PDA

View Full Version : State your favorite NBA team's biggest free agency needs

insidehoops
06-29-2016, 04:56 AM
State your favorite team, and
- Biggest needs in free agency
- What you hope happens
- What might realistically happen

Do this for multiple teams, if you want.

feyki
06-29-2016, 06:36 AM
Mavericks free agency needs:

• Conley and versatile big , who can play help defence and has enough agility for defend picks/switches ( Horford or Biyombo )

• Conley+Horford+ Marvin

• I don't know what will happen about Conley . Horford won't play for us . But we can get Biyombo , i guess .

fragokota
06-29-2016, 06:49 AM
Heat:

Keep Whiteside, get the best SF possible, hope Bosh gets to play bball again.

Bosnian Sajo
06-29-2016, 07:08 AM
Lakers

Coming into this off season, our two biggest needs were at the SF and C positions, along with adding depth to the bench. We filled our need at SF with drafting Ingram and found a backup center in the draft in Zubac. Now we have to focus on finding a DEFENSIVE center who can do work for the team without the ball in his hands.

When it comes to that in free agency, I got my eyes on younger players like Whiteside/Biyombo/Ezeli, and then two veterans in Horford and Noah. Best case scenario would be Whiteside followed by Horford, only because of age, but realistically if Whiteside decides to go back to Miami and Horford says no, I can definitely see Biyombo or Ezeli signing with us (Biyombo, preferably).

We also need a backup PG, which is yet to be determined who we are interested in and who is interested in us.

Im Still Ballin
06-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Kings:

WE NEED MORE CENTERS.

Right now we have Cousins, WCS, Koufos, Papagiannis and Skal

We simply need more centers.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-29-2016, 08:08 AM
Raptors:

Nothing really. Team pretty much peaked with the core we have this past year. Don't see us having a shot of beating Cleveland barring getting Durant, which obviously isn't going to happen.

I suppose we need to replace Biyombo, given that he's probably getting a lot of money. Maybe buy low on Ezeli?

Bernkastel
06-29-2016, 08:18 AM
Nets: Draft picks

DirkNowitzki41
06-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Mavs - get rid of Parsons. Get Marvin Williams. Attempt for Conley and Whiteside (very unlikely). Over pay for Biyombo or Horford if not Whiteside.

Resign D-Will.

kshutts1
06-29-2016, 10:19 AM
Bulls' biggest need, as it has been for a while now, is another shot creator on the perimeter. Secondary would be an athletic Center.

Realistic outcome is that they don't do anything (they almost never do) other than signing bit role players, if that. Players like Hinrich and Mozgov are what I expect.

My preferred (realistic) option, though, would be Cole, Bazmore and Biyombo. That doesn't fill the "shot creator" void very well, but this FA class doesn't have many affordable options there. I'd take a flyer on Lawson, but only if he's willing to come cheaply and/or on a very short contract.

Adding in something new, my under-the-radar guys (guys that not many are thinking about as good players, but could explode this upcoming season) in this FA class are:
Bazemore
Turner
Rush
Hairston
Cole
Galloway
Fournier
Ronnie Price
Ross

Wally450
06-29-2016, 10:27 AM
Celtics

- Rim Protection
- 3 pt. Shooting

Lebron23
06-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Cavaliers

Veteran Role Players
Young Backup Center

kshutts1
06-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Celtics

- Rim Protection
- 3 pt. Shooting
Funny that they reportedly turned down Noel (rim protecting), Covington (3p shooting) and picks 24 and 26 for the 3rd pick.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-29-2016, 11:58 AM
GSW
needs - depth everywhere besides PG. They may lose a lot, having just Bogs, Dray, Klay, Steph, Iggy, and Looney under contract, while Livingston is expected to re-sign. There are the 2 rooks - a C and a SG - so that helps. So a SF, better/veteran big/stretch 4 seem like they should be paramount. Maybe a better/veteran backup SG, too.

my hopes - really? KD would be amazeballs. He's one of my favorite players. I like Horford too, but I'd prefer he go to a team he can play his more natural PF. If they get KD, tho, what else can they afford for depth if they also have to sacrifice Bogs, Iggy, or both? My hopes are pretty much nothing really, since I have faith in whatever Myers does.

realistically - I think they'll realize KD may break them up too much. Instead, I think GSW goes for depth, while still getting quality. I think GSW gets semi-local hero Ryan Anderson, Luol Deng, Jared Dudley, Lance Thomas, ring-chaser David West, and bring Steve Blake back. Myers is feeling generous and wants to give some vets their ring. Something along those lines. That'd give them:

Bogut
Draymond
Deng
Klay
Steph
-------
D Jones
R Anderson
D West
Looney
Iggy
L Thomas
J Dudley
McCaw
Livingston
Blake

That's still a title contender, imo. We all know Kerr can make it happen.

Sac
needs - PG should be priority #1. Next up is shooting, perimeter D, a true PF, a young SF to replace Gay. Yeah...alot.

hopes - A miracle happens and Conley signs to play for Joerger again. And Ryan Anderson returns home. Cousins is traded to a contender (to make him happy), LAL (to make him think he's happy), or a team closer to home (to make him happy). A PF/wing/PG (whatever Kings still need) is a must, as well as 1-3 1st rnders. I've posted numerous proposed trades to GSW, Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Suns on these forums, but Hawks, Hornets, Rockets, and Bulls are all teams I'd like trades with.

realistically - who the f*ck knows.

Raptors:

Nothing really. Team pretty much peaked with the core we have this past year. Don't see us having a shot of beating Cleveland barring getting Durant, which obviously isn't going to happen.

I suppose we need to replace Biyombo, given that he's probably getting a lot of money. Maybe buy low on Ezeli?
What about Derozen? He expected to stay?

Derka
06-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Celtics:

Rim protection and guys who can make shots.

Thunderfan86
06-29-2016, 01:47 PM
OKC Thunder:

- Kevin Durant
- He stays
- He stays

RoundMoundOfReb
06-29-2016, 02:55 PM
What about Derozen? He expected to stay?

If I had to guess I say he'll be back. I would rather go after someone like Batum. I'm not a Derozan fan.

Honestly, the team should try to get Cousins. Valunciunus + Assets.

Miles and Miles
06-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Kings need guards. Since they can't attract decent FA then everyone on the roster should be available to get guards.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-29-2016, 04:43 PM
If I had to guess I say he'll be back. I would rather go after someone like Batum. I'm not a Derozan fan.

Honestly, the team should try to get Cousins. Valunciunus + Assets.
Yeah, I have thought of Toronto in all my various attempts to come up w/ great Cousins trades scenarios. But Kings don't need a C, and Raptors having both Val and Cousins is redundant. I'd probably give the Raptors MORE bigs... something like this:

Tor gets - DeMarcus Cousins + Skal Labissiere
Sac gets - Jonas Valanciunas + Bruno Caboclo + 2018 1st rnd pick

I really would like Cory Joseph, and wouldn't mind Ross. But not sure what Kings would give back to continue the balance. Rudy Gay lol?

edit:
ugh, even I don't really like that trade scenario. Kings just don't need a C, not even to replace Cousins lol. WCS needs more mins, as will Papagiannis. And there's still Koufos. What Kings need is a PF and PG. Once again, maybe a 3rd team would need to enter to send Val somewhere...

edit2:
ok quick one I thought up:

Tor gets - DeMarcus Cousins
Sac gets - Paul Millsap + Cory Joseph + 2018 1st rnd pick (Atl)
Atl gets - Jonas Valanciunas + Skal Labissiere

Bobcats2013
06-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Warriors
- Big man who can score
- Reliable slasher who can get to the freethrow line

bold is the big 1.

bigkingsfan
06-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Lebron James and Kevin Durant

Jameerthefear
06-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Magic
Shooting
Backup center (potentially)
Small forward (preferably a shooter)

I've wanted to trade Vucevic for a while now so I guess here are my scenarios:
Magic trade: Nikola Vucevic
PHX trades: Eric Bledsoe + lottery protected 1st

Why for Orlando?
Magic get a solid starting PG who can shoot the 3 a little bit. Another shooter on the floor also leaves the door open for Gordon to play the 3. You can start Ibaka at center or go for Horford in free agency.
run out with,

Bledsoe/Payton
Fournier/Meeks
Gordon/Hezonja
Ibaka/Jason Smith
Horford/Dedmon (if he gets resigned)

Of course that's an incredibly risky trade.

Jasper
06-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Bucks need a backup for Plumlee , and a sharp shooter like someone from Toronto :D

red1
06-30-2016, 09:39 AM
raptors:
-powerforward is our weakest position so looking to sign or trade for that position would be our best bet
-we will resign demar and drafted to replace biyombo who is about to about to get paid so we are pretty much set at every other position.

Meticode
06-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers

They need to focus on resigning the players who performed this season.

J.R. Smith
He opted out of his player option to make more money and rightfully so. He showed up this season (especially int he second half) finishing 7th in the NBA in 3PM, he finished 3rd in playoffs in 3PM behind Klay Thompson and Steph Curry, but shot it better than both of them at a 43% clip. He's turned himself into a decent two-way player and has turned out much better than anyone excepted when the Cavaliers acquired him.

Richard Jefferson
He was huge for the Cavs in the playoffs when Love went out and he's a great locker-room guy. He'll only get the vet minimum I think, but if he wants to when another ring he'll resign.

Matthew Dellavedova
Great guy to have as a 3rd string backup, or even play off the bench or start a game or two for you. Great hustle guy, city loves him, no reason not to bring him back.

Mo Williams
He would've turned out better this season I think if he didn't have knee issues. While Irving was out he filled in the role well which is largely why I think the Cavs got off to a good start.

They might need to let Mozgov go, I don't know...he just wasn't himself all season.

Glide2keva
07-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Bulls: A New GM

DMAVS41
07-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Mavs:

Kidnap Mark Cuban and Nellie Jr.

feyki
07-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Someone throw playmaker on us :(

chazzy
07-02-2016, 01:36 AM
Timofey
Mozgov

ShawkFactory
07-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Somebody like Lebron or kobe

MintBerryCrunch
07-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Cavs only need is keeping LeBron. He can win with any cast around him.