PDA

View Full Version : bron stans in a nutshell after g7:

diamenz
06-26-2016, 11:33 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/605/413/732.gif

moongaze
06-26-2016, 11:39 AM
It's disgusting to see. They're so insecure that they're trying to throw shade to Kyrie tomake lebron look better. They want people to believe that it was all lebron that made the comeback . But we all remember what happened when he tried to do it alone in 2015: 39 percent shooting and missed two game winners in games 1 and 2.

Hey Yo
06-26-2016, 11:46 AM
It's disgusting to see. They're so insecure that they're trying to throw shade to Kyrie tomake lebron look better. They want people to believe that it was all lebron that made the comeback . But we all remember what happened when he tried to do it alone in 2015: 39 percent shooting and missed two game winners in games 1 and 2.
:violin:

What happened the 4yrs Irving tried to do it alone before James came back??

diamenz
06-26-2016, 11:48 AM

kyrie got the paxson treatment from g6 of the 93 finals. he makes the game winning three, and all the media coverage goes straight to lebron/jordan.

not to say that bron doesn't deserve huge credit this year, but his stans are just the worst lol. you wonder if it's just two or three people with five alts apiece.

moongaze
06-26-2016, 11:55 AM

He played on horrible rosters where dion waiters and Tristan Thompson were the 2nd and 3rd options :confusedshrug:

Da_Realist
06-26-2016, 12:02 PM
^kyrie got the paxson treatment from g6 of the 93 finals. he makes the game winning three, and all the media coverage goes straight to lebron/jordan.

not to say that bron doesn't deserve huge credit this year, but his stans are just the worst lol. you wonder if it's just two or three people with five alts apiece.

Not exactly the same. Paxson made the game winner but Kyrie was way more important to his team. Game 5 was Kyrie's game. They go home if Kyrie doesn't go off.

MJ averaged 41 in 93 and even in Game 6 he scored all the Bulls 4th quarter points (9) to keep them close until Paxson's three.

J Shuttlesworth
06-26-2016, 12:05 PM
I don't recall any of us saying Kyrie wasn't great. We just think it's ridiculous that some of you are trying to say Kyrie deserved FMVP even though LeBron led both teams in everything :lol:

moongaze
06-26-2016, 12:10 PM
kyrie got the paxson treatment from g6 of the 93 finals. he makes the game winning three, and all the media coverage goes straight to lebron/jordan.

His Stans are reminding me why lebron has been hated so much . We thought the warriors were bad with their self promotion, entitlement and condescending attitudes, but lebron Stans are reminding us that lebron and his fanbase are not much different

Hey Yo
06-26-2016, 12:15 PM
He played on horrible rosters where dion waiters and Tristan Thompson were the 2nd and 3rd options :confusedshrug:
Welcome to LeBron's world his first 7 seasons.

tmacattack33
06-26-2016, 12:17 PM

Add 8 zeroes to that. Lebron has about 200 to 300 million stans now.

But, there were probably only about 5 million of us that never listened to ESPN when they told us that Lebron was the devil after The Decision (even though they were the channel that broadcasted this program, and they stretched it out to one hour :oldlol: ).

The other 295 million are welcome on board though, but i kinda question their ability to be swayed by the media.

Fudge
06-26-2016, 12:22 PM
And if LeBron lost game 7, you losers:

But yeah, keep melting down, fam.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mhQAAOSw-4BXaS4E/s-l300.jpg

:lol

ArbitraryWater
06-26-2016, 12:28 PM

:roll: :roll:

SLAYAGE

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Add 8 zeroes to that. Lebron has about 200 to 300 million stans now.

But, there were probably only about 5 million of us that never listened to ESPN when they told us that Lebron was the devil after The Decision (even though they were the channel that broadcasted this program, and they stretched it out to one hour :oldlol: ).

The other 295 million are welcome on board though, but i kinda question their ability to be swayed by the media.

:bowdown:

TrueBlue89
06-26-2016, 12:41 PM
LeBron stans love Kyrie. He's the 2nd best player he's ever played with.

plowking
06-26-2016, 12:42 PM

He shot 40%.

Maybe you aren't good at math though.

FKAri
06-26-2016, 01:19 PM
And now Kyrie's 2nd and 3rd options were LEBRON and Tristan Thompson. Hmm what a remarkable turnaround! This role player Lebron really turned them from the lottery to a champion.

KiiiiNG
06-26-2016, 01:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClYUvAdUYAAiRj9.jpg

moongaze
06-26-2016, 02:44 PM
He shot 40%.

Maybe you aren't good at math though.

Since when did 39.8 become 40? He only shot 40 percent if you're rounding up to make it look better.lol at you nut hugging 1 percent

SouBeachTalents
06-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Since when did 39.8 become 40? He only shot 40 percent if you're rounding up to make it look better.lol at you nut hugging 1 percent

Do people really not understand when it's .5 or above you round up

Old Man River
06-26-2016, 02:52 PM
retake 1st grade math

moongaze
06-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Do people really not understand when it's .5 or above you round up

You CAN round up but without doing so and just going by the numbers he did not shoot 40 percent. You can't say someone did something they didn't just because you want to round up numbers

Lebronxrings
06-26-2016, 04:17 PM
meltdown

GINOBILI!
06-26-2016, 04:36 PM

Hey Yo
06-26-2016, 04:39 PM
How's LeBron's ASS taste, alt boy troll??

ArbitraryWater
06-26-2016, 04:42 PM

ISH, where people round down at .8

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 04:46 PM

These Kobe fekboys are really something else :roll:

k0kakw0rld
06-26-2016, 04:50 PM
He had the greater impact. It's not everyday you get to see a player dominate every aspect of the game the way LeBron does. Scoring is not the only thing, buddy. Irving was great no doubt but that is the Kyrie I was expecting to see since game 1.

moongaze
06-26-2016, 05:35 PM

I didn't round down. 39.8 is still part of 39, less than 40.

SouBeachTalents
06-26-2016, 05:38 PM

Go to a store, buy something for $39.80, give the cashier $39 flat and see what happens

Overdrive
06-26-2016, 05:39 PM

It's not about rounding up. Hitting 100% means you never missed, hitting 99,8% not.

Go to a store, buy something for $39.80, give the cashier $39 flat and see what happens

Give him 40, see what happens.

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 05:41 PM

I love that line of thought:lol
I don't want to ever hear that Kobe was a 25 ppg career scorer.
Kobe is NOT good enough to be a career 25 ppg scorer. He's only a career 24.9947 scorer.

And don't any of y'al Kobe stans dare round up either. We'll be hear to stop that:banana:

Kobe, the player who is not good enough to be a 25 ppg career scorer:banana:

moongaze
06-26-2016, 05:44 PM

:facepalm are we talking about making purchases with exact change or are we talking basketball numbers were some people don't use the exact numbers? OK he shot 39.8. does that make you feel better? He still didn't shoot 40 percent

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 05:47 PM
:facepalm are we talking about making purchases with exact change or are we talking basketball numbers were some people don't use the exact numbers? OK he shot 39.8. does that make you feel better? He still didn't shoot 40 percent

Close enough to 40%
Kobe's not a 25 ppg scorer though. Just wasn't good enough.:lol

moongaze
06-26-2016, 05:51 PM
He had the greater impact. It's not everyday you get to see a player dominate every aspect of the game the way LeBron does. Scoring is not the only thing, buddy. Irving was great no doubt but that is the Kyrie I was expecting to see since game 1.

I agree it's not all about scoring and stats. I'm looking at impact as well. 1st quarter game 3 was the first solid punch the cavs had thrown at golden state in 7 games. Kyrie led the March. If you remember, lebron started that game off cold. Had Kyrie also started cold, the warriors would have liked on and the cavs would have likely not come back and would have gone down 3-0 heading to Oakland. That quarter changed the complexion of the series and gave the rest of the cavs confidence.

Game 5. 41 points on 70 percent shooting. 12 points in the 4tg when golden state was mounting a comeback. Had he shot the same percentage lebron had shot that game the cavs might have lost.

Game 7. Game winner ,self explanatory.

On top of that Kyrie guarded steph more than anyone on the cavs and held him to career low shooting. I'd argue that Kyrie was better in games 3,4,5 and 7.

ArbitraryWater
06-26-2016, 05:52 PM

you realize in any professional circle, 39.8% is 40%?

39.8% is 39.8%, but if you do wanna round and side with one specific number, do it right, or retake the first grade, kid...

moongaze
06-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Close enough to 40%
Kobe's not a 25 ppg scorer though. Just wasn't good enough.:lol

That's fine cause I could care less about Kobe and I've always hated the Lakers. I'm a a fan of Kyrie more than anything but I'm still a cavs fans most.

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 05:55 PM

39.8% is 39.8%, but if you do wanna round and side with one specific number, do it right, or retake the first grade, kid...He hasn't taken elementary maths:lol

They bran got 36 ppg 13 rpg and 9 apg in that finals fwiw :banana:

moongaze
06-26-2016, 05:55 PM

39.8% is 39.8%, but if you do wanna round and side with one specific number, do it right, or retake the first grade, kid...

In what logical world is 39.8= 40. Do you even know how to count? 39.8 is less than 40. Professional circles use exact numbers, not rounded numbers to make things look better.

moongaze
06-26-2016, 05:59 PM

Ask yourself this is 39.8 still a part of 39 or is it 40? If I'm just speaking casually I'm going to say he shot 39 percent . It's closer to the truth than saying he did something he didn't.

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Ask yourself this is 39.8 still a part of 39 or is it 40? If I'm just speaking casually I'm going to say he shot 39 percent . It's closer to the truth than saying he did something he didn't.

The fact that you have to ask this shows you haven't been in school. If you did, you seem to have failed elementary maths.

moongaze
06-26-2016, 06:04 PM
The fact that you have to ask this shows you haven't been in school. If you did, you seem to have failed elementary maths.

I understand how rounding numbers works but for the fact of conversation and logic, what makes more sense? If you're not being exact and aren't rounding are you going to say he shot 40 percent, which he didn't or would you say he shot 39 percent for the series? I haven't seen one person say he shot 40 percent for the series. Every media outlet I've seen said he was 39 percent for the series

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 06:07 PM
I understand how rounding numbers works but for the fact of conversation and logic, what makes more sense? If you're not being exact and aren't rounding are you going to say he shot 40 percent, which he didn't or would you say he shot 39 percent for the series? I haven't seen one person say he shot 40 percent for the series. Every media outlet I've seen said he was 39 percent for the series

Please show me which media outlets said that Lebron shot 39% for the series?

There's no way any respectable outlet would make simple maths mistakes that even my 7 year old nephews wouldn't make.
If someone shoots at the 0.5 or above, I round up. Everyone rounds up. No exceptions. It's what we're taught as kids. The only way you don't is if you mention the exact figure.

RedBlackAttack
06-26-2016, 06:13 PM

Uh, it was actually three years and he was between 19-22 at the time... and the Cavs were actively trying to tank in all but one of those seasons.

Take a look at the 2013-14 Cavaliers roster. You tell me...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2014.html

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Uh, it was actually three years and he was between 19-22 at the time... and the Cavs were actively trying to tank in all but one of those seasons.

Take a look at the 2013-14 Cavaliers roster. You tell me...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2014.html

His point was that the Cavs were a sub-500 team before lebron came.
Kyrie is amazing and provided teller perfect help to win this title. In the years preceding Lebron's return, the Cavs weren't a great team. That's all he said.

ArbitraryWater
06-26-2016, 06:15 PM

you realize 39.8 is closer to 40 than 39, which is why you ROUND at .5...

its not rounding UP, its just ROUNDING... a mathematical law, you idiot.

moongaze
06-26-2016, 06:16 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/nba-finals-2015-mvp-lebron-james-dominant-statistical-performance-couldnt-overcome-1971765

Scroll down to where they talk about iguoudala guarding him. It's not a math mistake. It's common sense for people not using exact numbers and aren't rounding up.

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 06:19 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/nba-finals-2015-mvp-lebron-james-dominant-statistical-performance-couldnt-overcome-1971765

Scroll down to where they talk about iguoudala guarding him. It's not a math mistake. It's common sense for people not using exact numbers and aren't rounding up.

That's a math mistake or an uninformed opinion of someone who hadn't read up the stats.
If you can provide a proper sports outlet (i don't want ibtimes here) I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

This isn't what's going to get people to renounce common sense and elementary mathematics in favor of a ridiculous assertion that it make more sense to scrap the fractions from an integer all together rather than round up.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read, on this or any other forum.

moongaze
06-26-2016, 06:25 PM
That's a math mistake or an uninformed opinion of someone who hadn't read up the stats.
If you can provide a proper sports outlet (i don't want ibtimes here) I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

This isn't what's going to get people to renounce common sense and elementary mathematics in favor of a ridiculous assertion that it make more sense to scrap the fractions from an integer all together rather than round up.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read, on this or any other forum.

Lol I don't know what to tell you. You asked me to post one link, I did. Somehow it doesn't fit what you want so you want me to take more time out of my day to search links were people gave a general statement on his shooting. This seems really hard for you to understand and I'm sorry you're confused. :oldlol:

moongaze
06-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Heres another one for you. If someone is 5 years old with a birthday in two months, when they're speaking in general should they say they are 5 or 6?

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Lol I don't know what to tell you. You asked me to post one link, I did. Somehow it doesn't fit what you want so you want me to take more time out of my day to search links were people gave a general statement on his shooting. This seems really hard for you to understand and I'm sorry you're confused. :oldlol:So you don't have a proper link? You have one to a non-sports site in which the author messed up with his stats and can't provide anything else.

Great. Nice knowing you.

Mr Feeny
06-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Heres another one for you. If someone is 5 years old with a birthday in two months, when they're speaking in general should they say they are 5 or 6?

Are you dense or are you actually asking that? Do you think the apology between sports statistics and ages is a good one?

Are you deliberately winding me up?

moongaze
06-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Are you dense or are you actually asking that? Do you think the apology between sports statistics and ages is a good one?

Calm down for a second, idiot. An age is a statistic, a number, also . Going by your logic a 5 year old that's past six months should refer to himself as a six year old in general conversations with people.

ArbitraryWater
06-26-2016, 06:41 PM
OP, you realize in any sport, anywhere, the number is rounded at .5?

No matter the article

Its just shokingly low awareness on your part...

random example: Kobe 35/5/5 in '06... probably read that line alot. And not: 35/5/4

The Iron Fist
06-26-2016, 06:42 PM

:lol:biggums:
Why would anyone melt down over a guy who doesn't have a winning record in the finals?:no:

ArbitraryWater
06-26-2016, 06:43 PM

Youre here asking if hes dense or serious and he responds with 'calm down there..' :lol leave it, dudes a troll

SouBeachTalents
06-26-2016, 06:44 PM
:biggums:
Why would anyone melt down over a guy who doesn't have a winning record in the finals?:no:

4 MVP's/3 FMVP's > 1 MVP/2 FMVP's

moongaze
06-26-2016, 06:53 PM
OP, you realize in any sport, anywhere, the number is rounded at .5?

No matter the article

Its just shokingly low awareness on your part...

random example: Kobe 35/5/5 in '06... probably read that line alot. And not: 35/5/4

I'm aware of people putting out fake stats . Yeah, I'm aware of that. Your problem , along with Mr idiot, is not using common sense.

diamenz
06-26-2016, 07:19 PM
i could never have predicted that my thread would turn into one big math problem. =/

SouBeachTalents
06-26-2016, 07:22 PM
i could never have predicted that my thread would turn into one big math problem. =/

All over .2% :lol

moongaze
06-26-2016, 07:31 PM

This is how insecure Bron Stans are. Arguing over a percent. And I like Bron, but these dudes :oldlol:

raprap
06-26-2016, 07:47 PM
This is how insecure Bron Stans are. Arguing over a percent. And I like Bron, but these dudes :oldlol:
To be fair, i round up if its over .5 too. :confusedshrug:

moongaze
06-26-2016, 07:58 PM
To be fair, i round up if its over .5 too. :confusedshrug:

Ehh, I guess if I'm working in a math setting I would too but just general convo I never though me saying 39 would cause a meltdown. It's kind of illogical in a way if you think about it though. Anyway dudes can have the 40 percent if it makes them feel better.

eriX
06-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Calm down for a second, idiot. An age is a statistic, a number, also . Going by your logic a 5 year old that's past six months should refer to himself as a six year old in general conversations with people.

Just take the L and move on dude, you can't even round numbers up or down properly and you are calling people idiots. 39.8 is not a part of 39 cause 39 is a whole number by itself and every decimal point onwards is a different number. It's really not that hard to understand, good luck trying to pass 1st grade maths when you round 39.8 to 39 instead of 40.

DirkNowitzki41
06-26-2016, 08:01 PM

I havent seen one LeBron fan throw shade at Kyrie at all. Don't be so insecure man.

LeBron put that team on his back, it's fine if he gets some help you know