View Full Version : The Suns' lookin nice

Klay 3D
06-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Bledsoe/Knight
Booker/Goodwin
Tucker/Warren
Bender/Chriss
Chandler/Lenn

If they can pick up Batum, Barnes, or Parsons, they're going to be a surprising playoff team. Going to be a fun 2K squad too.

ClipperRevival
06-27-2016, 12:47 PM
That Chriss dude is an athletic FREAK. His ceiling is about as high as how much he improves. Just a freak.

They've definitely got a lot of young talent.

Klay 3D
06-27-2016, 12:53 PM
That Chriss dude is an athletic FREAK. His ceiling is about as high as how much he improves. Just a freak.

6'10 with a 38.5" vertical compared to 35.5" of Blake Griffin and we saw how BG used those hops. Both two feet jumpers

GreatHILL
06-27-2016, 12:54 PM

Amare part 2 :rockon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdSqMQr-5k

GO SUNS!!! :cheers:

ClipperRevival
06-27-2016, 01:04 PM
6'10 with a 38.5" vertical compared to 35.5" of Blake Griffin and we saw how BG used those hops. Both two feet jumpers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYK69r7BRcc

To me, he's already one of the best athletes in the NBA. The way he explodes off the floor so effortlessly separates him from other "elite" athletes.

Klay 3D
06-27-2016, 01:10 PM

To me, he's already one of the best athletes in the NBA. The way he explodes off the floor so effortlessly separates him from other "elite" athletes.
He reminds me of a taller John Wall that plays a different position.

livingby3's
06-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Dont forget Ulis.

Got a feeling Bledsoe and Goodwin will be shipped.

GreatHILL
06-27-2016, 01:17 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/suns/sites/default/files/styles/news_block_large_2_col/public/draftpicks160627_777.jpg

http://www.nba.com/suns/video/2016/06/24/1466794214191-Chriss-at-Draft.mov-614315

Klay 3D
06-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Dont forget Ulis.

Got a feeling Bledsoe and Goodwin will be shipped.
I'll admit that I never watched Ulis play or even knew he was until the draft. I'll check him out later but yeah got a feeling Bledsoe's gonna be gone. I'm not sure what they'd even let him go for...they really don't need anything position-wise except veterans. I say keep him. They're going to need his defense against this point guard driven league.

GreatHILL
06-27-2016, 01:25 PM
I'll admit that I never watched Ulis play or even knew he was until the draft. I'll check him out later but yeah got a feeling Bledsoe's gonna be gone. I'm not sure what they'd even let him go for...they really don't need anything position-wise except veterans. I say keep him. They're going to need his defense against this point guard driven league.

you need to peep this video of ulis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQVstFDsBo8

he reminds me lil bit of AI :D

Detroit
06-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Bledsoe/Knight
Booker/Goodwin
Tucker/Warren
Bender/Chriss
Chandler/Lenn

If they can pick up Batum, Barnes, or Parsons, they're going to be a surprising playoff team. Going to be a fun 2K squad too.

The way he lags and turns around after scoring a basket(from the youtube highlight reel) looks like a 2K animation in real life :oldlol:

Draz
06-27-2016, 01:27 PM
HOLY ****

https://youtu.be/DVdSqMQr-5k?t=79

Klay 3D
06-27-2016, 01:33 PM
you need to peep this video of ulis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQVstFDsBo8

he reminds me lil bit of AI :D
Omg he's like an Isaiah Thomas clone in a skinnier frame. The way they uses the stop and go/hesitation is almost identical.

FireDavidKahn
06-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Chriss is an amazing athlete, but he is by far the most likely to bust.

1) Very low BBIQ
2) Extremely awful defender
3) Historically bad defensive rebounder.

Honestly, it would take a miracle for this guy to be better than even Tyrus Thomas.

Bender on the other hand:applause:

livingby3's
06-27-2016, 09:07 PM

1) Very low BBIQ

Honestly, it would take a miracle for this guy to be better than even Tyrus Thomas.

I think the Suns know this and that's why they went on to pick both. One of them pan out they win.

They gave up nothing that they really need, to gamble on the potential of Chriss.
The 13 and 28 pick, which they won't need 4 rookies on opening night.
Bogdan Bogdanovic’s rights, who had seemingly been reluctant to play for the Suns.
And a 2020 2nd rounder.

raprap
06-27-2016, 09:28 PM

Next Amare? :D

KDthunderup
06-27-2016, 11:00 PM
Nah too young and too many good teams in the West. Give them another couple of years.

FreezingTsmoove
06-27-2016, 11:18 PM
Bender is the next Steven Adams but with an offensive touch

And Chriss is a slightly shorter DeAndre Jordan

Just wait till they get in their man bodies

Booker is also the next Kobe

KDthunderup
06-27-2016, 11:19 PM

Where the hell does the Steven Adams comparison come from? Nothing about Bender suggests tough nosed and loves contact.

Run&Gun=Fun
06-27-2016, 11:21 PM

Chriss has a shooting touch 35% 3's in college and the jumper looks nice and fluid.

One of knight or Bledsoe has to go, but I'm not sure who will be interested with their contracts and injury tendencies.

Don't sleep on Alex Len he's ready to break out imo

Run&Gun=Fun
06-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Where the hell does the Steven Adams comparison come from? Nothing about Bender suggests tough nosed and loves contact.

Yep Bender is more athletic and could potentially play the 3 spot with his shooting range.

Chriss /DJ comparison is also way off.

Sportal
06-27-2016, 11:26 PM
Didn't you guys get Labissiere(spelling?) too? You just never know.

livingby3's
06-27-2016, 11:46 PM
With the lack of forwards for the Suns, I'm sure at stretches we will see Bender and Chriss on the court together. The offense should be nice, but the Suns have got plenty of work to do, to develop their defensive capabilities, likewise for Booker and Warren.

CarlosBoozer
06-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Devin is the future, these young bloods will follow his lead.

longtime lurker
06-28-2016, 12:35 AM
Suns need to fix their PG position before anyone takes them seriously. Two injury prone players that don't really fit together.

KingPush
06-28-2016, 12:49 AM

I dont see what you're seeing at all.

He doesnt even look more athletic than Blake or Deandre

KDthunderup
06-28-2016, 01:44 AM
Yep Bender is more athletic and could potentially play the 3 spot with his shooting range.

Chriss /DJ comparison is also way off.
Lol Bender is not more athletic, not even close. Adams is one of the most athletic big men in the league, 7 foot tall, a 7'4 wingspan with great mobility and explosiveness. Bender's athleticism and defensive ability is one of his biggest weaknesses. Bender is more skilled offensively and can shoot so they are literally opposites in player comparison. It is honestly one of the worst comparisons Iv'e ever heard.

Run&Gun=Fun
06-28-2016, 01:49 AM
Lol Bender is not more athletic, not even close. Adams is one of the most athletic big men in the league, 7 foot tall, a 7'4 wingspan with great mobility and explosiveness. Bender's athleticism and defensive ability is one of his biggest weaknesses. Bender is more skilled offensively and can shoot so they are literally opposites in player comparison. It is honestly one of the worst comparisons Iv'e ever heard.

No, most scouting reports say his athleticism is elite even for NBA level his shooting is sometimes erratic but should improve.

"Exceptionally mobile/agile for a player of his size, good perimeter defender"

http://www.nba.com/draft/2016/prospects/dragan_bender/index.html?ls=iref:nba:draft:tracker

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-28-2016, 01:55 AM
Nah too young and too many good teams in the West. Give them another couple of years.
My thoughts exactly. Even if Bender and Chriss live up to some potential, that team is still at least 1 season away (i.e. they are NOT making much noise in '16-17). I think Booker is a future star/superstar. Like, Klay/Harden level.

Plus yeah...who's starting at the 2 G positions between Booker, Knight, and Bledsoe? Is Knight for sure coming off bench?

SwishSquared
06-28-2016, 01:59 AM
Loved the Suns picking Bender. They consolidated 2 draft assets + a nice stash to move up for Chriss. He seems very boom/bust right now. I figured Bogdan would stay overseas for 1 more year to get a much richer deal. I think Phoenix could have found value still at 13/28 via stash or drafting immediately playable guys (Baldwin/McCaw?).

Bledsoe is apparently being shopped already. I think one of the 2 incumbent guards needs to go, especially if Knight wants to start. Booker has def got to start at the 2 to begin developing. I think the Suns should start a young lineup to bring these guys along together to build chemistry.

livingby3's
06-28-2016, 02:00 AM
who's starting at the 2 G positions between Booker, Knight, and Bledsoe? Is Knight for sure coming off bench?

Well everyone is talking about benching Knight. But we all know it won't sit well with Sarver's wallet and Knight's ego. I don't know man they should really hurry to make something happen, even if at a losing end of the deal.

Addition by subtraction they have to clear the logjam for the future of the team

G-train
06-28-2016, 02:01 AM
Not a Chriss fan at all. Reminds me of Vonleh.

KDthunderup
06-28-2016, 02:07 AM
No, most scouting reports say his athleticism is elite even for NBA level his shooting is sometimes erratic but should improve.

"Exceptionally mobile/agile for a player of his size, good perimeter defender"

http://www.nba.com/draft/2016/prospects/dragan_bender/index.html?ls=iref:nba:draft:tracker
Being mobile doesn't necessarily = athletic. Adams is strong as **** and mobile which is what makes him such a defensive beast. Bender lacks explosive ability and strength which is what I'm mostly referring to. Sabonis is another guy who is mobile for his size, you wouldn't call him athletic for NBA standards would you?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dragan-bender

"Not a great athlete … Limited leaping ability … Not explosive enough to play as a wing at the next level … At time he looks like a perimeter player trapped in a big man’s body … Stronger players can bully him on the post on both ends of the floor"

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-28-2016, 02:16 AM
Well everyone is talking about benching Knight. But we all know it won't sit well with Sarver's wallet and Knight's ego. I don't know man they should really hurry to make something happen, even if at a losing end of the deal.

Addition by subtraction they have to clear the logjam for the future of the team
I agree, but 3 isn't too big of a logjam. Plus, all 3 can FINISH games, who cares about starting right? If I were one of them, I'd be happy w/ 25mpg off the bench while playing the last 6 mins. Same thing as Iggy w/ GSW, Harden on OKC, etc.

livingby3's
06-28-2016, 02:37 AM
I agree, but 3 isn't too big of a logjam. Plus, all 3 can FINISH games, who cares about starting right? If I were one of them, I'd be happy w/ 25mpg off the bench while playing the last 6 mins. Same thing as Iggy w/ GSW, Harden on OKC, etc.

I understand what u're saying, but this isn't Manu we are talking about. It doesn't sit well for a lot of players in their 20's (not at the end of their career) to come off the bench. Knight has stated he will not favour the idea of a role change, ala coming off the bench. Only way for this to work is for Booker to give up his starting role, but if the Suns value their future then Devin's minutes need to be in the 30's. Knight and Bledsoe does not play well together. Also even if the Suns were to play all 3 heavy minutes, I think we might have a problem on the defensive end due to the size and frame disadvantage.

It's regrettable that the Suns paid such a premier for both Knight and Bledsoe, now they have to pay for it.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-28-2016, 02:46 AM
It's regrettable that the Suns paid such a premier for both Knight and Bledsoe, now they have to pay for it.
Well, I mean, Kings need a PG...and Kings and Suns have just done a friendly trade. How about another? :D

Cousins for Knight + Warren + 2017 1st rnd pick??? :cheers:

livingby3's
06-28-2016, 02:53 AM
Well, I mean, Kings need a PG...and Kings and Suns have just done a friendly trade. How about another? :D

Cousins for Knight + Warren + 2017 1st rnd pick??? :cheers:

I will do it :cheers:

Cousins / Chandler
Len/ Bender
(FA)/ Tucker/ Chriss
Booker/ Goodwin
Bledsoe/ Ulis

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-28-2016, 03:04 AM
I will do it :cheers:

Cousins / Chandler
Len/ Bender
(FA)/ Tucker/ Chriss
Booker/ Goodwin
Bledsoe/ Ulis
*phew*, for a sec, I was afraid you'd say "no" since that'd turn into a logjam at C. Especially w/ Chandler's contract. Let's call up Vlade and McDonough and get it done lol...

WCS
????
Gay
McLemore
Knight
-------
Papagiannis
Koufos
Labissiere
Casspi
Malachi
Collison
Isaiah Cousins

It's a start. Still have 4 C's...need a true PF. Which is what i'd have asked from Suns, but that'd just be their rookies lol. Maybe I can work out a Skal + Gay deal somewhere else...for Love or Noel or ZBo...

wally_world
06-28-2016, 03:28 AM

:coleman: making comparison athletically to Blake/DeAndre sound like a bad thing

KingPush
06-28-2016, 03:39 AM
:coleman: making comparison athletically to Blake/DeAndre sound like a bad thing
Dude said he thinks Chriss is already the best athlete in the league. And Blake and deandre aren't even the most athletic in the league so what is you saying bruh

livingby3's
06-28-2016, 04:35 AM
*phew*, for a sec, I was afraid you'd say "no" since that'd turn into a logjam at C. Especially w/ Chandler's contract. Let's call up Vlade and McDonough and get it done lol...

It's a start. Still have 4 C's...need a true PF. Which is what i'd have asked from Suns, but that'd just be their rookies lol. Maybe I can work out a Skal + Gay deal somewhere else...for Love or Noel or ZBo...

The Suns had played Chandler with Len at PF and the result were better than expected. While our PFs develop I wouldn't mind having Len log some minutes at the 4 spot. Besides, imo, big men are always assets and it doesn't hurt to have more.
I came across some ideas of sliding Chriss to have some minutes at the 3, no idea how that will work out, but it's something worth experimenting.

well at least for me, it's better than to watch Brandon 'Chuck' Knight launch bricks.

Run&Gun=Fun
06-28-2016, 04:40 AM
Bledsoe and cousins are good friends I think, so it might work

The Suns haven't had a superstar for a while so I think the fans would be happy to shake it up with something like this.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2016, 10:52 AM

Well, Blake and DJ are two of THE most athletic bigs in the game. I just think he's in their class. He explodes off the floor almost effortlessly. Can't teach that.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2016, 10:54 AM

1) Very low BBIQ

Yeah, Chriss was drafted primarily for his off the charts athleticism. He could very well bust if his skills/IQ doesn't get polished but teams love that athleticism.

Klay 3D
06-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Dude said he thinks Chriss is already the best athlete in the league. And Blake and deandre aren't even the most athletic in the league so what is you saying bruh
Good job on twisting his words. He said ONE of the best. However, I need to see strength against bigger NBA guys for me give him that label. Very great athlete though.

GINOBILI!
06-28-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm excited to see Bender play.

NugzFan
06-28-2016, 03:39 PM
They look nice but currently still a tier below the other up and coming young west teams like Minnesota, Utah, Denver and lakers.

FireDavidKahn
06-28-2016, 03:55 PM
They look nice but currently still a tier below the other up and coming young west teams like Minnesota, Utah, Denver and lakers.
Lakers?:confusedshrug:

I'd be willing to avy bet (for a year) that the Suns will be better than the Lakers for at least 3 years.

...The draw to LA is undeniable but no top tier will ever sign with a bottom feeding team...LA has to prove that their young talent is actually worthy.