PDA

View Full Version : Knicks with Rose, Melo, and Noah

CavaliersFTW
06-30-2016, 11:58 AM
A former league MVP at guard, a former league DPOY at center, and the often touted most difficult to guard offensive player in the league at forward.

On paper this could be good. Although they aren't necessarily all in peak form I'd be willing to bet all these guys are at a stage in their careers where they all want to be focused on winning as a unit. New York fans are you happy with this collection of players being assembled?

Akrazotile
06-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Rose and Melo are just low IQ guys. This is a team IMO that will certainly underwhelm relative to the expectations "on paper."

But theyll be a good team to take the Under on for win total.

Also dont get me wrong, it's a stacked team and they are favorites in the East. But I dont think theyll be quite as dominant as people expect.

PistolPete
06-30-2016, 12:09 PM
Knicks still have Porzingis right??

Ahhh Knicks will still be good.

Akrazotile
06-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Knicks still have Porzingis right??

Ahhh Knicks will still be good.

Theyll def be improved. Rose and Melo will probably play at least a little bit smarter now that theyre veterans and may think this year is a decent chance for them to do something.

Their bench seems a bit sparse and I dont think these four guys are "so dominant" they can overcome that to be a contender. East in general is continuing to RISE. So it's hard to say where this team will ultimately stand.

It's a nice little start. I dont think they scare anyone at this point tho.

PejaNowitzki
06-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Two injury prone players and the league's ultimate ball-hog. This will not end well. Enjoy your retirement Phil.

StephHamann
06-30-2016, 12:26 PM
This toum would have been good 5 years ago

beastee
06-30-2016, 12:46 PM
Realistically Rose played half way decently 2nd half of the season last year.

He is on a contract year and WANTS a max deal. He will be motivated.

This is probably the last hurrah for Melo to make it to ECF and he should be mostly healthy.

This team will take a backseat to the Cavs for sure, but IF (huge IF) they gel, they could at least be the only threat Lebron has seen since 2011 Bulls. Let that sink in for a moment how weak the east has been.

Springsteen
06-30-2016, 12:48 PM
Realistically Rose played half way decently 2nd half of the season last year.

He is on a contract year and WANTS a max deal. He will be motivated.

This is probably the last hurrah for Melo to make it to ECF and he should be mostly healthy.

This team will take a backseat to the Cavs for sure, but IF (huge IF) they gel, they could at least be the only threat Lebron has seen since 2011 Bulls. Let that sink in for a moment how weak the east has been.

I know you're a Bulls fan, but did you forget the Pacers? Gave Lebron plenty of hassle.

bdreason
06-30-2016, 01:04 PM
They'll be a great NBA2K team... with injuries turned off.

DMAVS41
06-30-2016, 01:12 PM
This team will be as good as Kristaps is.

If he takes a jump and is great...this will be a dangerous team. Well, depending on how they fill in the rest of the roster.

CavaliersFTW
06-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Kristaps under the tutelage of Noah is great for the Knicks future if the Knicks are able to hang on to him for his career. Noah is not nearly as talented, but has the right mindset to be (or have been) one of the best centers in the NBA due to defensive discipline and effort alone. Kristaps learning from his discipline and mentality on defense is going to make him a more consistent defender and he's already got a much higher talent than Noah on offense.

HylianNightmare
06-30-2016, 01:18 PM
3 seed at worst

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2016, 01:18 PM
They're gonna win the 2011 title

I can feel it.

http://lexstarsolutions.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/standard_folding_adjustable_walker_2_copy.png

This feels exactly like Brooklyn adding Garnett and Pierce:lol

CavaliersFTW
06-30-2016, 01:26 PM
They're gonna win the 2011 title

I can feel it.

http://lexstarsolutions.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/standard_folding_adjustable_walker_2_copy.png

This feels exactly like Brooklyn adding Garnett and Pierce:lol
They got rid of a 34 year old guard for: A 27 year old former LEAGUE MVP guard. Although he hasn't looked the same since injury, I still think he's so young NBA fans are bound to see him rebound to an elite level again. 27 is JUST entering your prime for most players. Heck, Curry is already 28 and he's only just been hitting his stride starting last year. And although Joakim Noah is 31 he's got at least 2 or 3 years of solid play left and it doesn't matter much anyways because Knicks have an even more talented big in Kristaps, and Noah's veteran influence at the very least is going to help Kristaps out in a very large way no matter what.

Im Still Ballin
06-30-2016, 01:32 PM
Favorites to come out the Beast. If LeBron somehow manages to make the finals, it'll be HISTORIC

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2016, 01:35 PM
They got rid of a 34 year old guard for: A 27 year old former LEAGUE MVP guard. Although he hasn't looked the same since injury, I still think he's so young NBA fans are bound to see him rebound to an elite level again. 27 is JUST entering your prime for most players. Heck, Curry is already 28 and he's only just been hitting his stride starting last year. And although Joakim Noah is 31 he's got at least 2 or 3 years of solid play left and it doesn't matter much anyways because Knicks have an even more talented big in Kristaps, and Noah's veteran influence at the very least is going to help Kristaps out in a very large way no matter what.
And? That was the past...doesn't have any bearing on the now. Rose is a below average player now..

How do you know Noah has 2 or 3 good years left?

He has been terrible the last two years (ya, injuries)...but Noah has bene injury prone his entire career.. why do you think it will suddenly stop? He has only had 3 seasons in his career where he played more then 70 games...

Kristaps will be good, no argument there...

Melo is also getting worse so there's that as well...

No bench...

nathanjizzle
06-30-2016, 02:01 PM
cant wait to watch next season, its going to be bananas :banana:

34-24 Footwork
06-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Noah will get boo'd out of the Garden if he let's stronger forwards bully him on the boards like last year and the year before.

Better show heart.

miggyme1
06-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Im more worried about hornacek..this will be the breatest team he has coached.....he is at worst coaching two future hall of famers (melo,kristraps), although porzingis is young he has shown he has hall of famer potential....and then two very solid players who on most nights are top 10 at their postions in rose and noah WHEN healthy.

I just hope the lights aren't too bright for hornacek...one bad loss in the garden and horenacek says the wrong thing or his body language is a little off NY will crucify him.

I think the players will be fine....rose and noah are both team first guys....its always been about winning with those guys and that's something melo never really had outside of a aging Chauncey billups and a hall of fame coach in george karl......oh and Tyson chandler....cant forget about him.

Im intrigued to see how hornacek coaches this team...if coached right and with the right "BENCH MOB" the knicks could definitely push the cavs to 5 games in the ecf

smoovegittar
06-30-2016, 05:41 PM
I'd be lying if I said the team doesn't excite me a little. I didn't see The Rose trade happening; knew we had a shot at Noah. I think Jax has done the best he could with Melo staying on... and I expect a smaller tier F.A. signing (hopefully a guard) to happen as well. No predictions - just make the playoffs. I still see Boston as the team to compete for the ECF.

-and I'm not concerned for the coach. Fans will give him and new acquisitions a grace period. I want Afflalo gone.

Draz
06-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Still a lot of moves needed. I see us being a force. We just need to get one more max player on board. Sixth man in Wade would be amazing. Build a nice bench.

Height Freak
06-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Rose and Melo are just low IQ guys. This is a team IMO that will certainly underwhelm relative to the expectations "on paper."

But theyll be a good team to take the Under on for win total.

Also dont get me wrong, it's a stacked team and they are favorites in the East. But I dont think theyll be quite as dominant as people expect.

Spot on!

Meticode
06-30-2016, 05:51 PM
I'll be 100% surprised if all three of them play more than 70 games.

Keno
06-30-2016, 05:53 PM
garbage trio lol.

LikeABosh
06-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Noah and Rose are shells of their former selves. Especially Noah. Dude is done. Rose is an injury waiting to happen and his athleticism will never be what it used to be. Melo has knee issues and looks to be on the decline. Hope the Knicks have a good training staff. Rose and Melo will also mix like oil and water:oldlol:

smoovegittar
06-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Noah and Rose are shells of their former selves. Especially Noah. Dude is done. Rose is an injury waiting to happen and his athleticism will never be what it used to be. Melo has knee issues and looks to be on the decline. Hope the Knicks have a good training staff. Rose and Melo will also mix like oil and water:oldlol:

The same was said about Amare. They ironed it out. I think these cats are aware they're running out of time.