PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Magic GM is getting paid under the table for the OKC trade?

Ben Simmons
06-24-2016, 01:24 AM
It literally makes no sense nomatter how you look at it. :confusedshrug:

COnDEMnED
06-24-2016, 01:32 AM
no.... I do think 29 other GM's think Rob Hennigan is a ****ing moron of epic proportions, whom they don't respect, which can be used and manipulated in any way, shape , or form at any given time to their advantage.

Prime_Shaq
06-24-2016, 01:32 AM
Hey man fk u

Nilocon165
06-24-2016, 01:33 AM
Hey man fk u
:roll: :roll: :roll:

FreezingTsmoove
06-24-2016, 01:34 AM
At this point the Magic just want to make the playoffs

Might as well get an experienced proven STARTING big man who can stretch the floor and defend

Plus the Magic need veterans to help their young big man Aaron Gordon

Prime_Shaq
06-24-2016, 01:38 AM
At this point the Magic just want to make the playoffs

Might as well get an experienced proven STARTING big man who can stretch the floor and defend

Plus the Magic need veterans to help their young big man Aaron Gordon
Dude Ibaka fking sucks. He is basically just a huge walking dick

Ben Simmons
06-24-2016, 01:41 AM
He's good. Not good enough to give up the 11th pick and oladpio.

The magic will probably miss the playoffs again. And if they make it, Ibaka really has no reason to stay and not go to a real contender while getting paid.

FreezingTsmoove
06-24-2016, 02:12 AM

Who knows hes probably an all star without KD and Russ

And hes a proven starter in the league I wouldnt say he sucks

Akrazotile
06-24-2016, 02:48 AM
I really don't get all the hate on this one.

Is Oladipo, Ilyasova, and Sabonis' kid really such a sacred package?

Ibaka is a good player. Would yall seriously rather have those three guys than him?

Bimbo Coles
06-24-2016, 03:10 AM
I can't believe Serge is still only 26. That can't be right.

DMAVS41
06-24-2016, 03:20 AM
I really don't get all the hate on this one.

Is Oladipo, Ilyasova, and Sabonis' kid really such a sacred package?

Ibaka is a good player. Would yall seriously rather have those three guys than him?

You have to factor everything in.

Serge is on an expiring contract with the cap set to explode again to 110 million. The Magic aren't contenders...hell, might not even be a playoff team. Why would you give away two young players that are potential real long term assets for an expiring contract of a player that is good, but isn't a franchise player and doesn't turn your team into a contender?

It makes no sense whatsoever and the Thunder just got a buck fifty on the dollar for Ibaka. The Magic way overpaid for a player that doesn't even do anything for them unless Mario literally turns into Super Mario and starts flying all over the court and never missing.

This is the epitome of a moronic GM not understanding logic or basketball.

Ben Simmons
06-24-2016, 03:22 AM
Or he got money under the table. :confusedshrug:

raprap
06-24-2016, 03:52 AM
I'm trying to wrap my mind about this trade but it just doesn't make any sense. Maybe they're trying to end the drought of missing the post season? Still, Ibaka won't make any difference. He may add about 5 wins to this team :facepalm

Cleverness
06-24-2016, 03:55 AM

Serge is on an expiring contract with the cap set to explode again to 110 million. The Magic aren't contenders...hell, might not even be a playoff team. Why would you give away two young players that are potential real long term assets for an expiring contract of a player that is good, but isn't a franchise player and doesn't turn your team into a contender?

It makes no sense whatsoever and the Thunder just got a buck fifty on the dollar for Ibaka. The Magic way overpaid for a player that doesn't even do anything for them unless Mario literally turns into Super Mario and starts flying all over the court and never missing.

This. Don't give away young potential for a veteran rental when you aren't even a playoff team in the east.

DMAVS41
06-24-2016, 04:04 AM
This. Don't give away young potential for a veteran rental when you aren't even a playoff team in the east.

It boggles the mind that people in charge of a NBA franchise can't figure this out.

It's honestly just pathetic.

COnDEMnED
06-24-2016, 04:22 AM

I didn't like the Tobias Harris trade either. Combined with this trade it makes that one even worse. I thought they did that trade to build around Oladipo. Guess not. So in essence, they traded Harris for a recently damaged Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova. They turn around the next year and trade Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the 11th pick for Ibaka...and Jennings is also an unrestricted free agent?

So essentially you traded Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova, Domantas Sabonis, and maybe losing Jennings to free agency..for Serge Ibaka? I don't get the vision .:biggums:

DMAVS41
06-24-2016, 04:27 AM
I didn't like the Tobias Harris trade either. Combined with this trade it makes that one even worse. I thought they did that trade to build around Oladipo. Guess not. So in essence, they traded Harris for a recently damaged Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova. They turn around the next year and trade Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the 11th pick for Ibaka...and Jennings is also an unrestricted free agent?

So essentially you traded Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova, Domantas Sabonis, and maybe losing Jennings to free agency..for Serge Ibaka? I don't get the vision .:biggums:

It's horrible.

It's funny...this could turn out to be a horrible trade for both teams. It's funny to see everyone talking about how bad a trade it was for the Magic...which is accurate....

But nobody seems to be questioning it for the Thunder. I don't actually think it's a bad trade for the Thunder, but there isn't always symmetry here...in no way is this trade as good for the Thunder as it is as bad for the Magic...if you follow.

Dipo is good, but I don't love his shooting. Ersan is probably nothing of note. And the rookie could be a bust.

Also, dipo is up after this year...so they'll have to pay him to keep him.

So while I think it's a good return for Ibaka...it's not the huge win in my opinion that everyone is making it out to be. I think everyone just assumes that because it's all time bad for the Magic because Ibaka doesn't make sense on a team as an expiring contract that will struggle to make the playoffs.

TiagoSimoes
06-24-2016, 07:01 AM
It's horrible.

It's funny...this could turn out to be a horrible trade for both teams. It's funny to see everyone talking about how bad a trade it was for the Magic...which is accurate....

But nobody seems to be questioning it for the Thunder. I don't actually think it's a bad trade for the Thunder, but there isn't always symmetry here...in no way is this trade as good for the Thunder as it is as bad for the Magic...if you follow.

Dipo is good, but I don't love his shooting. Ersan is probably nothing of note. And the rookie could be a bust.

Also, dipo is up after this year...so they'll have to pay him to keep him.

So while I think it's a good return for Ibaka...it's not the huge win in my opinion that everyone is making it out to be. I think everyone just assumes that because it's all time bad for the Magic because Ibaka doesn't make sense on a team as an expiring contract that will struggle to make the playoffs.

100% agreed. The trade could end up being really good for OKC and the move that puts them over the top, but it may also end up sucking(which i dont believe since i love oladipo).

However, for the Magic, unless ibaka turns into a 22/10 big man, which is pretty much impossible, the magic either end up overpaying him 20+ mil, or let him walk for nothing. No idea what they were thinking

Prime_Shaq
06-24-2016, 07:12 AM
100% agreed. The trade could end up being really good for OKC and the move that puts them over the top, but it may also end up sucking(which i dont believe since i love oladipo).

However, for the Magic, unless ibaka turns into a 22/10 big man, which is pretty much impossible, the magic either end up overpaying him 20+ mil, or let him walk for nothing. No idea what they were thinking
Its pretty low risk for OKC anyway, Ibaka has been looking like a shell of his former self. Not fighting for rebounds and just hanging around the 3 point line wanting to spot up a shot.

ZenMaster
06-24-2016, 08:01 AM
Orlando had a new arena built just a few years ago, they need to get in the playoff on a regular basis and make some money.

senelcoolidge
06-24-2016, 08:44 AM
Just Ibaka, that's all. At least get a pick or another player to go along with a broken player like Ibaka.