PDA

View Full Version : Clippers' Blake Griffin Hopes to Appear in 'Space Jam 2'

Lebron23
06-23-2016, 09:08 PM
The basketball forward, who is throwing his name on the court to cameo alongside star LeBron James, tells THR that he had a 'Space Jam' birthday party when he was a child.

Days after it was reported by THR that the Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James would be starring in Space Jam 2, news organizations from CBS to ESPN began speculating on who would join the NBA Finals MVP in the long-awaited Warner Bros. sequel.

Names such as Russell Westbrook, Jeremy Lin and Stephen Curry were floated. But there is one player who should get the offer first: Los Angeles Clippers star Blake Griffin.

"If you told me at 8 years old that I would have an opportunity to maybe be in the second Space Jam movie, my mind would have been blown," the 27-year-old forward told THR at a Beverly Hills event at the Ermenegildo Zegna boutique in support of Team Griffin, revealing he had a Space Jam birthday party when he was a kid. "That was one of my favorite movies."

And even though the first installment came out in 1996, Griffin says he's confident a new spin will garner an audience: "All these remakes that are happening now, it's always fun to see a fresh take and to see how people really put a lot of detail, attention and passion into it because they know a lot of people are fans of the original. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with that."

But don't look for to the superstar athlete to transition to the big screen completely. "I wouldn't say I have aspirations to go into acting on my own. But like I said, being such a huge fan of Space Jam, if the opportunity presents itself, I'm all for it. It's definitely something that I would take advantage of, but I wouldn't say I'm trying to be an actor."

Judging from the live read he did of Space Jam back in 2014, he would have a pretty good shot though.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/clippers-blake-griffin-hopes-appear-905330

FKAri
06-23-2016, 09:57 PM
One of the monstars is going to be flopping all over the place :lol

Spurs5Rings2014
06-23-2016, 10:00 PM
One of the monstars is going to be flopping all over the place :lol

And disappearing in 4th's.

:lol

Bankaii
06-23-2016, 10:12 PM
I doubt he's in it.
Lebron will probably get Wade, Melo, and CP3 in it though.

Smoke117
06-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Why, so he can stand outside the paint and shoot jumpers?