PDA

View Full Version : Just imagine the Spurs roster with Kevin Durant

Upgrayedd
06-25-2016, 02:46 PM
and if Pau Gasol were to go to the Spurs if the Spurs lose Diaw and/or David West. And lets assume they make some trades to clear up room to sign Kevin Durant and they trade Danny Green

C: Tim Duncan/Pau Gasol/Boban Marjanovic
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge/Diaw or West
SF: Leonard/Kyle Anderson/Jonathon Simmons
SG: Kevin Durant/Ginobili/Jonathon Simmons
PG: Parker/Patty Mills/Dejounte Murray

Haymaker
06-25-2016, 03:58 PM
KD is a bad fit for the Spurs. He's a small forward. He just won't fit at SG. Kawhi won't play SG either and Aldridge won't play center. Spurs should concentrate on Conley and Noah.

Conley
Green
Leonard
Aldridge
Noah

Parker <--- could be gone to make space for the new signing or he could take a paycut.
Manu <--- could retire or take the minimum.
Duncan <--- Same as Manu
Diaw
Simmons
Slo-Mo
Mills
Boban
Murray

fragokota
06-25-2016, 04:04 PM
If Spurs manage to get Conley and a rim protector, Western Conference will be insanely top heavy next year.

Fiasco
06-25-2016, 04:27 PM
As a basketball fan, I don't see the fit. But who knows with Pop at the helm.

As a Clippers fan, I'd be over the moon if he came here because that'd mean one of CP3 or DAJ would have to be traded in order to create cap space. I didn't list Blake because it would be stupid to trade him but you never know with Rivers.

Haymaker
06-25-2016, 05:22 PM
As a basketball fan, I don't see the fit. But who knows with Pop at the helm.

As a Clippers fan, I'd be over the moon if he came here because that'd mean one of CP3 or DAJ would have to be traded in order to create cap space. I didn't list Blake because it would be stupid to trade him but you never know with Rivers.

Blake is expendable.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 05:29 PM
KD is a bad fit for the Spurs. He's a small forward. He just won't fit at SG. Kawhi won't play SG either and Aldridge won't play center.

Hell you talm 'bout?

:oldlol:

He's Kevin fuccin' Durant, you MAKE him fit. Leonard can easily move to the SG spot and has no trouble guarding opposing SG's. It's called SHOOTING guard and he's one of the best shooters in the league (both mid range and 3-point land). How does he not fit there? Can do it all, post up, drive, in transition, catch and shoot, etc. He's actually a perfect shooting guard and is a beast defensively as well. He would thrive.

Hell, Durant was also going ham defensively in the play offs at times. When he played at the 4, he was a crazy good rim protector and paint presence. I can see small ball being lethal as hell with Leonard at the 3, Durant at the 4 and Aldridge at the 5 for stretches (not full time of course). That's some insane defense, rim protection, length, etc.

I will concede that Conley and Noah would be perfect gets for us, though. Parker is done as a starting PG at this point, Conley would be the perfect upgrade with his defense and offensive consistency. Noah goes without saying. I mean, it'd be nice if we could have them all, but Durant is Durant. I mean, those 3 guys can go toe to toe with any other big 3 in the league which is what we desperately need because Parker just won't cut it.

I think Leonard will take another big leap this next upcoming season, but he'd have to transform into a LeBron/Durant/Curry/etc dominant force on offense or even better for us to have a shot against those tier 1 teams. Those teams are absolutely loaded, top to bottom, and yeah, Green/Love/Adams/etc are way better than Parker, so we need someone else really amazing offensively. I don't think just trying to be a better team will get it done any longer as those other teams are stacked af in their own right.

The biggest thing, however, that you may be overlooking is that by getting Durant, it removes our biggest obstacle out of the equation and we no longer have to worry about OKC. It'll just be the Warriors in our way and I think going up against them with Durant, Leonard and Aldridge is about as good as it gets. The alternative is him staying with the Thunder with another top 5 player in Westbrook and now Oladipo, Sabonis and company. Or worse... him going to the Warriors. Fucc that.

If you really want us to have any chance of contending for the next 5-6 years, you will want us to sign Durant in this off season. Simple as that.

:coleman:

T_L_P
06-25-2016, 05:36 PM
KD is a bad fit for the Spurs. He's a small forward. He just won't fit at SG. Kawhi won't play SG either and Aldridge won't play center. Spurs should concentrate on Conley and Noah.

Conley
Green
Leonard
Aldridge
Noah

Parker <--- could be gone to make space for the new signing or he could take a paycut.
Manu <--- could retire or take the minimum.
Duncan <--- Same as Manu
Diaw
Simmons
Slo-Mo
Mills
Boban
Murray

There's no circumstance where Duncan returns and comes off the bench, imo. There's a lot he will do but I don't think it's that. :confusedshrug:

Carbine
06-25-2016, 05:39 PM
LOL at Durant not being a good fit.

When you're a consensus top 3 player in the world, most would say second best, you will fit in any team.

Kawai and durant are fine at the wings. Kawai shot like 50 percent from three the first Half of the year, durant is a great shooter. It works on offense because both can shoot. It works on defense because kawai can defend anyone from PG to small ball 4s.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 05:44 PM
There's no circumstance where Duncan returns and comes off the bench, imo. There's a lot he will do but I don't think it's that. :confusedshrug:

Yeah, either Duncan would retire or he'd be starting in that line up. He may not chuck like Kobe into old age and is willing to give up reins so to speak, but he ain't no bench warmer either, chico.

:no:

Haymaker
06-25-2016, 06:01 PM
It's not about stacking talent. The Spurs always been about synergy and harmony between their core. Our new core is Aldridge/Leonard. Durant will disrupt it with his need to handle the ball to be effective. Both Leonard and Aldridge are not known because of their passing skills, ditto for KD. Spurs' ball movement will die with that core. Why not address our need at PG and C positions instead? KD will take a huge chunk of the cap space and that will give PATFO less options to build a championship bench. I'm not sold, sorry.

feyki
06-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Duncan=Spurs . Duncan is done and Spurs era is over .

tpols
06-25-2016, 06:05 PM
1 sec yall

http://i.imgur.com/g7IsB.gif

Ben Simmons
06-25-2016, 06:06 PM
It's not about stacking talent. The Spurs always been about synergy and harmony between their core. Our new core is Aldridge/Leonard. Durant will disrupt it with his need to handle the ball to be effective. Both Leonard and Aldridge are not known because of their passing skills, ditto for KD. Spurs' ball movement will die with that core. Why not address our need at PG and C positions instead? KD will take a huge chunk of the cap space and that will give PATFO less options to build a championship bench. I'm not sold, sorry.
Spurs ball movement has already died. The reality is and we saw it vs the Thunder, Leonard and Aldridge are not good enough offensively to lead a team.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 06:08 PM

What I'm saying is that a 2-man core isn't good enough to win with teams like the Warriors/Cavs/Thunder (2 top 5's for the latter). But even disregarding that, the Warriors/Cavs/Thunder ALSO have great TEAMS, too, and so we can't just out TEAM them at this point. We NEED more star talent than what we have to be on even footing with them. Durant doesn't need the ball in his hands as much as you're making out. Newsflash, but our ball movement is already dead. We can't win that way anymore, different league now. You take Durant over upgrading PG/C because... it's DURANT. When you draft, you take the best player remaining, not position of need, ESPECIALLY if that player remaining is a top 2/3 player in the league. C'mon now. We can and do easily get good role-players on the cheap and vets to take pay-cuts. I don't see a problem there. Winning costs money. If you wanna win, you have to give up some. Duncan knows that. Manu knows that. West knows that. The list goes on and on.

Haymaker
06-25-2016, 06:09 PM
I'm not sold, sorry.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 06:12 PM
Spurs ball movement has already died. The reality is and we saw it vs the Thunder, Leonard and Aldridge are not good enough offensively to lead a team.
They did fine offensively, actually for at least the first part of that series and were playing better in that area than Durant/Westbrook. OKC's role-players showed up and ours didn't. What I'm saying, though, we don't have to worry about OKC if we get Durant in the first place. And if you're banking on Leonard/Aldridge to outplay Curry/Klay and then our role-players to outplay Green and the rest of the Warrior role-players + possibly Durant... then I got some beach front property in Kansas I'm willing to sell you.

Ben Simmons
06-25-2016, 06:15 PM
They did fine offensively, actually for at least the first part of that series and were playing better in that area than Durant/Westbrook. OKC's role-players showed up and ours didn't. What I'm saying, though, we don't have to worry about OKC if we get Durant in the first place. And if you're banking on Leonard/Aldridge to outplay Curry/Klay and then our role-players to outplay Green and the rest of the Warrior role-players + possibly Durant... then I got some beach front property in Kansas I'm willing to sell you.

They did fine early in the series, because they were dominating the Thunder.

When the series and the games are close ask yourself have you ever seen Aldridge and Kawhi win it? :confusedshrug:

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 06:22 PM
They did fine early in the series, because they were dominating the Thunder.

When the series and the games are close ask yourself have you ever seen Aldridge and Kawhi win it? :confusedshrug:

And that's why we need someone like Durant. Conley/Noah aren't those guys. I'm not sure if we could win with Leonard/Aldridge as our 1 and 2 for the foreseeable future unless both improve drastically. A prime Duncan would fit perfectly with these two.

:(

FLDFSU
06-25-2016, 07:06 PM
:no: This is "collusion" and according to ISH you "don't join your primary rivals you beat them."

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2016, 07:10 PM
:no: This is "collusion" and according to ISH you "don't join your primary rivals you beat them."

You have to fight collusion with collusion. These boys too stacked outchere.

:confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2016, 07:13 PM

:roll:

forreal though, KD has a team perfect enough to win a chip with

Proctor
06-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Honestly don't want Durant on the Spurs. I'm sure it could work but the fit isn't exactly perfect and the Spurs do not need him, especially if they get Conley and a center. I believe Conley and a Noah type center on the Spurs would be a better team than a Spurs team with Durant.

FLDFSU
06-25-2016, 07:39 PM

But didn't the Spurs nearly win 70 games themselves? And they already colluded when they got Aldridge, who to this day I don't understand why he doesn't get more hate for leaving "his team" to "join the enemy".

TAZORAC
06-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Duncan=Spurs . Duncan is done and Spurs era is over .

Spurs had the 2nd best recond in the NBA and Duncan rarely played.

Meticode
06-25-2016, 08:02 PM
If I were the Spurs I'd go after Noah or Mozgov for a big-man and go all out for Conley.

Noah
Aldridge
Leonard
Green
Conley

DMAVS41
06-25-2016, 08:17 PM
But didn't the Spurs nearly win 70 games themselves? And they already colluded when they got Aldridge, who to this day I don't understand why he doesn't get more hate for leaving "his team" to "join the enemy".

Because not many people care about LMA and he isn't anywhere near as good as Lebron other all time greats...:confusedshrug:

You make it sound like people wouldn't flip their shit if Durant goes to the Warriors or Spurs.

They will. I almost hope it happens so you realize it's not just a "lebron" thing...it's an all time great player in his prime joining up with a loaded roster thing.

For what it is worth...Durant going to the Warriors would be way worse, in terms of joining a great situation, than what Lebron did.

The Warriors are already an all time great team....

Fiasco
06-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Blake is expendable.

Not looking to get off topic with this thread being about Durant, but that's just silly.

brooks_thompson
06-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Conley's my favorite player of all-time. Even though Grizz are my home team, their window is sealed shut. I'd love to see him on the Spurs. Perfect Parker replacement. Not as adamant as TP about getting his own, but he is level-headed and confident in the clutch whether driving to the paint or the shooting the 3.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-25-2016, 09:11 PM
30/11/9/2.3/2.6 on 49%

FLDFSU
06-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Because not many people care about LMA and he isn't anywhere near as good as Lebron other all time greats...:confusedshrug:

You make it sound like people wouldn't flip their shit if Durant goes to the Warriors or Spurs.

They will. I almost hope it happens so you realize it's not just a "lebron" thing...it's an all time great player in his prime joining up with a loaded roster thing.

For what it is worth...Durant going to the Warriors would be way worse, in terms of joining a great situation, than what Lebron did.

The Warriors are already an all time great team....

LMA was on a roster that continually got to the playoffs and were an up and coming team. He also had a top 5 PG in Lillard. Also, he arguably made his conference less competitive. If Lebron left that to go sign with a clear conference foe, ISH would literally explode;

Why does LMA get a pass? If he is not as good as Lebron why is hell is getting 19.6 million a year and is already the 10th highest player in the first year of his contract? And if he is not an all-time great...maybe he should work harder and become one...sounds like a bunch of excuses to me...

Leave one team that was a contender...go to an arch rival...become the highest player on said roster...do not get criticize because "you're not Lebron."

Damn what a deal.

DMAVS41
06-26-2016, 02:08 AM
LMA was on a roster that continually got to the playoffs and were an up and coming team. He also had a top 5 PG in Lillard. Also, he arguably made his conference less competitive. If Lebron left that to go sign with a clear conference foe, ISH would literally explode;

Why does LMA get a pass? If he is not as good as Lebron why is hell is getting 19.6 million a year and is already the 10th highest player in the first year of his contract? And if he is not an all-time great...maybe he should work harder and become one...sounds like a bunch of excuses to me...

Leave one team that was a contender...go to an arch rival...become the highest player on said roster...do not get criticize because "you're not Lebron."

Damn what a deal.

If you can't understand why the average fan doesn't care about LMA the same way they do Lebron....I don't know what to tell you.

Rocketswin2013
06-26-2016, 02:13 AM
they'd be absurd. he small lineups would be close to unguardable.

Paul George 24
06-26-2016, 02:27 AM
LOL at Durant not being a good fit.

When you're a consensus top 3 player in the world, most would say second best, you will fit in any team.

Kawai and durant are fine at the wings. Kawai shot like 50 percent from three the first Half of the year, durant is a great shooter. It works on offense because both can shoot. It works on defense because kawai can defend anyone from PG to small ball 4s.
MY SPURS DUN NEED A BALL HOGS LIKE KD,WHEN WE ALREADY HV TONY PORKER :banghead: