PDA

View Full Version : Ainge Screwed The Pooch

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 09:57 PM
By taking Brown instead of Dunn. Reports surfaced that Chicago would have much preferred to have dealt Butler to the Celtics for Dunn + other stuff.

They could have gotten the star they need.:confusedshrug:

Derka
06-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Pretty much. I don't love Brown and I don't see how his subpar shooting helps us in anyway. He's not the best trading piece of what was available.

No idea what Danny, Brad and Rich see in this guy at all.

KingPush
06-23-2016, 10:06 PM
Brown will be better than Butler though

bigkingsfan
06-23-2016, 10:06 PM
He's going to develop like five rookies next year. :facepalm

Smoke117
06-23-2016, 10:07 PM
By taking Brown instead of Dunn. Reports surfaced that Chicago would have much preferred to have dealt Butler to the Celtics for Dunn + other stuff.

They could have gotten the star they need.:confusedshrug:

Butler is more a 2nd star than he is a first one. I don't think you are winning anything with him as your best player.

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Brown will be better than Butler though
:biggums:

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Butler is more a 2nd star than he is a first one. I don't think you are winning anything with him as your best player.
Boston is chock full of very good role players and won 48 games this year with just that. They could easily get mid 50's with Butler. They wont get a chance to get anyone better.

KingPush
06-23-2016, 10:10 PM
:biggums:
About the same height, but longer and more athletic than Butler. Good defense and attacks the rim with ease

If he keeps working on his jump shot he will be an all star

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 10:12 PM
About the same height, but longer and more athletic than Butler. Good defense and attacks the rim with ease

If he keeps working on his jump shot he will be an all star
Good lord. I seriously can't believe anyone would rather have Brown over Butler.

That is just crazy:biggums:

KingPush
06-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Good lord. I seriously can't believe anyone would rather have Brown over Butler.

That is just crazy:biggums:
Im not saying right now I would take Brown over Butler. But if he keeps working I think 3-4 years from now he'd be better than current Butler

Meticode
06-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Listen to you guys like you know what's going on behind the scenes in the Boston front office. :oldlol: You have no f*cking clue what you're talking about.

beastee
06-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Im not saying right now I would take Brown over Butler. But if he keeps working I think 3-4 years from now he'd be better than current Butler
That is the problem. Does Boston really have another 3 years to wait? This was their chance to go all out and get a #1 or 2 option and my Bulls seem eager to destroy their core.

Brown better deliver pretty quickly, or Ainge better have a nice trade in the works with other pieces.

bdreason
06-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Didn't do much with all those picks. Celtics seem to be in the same position they were in before the draft.

Wally450
06-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Listen to you guys like you know what's going on behind the scenes in the Boston front office. :oldlol: You have no f*cking clue what you're talking about.

Yep. Saw a thread bumped a little while back on the 2009 draft, or whichever one Westbrook came out in. Some of the things some posters had said about some of the guys back then was laughable. That's why I keep my mouth shut. Don't want it bumped in like 6 years and end up looking like an idiot. :lol

FireDavidKahn
06-23-2016, 11:30 PM
Justin Russo
‏@FlyByKnite
Last 8 Celtics first round picks:

MarShon Brooks
Jared Sullinger
Fab Melo
Kelly Olynyk
Marcus Smart
James Young
Terry Rozier
R.J. Hunter

Not like Ainge has a good history of drafting.