PDA

View Full Version : Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 09:28 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/f3e57f6867c528d5a73bd4efcb5bc799.png

Honestly disappointed he's even meeting with SAS/GSW :wtf:

68 and 73-win teams..

RoundMoundOfReb
06-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Lol imagine if LeBron lost in the finals in 7 and then opted out and signed with or even MET with GSW...The utter shitstorm

Mr Feeny
06-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Lol imagine if LeBron lost in the finals in 7 and then opted out and signed with or even MET with GSW...The utter shitstorm

Lebron is a top 2-3 goat. Durant isn't. That's why he's not held to same standard.

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Lebron is a top 2-3 goat. Durant isn't. That's why he's not held to same standard.

still man.. an MVP level player better not join 68/73 win teams which are his two primary conference rivals, when he already has enough to win and its shown in those three always having 6/7 game series', deep into the playoffs...

would be like Bron joining the Celtics (except he didnt really have a title team previously, and the Celtics werent 60+ win caliber team by 2010). Instead he joined his draft buddy Wade on a 47-win team... the addition of Bosh being a bonus.

Mr Feeny
06-25-2016, 09:45 AM
still man.. an MVP level player better not join 68/73 win teams which are his two primary conference rivals, when he already has enough to win and its shown in those three always having 6/7 game series', deep into the playoffs...

would be like Bron joining the Celtics (except he didnt really have a title team previously, and the Celtics werent 60+ win caliber team by 2010). Instead he joined his draft buddy Wade on a 47-win team... the addition of Bosh being a bonus.He shouldn't. What I'm trying to say is that Bron's legacy is sealed after this year. Nothing else matters. He's etched in stone on the Mt Rushmore. Possibly top 2. Anything else is a bonus.

GSW stacking up even further has no bearing on what James has just accomplished. Durant joining the Warriors would hurt his legacy and I'm not sure he'd be stupid enough to do that especially after seeing the adulation lebron just received by doing it the hard way.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-25-2016, 09:51 AM
True. Still, I would lose all respect for him if he joined the Warriors.

Asukal
06-25-2016, 09:56 AM

would be like Bron joining the Celtics (except he didnt really have a title team previously, and the Celtics werent 60+ win caliber team by 2010). Instead he joined his draft buddy Wade on a 47-win team... the addition of Bosh being a bonus.

Translation: we don't want 3/8 to happen

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Translation: we don't want 3/8 to happen

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

Translation: LeBron is a colluding btch for joining a 47-win team but KD can join as many 70 win teams as he wants :lol

Nah, 3-8, or 3-7, isnt even a thing at this points...

its just, 2nd greatest of all time, LeBron James, 3x Champion..

Life's good.

Asukal
06-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Translation: LeBron is a colluding btch for joining a 47-win team but KD can join as many 70 win teams as he wants :lol

Life's good.

Don't worry, kyrie got his back with his mamba mentality. :lol :oldlol: :roll:

And no he's not even top 5 yet. That's a spot reserved for consistent winners. :banana:

RoundMoundOfReb
06-25-2016, 10:02 AM

Life's good.

Yup.

I would have 0 problem with Durant going to Boston (48 win team) and bringing some other nice players Jimmy Butler, DMC, Kevin Love etc with him. (Although, that's not better than what he has now)

Joining the warriors would be just weak.

BigTicket
06-25-2016, 10:03 AM
Durant is only in the market for a 1-year contract anyway, and he narrowly lost in game 7 of the WCF this year, so I think he should at least give it one more shot with the Thunder.

Westbrook + Oladipo + Adams + Kanter is already a very strong supporting cast, running away from that to join the team that beat him (GSW) would be a complete bitch move.

And why would he join the Spurs ? He already beat them this year, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili aren't getting any younger, and he plays the same position as Leonard.

So he can either be his own man and stay in OKC, and or he can piggyback off other people's success in GS.

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Durant not even giving Rockets and Lakers a meeting (via Woj/Vertical)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clzdd0LVAAMD4Mb.jpg

Hold this L, Laker$ and Haren.

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 11:24 AM
The Celtics have a meeting scheduled with Kevin Durant reports Y!

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Steph Curry and Klay Thompson will reportedly attend the Warriors meeting with Kevin Durant.

BlakFrankWhite
06-25-2016, 05:14 PM
I have my sources.

He's staying with The Thunder.

KD and Ibaka had beef for a while and OKC trade Serge away to appease KD, Thunder also interested in bringing in Pau Gasol.

pastis
06-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Steph Curry and Klay Thompson will reportedly attend the Warriors meeting with Kevin Durant.

can the warriors afford durant plus klay plus dray plus curry?

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 05:18 PM
can the warriors afford durant plus klay plus dray plus curry?

probably gotta get rid of two at least between barnes/bogut/iggy/livingston

pastis
06-25-2016, 05:22 PM
probably gotta get rid of two at least between barnes/bogut/iggy/livingston

mhm. first i thought that adding durant could disturb team chemistry.... but then: its durant, you cant pass on Durant.

bogut/iggy/barnes and livingston are playing great defense....

Haymaker
06-25-2016, 05:28 PM
And why would he join the Spurs ? He already beat them this year, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili aren't getting any younger, and he plays the same position as Leonard.

Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have Conley + Noah. KD is not a fit. But to answer your question. Why would he join the Spurs? Well, they are one of the best orgs in sports today and they have one of - if not the - best FO/Coach tandem today. It would be stupid for any free agent to not consider the Spurs when you're guaranteed a playoffs appearance every season and they will make sure he's surrounded by the best TEAM possible. Spurs are looking to build their future core, and any given FA could be part of something special. It's very stupid not to consider them.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have Conley + Noah. KD is not a fit.

Conley and Noah are nice and great fits, but it's Kevin fuccin' Durant. You don't pass on Durant. And he would fit fine with us. Leonard is not some sloth who can't guard smaller players or something and he also is a great shooter that doesn't need the ball in his hands. They fit fine together. Also, having Durant means he's not with the Thunder or Warriors which is actually the largest portion of this that would impact our franchise more so than just having him on the roster in the first place and something Conley/Noah can't compete with.

Ben Simmons
06-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have Conley + Noah. KD is not a fit. But to answer your question. Why would he join the Spurs? Well, they are one of the best orgs in sports today and they have one of - if not the - best FO/Coach tandem today. It would be stupid for any free agent to not consider the Spurs when you're guaranteed a playoffs appearance every season and they will make sure he's surrounded by the best TEAM possible. Spurs are looking to build their future core, and any given FA could be part of something special. It's very stupid not to consider them.
You're crazy. The fit is fine.

The biggest takeaway is that signing Durant effectively destroys the Thunder.

Haymaker
06-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Conley and Noah are nice and great fits, but it's Kevin fuccin' Durant. You don't pass on Durant. And he would fit fine with us. Leonard is not some sloth who can't guard smaller players or something and he also is a great shooter that doesn't need the ball in his hands. They fit fine together. Also, having Durant means he's not with the Thunder or Warriors which is actually the largest portion of this that would impact our franchise more so than just having him on the roster in the first place and something Conley/Noah can't compete with.

Bro, I don't know if you actually watched the semis but Westbrook and Adams/Kanter killed us. Funny that our PG's and C's couldn't keep up with them. Signing KD will give us offensive firepower, nothing else. NOTHING ELSE. ZERO. :facepalm

feyki
06-25-2016, 06:14 PM
http://ci.memecdn.com/71/6453071.jpg

We'll get Conley when Spurs trying for Durant :pimp:

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Bro, I don't know if you actually watched the semis but Westbrook and Adams/Kanter killed us. Funny that our PG's and C's couldn't keep up with them. Signing KD will give us offensive firepower, nothing else. NOTHING ELSE. ZERO. :facepalm

offensive firepower is like 70% wtf :oldlol:

dude.... ITS DURANT

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 06:18 PM

Bro, none of that matters if we land Durant since the Thunder would no longer be a competitor. Why risk maybe being better than the Thunder with Conley/Noah when we can 100% not even have a worry about them again? Not only that, but would you really be more confident in beating the Warriors with those two or with Durant? Keep in mind that not having Durant means that the Warriors have a good of having him. Do you see us beating the Warriors with Conley/Noah and them with Curry/Klay/Durant/Green? C'mon now. Getting Durant is the move to make. It effectively kills two birds with one stone. Anything else is a gamble at this point (obviously if he's not interested we have no choice, just saiyan).

tpols
06-25-2016, 06:24 PM
is joakim noah even good anymore? guy would break down come playoff time like 5 years ago.. cant imagine him lasting too long going into next year, and through a Western gauntlet slim chance. Conley is nice but he isn't solving your main problem which is nobody to replace duncan. And I dont see many elite rim protectors out there on the market.. turning down KD for those two would be like turning down shaq for kenny smith and otis thorpe because you already have hakeem.. except perimeter players are much more flexible especially in todays day and age so it's even worse.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-25-2016, 06:27 PM
still hoping KD goes to Washington (even if it's after sticking w/ OKC this next season).

KD + Wall + Gortat + Oubre + Porter + Markieff (is he sane, yet?) would be great. I'd love to see more KD vs LeBron too, 4+ times a year (imagine all the playoff series between them). Is Beal staying? Pretty sure Wash could afford both KD and Beal. Rest of team would be D-Leaguers, but w/ those main 5-7 (if Beal stays and if Porter stays after next season), that's enough for consistent ECF appearances.

Inferno
06-25-2016, 06:42 PM

Imagine if LeBron held a nationally televised event to announce he was leaving his hometown team after 7 yea- oh wait...

Come to the Dubs KD!! :banana:

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Imagine if LeBron held a nationally televised event to announce he was leaving his hometown team after 7 yea- oh wait...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 06:48 PM
still hoping KD goes to Washington (even if it's after sticking w/ OKC this next season).

KD + Wall + Gortat + Oubre + Porter + Markieff (is he sane, yet?) would be great. I'd love to see more KD vs LeBron too, 4+ times a year (imagine all the playoff series between them). Is Beal staying? Pretty sure Wash could afford both KD and Beal. Rest of team would be D-Leaguers, but w/ those main 5-7 (if Beal stays and if Porter stays after next season), that's enough for consistent ECF appearances.

probably not.. KD hasnt even agreed to meet with WAS.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 06:51 PM

And why would he? They didn't even make the play offs. KD wants to win NOW. There's no guarantee he wins anything with them.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-25-2016, 06:56 PM
it's still early. But he may not even need to be "sold" on Washington. His ex-HC is there (do they keep in touch?) and he's already familiar w/ the city, culture, family he has there, etc.

Plus for all we know, this NYC visit could have a small detour to his hometown w/ some Wiz brass and Wall there to meet him in secret. :rockon:

And why would he? They didn't even make the play offs. KD wants to win NOW. There's no guarantee he wins anything with them.
Yeah, like LeBron avoided joining the Cavs since they didn't make the playoffs... :facepalm

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah, like LeBron avoided joining the Cavs since they didn't make the playoffs... :facepalm

They had Irving and assets to trade to build a great team around him. What do the Wizards have? Wall, Gortat and some injury prone guys that don't stay healthy? I don't see it. Durant wants to win... NOW. He isn't winning shit going to the Wizards. He'd just be LeBron's bitch every post season and then probably Irving's bitch until he retired.

:oldlol:

FLDFSU
06-25-2016, 07:21 PM
They had Irving and assets to trade to build a great team around him. What do the Wizards have? Wall, Gortat and some injury prone guys that don't stay healthy? I don't see it. Durant wants to win... NOW. He isn't winning shit going to the Wizards. He'd just be LeBron's bitch every post season and then probably Irving's bitch until he retired.

:oldlol:

See this is what I don't understand. If memory serves me the year Lebron signed back with the Cavs there were a lot of free agents including Melo, Wade, Bosh, Gasol, Gay, Randolph, and Parsons among others.

How come no other free agents saw "Irving and assets to trade to build a great team" but Lebron? Why was Lebron the only one to see what great potential Cleveland was?

Carmelo Anthony literally flew to every championship contending team. He basically flew over Cleveland multiple times to Chicago but never once stopped into the budding championship level Cleveland to see if he could fit there. Bosh never bothered to check in with Cleveland, neither did Wade, or Gasol, or Parsons...all of whom wanted to compete for rings...

Literally, the moment Lebron announced he was going to Cleveland suddenly it was like everyone's eyes became opened and saw all this potential with that roster.

Does Lebron have type of magical powers where he can see things that no other NBA player can?

DMAVS41
06-25-2016, 07:32 PM
See this is what I don't understand. If memory serves me the year Lebron signed back with the Cavs there were a lot of free agents including Melo, Wade, Bosh, Gasol, Gay, Randolph, and Parsons among others.

How come no other free agents saw "Irving and assets to trade to build a great team" but Lebron? Why was Lebron the only one to see what great potential Cleveland was?

Carmelo Anthony literally flew to every championship contending team. He basically flew over Cleveland multiple times to Chicago but never once stopped into the budding championship level Cleveland to see if he could fit there. Bosh never bothered to check in with Cleveland, neither did Wade, or Gasol, or Parsons...all of whom wanted to compete for rings...

Literally, the moment Lebron announced he was going to Cleveland suddenly it was like everyone's eyes became opened and saw all this potential with that roster.

Does Lebron have type of magical powers where he can see things that no other NBA player can?

Well, they also added Kevin Love. I don't think many people were all that high on that roster without a veteran all-star player like Love.

A lot of people did say it was a better roster going forward than the Heat with a declining Wade. I know I was in that camp.

I didn't like Waiters at all. Didn't like Thompson much either (so wrong about this)...

But I feel like you are missing the Love addition here. A huge draw to that team was the fact that they had the ability to move the pick and get an all nba caliber player in return.

tpols
06-25-2016, 07:38 PM

Bron got danny boy to trade a number one pick for a 25+/10+ player in addition to young stud in kyrie.. rest of the roster being completely transformed since then as well. you still ommitting context and clownin I see. :lol

Meticode
06-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Waiting for the meeting with the Heat and Riley throwing all his rings on the table. Same thing lured LeBron in.

tpols
06-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Waiting for the meeting with the Heat and Riley throwing all his rings on the table. Same thing lured LeBron in.

KD's not retarded.. he knows he aint winning anything with old wade, bynum 2.0, and a bunch of guys that cant shoot.

FLDFSU
06-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Well, they also added Kevin Love. I don't think many people were all that high on that roster without a veteran all-star player like Love.

A lot of people did say it was a better roster going forward than the Heat with a declining Wade. I know I was in that camp.

I didn't like Waiters at all. Didn't like Thompson much either (so wrong about this)...

But I feel like you are missing the Love addition here. A huge draw to that team was the fact that they had the ability to move the pick and get an all nba caliber player in return.

Okay, I guess that makes sense but if Cleveland already had a better roster than Miami (the 4 time Eastern Conference Champs) why the hell didn't Melo or Bosh or Gasol run to that team? Literally, no one, of note anyway, visited Cleveland.

I agree, some people may not have been as high on that roster prior to Love but the moment Lebron's letter came out people were saying Irving, Thompson, Waiters, and Wiggins were a stacked team.

And beyond that why didn't Melo (or Bosh or Wade or Gasol) just sign with the Cavs and then get a veteran all-star like Love too?

I'm not trying to be dense but I find it odd that suddenly Cleveland was this obviously budding championship roster and nobody in the NBA apparently saw this but Lebron...

DMAVS41
06-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Okay, I guess that makes sense but if Cleveland already had a better roster than Miami (the 4 time Eastern Conference Champs) why the hell didn't Melo or Bosh or Gasol run to that team? Literally, no one, of note anyway, visited Cleveland.

I agree, some people may not have been as high on that roster prior to Love but the moment Lebron's letter came out people were saying Irving, Thompson, Waiters, and Wiggins were a stacked team.

And beyond that why didn't Melo (or Bosh or Wade or Gasol) just sign with the Cavs and then get a veteran all-star like Love too?

I'm not trying to be dense but I find it odd that suddenly Cleveland was this obviously budding championship roster and nobody in the NBA apparently saw this but Lebron...

I don't mean to be rude to the city of Cleveland, but your answer is simple. I actually like Cleveland....had one of the best steaks of my life at a spot there years ago (can't remember the name of the place though)...but I'm not a 25 year old worth 100 million.

Young and rich pro sports athletes, on the average, don't want to live in Cleveland when they can go play in LA, NY, Miami...etc.

I get your point, but I don't think that is the reason. Plenty of people would look at a team with Waiters, Irving, Love, and Thompson and think it had the makings of something really good.

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Warriors would suck competition wise, and be bad for him, individually (his play/burden drops)...

Spurs is kind of similar, but Id still prefer that over GSW. Would also be weird as hell and silly though.

Miami is a bad match, wont make him any better, would be fun though, following Bron's path...

but what makes sense is OKC, or BOS, that'd would be right.

hold this L
06-28-2016, 02:05 PM
I think for the good of the league, he should stay at OKC. If Spurs or GSW get him, they will be practically impossible to beat.

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2016, 05:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmISy9PUsAAVoeD.jpg

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-29-2016, 05:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmISy9PUsAAVoeD.jpg
I'm rooting for OKC, GSW, and Boston. ...just not sure which order...

And I suppose still rooting for Wiz, though I know it's pretty much out of the question. That dark horse Boston, though. Watch out...

dunksby
06-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Durant most probably staying, even if that's just for one year, if he doesn't then I'd want him to go to Boston or Heat.

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2016, 11:04 AM
The full @KDTrey5 meeting sked: OKC Thursday, GSW/Clippers Friday, Spurs/Celtics Saturday, Miami on Sunday, per source.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Kevin Durant is currently meeting with the Warriors.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green are believed to be at the meeting with Kevin Durant right now in New York.

Derka
07-01-2016, 10:08 AM
I'd be shocked if he didn't stay in OKC.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Apparently:

Kevin Durant & the Clippers met for 4 hrs Friday night & sources close to the situation say KD was "blown away" by the Clips' presentation

via Chriss Broussard

ye

sammichoffate
07-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Apparently:

Kevin Durant & the Clippers met for 4 hrs Friday night & sources close to the situation say KD was "blown away" by the Clips' presentation

via Chriss Broussard

yeHow do they clear cap for him tho?

Darius
07-01-2016, 10:30 PM
How do they clear cap for him tho?

they can do it but rest of roster will be minimums

Lakers Legend#32
07-02-2016, 12:48 AM
Why would Durant wanna stay in OKC and continue to look at the Thunder's butt-ugly owner Clay Clay Bennett any longer than he has to?

poido123
07-02-2016, 12:55 AM

No he isn't. :roll: