PDA

View Full Version : If Adam Silver doesn't suspend Draymond Green, do the Cavaliers win?

warriorfan
06-29-2016, 11:39 PM
If Adam Silver doesn't suspend Draymond Green then the Warriors win game 5. Iguodala and Bogut never get injured. Done deal. LeBron's championship may have an asterisk because it was facilitated by Adam Silver.

SouBeachTalents
06-29-2016, 11:41 PM
Yes, cause Curry was hurt

Ben Simmons
06-29-2016, 11:42 PM
Adam Silver didnt suspend Draymond. He was suspended for multiple flagrant points over the playoffs.

If the nba was consistent he should have been suspended by Silver for game 6 as well like every other player who targets the nuts is (even on accident) .

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Yes, the Cavaliers win. Nothing was stopping LeBron that game, just like Green didn't stop him in game 6 either.

But Green needs to stop hitting people in the nuts. The suspension is completely on him for being reckless. It's not an excuse for the series at all, stop using it.

Springsteen
06-29-2016, 11:45 PM
It was his decision to give Lebron's cojones a love tap.

Even if Bran did bait him into it, he should've known by then every eye of social media, the Cavs front office, and the NBA FO was on him after the heat for sliding his kick to Adams under the table.

We can play hypotheticals all day, but the fact is he brought it on himself and therefore his team.

DMAVS41
06-29-2016, 11:54 PM
If Adam Silver doesn't suspend Draymond Green then the Warriors win game 5. Iguodala and Bogut never get injured. Done deal. LeBron's championship may have an asterisk because it was facilitated by Adam Silver.

So, does the Warriors title from 15 have an asterisk for playing only bad/injured teams?

warriorfan
06-29-2016, 11:58 PM
So, does the Warriors title from 15 have an asterisk for playing only bad/injured teams?

The warriors 15 title perhaps has a small asterisk but the Cavaliers title has a large one, due to injuries to GSW's best player and more importantly the dubious suspension of Draymond Green

FireDavidKahn
06-29-2016, 11:59 PM
Adam Silver didn't suspend Draymond...Draymond suspended Draymond by kicking like 5 people in the nuts.

J Shuttlesworth
06-30-2016, 12:00 AM
The warriors 15 title perhaps has a small asterisk but the Cavaliers title has a large one, due to injuries to GSW's best player and more importantly the dubious suspension of Draymond Green
:roll: excusefan, you are such a joke

Fudge
06-30-2016, 12:14 AM
http://oi67.tinypic.com/sg0u2o.jpg

Lettuce not forget.

Sportal
06-30-2016, 04:35 AM

Why do you make these threads when you're a hypocrite?

If Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love weren't injured in 2015, do the Golden State Warriors have a title?

JebronLames
06-30-2016, 04:46 AM
If silver doesn't suspend green, cavs win in 6!

:djparty

Asiantastic
06-30-2016, 04:53 AM
It's hard to say. The Warriors had all the momentum going into Game 5, so suspending him did affect the Warriors chances of winning.

BUT, the Warriors did start playing poorly too, especially Curry. On top of that, LeBron had a legendary Game 5, 6 and 7, so you can't take this win away from the Cavs.

Everyone should really stop playing this "what if this happened" game. Shit happens in every Finals. (Bynum injury in 08, KG injury in 09, Perkins injury in 10, Irving injury in 15, etc.)

Just take the loss and move on.

aj1987
06-30-2016, 05:08 AM
Adam Silver didnt suspend Draymond. He was suspended for multiple flagrant points over the playoffs.

If the nba was consistent he should have been suspended by Silver for game 6 as well like every other player who targets the nuts is (even on accident) .
I still can't believe that people can't understand that Green got suspended because of points.

AirBonner
06-30-2016, 05:34 AM
How does Green make up for the loss of Bogut? Bogut is the warriors best player so no.

no pun intended
06-30-2016, 05:36 AM
It's hard to say. The Warriors had all the momentum going into Game 5, so suspending him did affect the Warriors chances of winning.

BUT, the Warriors did start playing poorly too, especially Curry. On top of that, LeBron had a legendary Game 5, 6 and 7, so you can't take this win away from the Cavs.

Everyone should really stop playing this "what if this happened" game. Shit happens in every Finals. (Bynum injury in 08, KG injury in 09, Perkins injury in 10, Irving injury in 15, etc.)

Just take the loss and move on.

This.

Either way, the Warriors were still losers in real life.

r0drig0lac
06-30-2016, 06:09 AM
:lol

soots
06-30-2016, 06:14 AM
Theres is no doubt in my mind the suspension changed the series.

Not even a question.

The main talking point was whether he deserved it.

IMO he deserved it against OKC, and that was the time to set the standard. But they were down to OKC so they didnt suspend him then. Then they changed the bar/leniency when it was exactly the opposite way for Cavs.

If GSW are down 1-3, all my money is on him not being suspended. The rule was enforced to lengthen the series.

GINOBILI!
06-30-2016, 06:24 AM
With Green, Warriors win game 5 and the series before the injury bug struck and the Warriors imploded.

Gileraracer
06-30-2016, 06:25 AM
NAH, GSW in 5

Bosnian Sajo
06-30-2016, 06:27 AM
I still don't see how you give up a 3-1 lead in the ****ing finals of all places, especially after you yourself came back from 1-3 deficit just to enter the finals.

I cringe thinking back to it...

soots
06-30-2016, 06:29 AM
With Green, Warriors win game 5 and the series before the injury bug struck and the Warriors imploded.

Its not just that. The whole NBA playoffs between the legit contenders was based off momentum.

OKC got momentum against Spurs
GSW got momentum against OKC.

We are talking about breaking new records here, GSW broke game 1 finals record here. And we saw a plethora of 2 games down comebacks.

Momentum was the name of the game in this years playoffs.

soots
06-30-2016, 06:30 AM
I still don't see how you give up a 3-1 lead in the ****ing finals of all places, especially after you yourself came back from 1-3 deficit just to enter the finals.

I cringe thinking back to it...

No team should have to win 5 out of 7 in a series.

Kings 2002/10

Ben Simmons
06-30-2016, 06:31 AM
Theres is no doubt in my mind the suspension changed the series.

Not even a question.

The main talking point was whether he deserved it.

IMO he deserved it against OKC, and that was the time to set the standard. But they were down to OKC so they didnt suspend him then. Then they changed the bar/leniency when it was exactly the opposite way for Cavs.

If GSW are down 1-3, all my money is on him not being suspended. The rule was enforced to lengthen the series.
Wrong. He was given a flagrant in both instances. The difference is that a flagrant was an automatic suspension because he already committed so many in earlier rounds.

How did they change the rules? Are you being purposely ignorant? If the nba wanted to set a standard he should have been suspended for game 6 as well one game for the multiple flagrant fouls another game for hitting players in the nuts.

Bosnian Sajo
06-30-2016, 06:34 AM
No team should have to win 5 out of 7 in a series.

Kings 2002/10

uhhhh..

Lebron23
06-30-2016, 06:37 AM

Plenty of excuses? Just Shut the Hell Up!!!

soots
06-30-2016, 06:53 AM
How did they change the rules? Are you being purposely ignorant? If the nba wanted to set a standard he should have been suspended for game 6 as well one game for the multiple flagrant fouls another game for hitting players in the nuts.

Thats my point exactly, he was doing worse chit against OKC. He should have been suspended in the OKC series and understood where the refs stood. Instead they changed the bar to let GSW back into that OKC series, then changed it back in the finals to let Cavs back in. NBA finals (championship game) is not the time to change their leniency.

Green got away with atleast 3x worse plays in the OKC series than the one where he literally pushed LBJ with the back of his hand and made contact with his shorts

Im a spurs supporter and i think OKC beat us fair and square and they should have beaten GSW as well.

Uncle Drew
06-30-2016, 07:06 AM
They lost G6 and G7 with Green in the lineup; so yes.

WayOfWad3
06-30-2016, 07:16 AM
Thats my point exactly, he was doing worse chit against OKC. He should have been suspended in the OKC series and understood where the refs stood. Instead they changed the bar to let GSW back into that OKC series, then changed it back in the finals to let Cavs back in. NBA finals (championship game) is not the time to change their leniency.

Green got away with atleast 3x worse plays in the OKC series than the one where he literally pushed LBJ with the back of his hand and made contact with his shorts

Im a spurs supporter and i think OKC beat us fair and square and they should have beaten GSW as well.
Thinking back, the Warriors have a huge asterisk THIS season for that bs in the Thunder series. They were down 3-1 and then Silver decided to throw them a bone by not suspending Draymond. If anything this post season was an over achievement for them, and a dirty one at that

GINOBILI!
06-30-2016, 07:24 AM
Wrong. He was given a flagrant in both instances. The difference is that a flagrant was an automatic suspension because he already committed so many in earlier rounds.

Dray did not deserve a flagrant though, he deserved a technical, which would not have gotten him suspended. It was the first time I have ever seen a hit that was not impactful be called a flagrant. If you try to punch a person and only graze them, it has always been a technical. Yes, if you connect hard, it will be a flagrant. Green's groin shot had no impact on LeBron other than piss LeBron off because of what was attempted. This should have been a tech, but was called a flagrant to guarantee a suspension.

This is in contrast to the WCF when there was actually a significant blow, which means a flagrant was warranted.

Ben Simmons
06-30-2016, 07:30 AM

No, you're not paying attention. He got the same punishment both times. The reason he was suspended was because it was an automatic suspension. Not because they change the bar. He should have been been forced to serve a suspension and then served his automatic one in game 5 and 6 vs the Cavs.

Hey Yo
06-30-2016, 07:33 AM
I still can't believe that people can't understand that Green got suspended because of points.
OP understands fine. He just wants more attention.

He knows that Curry will he forever known as the biggest choker ever.

Ben Simmons
06-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Dray did not deserve a flagrant though, he deserved a technical, which would not have gotten him suspended. It was the first time I have ever seen a hit that was not impactful be called a flagrant. If you try to punch a person and only graze them, it has always been a technical. Yes, if you connect hard, it will be a flagrant. Green's groin shot had no impact on LeBron other than piss LeBron off because of what was attempted. This should have been a tech, but was called a flagrant to guarantee a suspension.

This is in contrast to the WCF when there was actually a significant blow, which means a flagrant was warranted.
A hit to the nuts is usually a flagrant and a suspension. Even if it can be argued it was on accident. That's the way the nba calls it. Not a technical foul.

The nba was lenient for Draymond Green by simply giving him a flagrant. A hit to the nuts has never been a technical. In reality he should have been suspended for two games in that series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4qbjoZrpE. Suspended.

The nba let Draymond off again.

SilkkTheShocker
06-30-2016, 07:44 AM
GS had a 3-1 lead with 2 of the next 3 games at The Oracle. No excuses.

diamenz
06-30-2016, 07:47 AM
if the cavs lost to toronto, do the cavs win?

seriously though - there's no way to say really, but it was def the turning point of the series.

GINOBILI!
06-30-2016, 07:51 AM
A hit to the nuts is usually a flagrant and a suspension. Even if it can be argued it was on accident. That's the way the nba calls it. Not a technical foul.

The nba was lenient for Draymond Green by simply giving him a flagrant. A hit to the nuts has never been a technical. In reality he should have been suspended for two games in that series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4qbjoZrpE. Suspended.

The nba let Draymond off again.
Bismack was clearly hurt by it and a 1 game suspension was given. LeBron was not, yet you think Green's deserved 2 games? Please provide evidence of a single groin shot that resulted in a flagrant despite the victim of the hit not once responding by holding his groin. Every single 1 I have ever seen resulting in such a severe punishment involved the player actually getting hurt. LeBron wasn't hurt, just mad. Heck, even after the game he was more mad about the words he was called and didn't talk about the groin shot.

DirkNowitzki41
06-30-2016, 08:02 AM
GS had a 3-1 lead with 2 of the next 3 games at The Oracle. No excuses.

This.

Warriors lost 3 times in a row. Choke.

feyki
06-30-2016, 08:18 AM
Yes , Curry was like 11 Lebron type shit .

Hey Yo
06-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Yes , Curry was like 11 Lebron type shit .
Except for the 'leading the postseason in win shares' part missing for Stephanie

Sarcastic
06-30-2016, 09:10 AM
You know what else has an asterisk?

73-9*.

feyki
06-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Except for the 'leading the postseason in win shares' part missing for Stephanie

Doesn't matter , both did their job in the conference and then choked in the finals .

Hey Yo
06-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Doesn't matter , both did their job in the conference and then choked in the finals .
Sure it matters. There not comparable at all.

James must not have played as bad as everyone thinks if he was still able to walk away with the postseason W/S title. Not Wade...not Dirk....but the guy who allegedly was the reason for Miami's loss.....led in W/S

aj1987
06-30-2016, 10:10 AM

James must not have played as bad as everyone thinks if he was still able to walk away with the postseason W/S title. Not Wade...not Dirk....but the guy who allegedly was the reason for Miami's loss.....led in W/S
Can you do the W/S for the Finals?

Hey Yo
06-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Not sure how to do so.

Sarcastic
06-30-2016, 10:38 AM

James was very good in the first 3 rounds. Everyone acknowledges that. But he was awful in the Finals. Not sure why you can't acknowledge that.

Finals Game Scores

Dwyane Wade 22.7
Dirk Nowitzki 16.6
Lebron James 13.7
Jason Terry 13.4

The best player in the league should not be playing at Jason Terry level.

feyki
06-30-2016, 10:41 AM
Can you do the W/S for the Finals?

Lebron @ Phila - 1.25 Ows , 0.34 Dws , 1.59 WS

Lebron @ Celtics 0.46 Ows , 0.33 Dws , 0.79 WS

Lebron @ Bulls 0.53 Ows , 0.49 Dws , 1.02 WS

Lebron @ Mavs 0.36 Ows , 0.12 Dws , 0.48 WS

Total - 3.88

Edit ; fixed

Hey Yo
06-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Not sure what the numbers were each of the 4 series, but the result was a 3.8 total for the postseason.

Jasper
06-30-2016, 01:40 PM
I think you should stop posting stupid threads
I think you should stop posting stupid posts
I think you should change your avator
I think you should _______________________(.) /

warriorfan
06-30-2016, 02:19 PM
I think you should stop posting stupid threads
I think you should stop posting stupid posts
I think you should change your avator
I think you should _______________________(.) /

I think you should stop melting down

BeastMode24
06-30-2016, 02:20 PM
warriors win the series if 5 if le$ilver didn't intervene.

AirBonner
06-30-2016, 02:22 PM
warriors win the series if 5 if le$ilver didn't intervene.
Why you posting under your alt Mr. Jabbar? You ashamed? :lol

feyki
06-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Lebron @ Phila - 1.25 Ows , 0.34 Dws , 1.59 WS

Lebron @ Celtics 0.46 Ows , 0.33 Dws , 0.79 WS

Lebron @ Bulls 0.53 Ows , 0.49 Dws , 1.02 WS

Lebron @ Mavs 0.36 Ows , 0.12 Dws , 0.48 WS

Total - 3.88

Edit ; fixed

Also , beside of first round WS's , there ;

Lebron - 2.29 WS

Dirk - 2.94 WS

scuzzy
06-30-2016, 05:04 PM
Why you posting under your alt Mr. Jabbar? You ashamed? :lol

dreamwarrior
06-30-2016, 05:05 PM
He gave GSW a chance by not suspending him more than 1 game. And Curry didn't get suspended either despite throwing his mouthpiece and hitting a fan in the face. How does that not get you suspended for the rest of the series and then 3 games next season? They bent over backwards for GSW...

FKAri
06-30-2016, 05:44 PM
From booking championship cruises midseason to debating over the size of asterisks. How the arrogant have fallen :lol

bobopenguin
06-30-2016, 10:48 PM
bron stans always say stuff even they dont believe it.
stop lying to urself. be brave pls.

2/7. hold this L.