PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard To Hawks

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 2m2 minutes ago
Dwight Howard has reached agreement on a three-year, $70.5 million with the Atlanta Hawks, league sources tell The Vertical.

So much for getting that max contract:oldlol:

KingPush
07-01-2016, 06:40 PM
East is looking hella stacked this year

LakersDaBEst
07-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Thats 20+ mil a year

OP be on that basement rent free

WayOfWad3
07-01-2016, 06:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I just saw a stat stating that over $1 Billion has been committed to NBA players today alone, and there's still a ways to go

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Horford > Howard

D-Wait
07-01-2016, 06:44 PM
''I'm coming home''

r15mohd
07-01-2016, 06:44 PM
So much for getting that max contract:oldlol:

I don't think he wanted max - I saw somewhere he was looking at 24/yr - 70 over 3 is pretty close

For sure Horford is gone tho - so dunno how great of a trade off this really is for Atl

Keno
07-01-2016, 06:45 PM

east always been stacked, but damn this year have like 5-6 serious contenders. west has like 2.

BlakFrankWhite
07-01-2016, 06:48 PM
This means Horford to OKC is onnnn!!

Joshumitsu
07-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Why Atlanta, though? They did alright during playoffs but it's not like adding Dwight makes them contenders or anything.

If anything, it seems Bron's going to have his way w/ Dwight.

bigkingsfan
07-01-2016, 06:49 PM
What a fool, this will be his final large contract, might as well go all out.

Lebronxrings
07-01-2016, 06:50 PM
This

tmacattack33
07-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Why Atlanta, though? They did alright during playoffs but it's not like adding Dwight makes them contenders or anything.

If anything, it seems Bron's going to have his way w/ Dwight.

They were a pretty good team. They will be a top 8 team in the league with Dwight.

bdreason
07-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Teague and Horford out. Howard in.

Hawks might miss the playoffs next year, and that's not hyperbole.

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2016, 06:59 PM
They were a pretty good team. They will be a top 8 team in the league with Dwight.
LOL.

Horford is better than Dwight...The Hawks just downgraded.

They wont be better than last year.

atljonesbro
07-01-2016, 07:01 PM
DAT DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING. That's REALLY what we need rather than perimeter play. We get bullied down low.

Dray n Klay
07-01-2016, 07:02 PM
DAT DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING. That's REALLY what we need rather than perimeter play. We get bullied down low.

You do realize the only reason the Hawks are good is because of chemistry, ball movement, coaching?

Dwight is going to ruin all of that :oldlol:

EAT SHIT

atljonesbro
07-01-2016, 07:04 PM
You do realize the only reason the Hawks are good is because of chemistry, ball movement, coaching?

Dwight is going to ruin all of that :oldlol:

EAT SHIT
Did you not watch Tristan Thompson demolish us with no regard for human life? Dwert ends that INSTANTLY. Dwight is coming home baby

ShawkFactory
07-01-2016, 07:05 PM

You're telling me..

This might be the worst signing yet. 23 million a year for a guy who doesn't give a shit? Maybe coming home and getting away from Harden will change his mindset.

SexSymbol
07-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Easily the best move Howard could've made.
He fits in that group from a basketball perspective perfectly, he'll have to tone down his character a lot, if he does that, Hawks can be scary good.

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2016, 07:07 PM
He fits in that group from a basketball perspective perfectly, he'll have to tone down his character a lot, if he does that, Hawks can be scary good.
No he doesn't...ATL's offense uses a lot of pick n roll...Which Dwight has so far in his career refused to run...

Springsteen
07-01-2016, 07:08 PM
I think this may be what the Hawks needed to stop Lebron and the Cavs.

Read, NEEDED. Teague is gone and likely Horford as well. I don't trust Dennis Schroder to lead this team.

SexSymbol
07-01-2016, 07:09 PM
No he doesn't...ATL's offense uses a lot of pick n roll...Which Dwight has so far in his career refused to run...
In his orlando days, which I know have been far behind us, he was the best pick n roll guy in the league according to synergy stats. In essence, pick n roll has always been Howard's strong suite on offense
He knows how to do it and has good awareness on movement in those situations.
Besides, you can always tweak the offensive schemes, that's what coaches are for.
Defensively he was very needed, Hawks were dogshit rebound wise.

atljonesbro
07-01-2016, 07:09 PM

Read, NEEDED. Teague is gone and likely Horford as well. I don't trust Dennis Schroder to lead this team.
Horford stated he was waiting to see the Hawks make roster improvements before committing. Here it is. Lets see if he'll return.

D-Wait
07-01-2016, 07:12 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

SexSymbol
07-01-2016, 07:15 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
If Horford resigns they could deal Millsap away for any decent pointguard.
That's would be a pretty complete team, and it has good coaching so don't be surprised if they make waves in the playoffs next year.
They will have good rebounding, good post defense, pretty good backcourt defense, inside presence on offense, shooting. Heart is the only question tbh

D-Wait
07-01-2016, 07:20 PM
If Horford resigns they could deal Millsap away for any decent pointguard.
That's would be a pretty complete team, and it has good coaching so don't be surprised if they make waves in the playoffs next year.
They will have good rebounding, good post defense, pretty good backcourt defense, inside presence on offense, shooting. Heart is the only question tbh

meh, they still lack a true franchise player to get them over the hump... I'd rather bet my money on the Pacers to be a threat in the East

tpols
07-01-2016, 07:21 PM

yes.. god yes. anything to save that worthless sack of sh!t 6'6 paul millsap from defending the rim. Dwight can do work on this team.

SexSymbol
07-01-2016, 07:21 PM
meh, they still lack a true franchise player to get them over the hump... I'd rather bet my money on the Pacers to be a threat in the East
sure, Pacers are another team that looks scary good and they still can make moves.

fsvr54
07-01-2016, 07:22 PM

I'll bet you cold hard cash that doesn't happen. How dumb can you be?

tpols
07-01-2016, 07:22 PM

teague sucks and so does horford.

shroeder and howard are much more interesting, much higher cielings imo

atljonesbro
07-01-2016, 07:29 PM
It would be interesting to see if the Hawks can flip horford to OKC in a sign and trade for some players like oladipo and sabonis

bigt
07-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Wow he only signed for three years? I was convinced he'd be demanding four. That's actually a pretty good deal for Atlanta

Lebron23
07-01-2016, 08:18 PM

Playing with cancers like Chuckbe and Freethrowden ruined his confidence. He's going to put up much better numbers while playing for the Hawks.

Sportal
07-01-2016, 08:21 PM
This.....could be real interesting. Is it Horford that prefers playing PF? Or was it the other way round.

sammichoffate
07-01-2016, 08:24 PM
This.....could be real interesting. Is it Horford that prefers playing PF? Or was it the other way round.Horford wants to play PF

eliteballer
07-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Why the heck did they let Teague go then?

Spaulding
07-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Hawks the most system team Howard has been on since Magic. This will be interesting

Hotlantadude81
07-01-2016, 09:42 PM

You see the contract these other guys are getting? Just think of the contract Teague is going to ask for after next season.

alanLA92
07-01-2016, 10:19 PM

Their backup PG wants more playing time and the team prob agreed. Not to mention they looked better in the playoffs in the 4th at times when Teague was in the bench. Not to mention all the money he would want next year.

yeaaaman
07-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Horford shoots way too many 3's?

FreezingTsmoove
07-01-2016, 11:27 PM

Idk man

Dwight and Dennis Shrooder > Teague and Horford

Captvic
07-02-2016, 02:22 AM
I actually like this move for the Hawks. Even though Dwight fell off a little, he's still a damn good player. Whether it's millsap/Howard or horford/Howard, that's a top 5 frontcourt regardless

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-02-2016, 02:29 AM
Im w/ the others who really like this for the Hawks and Dwight, what the Hawks have been doing, Dwight+Schroeder > Horford+Teague combo, etc

He wont put up huge #'s, but in the Bud system, where players pass, can shoot, etc, Dwight may have a career rejuvenation/renaissance. Pick n rolls w/ Schroeder, passing out to Millsap for Js or Korver/Bazemore for 3's. Those 2 new do-it-all rookies on the wings. Thabo, Timmy Jr, Splitter, Scott...

All really Hawks need now is a backup PG, right? 1st in division is my early prediction.

fsvr54
07-02-2016, 02:32 AM
If we have to choose between Sap and Horford, i hope they pick Sap. If anyone watches the Hawks they would know he is the superior player.

retaxis
07-02-2016, 02:44 AM
Guess Dwight finally got what he wanted. To be the MAN on the team again. He is gonna love life, especially at home and win or lose, he is going to have fun. Good on you Dwight! Enjoy yourself and make some money! Thats what life is about.

Hey Yo
07-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Less production = more $$$$. Sign me up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmT-Du6VMAAgI2b.jpg

Derka
07-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Thank Christ...he can't be a Celtic now.

Meticode
07-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Hawks will not benefit from this. The Hawks now can't spread the floor as much, and now they have to worry about Hack-a-Howard. There was really nothing you had to worry about with Horford who actaully had a higher PER than Howard did.

Meticode
07-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Less production = more $$$$. Sign me up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmT-Du6VMAAgI2b.jpg
I think he'll have better stats than he had the last two years. James Harden effect, but I still don't think he'll benefit the Hawks like Horford did.

red1
07-02-2016, 12:57 PM
are you retarded? serious question

tpols
07-02-2016, 01:02 PM
If we have to choose between Sap and Horford, i hope they pick Sap. If anyone watches the Hawks they would know he is the superior player.

agreed. millsap is much more flexible versatile player, but he just needs someone with true size next to him.

moongaze
07-02-2016, 01:17 PM

He's related to Tpols.

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2016, 04:27 PM
Guess Dwight finally got what he wanted. To be the MAN on the team again. He is gonna love life, especially at home and win or lose, he is going to have fun. Good on you Dwight! Enjoy yourself and make some money! Thats what life is about.
He will probably pop out 5 more babies.:lol

Hometown influences aren't always a good thing for a thing basketball player.

SexSymbol
07-02-2016, 04:54 PM
sorry no.
I know you're trying to find roots of your retardation and even though I fcked your mother, sadly it's not from me, so you'll have to keep looking

bdreason
07-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Rumor is Hawks are trying to dump Milsap to keep Horford. Big mistake IMO.

SexSymbol
07-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Rumor is Hawks are trying to dump Milsap to keep Horford. Big mistake IMO.
why?
Millsap, even though a pretty good pairing with Howard, is redundant when you have a finesse Horford who loves that mid range jumper.

fsvr54
07-02-2016, 05:42 PM
why?
Millsap, even though a pretty good pairing with Howard, is redundant when you have a finesse Horford who loves that mid range jumper.

Millsap is a way better player than Horford. Let horf walk please. Horford is not a legit all star who can put the team on his back when we need plays.

bdreason
07-02-2016, 05:49 PM
why?

Howard is going to kill spacing and ball movement. Horford is going to end up shooting a bunch of 3's, and getting killed by quicker PF's.

atljonesbro
07-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Millsap is going to opt out to get a mega contract after they year. The idea is to lock a core of Howard, Schroder, and Horford in for a few years rather than just letting Horford walk now and Millsap next year then being stuck with only Howard. After next year whatever contract we give Horford will not even look that bad compared to what we'll see.

SexSymbol
07-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Howard is going to kill spacing and ball movement. Horford is going to end up shooting a bunch of 3's, and getting killed by quicker PF's.
how is howard gonna kill spacing when you need to have an inside presence to even think of having spacing? And he's not a bad passer.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2016, 09:21 PM
I want to know exactly how much is going to child support, and how much he'll blow at all the strip clubs in Atlanta

Draz
07-02-2016, 09:51 PM
I want to know exactly how much is going to child support, and how much he'll blow at all the strip clubs in Atlanta
I know one thing he's blowing, loads

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Millsap is a way better player than Horford. Let horf walk please. Horford is not a legit all star who can put the team on his back when we need plays.
He is still better than Howard

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2016, 10:27 PM
He is still better than Howard

Horford averaged 3.6 RPG in the last 6 playoff games.

fsvr54
07-02-2016, 10:33 PM

Exactly

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Good thing the quality of a player isn't determined by 6 games.

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Good thing the quality of a player isn't determined by 6 games.

He only averaged 13/6 for the entire playoffs. Not only that, he has been falling off for years:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3213/al-horford

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 12:03 AM
He only averaged 13/6 for the entire playoffs. Not only that, he has been falling off for years:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3213/al-horford
Falling off?

He literally had the same stats as last year.

Doesn't change the fact that Dwight is worse and is declining even more.

Hotlantadude81
07-03-2016, 12:11 AM
Falling off?

He literally had the same stats as last year.

Doesn't change the fact that Dwight is worse and is declining even more.

I watched him play all year. He is on the decline dude.

Why do you keep bringing up Dwight? He only has a 3 year contract. Horford was wanting 5 years despite coming off of a playoff series in which he only averaged 3.6 rebounds. 3.6 rebounds per game from a CENTER. :facepalm

That's awful dude. He was nowhere to be found in the most important games of the year.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 12:29 AM
I keep bringing up Dwight because Hawks fans think he is better than Horford.

atljonesbro
07-03-2016, 01:02 AM
Because he actually is. The Rockets had no clue how to use him. He shot the ball 8 times a game. His rebounding and defense alone are infinitely better and with his limited shots still managed to score 2 less ppg.

Hotlantadude81
07-03-2016, 01:55 AM

It isn't much, but at least Dwight can say he had some monster games last season. Horford... Not so much.

It doesn't really matter that much. Boston isn't doing much unless they get Durant and neither are the Hawks.

Traditionally, Hawks players haven't played much better after leaving the Hawks. Think of Shareef, Jim Jackson, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Theo Ratliff, Glenn Robinson and others. None of their careers went all that far after moving on. Horford will most likely join that list.

Springsteen
07-03-2016, 07:44 AM
But is Demarre Carrol going to show him his Junkyard Dog?

GINOBILI!
07-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Horford is better than Dwight. This was a poor choice by the Hawks.

SCdac
07-03-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm not a Howard fan and prefer Horford, but a part of me feels like this is a good spot for Howard. Just gut feeling i guess. Hopefully for the Hawks fanbase and Howard he doesn't **** it all up

MintBerryCrunch
07-03-2016, 11:26 AM
The reason Hawks were a good choice for Dwight was because when he inevitably disappoints, Hawks fans stop paying attention rather than get angry.

Lakers Legend#32
07-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Hey Atlanta, SUCKERS!