PDA

View Full Version : Majority of Celtics fans are pissed of at Jaylen Brown pick

FreezingTsmoove
06-24-2016, 12:50 AM
Its all over their facebook page

Let me just say you Celtic fans are freaking retards. This guy is the damn truth. I would have taken Marquese Chriss (future DeAndre Jordan) but Jaylen is a great pick

COnDEMnED
06-24-2016, 01:00 AM
Some of the Celtics forums have "Fire Danny Ainge" threads that popped up in the middle of the draft. They're pretty much unhappy with ALL the selections.

EDIT: Here's the thread.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=6nhqt70ugbv3umdt8v2ckk10v3&topic=85550.0

DingDengDong
06-24-2016, 01:04 AM
Should have taken Dunn. Plus he is kind of a hometown guy.

FreezingTsmoove
06-24-2016, 01:05 AM
Should have taken Dunn. Plus he is kind of a hometown guy.

They said the same thing about Westbrook when he was taken over Bayless and Lopez....

Brown is top 3 pick in a top heavy draft. Hes going to be great

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2016, 01:05 AM
. I would have taken Marquese Chriss (future DeAndre Jordan)

How is a stretch-4 slated to play SF a "future DeAndre Jordan?" :coleman:

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-24-2016, 01:09 AM
Celts fans are just idiot racists who hate Euros. Celtics had a really good draft, imo. No idea about Yabusele, but I was watching Zizic vids the other day and was like "man, this guy can be good".

Demetrius Jackson was unnecessary. Bentil was a damn steal at #51. I definitely dig the Jaylen pick. He is a better shooter than scouts say and can be an elite defender. At least he wasn't a big or PG.

Celts may not have a star besides IT, yet, but damn are they young, fast, and deep. Just waves and waves of athletes at Stevens's disposal.

he's a great shotblocker. Put on some weight and learn some better fundamentals and he could be...like DeAndre Jordan.

Spurs m8
06-24-2016, 01:12 AM
DeAndre Jordan is terrible lol

Like yeah, he can block a shot, grab rebound, chuck an oop down, but for how athletic he is, he may as well have no legs.
And we know he has no brain.

God the C position is in dire trouble at the moment.

G-train
06-24-2016, 01:12 AM
he's a great shotblocker. Put on some weight and learn some better fundamentals and he could be...like DeAndre Jordan.

No he's nothing like Jordan.

He is more like Noah Vonleh.

G-train
06-24-2016, 01:13 AM
DeAndre Jordan is terrible lol

Like yeah, he can block a shot, grab rebound, chuck an oop down, but for how athletic he is, he may as well have no legs.
And we know he has no brain.

God the C position is in dire trouble at the moment.

He's not terrible.

He is athletic defensive centre and excellent rebounder, and one of the best finishers in the history of the NBA.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-24-2016, 01:14 AM
No he's nothing like Jordan.

He is more like Noah Vonleh.
I didn't say he's like Jordan, besides the fact he's a great shot blocker. Chriss is raw as hell. Ppl acting like his game in the association is already set in stone. :lol :hammerhead:

DMAVS41
06-24-2016, 01:16 AM
I don't dislike Jaylen Brown as a player, but he seems a bit redundant on a team that has Crowder and Smart.

What I'm not really following is...why would you rather have Jaylen Brown over Nerlens Noel, Covington, and two first round draft picks...like the trade that was reportedly offered?

Like...Nerlens Noel would be drafted over Jaylen in this draft. Covington isn't amazing, but he's got talent and he's probably as good or better than Jaylen Brown is right now...probably better.

Then two more first rounders?

Like...I know it's not the big splash they were looking to make, but that makes them way better than this pick does this year...and it's not like they are taking on bad contracts...and Noel is the type of player this team needs imo.

So I'm confused...doesn't really make sense to take Brown here over a package like that...unless that package wasn't actually offered...but it was reported multiple times.

I know they don't want to worry about paying Noel after this season, but if he's good...you'd want to.

Hmmmm....surprised at this as Ainge is usually better.

Perhaps he has something else up his sleeve.

AI09
06-24-2016, 01:18 AM
Chriss getting Deandre jordan and Vonleh comparisons but I see him as a aaron gordon type of player with a little jumpshot

Spurs m8
06-24-2016, 01:19 AM
He's not terrible.

He is athletic defensive centre and excellent rebounder, and one of the best finishers in the history of the NBA.

Oh cool, he can score under the ring.

So he'd f*cking want to for the amount he gets paid.

He doesn't even have a post game :facepalm

AI09
06-24-2016, 01:19 AM
I don't dislike Jaylen Brown as a player, but he seems a bit redundant on a team that has Crowder and Smart.

What I'm not really following is...why would you rather have Jaylen Brown over Nerlens Noel, Covington, and two first round draft picks...like the trade that was reportedly offered?

Like...Nerlens Noel would be drafted over Jaylen in this draft. Covington isn't amazing, but he's got talent and he's probably as good or better than Jaylen Brown is right now...probably better.

Like...I know it's not the big splash they were looking to make, but that makes them way better than this pick does this year...and it's not like they are taking on bad contracts...and Noel is the type of player this team needs imo.

So I'm confused...doesn't really make sense to take Brown here over a package like that...unless that package wasn't actually offered...but it was reported multiple times.

I know they don't want to worry about paying Noel after this season, but if he's good...you'd want to.

I always agree with this guy:cheers:

G-train
06-24-2016, 01:22 AM
Oh cool, he can score under the ring.

So he'd f*cking want to for the amount he gets paid.

He doesn't even have a post game :facepalm

Either did Mutombo or Ben Wallace, and they are HoFers.

FreezingTsmoove
06-24-2016, 01:22 AM

Man what is wrong with you dog

These are TEENAGERS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

Im talking about their potential when they are in their man bodies

With that point being said look at how big and physcial Jaylen is at such a young age. Now imagine him at 24 or 25

Spurs m8
06-24-2016, 01:23 AM
Remember when Dallas were gonna build around DeAndre LMAO

alanLA92
06-24-2016, 03:39 AM

Ainge only likes doing trades lately when the other guy is basically bending over and giving him more than what is needed. Dude send KG and Pierce to die for the #3 draft pick and more because Nets bend over for him. Lol

raprap
06-24-2016, 03:54 AM
dont like the pick either but let's give him a chance. Maybe the scouts and Ainge saw something in him. He could be the next Westbrook interms of surprising pick.

Run&Gun=Fun
06-24-2016, 04:34 AM
Majority of fans of all teams are pissed at who they pick.

You can be a tragic, die hard fan but you honestly are in no position to judge until you see the product on the court, or you're an actual scout who knows how to asses talent.

Having said that, wtf are the kings doing?

Rolando
06-24-2016, 04:44 AM
Never heard of him but he seems like he's pretty massive. Big wingspan.

In the end, I still trust Danny.

Derka
06-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Danny is gonna be on Toucher and Rich this morning and I'm looking forward to hearing what the heck he was thinking here.

I'm not mad, I'm just stumped. Unless all of his trade partners were asking for next year's Brooklyn pick and he wasn't budging on it, I'm not sure how anyone on this roster is above being traded.

JohnnySic
06-24-2016, 07:48 AM
I was hoping for a trade for Okafor or Noel, but I dont mind the pick. Lets wait and see.

Wally450
06-24-2016, 09:56 AM
I hope this guy develops into something special.

Its funny seeing all these keyboard GMs think they know everything.

I don't watch college ball so idk what to expect from him, but I've heard his name in the top 10 multiple times so there's gotta be something the Celtics saw in him.

Plus we still have free agency to get veteran guys or even make a trade. People live in the moment too damn much.

SilkkTheShocker
06-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Loved Boston's picks. Teams are getting more and more scared of trading with Ainge. No idea why people talk so much about that clown Morey.

AirBonner
06-24-2016, 09:58 AM
He might be decent. I just hope he is serviceable. Celtics should start looking to move some players to acquire talent or give some of these younger guys some playing time

Rolando
06-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Not only do I trust Ainge but I have to believe that coach Stevens knows what he is doing when assessing college talent.

One thing I know is that in today's game, the best players need to defend multiple positions. Perhaps that's what they are looking at here.

Bless Mathews
06-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Jaylen brown is a beast.

Straight up beast.

SpecialQue
06-24-2016, 03:50 PM
The majority of Celtics fans can suck my balls.