PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents/Trades the Cavs should do...

Im Still Ballin
07-01-2016, 07:20 AM
1. Trade for Kosta Koufos..

There's been some talk about this today/last few days... Kings have 5 centers and they're looking to trade Koufos... And the Cavs are interested now that Mozgov is gone.. He's a solid, reliable 7 footer that works hard.. Not crazy gifted or athletic by any stretch, just big, strong and works hard...

His rim protection numbers are decent ( 195/400 48.8% DFG).. Take that with a grain of salt too, as the Kings perimeter defense was non existant and the bigs were getting assaulted, as well as the fast pace under George Karl..

For reference Kosta's rim protection in 2015 with Memphis was 159/340 46.8% DFG, which was better than Mozgov in 2015, abe on a much smaller volume.. So he's a consistent big that provides solid rim protection

Other Options at Center
- Sign Birdman vet min
- Roy Hibbert
- Pipedream best scenario: Sign Larry Sanders... He's the perfect choice

2. Marvin Williams

3. Jared Dudley

4. David West

5. Dwyane Wade???

DukeDelonte13
07-01-2016, 07:24 AM
I don't know how they get Kosta but I know the cavs have liked him for a while.

From canton too. I'd love to have him on the team but i don't see how they cavs can make it happen.

Dray n Klay
07-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Agreed, brother

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2016, 07:27 AM
They should gamble on giving Mozgov a 2 year/ 5 million per deal to see if he can rebuild his value.

:oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
07-01-2016, 07:28 AM
I don't know how they get Kosta but I know the cavs have liked him for a while.

From canton too. I'd love to have him on the team but i don't see how they cavs can make it happen.
Seriously though, if they can convince Sanders to come back... Dude's rim protection numbers are insane

15-20 minutes a night.. He'd fit in among the guys like JR and Shump

RoundMoundOfReb
07-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Koufos is with Klutch Sports too. Makes a lot of sense.

Lebron23
07-01-2016, 08:04 AM
I like Koustas.

Prime_Shaq
07-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Weren't the Cavs really high on Koufos before they got Frye?

Lebron23
07-01-2016, 08:47 AM
If not Kostas. Give me Hibbert. LBJ is going to turn him into a winner.

SwishSquared
07-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Weren't the Cavs really high on Koufos before they got Frye?I think his name was connected to them in trade discussions. The thing is Koufos either didn't care or he regressed. He did not look good in SAC, but they had a bad roster and poor lineups imo.

lilteapot
07-01-2016, 11:40 AM
If not Kostas. Give me Hibbert. LBJ is going to turn him into a winner.

That piece of trash will never be a winner.

Akrazotile
07-01-2016, 11:42 AM
I like the Hibbert suggestion. He gets a lot of crap but I think he's valuable in the right situation, and the Cavs are a perfect situation. Birdman is another interesting suggestion, but isnt he almost 40 now?? Dunno how much he has left..

Lebron23
07-01-2016, 11:59 AM
That piece of trash will never be a winner.

Verticality bro. Former all nba 2nd defensive team. He didn't give a $hit when he played for the Lakers. In Cleveland LeBron will resurrect his NBA Career.

Thorpesaurous
07-01-2016, 12:03 PM
I'm a Celtic fan, so I'm sure this gonna sound one sided, and honestly, I wouldn't do it personally if I were running the Celtics.

Any Cav fans think something could be built around Love for Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynek, and maybe young pieces?

I don't think the Celtics would give up a Brooklyn Pick in a Love deal. It feels to me like Bradley would be a perfect fit. An All Defense guy who can make spot up threes would be the perfect balance between JR Smith and Shumpert. And Olynek gives another spacing big that would sort of replace what Love did anyway at a lower level. And the C's have the space to absorb the contract, which would let the Cavs try to address other needs, like more rim protection (frankly I'm sure the addition of Amir Johnson wouldn't end the deal, and he might fit as a backup to Thompson anyway as good as Koufos, and he's one year non-guaranteed).

I don't think either team would be interested in the idea of feeding an opposing contender, and like I said, I think it may make the Celtics worse, but Love is the kind of name value Ainge has been chasing.

I know the instinct from Cleveland's side would have to be that it's a big step down from what they gave up to get him two years ago, but to me that's sunken cost at this point anyway.