PDA

View Full Version : 76ers to offer Harrison Barnes 5 years 115mill

AI09
06-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Per Marc Stein at 12:01 the offer is on the table.

Orlando Magic
06-30-2016, 11:09 PM
:roll:

Carbine
06-30-2016, 11:10 PM
LOL 23 million for him is outrageous.

I guess when you have 65 plus million in cap space it's hard to be diligent.

Bryan Colangelo, ladies and gentleman!

bigkingsfan
06-30-2016, 11:13 PM
Barnes gamble on himself, lost, but won. :banana:

LikeABosh
06-30-2016, 11:15 PM
115mill what? Surely not USD? For a role player?:roll:

AI09
06-30-2016, 11:16 PM
Well you got to spend the money somewhere and I don't see any all stars lined up to play in philly. I don't think Barnes will ever live up to that type of contract but he might suprise people given more of a featured role. All the cap Hinkie shed doesn't mean much with the new TV deal but it will help us overpay for young rising stars just hitting their prime.

tpols
06-30-2016, 11:16 PM
this better be in pesos

raprap
06-30-2016, 11:17 PM
Hahahahahahaha

hateraid
06-30-2016, 11:25 PM
Oh God...

Bankaii
06-30-2016, 11:28 PM
For a role player?
Sixers:biggums:

D-Wait
06-30-2016, 11:29 PM
I'm not surprised. There will be even more insane contracts given out in the next weeks,
just wait...

AI09
06-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Oh God...

I don't like overpaying expecially this much but we would still be left with 35mill to spend and with the cap rising we can still have room to improve the team year by year. I don't expect us to spend all our available cap room this summer anyway. If Barnes leaves Golden State I could see a huge increase in his production so you never know he's still young and just finished his rookie deal.

artificial
06-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Noouu.... Really hoping this is wrong. Don't mind overpaying Barnes, but not for 5 years. 1-2 years is more than enough.

bdreason
06-30-2016, 11:34 PM
That was a fake Stein twitter account.

Although I don't doubt someone will offer him $20 mil per.

Spurs m8
06-30-2016, 11:36 PM
**** the NBA sometimes LOL

AI09
06-30-2016, 11:40 PM
I'm not surprised. There will be even more insane contracts given out in the next weeks,
just wait...

With all this money flying around it has to go somewhere everyone will get over payed but I was expecting 18mill per for barnes MAYBE 20per.

What gave Hinkie alot of heat was not spending the money available even if its on one year deals. The agents were frustrated at the low ball offers from Hinkie and even kept some of the more valuable FA/Rookies away from him.

D-Wait
06-30-2016, 11:43 PM
With all this money flying around it has to go somewhere everyone will get over payed but I was expecting 18mill per for barnes MAYBE 20per.

Tristan Thompson is getting 16,4 mill./year... I would be shocked if Barnes gets anything less than 20 mill./year

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2016, 11:46 PM
Yall realize that guys like Bazemore and Fornier will be getting anywhere from 10-15+ right?

artificial
06-30-2016, 11:47 PM
That was a fake Stein twitter account.
:banana:

DMAVS41
06-30-2016, 11:48 PM
Yall realize that guys like Bazemore and Fornier will be getting anywhere from 10-15+ right?

More...15 plus.

I'd be shocked if Bazemore didn't get at least 15

Dray n Klay
06-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Thats more than Jordan made in his whole career :eek:

SwishSquared
06-30-2016, 11:59 PM
Yall realize that guys like Bazemore and Fornier will be getting anywhere from 10-15+ right?I'd rather pay Fournier $20M/yr and Bazemore $16M/year than to pay Barnes $23M/yr. And Philly has the cap space to do both those deals.

They seriously need to give offers to Tyler Johnson, Bazemore, Fournier, etc. before offering this to Barnes.

bluechox2
07-01-2016, 12:02 AM
i geus ssimmons will get traded then...classic sixers

StateProperty
07-01-2016, 12:14 AM
We're not even able to offer 5 years, period.

DMAVS41
07-01-2016, 12:14 AM
Early reports saying Bazemore is asking for 19 to 20 million a year...

:eek:

chocolatethunder
07-01-2016, 12:15 AM
THIS IS FROM A FAKE STEIN TWITTER ACCOUNT. STEIN ALREADY SAID THERE WAS SOMEONE POSTING FAKE SHIT. The Sixers can only offer four years anyway I think.

SwishSquared
07-01-2016, 12:15 AM
Early reports saying Bazemore is asking for 19 to 20 million a year...

:eek:I was just about to post this. 6 months ago I thought $44M/4 years was reasonable for him. If he pulls off $80M/4 years...

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2016, 12:16 AM
Had a bad finals, but a great player. A shame people trying to scapegoat him for curry having the biggest choke in NBA history.

SwishSquared
07-01-2016, 12:16 AM
THIS IS FROM A FAKE STEIN TWITTER ACCOUNT. STEIN ALREADY SAID THERE WAS SOMEONE POSTING FAKE SHIT. The Sixers can only offer four years anyway I think.Yeah only Dubs can offer 5 years. I still wouldn't offer him $23M/year though in a 4-year deal. Covington gives you guys similar production on both ends for $1M/yr the next two seasons.

chocolatethunder
07-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Yeah only Dubs can offer 5 years. I still wouldn't offer him $23M/year though in a 4-year deal. Covington gives you guys similar production on both ends for $1M/yr the next two seasons.
Covington is hot garbage. He's cheap and can shoot ok but holy shit that dude can't dribble. Being the only "threat" on a team full of bums should have inflated his numbers. I'm not into paying Barnes but Barnes would have averaged 20 in Covington's place. Covington is trash.

SwishSquared
07-01-2016, 12:28 AM
Covington is hot garbage. He's cheap and can shoot ok but holy shit that dude can't dribble. Being the only "threat" on a team full of bums should have inflated his numbers. I'm not into paying Barnes but Barnes would have averaged 20 in Covington's place. Covington is trash.I'm saying you guys got a cheap 3&D guy, there's no need to pay a guy of the same ilk an extra $22M/year for the next 2 years. Barnes has a weak dribble and isn't quick enough laterally to be an ace wing defender. He's pretty good at switching defensively and is strong enough to defend in the post against bigger guys, which gives lineup flexibility.

He can't run a PnR and isn't strong creating his own offense, let alone for others. Barnes is great at drilling open corner 3s, playing team ball, and giving effort on D. You'd regret giving Barnes near-max money. He's a great glue guy and can be a key role player. But he's a 4th option on a great team, 3rd option on a decent playoff team type of guy.

I watched quite a bit of Philly and GSW this year. I may be overrating RoCo and underrating Barnes, but they're honestly not far apart enough production-wise for me to want to pay the difference.

chocolatethunder
07-01-2016, 12:37 AM
I'm saying you guys got a cheap 3&D guy, there's no need to pay a guy of the same ilk an extra $22M/year for the next 2 years. Barnes has a weak dribble and isn't quick enough laterally to be an ace wing defender. He's pretty good at switching defensively and is strong enough to defend in the post against bigger guys, which gives lineup flexibility.

He can't run a PnR and isn't strong creating his own offense, let alone for others. Barnes is great at drilling open corner 3s, playing team ball, and giving effort on D. You'd regret giving Barnes near-max money. He's a great glue guy and can be a key role player. But he's a 4th option on a great team, 3rd option on a decent playoff team type of guy.

I watched quite a bit of Philly and GSW this year. I may be overrating RoCo and underrating Barnes, but they're honestly not far apart enough production-wise for me to want to pay the difference.
I know exactly what you're saying. I'm not into Barnes or paying him but he is light years ahead of anything Covington will ever be, and he's a year younger. I'm not advocating giving Barnes max money. I'm not sure you're underratong Barnes but I am sure that if he were in Covingtons place he'd be averaging about 20 and be totally overrated. Meanwhile Covington shoots ok from three, regressed last year and is totally overrated here in Philly. He is a marginal NBA player. If he were on the Warriors he'd he lucky to be James Michael Macadoo.

For all his shortcomings, Barnes still does everything better than Covington. If you think that Barnes dribble is weak, Covington makes Barnes look like Steph Curry.

OnFire
07-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Dragic lookin like a steal lol

SwishSquared
07-01-2016, 12:50 AM
I know exactly what you're saying. I'm not into Barnes or paying him but he is light years ahead of anything Covington will ever be, and he's a year younger. I'm not advocating giving Barnes max money. I'm not sure you're underratong Barnes but I am sure that if he were in Covingtons place he'd be averaging about 20 and be totally overrated. Meanwhile Covington shoots ok from three, regressed last year and is totally overrated here in Philly. He is a marginal NBA player. If he were on the Warriors he'd he lucky to be James Michael Macadoo.

For all his shortcomings, Barnes still does everything better than Covington. If you think that Barnes dribble is weak, Covington makes Barnes look like Steph Curry.Haha I just mean Barnes' dribble is so weak to me as a wing he's not worth a max. And I know you're not advocating for Barnes. Cov loses the ball 3x a game by dribbling it off his feet it seems.

I get what you're saying, and while I'd probably disagree that Barnes would put up 20 in Philly with that roster, I respect your opinion. I think he'd struggle in similar ways to RoCo with that bare and mismatched of a roster (which ultimately did its job by getting #1 in the draft)

And I think RoCo would look a heck of a lot better on a real team. He just needs to spot up and wait for the ball. He's a good defender, plays hard, and hits 41% of his open 3s. He just shot contested 3s literally 80% of the time this year because he has JR Smith shot selection lol. I also thought he came back too early from the MCL injury. Getting Cov for $4M/4 years as a free agent was a steal imo.

I think you can spend that $23M/year better by giving Tyler Johnson an Arenas Rule deal and signing Bazemore. Or getting TJ and Lance Thomas for half of Barnes' annual salary. Or by maxing Fournier. Barnes would fit nice next to Simmons, but I think RoCo could be a darn good fit too as a spot up guy who never dribbles.

Milbuck
07-01-2016, 12:55 AM
LMFAO GOBB :lol :roll: :oldlol:

:roll: :lol :roll:

chocolatethunder
07-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Haha I just mean Barnes' dribble is so weak to me as a wing he's not worth a max. And I know you're not advocating for Barnes. Cov loses the ball 3x a game by dribbling it off his feet it seems.

I get what you're saying, and while I'd probably disagree that Barnes would put up 20 in Philly with that roster, I respect your opinion. I think he'd struggle in similar ways to RoCo with that bare and mismatched of a roster (which ultimately did its job by getting #1 in the draft)

And I think RoCo would look a heck of a lot better on a real team. He just needs to spot up and wait for the ball. He's a good defender, plays hard, and hits 41% of his open 3s. He just shot contested 3s literally 80% of the time this year because he has JR Smith shot selection lol. I also thought he came back too early from the MCL injury. Getting Cov for $4M/4 years as a free agent was a steal imo.

I think you can spend that $23M/year better by giving Tyler Johnson an Arenas Rule deal and signing Bazemore. Or getting TJ and Lance Thomas for half of Barnes' annual salary. Or by maxing Fournier. Barnes would fit nice next to Simmons, but I think RoCo could be a darn good fit too as a spot up guy who never dribbles.

I don't get the Johnson love. Dude can't stay healthy. Bazemore is asking for $20mil a year might as well sign Barnes for that. I actually think Covington would look worse on a good team. I think that Orlando traded Dipo because they wanted to move forward w Fournier. I just gotta reiterate that RoCo is trash haha we can agree to disagree but when Bazemore is asking for $20 and Mozgov is getting $16 and Parsons just got maxed (and Beal) then Barnes is prob getting max from somewhere. Batum will too.

SwishSquared
07-01-2016, 01:10 AM
I don't get the Johnson love. Dude can't stay healthy. Bazemore is asking for $20mil a year might as well sign Barnes for that. I actually think Covington would look worse on a good team. I think that Orlando traded Dipo because they wanted to move forward w Fournier. I just gotta reiterate that RoCo is trash haha we can agree to disagree but when Bazemore is asking for $20 and Mozgov is getting $16 and Parsons just got maxed (and Beal) then Barnes is prob getting max from somewhere. Batum will too.Yeah the Mozgov deal made my jaw drop hahahah. I don't know what LAL are doing.

I agree on Fournier. I think they're matching. If they didn't trade Dipo, maybe a high offer sheet would make them not match. Although I disliked that trade for them anyway haha.

Bazemore is asking for $5-6M more than I was expecting and I can't believe Parsons got a max right at the beginning of FA. Everybody is basically getting a max. Crabbe at this point is guaranteed to get $18M/yr it seems, and I think he's a 3rd wing on a good team.

The reason I like Tyler Johnson is that his next 2 years are only at MLE money at most before his salary balloons. So you can sign him for < $11M combined the next 2 seasons. He's actually a good backup imo and can start as a stopgap as Simmons learns to be handle the ball in the NBA. He can shoot, defend, and pass decently enough. He did have the shoulder problem this year though. Young too, but I would basically expect the 76ers' future starting PG to be drafted next season in the lotto. Along with one of their wings.

I think this summer is all about trading a big man for a wing or guard and trying to get good long term value on role players, even in the crazy cap era. Just about signing the right guys for their prime years.

I always like chatting with you man, especially with your perspective on Philly.