PDA

View Full Version : Thunder and the luxury tax

Ca$H
07-01-2016, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure how the Thunder's owner will convince KD that he is willing to pay the luxury tax long term not just for a year. They already dumped Harden to avoid paying the tax. If Durant signs 1+1 deal then next summer KD, Westbrook, Adams, and Oladipo will be free agents. Based on the deals given out this summer it's safe to assume that Adams and Oladipo will receive the max. Will OKC pay 4 guys maximum contracts?

HurricaneKid
07-01-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure how the Thunder's owner will convince KD that he is willing to pay the luxury tax long term not just for a year. They already dumped Harden to avoid paying the tax. If Durant signs 1+1 deal then next summer KD, Westbrook, Adams, and Oladipo will be free agents. Based on the deals given out this summer it's safe to assume that Adams and Oladipo will receive the max. Will OKC pay 4 guys maximum contracts?

Next years max looks a lot different from this years max.

Do we really think Dipo is getting a 5/160M deal? I don't.

KDs deal will be 5/230-240ish.

OKC let Harden go over 4M. Do we really think they are going to be OK with dropping 700M next offseason? If not, those guys go elsewhere and OKC becomes a Siberian outpost.