PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving Ceiling A More Efficient Gilbert Arenas/ Or Rich Man's Tony Parker?

CTbasketball92
06-29-2016, 12:44 PM
I always wondered what his ceiling might be. He never had the scoring totals of arenas, but he playes like 5 minutes less for his career. The tony parker comparison makes a bit of sense because neither are "true" pg's but have great handles and i think keep turnovers low.

Idk, what do you guys think?

feyki
06-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Small version of Kobe .

AintNoSunshine
06-29-2016, 02:31 PM
His ceiling is something we have never seen before, an efficient little guy volume scorer. Can't think of a comparison to that because we have never seen a point guard with this kind of penetration game and is also a great shooter. It has always been one or thr other.

And his also in a privileged position to play along side Lebron who shoulders the play making responsibilities which allows Kyrie to do what he does best.

SilkkTheShocker
06-29-2016, 02:38 PM
His ceiling is something we have never seen before, an efficient little guy volume scorer. Can't think of a comparison to that because we have never seen a point guard with this kind of penetration game and is also a great shooter. It has always been one or thr other.

And his also in a privileged position to play along side Lebron who shoulders the play making responsibilities which allows Kyrie to do what he does best.

Agreed. Not to nitpick though, but Irving is like 6'3. He is pretty big for a PG. I think he just looks smaller on television because he is always in the paint destroying opposing big men

WayOfWad3
06-29-2016, 02:46 PM
LeBron James himself said that Kyrie can be MVP some day, coming from a man who's won 4 of them that's got to mean something

BlueandGold
06-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Agreed. Not to nitpick though, but Irving is like 6'3. He is pretty big for a PG. I think he just looks smaller on television because he is always in the paint destroying opposing big men
bigger version of AI as well as way less score happy.

K.dot ShowTime
06-29-2016, 02:52 PM
Rich man's Curry

FreezingTsmoove
06-29-2016, 02:54 PM
What disrespect to Tony Parker

A rich mans Tony Parker is the GOAT PG of all time

RoundMoundOfReb
06-29-2016, 02:58 PM
6'3 aggressive Chris Paul without the elite passing/vision.

Tarik One
06-29-2016, 02:59 PM
He's probably the best at going to his left/weak side

SilkkTheShocker
06-29-2016, 03:02 PM
Rich man's Curry

As much as we s.hit on Curry after completing the worst choke in NBA history, you would still rather have him in the regular season over Irving. Playoffs though? I am taking Irving. Curry was garbo most of the time, and not even the best player on his own team. Irving was on point almost all postseason. He was bad the first two games of the Finals. Than he went the f.uck off and hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history. I honestly wouldn't be crazy shocked if Curry won MVP again. And than of course went into the playoffs playing like his choking self.

SilkkTheShocker
06-29-2016, 03:04 PM
What disrespect to Tony Parker

A rich mans Tony Parker is the GOAT PG of all time

Agreed with this. TP was a bad motherf.ucker for a long time.

tpols
06-29-2016, 03:09 PM
idk.. tony parker's a bit different .. more movement efficient with his dribbling and just in general attacking, numbers back up he was significantly better in the paint. to me, kyrie is more of an allen iverson that can actually shoot (and less of a headcase obviously) .

JohnMax
06-29-2016, 07:13 PM
6'3 aggressive Chris Paul without the elite passing/vision.

:cheers:

K Xerxes
06-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Bigger AI with higher BBIQ and better shooting but less speed and quickness.

TAZORAC
06-29-2016, 07:37 PM
Allen Iverson..without the ball hogging and a better jump shooter. A little less speed.

FatComputerNerd
06-29-2016, 07:39 PM
A.I with a pure jumper. Been saying it for ages.

raprap
06-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Prince Kyrie :bowdown:

Smoke117
06-29-2016, 07:48 PM
Kyrie Irving plays nothing like Tony Parker.

GoatBoy
06-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Kyrie Irving plays nothing like Tony Parker.
This

Not sure why TP has been brought up in this thread

RedBlackAttack
06-29-2016, 09:08 PM

Kyrie's size and strength is probably the most unnoticed and overlooked thing about his game. He was muscling Klay Thompson on a lot of those crazy finishes in The Finals.

Here is a picture of Team USA. Take a look at how broad Kyrie's shoulders are compared to Lowry and even a guy like Durant. Irving can overpower most other guards in the league.

http://i63.tinypic.com/15wc9z6.jpg

FKAri
06-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Parker relied more on his quickness. Kyrie relies more on his ball handling and feints. Also Kyrie is a much better shooter than Parker ever was.

moongaze
06-29-2016, 10:04 PM
This

Not sure why TP has been brought up in this thread

Maybe because he can spam drives to the rim at times and usually finishes at the rim with layups? I see a little tony Parker as far as the penetration but I feel like Kyrie is more similar to Iverson. Kyrie is Iverson with a better jumpshot

KyrieTheFuture
06-29-2016, 10:10 PM
He's AI minus athleticism plus a brain.

moongaze
06-29-2016, 10:20 PM
Kyrie's size and strength is probably the most unnoticed and overlooked thing about his game. He was muscling Klay Thompson on a lot of those crazy finishes in The Finals.

Here is a picture of Team USA. Take a look at how broad Kyrie's shoulders are compared to Lowry and even a guy like Durant. Irving can overpower most other guards in the league.

And you'd never know this by looking at him in a basketball uniform during a game. The dude looks small on TV but when you see him at the parade with his shirt off and pics like that,you realize just how strong he actually is. It's shocking. Kind of like his athleticism that so many people say he's somewhat lacking. It's all subtle

CTbasketball92
06-29-2016, 11:05 PM
Kyrie's game is a lot like kobe's considering the quickness body control and use of the midrange game, except kyrie prob. has even a bit better break down ability, is a much better 3 point shooter and prob. Midrange as well. Difference being that he's a good deal shorter than Kobe obviously and is a notch below I'm athleticism and stamina. Kobe is probably the greatest streak scorer ever and a better passer funny enough. Maybe a 2011 Derrick rose game with Kobe iso skills is a good guess. 26 ppg 6 assists on 60% true shooting is great.

CTbasketball92
06-29-2016, 11:07 PM

Yeah, he looks pretty big there. He is for sure not undersized like people say. A legit 6'2" without shoes, an 8'3" standing reach (John wall's is like 8'5") and good natural strength and very good athleticism.