand that there is more to being a GM than just collecting assets. Each NBA team is a real business, with real business needs. There are business relationships to build and maintain. They have to sell season tickets, sell to local advertisers, contribute to revenue sharing, etc, etc. If you're a local business in Philadelphia, why in the world would you want to connect your business' name to a losing franchise, when you can just go advertise with the Eagles or Flyers? If you're the TV station in Philly, why would you want to carry the games of a team that is nearly guaranteed to lose? There is only so much losing that a team can take, before the culture of the team becomes toxic to the point, that players don't even want to be there.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fnxGcIXG--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/q7yh3uttze4md2pwfccb.gif

Okafor was so disgusted to hold that jersey, he wiped his hands on his pants afterwards :roll:

This. Although its one thing to lose but to not have a true star to market is the true setback. Cause when Iverson was there regardless of losing you had something to watch and be hopeful for, so CSN always had views.

SummrtimeEmbiid
06-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Hinkie did his job as an asset collector, but that doesn't negate the fact his time was up in Philly. Being in charge of a professional sports team is deeper than collecting assets, that's the nerd part of sh*t he & Morey (& OP on a good day) have down. It's the actual human side like building relationships & culture that they fail at; that's the important sh*t. No one was signing up to play for the 76ers as long as he was in charge. NO ONE. Dude practically punted on free agency his entire tenure, no agent was leading his client to the Sixers as long as he was in charge.