PDA

View Full Version : So basically, the only way a Team can win a championship these days...

Dray n Klay
06-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Is if they sit and pray that LeBron has an absolute dogshit supporting cast in the Finals. :oldlol:

Cause in the past 5 years LeBron has won the championship every year he's had somewhat decent help in the Finals.

The only time he lost (2014, 2015) is when he literally had a D-League supporting cast in the Finals.

2014- Wade didn't resemble an NBA player, team full of 38 year old aging vets

2015- Delly was LeBrons 2nd option

There's no need for strategizing or planning for the Finals, it's simple. LeBron will 100% win the championship unless he has a horrible team around him.

Ben Simmons
06-30-2016, 10:37 AM

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2016, 10:41 AM
Yup. Pretty much.

pauk
06-30-2016, 11:05 AM

Yes he didnt do much in that series (passive, taking only 14 fga, being to unselfish for his own good, defering to Wade), but there was a reason for it... which is strategy & chemistry problems that comes with being in a brand new team & playing with 2 stars for the first time, that year Wade/Lebron were in a "My turn, your turn" offense, 1a/1b (1c Bosh)... whoever had it going was fed the ball, its unselfish but still not playing the right way & the best way in order to win... thats exactly what happened in the Finals, Wade was on fire & Lebron didnt mind deferring, he just wanted to win, he didnt felt secure enough to "take over", this was his best friends "Wade's house" afterall... its not until after the Finals in the press conference Wade went something like: "We cant play like this, for us to succeed Lebron has to be our leader" basically giving Lebron the green light to officially lead them.... they didnt figure out the brand of basketball / roles / strategy etc. they wanted to initiate until after that Finals... and the rest was then history....

Lebron has never taken that few shots and that few FT attempts in his entire career in any series..... ofcourse there was a reason for it...

Cali Syndicate
06-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Yes he didnt do much in that series (passive, taking only 14 fga, being to unselfish for his own good, defering to Wade), but there was a reason for it... which is strategy & chemistry problems that comes with being in a brand new team & playing with 2 stars for the first time, that year Wade/Lebron were in a "My turn, your turn" offense, 1a/1b (1c Bosh)... whoever had it going was fed the ball, its unselfish but still not playing the right way & the best way in order to win... thats exactly what happened in the Finals, Wade was on fire & Lebron didnt mind deferring, he just wanted to win, he didnt felt secure enough to "take over", this was his best friends "Wade's house" afterall... its not until after the Finals in the press conference Wade went something like: "We cant play like this, for us to succeed Lebron has to be our leader" basically giving Lebron the green light to officially lead them.... they didnt figure out the brand of basketball / roles / strategy etc. they wanted to initiate until after that Finals... and the rest was then history....

Lebron has never taken that few shots and that few FT attempts in his entire career in any series..... ofcourse there was a reason for it...

Except the way lebron was "deferring" didn't resemble the way he was playing throughout the regular season and playoffs up to that point. Your theory is nice and all but for a more feasible theory, look at op's avatar with lebron's face instead.

Akrazotile
06-30-2016, 11:31 AM

So we're gonna act like Spo didnt completely botch that and cost them the series??

pauk
06-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Except the way lebron was "deferring" didn't resemble the way he was playing throughout the regular season and playoffs up to that point. Your theory is nice and all but for a more feasible theory, look at op's avatar with lebron's face instead.

It didnt? Then you clearly didnt watch the very many games he wasnt agressive or was deferring to a hot Wade or Bosh entire year, even playoffs... and they won most of those games, he didnt mind whatsoever, he is unselfish & he always was.... Did you really see their playoffs series previous to that Finals? Like the Celtics one? Wade was clearly the best player there yet again, even though Lebron had his fair share of shots aswell.

"My theory" is not "My theory" and its not a theory either... its facts, its what i have seen, its WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN and its what the numbers say (he never took that few shots & ft attempts EVER in any series, not even in 2007 Finals as a 21 year old)..... he was to passive, non-agressive and to unselfish for his own good...... why? Is it because you place one unselfish player amongst a brand new team with brand new players from top to bottom, including 2 superstars (1 of them being Wade, playing in "Wades house", his best friend), giving him a different role, playing more off the ball and everything, it was all new to Lebron, they were under the process of figuring out how to play the entire year offensively, where every other game 3 players interchanged as leading scorers.... Wade just after that Finals gave Lebron the greenlight (being 1st option) because he knew only HE could lead them, he was better, after that Lebron was Lebron every single game... and see what happened?

or is it because Lebron just went: "Omg its the Finals!!! booohoo!!! Mommyyy!!! *crumbles into a fetal position in the corner & shivers entire series*"... im sure thats what YOU want to believe... its just that simple huh... one of the greatest players of all time, just did that, thats exactly what happened... completely normal.... it had nothing do with what i just said, with what actually happened, ofcourse.... :rolleyes:

SouBeachTalents
06-30-2016, 11:57 AM
It didnt? Then you clearly didnt watch the very many games he wasnt agressive or was deferring to a hot Wade or Bosh entire year, even playoffs... and they won most of those games, he didnt mind whatsoever.... Did you really see their playoffs series previous to that Finals? Like the Celtics one? Wade was clearly the best player there yet again, even though Lebron had his fair share of shots aswell.

"My theory" is not "My theory" and its not a theory either... its facts, its what i have seen, its WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN and its what the numbers say (he never took that few shots & ft attempts EVER in any series, not even in 2007 Finals as a 21 year old)..... he was to passive, non-agressive and to unselfish for his own good...... why? Is it because you place one unselfish player amongst a brand new team with brand new players from top to bottom, including 2 superstars, giving him a different role and everything, where they were under the process of figuring out how to play the entire year offensively, where every other game 3 players interchanged as leading scorers....

or is it because Lebron just went: "Omg its the Finals!!! booohoo!!! Mommyyy!!! *crumbles into a fetal position in the corner & shives entire series*"... im sure thats what YOU want to believe...

To this day I don't know what happened to LeBron in the 2011 Finals, but your theory is incorrect because even with Wade/Bosh, LeBron was averaging 27 ppg on 19 FGA/8 FTA in the regular season, and 26 ppg on 19 FGA/9 FTA through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. And even the Wade being hot card doesn't work, Wade averaged 30 ppg against Boston and LeBron still averaged 28 ppg on 19 FGA/8 FTA in that series.

To go from what was honestly very consistent production through just shy of 100 games, to then average 18 ppg on 15 FGA/3 FTA per game is a startling drop in production, the ppg and free throw attempts are jarring.

What I honestly think happened was, all the pressure from the decision/8 championship guarantee, as well as the intense hatred he received all season, as well as him trying to play the "villain" which he never wanted to be, just broke him mentally. Again, I don't know what happened to him that series, and maybe never will, but that's my hypothesis

Cali Syndicate
06-30-2016, 12:15 PM
It didnt? Then you clearly didnt watch the very many games he wasnt agressive or was deferring to a hot Wade or Bosh entire year, even playoffs... and they won most of those games, he didnt mind whatsoever.... Did you really see their playoffs series previous to that Finals? Like the Celtics one? Wade was clearly the best player there yet again, even though Lebron had his fair share of shots aswell.

"My theory" is not "My theory" and its not a theory either... its facts, its what i have seen, its WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN and its what the numbers say (he never took that few shots & ft attempts EVER in any series, not even in 2007 Finals as a 21 year old)..... he was to passive, non-agressive and to unselfish for his own good...... why? Is it because you place one unselfish player amongst a brand new team with brand new players from top to bottom, including 2 superstars, giving him a different role and everything, where they were under the process of figuring out how to play the entire year offensively, where every other game 3 players interchanged as leading scorers....

or is it because Lebron just went: "Omg its the Finals!!! booohoo!!! Mommyyy!!! *crumbles into a fetal position in the corner & shives entire series*"... im sure thats what YOU want to believe...

So even with all that deferring to a hot wade and bosh throughout the regular season, he still managed ~18 fga per game, basicaly 1 whole shot less than the season before as a cav. Screw it, let's make it 2 since his ft attempts were slightly less too. under a new system, new teammates, time to mesh, throughout the regular season, he still managed to get plenty of shot attempts and that's with all the deferring he did.

Now in the playoffs up until the finals, lebron led the team in fga.Then come the finals and lebron all of a sudden forgets how to get his attempts because he's still learning the new system and teammates? Once again, he led the team in fga then because he's so unselfish, he became passive. Sure. Tell me some more about your facts.