PDA

View Full Version : Thad Young traded to Indiana for 20th pick

Uncle Drew
06-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Brooklyn has traded forward Thad Young to the Indiana Pacers for the 20th pick and a future 2nd rounder, league sources tell @TheVertical.

And: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=19349

Bird grabbing a solid player for a pretty much worthless pick, while also doing his Celtics a favor.

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Brooklyn has traded forward Thad Young to the Indiana Pacers for the 20th pick and a future 2nd rounder, league sources tell @TheVertical.

I know Thad Young isnt very useful and wont be on our long-term contract, but just a 20th pick seriously? I see this more of a salary dump for the Nets, as Young's contract was seriously overpaid by the imbecile known as Billy King. In this case, its not too shabby, throwing away a $12m/yr garbage contract for a pick.

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2016, 01:58 PM
lol nets suck

Knicks most overrated piece of shit.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ScalsFan21
06-23-2016, 02:01 PM
The Nets and Knicks are both terrible but I'd much rather be in our spot and I'm not kidding. :lol #PopTreeFam

golden24boy
06-23-2016, 02:02 PM
can nets suck even more? :D :D

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2016, 02:03 PM
The Nets and Knicks are both terrible but I'd much rather be in our spot and I'm not kidding. :lol #PopTreeFam

At the very least, we nets fans are realistic and rational supporters who just want our team to get better and better everyday, and gradually build a contender team in a few years timespan. Knicks fans, meanwhile, think they are getting everyone, all the superstars. Cant even list how many threads knicks trolls have made about luring Durant or even Lebron.
:roll:

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2016, 02:06 PM
butt hurt net fans cant live witout mentioning the knicks every where they go...infest our derek rose threads with their hate

suck it

You act like you aint butthurt about the nets, posting in a nets threads yourself like an idiot.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2016, 02:10 PM
all i said was they suck..

you live and breed where ever the knicks are mentioned

4 easy wins though...thnx

Yeah, you live and breed when there is a nets thread too, or why are you still in this thread? Speaking of butthurt.
:lol

ScalsFan21
06-23-2016, 02:11 PM
At the very least, we nets fans are realistic and rational supporters who just want our team to get better and better everyday, and gradually build a contender team in a few years timespan. Knicks fans, meanwhile, think they are getting everyone, all the superstars. Cant even list how many threads knicks trolls have made about luring Durant or even Lebron.
:roll:

It's embarrassing to watch. I love the fact that the Knicks are not going to win a thing in the near future and won't even scrounge out an ECF appearance. It's awesome. They haven't proven it on their own yet, but I trust our new regime to build things the right way before I trust this desperate Zen Master. What a disaster this would truly be if they weren't able to get Kristaps.

PLEASE let them resign Rose and have Rose, Melo, and one of DeRozan or Dwight on one team for the next 3-4 years. I'm BEGGING you, NY. :lol :lol

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2016, 02:12 PM
It's embarrassing to watch. I love the fact that the Knicks are not going to win a thing in the near future and won't even scrounge out an ECF appearance. It's awesome. They haven't proven it on their own yet, but I trust our new regime to build things the right way before I trust this desperate Zen Master. What a disaster this would truly be if they weren't able to get Kristaps.

PLEASE let them resign Rose and have Rose, Melo, and one of DeRozan or Dwight on one team for the next 3-4 years. I'm BEGGING you, NY. :lol :lol

Yeah, they will sign Derozan for $35/yr and then resign Rose for $25m/yr. So well-deserved contracts, the reason why those players want to play for the Knicks.
:bowdown:

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 02:13 PM
Great pick up for Pacers. Good rotation player at a pretty good number for the next 2 to 3 years.

I like the Nets moving him, but I'd want more than just the 20th pick when Teague on an expiring just netted a 12.

feyki
06-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Genius Bird , as usual :applause: .

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Great pick up for Pacers. Good rotation player at a pretty good number for the next 2 to 3 years.

I like the Nets moving him, but I'd want more than just the 20th pick when Teague on an expiring just netted a 12.

I think the Nets basically just wanted to dump Thad Young's contract. Young is okay as a player, but the contract clearly was overpaid by Billy King the Imbecile. Wish we could've gotten a better pick than 20, but I am fine with it.

UK2K
06-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Genius Bird , as usual :applause: .

Guess we know the who won the argument of 'what position is PG going to play'.

Nice pick up on their part. Still don't think it makes them a contender, but they are likely a top 3 team in the east.

ArbitraryWater
06-23-2016, 02:38 PM
A 20th pick? Really? Hm.

Nets fan 93
06-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Weak draft. Late pick. Meh.

Bosnian Sajo
06-23-2016, 03:33 PM
Pacers quietly forming a solid team, after taking the Eastern conf finalists to 7 games in the first round, this team maybe ready to add some real competition in the East with 1 or 2 more moves/signings.

Teague
Ellis
George
Young
Turner

Not bad, definitely upgraded.

catzhernandez
06-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Love the move. 20th pick, historically worthless for us, and we bring in a guy who is going to be a great fit with PG. Brought in two tenacious rim attackers in two days. Love this!

M Turner
T Young
PG13
Monta
J Teague
--------------
CJ Miles
I Mahinmi
R Stuckey
L Allen
J Hill
S Hill

Is a solid lineup with a good rotation. Would love to move Monta for just about anyone, but I'm intrigued and very optimistic.

:applause:

Cap'n Obvious
06-23-2016, 03:41 PM
We won't know if this was a good trade until we know how good the rookie ends up being.

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 04:04 PM
I think the Nets basically just wanted to dump Thad Young's contract. Young is okay as a player, but the contract clearly was overpaid by Billy King the Imbecile. Wish we could've gotten a better pick than 20, but I am fine with it.

Yea....I like Young. It was an overpay at the time, but the coming days that will no longer be the case.

I think he could be quite good in certain situations...like he was with Philly a few years back.

DMAVS41
06-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Love the move. 20th pick, historically worthless for us, and we bring in a guy who is going to be a great fit with PG. Brought in two tenacious rim attackers in two days. Love this!

M Turner
T Young
PG13
Monta
J Teague
--------------
CJ Miles
I Mahinmi
R Stuckey
L Allen
J Hill
S Hill

Is a solid lineup with a good rotation. Would love to move Monta for just about anyone, but I'm intrigued and very optimistic.

:applause:

I think Monta has to go...or he needs to be the Jamal Crawford of this team on an even shorter leash.

What made Monta work in theory on the Pacers was being next to two good defenders in Hill and George.

I don't see how Teague and Monta coexist...at least not in a way that they are used together a lot like Hill and Monta were last year.

But I don't know who is taking on Monta's contract....honestly maybe the Mavs might take him back with a sweetener depending who we get (more likely don't get)

I do like Thad Young for you guys though. I think he's going to thrive in this situation.

You guys turn somehow shed Monta and add a solid 3/D sg...now that would be sweet.

smoovegittar
06-23-2016, 05:51 PM

NOTHING I love more than reading a Netski fan stroking himself. Thanks to your brain trust, Boston will be on a tear for the next few years. So have that little party and a good laugh - Manhattan still owns you.

Wavves
06-23-2016, 06:46 PM
Brooklyn needed a pick and they got it.

Good trade for both sides. Thad's on a great contract.

gigantes
06-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Brooklyn needed a pick and they got it.

Good trade for both sides. Thad's on a great contract.
no way. thad was our 2nd-best asset, and we just blew him for a #20 pick that probably won't make a difference.

a couple years ago thad was a steal for an ancient KG. last year he just had his best year, is coming in to his prime, doesn't need plays run for him, and is a better than average PF.

if the nets had merely waited till close to the trade deadline, they probably could have picked up something much better from a playoff-bound team in need.

MP.Trey
06-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Indiana looking good already next year. Love the moves.

G-train
06-23-2016, 07:20 PM
no way. thad was our 2nd-best asset, and we just blew him for a #20 pick that probably won't make a difference.

a couple years ago thad was a steal for an ancient KG. last year he just had his best year, is coming in to his prime, doesn't need plays run for him, and is a better than average PF.

if the nets had merely waited till close to the trade deadline, they probably could have picked up something much better from a playoff-bound team in need.

Agreed.
They can't really build via draft, they needed to add to Young and Lopez via free agency and try to make playoffs, and change the culture.

Real Men Wear Green
06-23-2016, 08:21 PM
Two straight years of tanking for the Celtics. Brooklyn Nets, we love you!

http://media1.giphy.com/media/NZfgAFsnQBEI/giphy.gif

wally_world
06-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Pacers' offence gon be good next season

Real Men Wear Green
06-23-2016, 08:26 PM
When I think to all the venom my heart held back when Kenyon Martin was exposing 'Toine in the playoffs, but now, now I take it all back. Nets, I just want you to know how much I appreciate all of this selfless tanking. You don't care about your franchise at all, you just want the Celtics to be great. We may not send anything material back, but I just want you to know, you have our love. No picks, no players, but lots and lots of love.

smoovegittar
06-23-2016, 08:28 PM
When I think to all the venom my heart held back when Kenyon Martin was exposing 'Toine in the playoffs, but now, now I take it all back. Nets, I just want you to know how much I appreciate all of this selfless tanking. You don't care about your franchise at all, you just want the Celtics to be great. We may not send anything material back, but I just want you to know, you have our love. No picks, no players, but lots and lots of love.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: from a NY fan.

gigantes
06-23-2016, 09:07 PM
no problem, man. we knew you needed as much help as you can get, and our new owner had decided to give away our future picks anyway.

funny enough, i'm having a pretty good time cheering on the local town while the nets finish the tanking process. the local town just won three different championships in the past 30 days.

good luck with boston. :cheers:

Real Men Wear Green
06-23-2016, 09:34 PM
no problem, man. we knew you needed as much help as you can get, and our new owner had decided to give away our future picks anyway.

funny enough, i'm having a pretty good time cheering on the local town while the nets finish the tanking process. the local town just won three different championships in the past 30 days.

good luck with boston. :cheers:
If you were in Cambridge, Brighton, Dorchester or Roxbury I'd buy you a beer.

MiseryCityTexas
06-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Pacers trying to build a Cavs killer type of team.

KiiiiNG
06-24-2016, 09:48 PM
:biggums:

Big Thaddy is a borderline all-star. Very good around the rim, very good ball handler for his size, good rebounder, and a really good high IQ passer.

Dudes like 28, and his best years are right around the corner. What a blunder by the Nets. :facepalm

Meticode
06-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Pacers making solid moves. Team should improve next year. Hopefully Myles Turner puts in the work and starts budding because he has a tone of potential.

Turner
Young
George
Ellis
Teague