PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Williams Speech at the '16 BET Awards

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2016, 05:22 AM
No thread on this?

Same 'muh us black people have it so tough, system made to bring us down' shit... lame. Everyone loves to eat it up though.

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2016, 05:23 AM
We've been floating this country on credit for centuries, yo, and we're done watching and waiting while this invention called whiteness uses and abuses us, burying black people out of sight and out of mind while extracting our culture, our dollars, our entertainment like oil - black gold, ghettoizing and demeaning our creations then stealing them, gentrifying our genius and then trying us on like costumes before discarding our bodies like rinds of strange fruit. The thing is though... the thing is that just because we're magic doesn't mean we're not real.

lol

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2016, 05:29 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/034054fac243982d9b948d2079e9878f.png
https://i.gyazo.com/434505aaff414694104530fe54834e38.png

IcanzIIravor
06-27-2016, 05:45 AM
Who is Jesse Williams? I honestly didn't know the BET Awards still went on. Next you will tell me the Source Awards still take place.

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2016, 06:09 AM
Who is Jesse Williams? I honestly didn't know the BET Awards still went on. Next you will tell me the Source Awards still take place.

Some crap actor who played in a silly soap directed at people with low entertainment senses

ROCSteady
06-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Tony Parker is a Black Panther?! :eek:

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2014/09/The_More_You_Know/lead_large.png

masonanddixon
06-27-2016, 06:59 AM
Blacks just stole from whites. Stole all the instruments that were created by white men and stole all the song and compositions that were created by white men.

I'm the biggest jazz fan in the world and the truth is every black musician just stole off standards by white composers.

People like Jesse Williams are what enable blacks to act like apes and expect to get away with it.

NumberSix
06-27-2016, 07:05 AM
Didn't know who the hell this guy is. Googled him. Dude looks mostly white.

masonanddixon
06-27-2016, 07:07 AM
Didn't know who the hell this guy is. Googled him. Dude looks mostly white.

It's always some cornball brother hating on the white man.

UK2K
06-27-2016, 08:51 AM

This... no idea about any of this.

Dresta
06-27-2016, 09:42 AM
Never heard of this idiot. Sounds like another winner of the affirmative action lottery who wants to lecture the world about what a poor victim they are, how brilliant they've been to overcome so many terrible obstacles, and so on, ad nauseam.

Oh wait, upon googling, the fact this guy thinks he is "black" and has to deal with discrimination and exploitation like regular black folk, is bloody hilarious.

Lebron23
06-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Light Skin taking another L. Curry started the trend followed by Jesse Williams.

imdaman99
06-27-2016, 10:56 AM
You guys are seriously offended by this? :whatever: I swear, everything triggers some of y'all :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2016, 11:07 AM
You guys are seriously offended by this? :whatever: I swear, everything triggers some of y'all :oldlol:

He literally said white people try to put black people down....

then Justin Timberlake got in Twitter to say 'we are all equal', and once again, we had the same, emotional, hoeism, feminist bunch of black women cause a shitstorm over it... :lol

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 11:09 AM
Jesse Williams spoke truth got y'all feeling some kind of way this morning, I see.
:lol

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Of course Justin Timberlake would respond to this. :roll:

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Of course Justin Timberlake would respond to this. :roll:

JT got you feeling some type of way doesnt he

Most male black folk didnt get mad at what JT said, cause theyre men.. they dont react based on irrational emotions.. you different though :lol

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 11:21 AM
JT got you feeling some type of way doesnt he

Most male black folk didnt get mad at what JT said, cause theyre men.. they dont react based on irrational emotions.. you different though :lol
Who's mad besides the people in this thread shitting on Williams?

UK2K
06-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Jesse Williams spoke truth got y'all feeling some kind of way this morning, I see.

But when Trump speaks the truth, it's racist. Right?

In April, ICE revealed that it released an additional 19,723 criminal aliens —who had a total of 64,197 convictions among them including 101 homicide convictions, 216 kidnapping convictions, 320 sexual assault convictions, 1,728 assault convictions, and 12,307 driving under the influence of alcohol convictions — from custody in FY 2015.

You read that correctly. We released 101 border jumping murderers and 320 border jumping rapists because... Because feelings I guess.

I've got no issues with what he said if that's what he wants to say. Is it true? In a way I guess. But if you're cool with what he said, you're cool with what Trump said.

Which of course, you aren't cool with what Trump said because Trump said it. If it was a black dude talking about how white men are evil, true or not, you're all for it.

I don't mind differing opinions. I hate hypocrites.

Dresta
06-27-2016, 11:26 AM
lol @ anyone who thinks "black" an accurate or valid description of this guy.

That kind of categorisation is a kind of racism of the first order: it's not even the superficial skin-deep racism of prejudice, but downright to the bone and blood racist: "Even though I look white, have a Swedish mother, and blue eyes, I am black because I have been infected by black blood"

That is what this guy amounts to. If someone asked: who is the black guy? Would anyone think that person was asking about Jesse Williams? Obviously not...

ALBballer
06-27-2016, 11:28 AM
He literally said white people try to put black people down....

then Justin Timberlake got in Twitter to say 'we are all equal', and once again, we had the same, emotional, hoeism, feminist bunch of black women cause a shitstorm over it... :lol

Yeah it looked like Justin Timberlake tried to play it safe with "we are all equals, one race, etc" and then all of the SJWs came out. I'm glad there is an outrage because people like him are the problem. They are so quick to call out others on being racist and stand on their moral highground but when they get attacked by the same system they support well it's fun to see.

Anyways there are some half truths in what Jesse Williams says but the problem is no real discussion can be had. One side can make all the arguments they want unchallenged and anyone that challenges any of these assertions will be ridiculed, and when I talk about challenge I don't mean the far right lunatics because they aren't to be taken serious.

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 11:31 AM

You read that correctly. We released 101 border jumping murderers and 320 border jumping rapists because... Because feelings I guess.

I've got no issues with what he said if that's what he wants to say. Is it true? In a way I guess. But if you're cool with what he said, you're cool with what Trump said.

Which of course, you aren't cool with what Trump said because Trump said it. If it was a black dude talking about how white men are evil, true or not, you're all for it.

Have you ever seen me in ANY Trump, Hillary or Bernie threads??

UK2K
06-27-2016, 11:34 AM
Have you ever seen me in ANY Trump, Hillary or Bernie threads??

I haven't seen your name at all, actually.

My point remains.

I've got no problem with speaking the truth, but the world we live in now will take one 'truth' and turn it into a rallying cry while the other 'truth' turns into racism or some other leftist buzzword people like DD throw out when they've got nothing left.

I agree with what he said. I also agree that if that's the case, blacks can give back everything they own that was ever created by a white man. If we want to play this game, we can.

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 11:38 AM
lol @ anyone who thinks "black" an accurate or valid description of this guy.

That kind of categorisation is a kind of racism of the first order: it's not even the superficial skin-deep racism of prejudice, but downright to the bone and blood racist: "Even though I look white, have a Swedish mother, and blue eyes, I am black because I have been infected by black blood"

That is what this guy amounts to. If someone asked: who is the black guy? Would anyone think that person was asking about Jesse Williams? Obviously not...
So you have to be from Nigeria to be black now? Is Malcolm X black. His mom's father was a white man.
Jesse Williams is basically Jason Kidd, lol.

Akrazotile
06-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Dont know who jesse wiliams is.

So Ill just post this picture

https://s31.postimg.org/floayg8mz/13508895_499555546910157_7893909749431688720_n_p.j pg

that shirt on the left! :lebronamazed: :roll:

imdaman99
06-27-2016, 11:43 AM
We're still waiting on him to prove he saw thousands and thousands of people in NJ cheering when the buildings were coming down on Sept 11. Not everything he speaks is truth.

ALBballer
06-27-2016, 11:48 AM
We're still waiting on him to prove he saw thousands and thousands of people in NJ cheering when the buildings were coming down on Sept 11. Not everything he speaks is truth.

Yeah Trump is filled with a bunch of exaggerations and half truths. But atleast a discussion can be had with Trump and his "views" (I put quotes on views because I don't think he believes many of things he says himself.)

UK2K
06-27-2016, 11:49 AM

Like we're waiting to see Clinton's emails...

I didn't say everything he said was truth, I said when he speaks the truth and people don't like it, it's racist. Not just for him, but for everyone.

We have topics on the slaughter of blacks at the hands of other blacks in Chicago, which is entirely true, and you'll find a lot of people who think its racist to even discuss it.

Just2McFly
06-27-2016, 11:49 AM
They just gonna keep absorbing black culture and go on with their lives. C'est la vie.

AceManIII
06-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Stay Woke :coleman:

UK2K
06-27-2016, 12:27 PM
They just gonna keep absorbing black culture and go on with their lives. C'est la vie.

No more than blacks will absorb white amenities, but you don't see me complaining about it. :oldlol:

Akrazotile
06-27-2016, 12:33 PM

Bro, we wanna experience it through our headphones. Not, like, in our neighborhoods.

:lol I'm just messin wit ya mang.

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 12:36 PM
No more than blacks will absorb white amenities, but you don't see me complaining about it. :oldlol:
As ISHs Negro Historian, I'm gonna need some proof so I can validate is this is a correct statement. :oldlol:

Akrazotile
06-27-2016, 12:40 PM
As ISHs Negro Historian, I'm gonna need some proof so I can validate is this is a correct statement. :oldlol:

:biggums:

Kizzle.

You think blacks invented jeans? Nike shoes? Headphones? Cars? Telephones? Basketball? Football? Eye glasses? Toasters? Television? The English language?

That's the irony of 'cultural appropriation' accusations. Dudes in a tizzy when they see a white guy rhyming his words and wearing a doo rag. Yet those are pretty much the ONLY things in America originated by black culture. The other 99% of things blacks engage in are taken from the hwhite man's culture.

Dat delicious hypocrisy.

ALBballer
06-27-2016, 12:41 PM

Cultural appropriations only works one way, and tbh it's mainly white SJWs that complain about it.

Overdrive
06-27-2016, 12:43 PM
Can't wait until Eminem starts ranting about blacks like him being harassed.

A guy complaining, who was casted purely on his blue eyed face for a shitty pms housewife soap has to be a joke..

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 12:44 PM
:biggums:

Kizzle.

You think blacks invented jeans? Nike shoes? Headphones? Cars? Telephones? Basketball? Football? Eye glasses? Toasters? Television? The English language?

That's the irony of 'cultural appropriation' accusations. Dudes in a tizzy when they see a white guy rhyming his words and wearing a doo rag. Yet those are pretty much the ONLY things in America originated by black culture. The other 99% of things blacks engage in are taken from the hwhite man's culture.

Dat delicious hypocrisy.
Calm down dude, I was joking as the use of the laughing yellow face shows that.

Akrazotile
06-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Calm down dude, I was joking as the use of the laughing yellow face shows that.

For sure. I'm just sayin tho, this is the kinda BS hypocrisy a lot of these campus black panthers and their liberal cuck white benefactors try to pass as reasonable. When it's actually absurd af.

L.Kizzle
06-27-2016, 12:51 PM
For sure. I'm just sayin tho, this is the kinda BS hypocrisy a lot of these campus black panthers and their liberal cuck white benefactors try to pass as reasonable. When it's actually absurd af.
His speech IMO was more about the black community really being a community as opposed to the white man is holding us down. It was more about black unity.

Akrazotile
06-27-2016, 12:55 PM
His speech IMO was more about the black community really being a community as opposed to the white man is holding us down. It was more about black unity.

I wasn't referring to the guy in the OP, altho I'm sure he's a clown, but just the videos you see on a regular basis now of pan-african millenials whining on the lawn of a school founded and run by white people, about 'cultural appropriation.'

Shit's a joke.

Dresta
06-27-2016, 12:56 PM
So you have to be from Nigeria to be black now? Is Malcolm X black. His mom's father was a white man.
No, but "black" is a descriptive term, not an identity. The idea that one drop of blood makes you "black" even if you don't have anything close to black skin, is a racist concept, which implies black blood is some kind of disease that takes over everything else.

Just like there are many African cultures, but no unified culture of Africa (hence the vapidity of "African studies" and similar rubbish). There is no such thing as "black" culture either, except perhaps in a specific American context, rooted specifically to the experiences of black people in America (and the stuff of BET is simply junk culture, barely different from the junk mass culture of mainstream America). So perhaps African-American culture would be a better expression, though this culture has little to do with Africa either, it's just been taken up by people who were separated from Africa centuries ago. This is not the culture of all black people, and it is silly to pretend that it is.

Are you really claiming there to be no logistical difference/problem between calling Malcolm X black and calling a guy white guy with a tan black? Surely a guy who is tan has no right to whinge about oppression considering no-one would even recognise him as being "black" if he didn't go on about it all the time?

Overdrive
06-27-2016, 01:01 PM

No, but this guy looks like the typical taned surfer dude. He made a career off his looks so he surely wasn't discriminated, because he's black, but got advantages, because he's a blue eyed guy with decent looks, who looks like a taned white sunny boy.

Of course blacks shouldn't be discriminated due to being black and the core of alot of claims are important, but this guys has no moral ground to stand on and without looking it up I'm sure he didn't come from a ghetto district were he struggled to get some crack.

btw before having the internet and following those stupid race debates I always thought Jason Kidd was white.

UK2K
06-27-2016, 01:12 PM
No, but "black" is a descriptive term, not an identity. The idea that one drop of blood makes you "black" even if you don't have anything close to black skin, is a racist concept, which implies black blood is some kind of disease that takes over everything else.

Apparently, you can identify as black.

So someone in the NAACP once told me.

tomtucker
06-27-2016, 01:36 PM
black award show.....only blacks....

other awards shows: there are blacks, but the show gets criticised for not having enough blacks :facepalm

......you fukking racists, you got a whole show with only black people

bdreason
06-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Same old story. The black community blaming everyone but themselves. They make a huge fuss about a couple incidents with cops, as if their aren't thousands of police incidents every day, and completely ignore the fact that black people are killing other black people in their own communities on a daily basis. Complaining about cultural appropriation is the worste though. Welcome to America... everyone steals everyone's culture. That's a large part of what makes our Country unique.

I also find it ironic that Jesse Williams is half white, and essentially looks like Justin Timpberlake with a tan. Ya, I'm sure he was held back his whole life because of the color of his skin. :rolleyes:

warriorfan
06-27-2016, 01:55 PM
why are white people ALWAYS pissed about something?

:roll:

tomtucker
06-27-2016, 01:57 PM
why are white people ALWAYS pissed about something?

:roll:
didn't we just conclude Jesse Williams was black ? :confusedshrug:

UK2K
06-27-2016, 01:58 PM
didn't we just conclude Jesse Williams was black ? :confusedshrug:

Shh.... Let him keep going.

tomtucker
06-27-2016, 02:04 PM
Shh.... Let him keep going.
:oldlol: :cheers:

bdreason
06-27-2016, 02:15 PM
And for the record, I have no doubt that institutional racism exists, but the black community never focuses on the real problems. It starts with improving education in black communities, and focusing on creating more opportunities for African Americans. We need to focus on taking drugs out of black communities, and promoting responsible parenting. Many of these issues need to be addressed at the institutional level, but many also need to be addressed within the communities themselves. Instead, the vocal representatives of the black community want to focus all their attention on police incidents, completely ignoring the real issues. As if all their problems are going to be solved if a few black criminals aren't unlawfully injured/killed by police. We've seen what happens when the police pull out of black communities in Baltimore and Chicago... the real problems are only enhanced. The black community needs leaders who aren't afraid to point the finger at themselves, while also demanding Institutional improvements.

tmacattack33
06-27-2016, 07:48 PM
I don't know who Jesse Williams is or care much about his speech, but LOL at the people hating on Timberlake's comments.

Timberlake posted some positive sh*t and then in come a bunch of ppl talking about him "appropriating" black culture. Just LOL at the idea of cultural "appropriation". People have started to use that without even knowing what it means. It's the hot new word and people just seem to want to use it just to use it.

tmacattack33
06-27-2016, 07:50 PM
And for the record, I have no doubt that institutional racism exists, but the black community never focuses on the real problems. It starts with improving education in black communities, and focusing on creating more opportunities for African Americans. We need to focus on taking drugs out of black communities, and promoting responsible parenting. Many of these issues need to be addressed at the institutional level, but many also need to be addressed within the communities themselves. Instead, the vocal representatives of the black community want to focus all their attention on police incidents, completely ignoring the real issues. As if all their problems are going to be solved if a few black criminals aren't unlawfully injured/killed by police. We've seen what happens when the police pull out of black communities in Baltimore and Chicago... the real problems are only enhanced. The black community needs leaders who aren't afraid to point the finger at themselves, while also demanding Institutional improvements.

That's really it right there probably. That's probably the root of 90% of urban communities problem.

A real man takes care of his kids. Yet in urban communities, a real man is just someone who is "hard".

NumberSix
06-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Lol. Timberlake isn't "appropriating" anything. He's a southerner. The vast majority of what we consider "black culture" is actually southern Celtic culture and some elements of western African culture. White southerners like Timberlake have just as much claim to "black culture" as any
any black guy.

DonDadda59
06-27-2016, 08:33 PM
And for the record, I have no doubt that institutional racism exists, but the black community never focuses on the real problems.

Those damn immigrants. The real problem. :rant

Also, who is Jesse Williams? :confusedshrug:

ace23
06-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Lol. Timberlake isn't "appropriating" anything. He's a southerner. The vast majority of what we consider "black culture" is actually southern Celtic culture and some elements of western African culture. White southerners like Timberlake have just as much claim to "black culture" as any
any black guy.
How? He's not black...

masonanddixon
06-28-2016, 12:01 AM
How? He's not black...

He already explained. 'Black culture' is simply appropriating from classical white culture.

ace23
06-28-2016, 12:05 AM
He already explained. 'Black culture' is simply appropriating from classical white culture.
I was mainly concerned with the "West African elements" component. He's a white boy. How does he have claim to that part?

This is all trivial shit. His post just didn't make sense.

masonanddixon
06-28-2016, 12:07 AM
I was mainly concerned with the West African elements component. He's a white boy. How does he have claim to that part?

What aspect of black apes do you suppose Southern whites have appropriated?

highwhey
06-28-2016, 12:16 AM
What aspect of black apes do you suppose Southern whites have appropriated?
And just like that, the veil is lifted. A racist exposes himself.

masonanddixon
06-28-2016, 12:17 AM

'White boy.'

'Black apes.'

Point. Counterpoint.

Funny how you have no issue with the derogatory term 'white boy'.

highwhey
06-28-2016, 12:20 AM
'White boy.'

'Black apes.'

Point. Counterpoint.

Funny how you have no issue with the derogatory term 'white boy'.
I would have zero problems if you had used black boy or black man. Black apes is a derogatory term. :confusedshrug:

masonanddixon
06-28-2016, 12:25 AM
I would have zero problems if you had used black boy or black man. Black apes is a derogatory term. :confusedshrug:

Black man isnt an insult and no one says black boy. It either be nig or boy or whatever.

It's just a word anyways. I don't understood why liberals care so much about a word; it's the act and the actions, not the word.

Overdrive
06-28-2016, 12:46 AM

He didn't need to be exposed tbh.

Bankaii
06-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Can't expect white people to acknowledge, let alone correct, issues that don't effect them.
They don't experience it so it must not exist.

OP still as dumb as ever, both on the basketball and Otc forums:oldlol:

L.Kizzle
06-28-2016, 12:55 AM
His name is masonanddixon, what did you expect lol.

KNOW1EDGE
06-28-2016, 01:10 AM
This is the type of sh1t that makes me embarrassed to be an American.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2016, 01:28 AM
Same old story. The black community blaming everyone but themselves. They make a huge fuss about a couple incidents with cops, as if their aren't thousands of police incidents every day, and completely ignore the fact that black people are killing other black people in their own communities on a daily basis. Complaining about cultural appropriation is the worste though. Welcome to America... everyone steals everyone's culture. That's a large part of what makes our Country unique.

I also find it ironic that Jesse Williams is half white, and essentially looks like Justin Timpberlake with a tan. Ya, I'm sure he was held back his whole life because of the color of his skin. :rolleyes:
who's ignoring these things?

Lamar Doom
06-28-2016, 01:34 AM
You can't criticize him for saying "black apes" or you're a PC lib-cuck-tard. Don't you read ISH? It's like when you couldn't say anything negative about a shitty musician without being a "hater", thinking something is disrespectful or bigoted means you're a kumbaya panty waste or a crybaby minority, end of discussion.

LOL meltdown SJW beta cuck rent free triggered! Look, I talk like you! Like I'm 14 and this is my only interaction with society :hammerhead:

PS- Who the shit is Jesse Williams? If that guy is black then I'm Bernie Mac (feel the Bern)

Akrazotile
06-28-2016, 01:49 AM
You can't criticize him for saying "black apes" or you're a PC lib-cuck-tard. Don't you read ISH? It's like when you couldn't say anything negative about a shitty musician without being a "hater", thinking something is disrespectful or bigoted means you're a kumbaya panty waste or a crybaby minority, end of discussion.

LOL meltdown SJW beta cuck rent free triggered! Look, I talk like you! Like I'm 14 and this is my only interaction with society :hammerhead:

PS- Who the shit is Jesse Williams? If that guy is black then I'm Bernie Mac (feel the Bern)

TRIGGERED :roll:

Lamar Doom
06-28-2016, 01:51 AM
TRIGGERED :roll:

STOP following me around! Grrrrr!! GRRRRR!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead:

Akrazotile
06-28-2016, 02:20 AM
STOP following me around! Grrrrr!! GRRRRR!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead:

Youre such a hipster, Doom. You and your persimmon chutney.

Lamar Doom
06-28-2016, 02:34 AM
https://s32.postimg.org/n1aerl491/unnamed_3.jpg

If you get up near Paso Robles, shit is chronic. With a little goat cheese and some artisan crackers? Forget about it.

PS- sorry I said "crackers" in this thread you guys

PMS - Seriously, Jesse Williams is Brian Austin Greene, right?

Akrazotile
06-28-2016, 02:35 AM
https://s32.postimg.org/n1aerl491/unnamed_3.jpg

If you get up near Paso Robles, shit is chronic. With a little goat cheese and some artisan crackers? Forget about it.

PS- sorry I said "crackers" in this thread you guys

PMS - Seriously, Jesse Williams is Brian Austin Greene, right?

I dunno but his wife is a dime tho, look her up.

NumberSix
06-28-2016, 04:38 AM
I was mainly concerned with the "West African elements" component. He's a white boy. How does he have claim to that part?

White southerners have as much claim to West African elements as blacks have to Anglo-Celtic elements.

America is a mix of cultures. Get over it. Whites are allowed to like rap, Latinos are allowed to eat fish n chips, blacks are allowed to eat tacos and Asians are allowed to play pianos.

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2016, 07:45 AM
Can't expect white people to acknowledge, let alone correct, issues that don't effect them.
They don't experience it so it must not exist.

OP still as dumb as ever, both on the basketball and Otc forums:oldlol:

http://www.fritolay.com/images/default-source/blue-bag-image/lays-salt-vinegar.png

PistolPete
06-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Clearly this guy hates his White side of the family. The side with any common sense.

He's trying so hard to be Black that he went ahead and married this...

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/wpgo/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/aryn-drake-lee-1_thumb.jpg

A guy like that could be pulling in women hotter than the women that Tiger Woods' ugly ass gets.

TheReal Kendall
06-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Clearly this guy hates his White side of the family. The side with any common sense.

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/wpgo/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/aryn-drake-lee-1_thumb.jpg

A guy like that could be pulling in women hotter than the women that Tiger Woods' ugly ass gets.

So you saying he's sexy?

He might think she hot. Different strokes for different folks

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2016, 10:20 AM
So you saying he's sexy?

He might think she hot. Different strokes for different folks

wtf is wrong with you? Why are you indicating attraction?

L.Kizzle
06-28-2016, 10:44 AM
White southerners have as much claim to West African elements as blacks have to Anglo-Celtic elements.

America is a mix of cultures. Get over it. Whites are allowed to like rap, Latinos are allowed to eat fish n chips, blacks are allowed to eat tacos and Asians are allowed to play pianos.
White southerners are usually the most racist. That's probably where he's coming from

32jazz
06-28-2016, 10:53 AM

Whites will be " claiming" Haitian 'voodoo soon considering Catholicism ,like other non African culture(language/ dress, etc) was forced upon Blacks in the West.

You're still salty over this issue .:oldlol:

sd3035
06-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Europe had thriving civilizations and monumental cities while blacks were still chasing each other around the jungle with sticks. I wonder who has benefited more from integration :lol

~primetime~
06-28-2016, 11:19 AM

Fck that!:mad:

Not while I'm around they won't...

UK2K
06-28-2016, 11:21 AM
White southerners are usually the most racist. That's probably where he's coming from

White southerners don't vote Democrat... :confusedshrug:

Dresta
06-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Well American culture is a mismatch of European and African influences. One of the arguments I hear is Blues and Jazz are the predecessor to modern music and Blues and Jazz are considered to be part of "black culture." But this ignores the fact that Blues and Jazz were influenced by European harmonic structure and European instruments.

The other argument is white artist copy black artist and receive more fame for their music and I think this is a decent argument to be made. But I think some of this isn't necessarily inherently racists its more to do with white Americans identifying better with white artists, and black americans do the same. There's a reason why sports like golf (before tiger woods and even after) and hockey aren't popular with black americans. Or TV show Seinfeld wasn't popular with black folks.

But getting back to my main point the argument of cultural appropriation is petty.
Jazz is most certainly a product of Christian-Greco-European culture, with some ethnic sprinklings mixed in. It is an offshoot, sure, but its antecedents are central to it, and it could not have existed without them (instruments, scales, tones, structure, etc.). The traditional scale, with tones and half-tones, goes all the way back to the Greeks, and the use of the major and minor scales as the tonal base of music goes back at least to Bach.

There is a reason Arab and Indian music sounds so unpleasant to our ears: Indian music works in quarter tones, and Arab music has 17 tones to our 12. If Jazz music was truly "African" in its structure and basis it would never have appealed to the descendants of European culture.

hateraid
06-28-2016, 11:27 AM

Bro, where can I get that article? Want to share that on my feed

UK2K
06-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Bro, where can I get that article? Want to share that on my feed

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/21/report-released-criminal-aliens-committed-nearly-10xs-crimes-obama-admin-told-congress/

The Obama Administration “grossly misrepresented” the number of crimes the criminal aliens it released from custody in FY 2014 subsequently committed by nearly tenfold, the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) charges.

According to FAIR, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) records the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) obtained via a Freedom of Information Act (FIOA) request on FAIR’s behalf reveal that the 30,558 criminal aliens ICE released in FY 2014 committed 13,288 additional crimes.

The number of subsequent convictions contained in FIOA documents is far higher than the 1,423 additional offenses ICE reported to the House Judiciary Committee last July.

The criminal aliens released in FY 2014 who went on to commit those additional crimes had convictions for offenses like homicide, kidnapping, assault, sexual assault, and drunk driving. The new crimes, according to ICE’s report to Congress, included vehicular homicide, domestic violence, sexual assault, DUI, burglary and assault.

“Rather than end dangerous politically-driven policies that have put a total of 85,000 deportable criminal aliens back onto the streets in the last three years, ICE tried to hide them by providing grossly inaccurate information to Congress and the American people,” Dan Stein, the president of FAIR, said in statement.

In April, ICE revealed that it released an additional 19,723 criminal aliens —who had a total of 64,197 convictions among them including 101 homicide convictions, 216 kidnapping convictions, 320 sexual assault convictions, 1,728 assault convictions, and 12,307 driving under the influence of alcohol convictions — from custody in FY 2015.

Right 'chere. Report isn't even a week old, but I don't see any MSM outlets covering it, oddly.

hateraid
06-28-2016, 11:37 AM
Right 'chere. Report isn't even a week old, but I don't see any MSM outlets covering it, oddly.

:cheers:

ace23
06-28-2016, 12:28 PM
White southerners have as much claim to West African elements as blacks have to Anglo-Celtic element.
That's not what you said but ok

NumberSix
06-28-2016, 05:27 PM
That's not what you said but ok
It's actually exactly what I said. Being that what we consider "black culture" has more native European elements than native African elements, white southerners like Justin Timberlake have just as much claim to "black culture" as black people do. Not difficult to understand.

ace23
06-28-2016, 05:32 PM
It's actually exactly what I said. Being that what we consider "black culture" has more native European elements than native African elements, white southerners like Justin Timberlake have just as much claim to "black culture" as black people do. Not difficult to understand.

NumberSix
06-28-2016, 05:53 PM
What are you having difficulty understanding?

The_Yearning
06-28-2016, 10:13 PM

Lmao that self-loathe... he's trying too hard to fit in.

Bet he was rooting for Steph Curry and Klay Thompson though.

AceManIII
06-29-2016, 09:34 AM
Europe had thriving civilizations and monumental cities while blacks were still chasing each other around the jungle with sticks. I wonder who has benefited more from integration :lol

Wanna go ahead and push for the "Black people should be thankful for slavery" argument? :lol

UK2K
06-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Wanna go ahead and push for the "Black people should be thankful for slavery" argument? :lol

Would you rather live in the US? Or Kenya? :oldlol:

AceManIII
06-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Would you rather live in the US? Or Kenya? :oldlol:

Odd thing is I just read this on FB yesterday

https://img2.brain3.photobox.com/12554104b73bdecc6b904db2de40f96bbd9492503636911405 2d1968e1223605530867e8.jpg

sd3035
06-29-2016, 03:17 PM

I don't see any of them rushing to get back to Africa :lol