07-01-2016, 07:28 PM
I just can't see it.

Ben Simmons
07-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Why wouldn't he stay in Miami?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

tpols
07-01-2016, 07:29 PM
i really hope he leaves miami.. it's just embarrassing to see all the supporting cast always flame out in the playoffs.

SexSymbol
there's no reason for him to stay in miami.
Whiteside is their best player now, and if they miraculously land Durant, Wade is just gonna hinder a young fast paced team. AND gonna be a 3rd option for the first time in his career, and being a 3rd option is always the worst

Lebronxrings
i really hope he leaves miami.. it's just embarrassing to see all the supporting cast always flame out in the playoffs.
lol is this the new excuse for him now

Dray n Klay
07-01-2016, 07:30 PM

Umm.. Wade flamed out in the do or die Game 7

NBAGOAT
07-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Wtf? Why? :oldlol:

He wants to get paid but not sure if Miami can. Going to Marquette is a small part of it I guess for you guys at least.

Uncle Drew
Wtf? Why? :oldlol:
Marquette, probably. Close to Chicago also.

kurple
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Heat ain't cheap tho. Wade is a legend and Riley sees the value in that

Ben Simmons
07-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Heat ain't cheap tho. Wade is a legend and Riley sees the value in that
Yes they are cheap actually.

And it's Arison who cuts the check.

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2016, 07:35 PM
:lol Just the kind of player the Knicks need.

Another broken down past his prime player.:applause:

tpols
07-01-2016, 07:35 PM

Wade owns your soul, simon.

smoovegittar
07-01-2016, 07:36 PM
:lol Just the kind of player the Knicks need.

Another broken down past his prime player.:applause:
Didn't take you that long, eh? Yet another quality NY bash post. :facepalm

LikeABosh
07-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Wade's agent using Fathorst as a negotiating tool.

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Didn't take you that long, eh? Yet another quality NY bash post. :facepalm
You act is if it isn't true.:lol

Draz
07-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Would be a good pick up

Meticode
07-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Ummm, Wade's the reason they even got to a game 7. Series would'v been over in 5 or 6 if it wasn't for him.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Ummm, Wade's the reason they even got to a game 7. Series would'v been over in 5 or 6 if it wasn't for him.

Pretty much. Wade needed nore help. Bosh was injured and Dragic is not a closer next to Wade (yet is when Wades not around.)...

Wade in Milwaukee is actually a great fit.

eliteballer
07-01-2016, 08:53 PM
How much can the Knicks pay him?

AI09
07-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Knicks just offered Courtney Lee a 4 year deal

$LakerGold
07-01-2016, 09:50 PM
More on the D-Wade situation:

The Heat's initial offer to Dwyane Wade was just $10 million annually. This "deeply angered Wade," according to @WojVerticalNBA

Draz
07-01-2016, 09:56 PM
More on the D-Wade situation:
As he should be. He got them rings. Pay the fcking man his money.

Meticode
07-01-2016, 10:07 PM
I understand that he's on the downside of his career and isn't what he used to be and is prone to injury, but it makes zero since to me that he keeps putting up quality stats and leading this team into game 7's and they lowball him like that. He's the franchise. He is the greatest Heat player...ever. After LeBron left everyone thought he would severely decline. He just came off a 74 game season, averaging 19/4/5 on just 30 minutes per game.

Him being the face of the franchise and still putting up quality numbers demands more than $10 million a season.

On the flip-side I know Wade wants to get paid, but he also should look to the future of the franchise. If he takes less money and shows he's staying maybe they have a legit shot at landing the Durants of the world. I suppose at this point he's really not interested in winning rings anymore if his talks with the Knicks or Bucks are real.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 10:22 PM
I understand that he's on the downside of his career and isn't what he used to be and is prone to injury, but it makes zero since to me that he keeps putting up quality stats and leading this team into game 7's and they lowball him like that. He's the franchise. He is the greatest Heat player...ever. After LeBron left everyone thought he would severely decline. He just came off a 74 game season, averaging 19/4/5 on just 30 minutes per game.

Him being the face of the franchise and still putting up quality numbers demands more than $10 million a season.

On the flip-side I know Wade wants to get paid, but he also should look to the future of the franchise. If he takes less money and shows he's staying maybe they have a legit shot at landing the Durants of the world. I suppose at this point he's really not interested in winning rings anymore if his talks with the Knicks or Bucks are real.

It's simple: if Wade wants money he goes somewhere else, if he wants to keep leading the Heat he has to take less. The Heat are in no position to overpay a guy past his prime who has not been consistent over a season. Wade needs to share the financial load with another weapon so the Heat can compete for titles. If Wade wanted to be loyal he would wait until after the max guys are off the table and then settle on a deal. If Durant and others are off the board he can sign a max for a year

By threatening to leave, Wade is making it more difficult for the Heat

Jasper
07-01-2016, 10:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16684675/dwyane-wade-intensifying-talks-new-york-knicks-milwaukee-bucks

He wants 20 mil a year ...
Ironically I feel as if he should finish his career in a Heat uni...

If Miami does NOT allow that , I will never cheer for the HEAT(.)

Needless to say , as a Buck fan for 3+ decades , I would lov to see him at Milwaukee.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 10:35 PM
The difference in loyalty between Dirk and Wade is noticeable. Not that theres anything wrong w that.

Random_Guy
07-01-2016, 10:37 PM
20mil is actually okay for wade considering all else lol

kurple
07-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Wade in Denver would be awesome

90sgoat
07-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Rose
Wade
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

That's either Conference Finals or the most injured team of all time.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Rose
Wade
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

A Ton of brick layers here. This team goes nowhere.

Draz
07-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Rose
Wade
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

Wades coming out of a healthy season.
Noah should recover.
Rose by now should recover.

I'd be more worried about chemistry than anything else. Wades leadership WILL dominate this team and throttle us to much needed leadership we've lacked.

People are overlooking the injuries. We definitely don't need to be a 50 win team. We need to sneak into 6-8th seed EAST and dominate come playoff time with healthy players.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Noah should recover.

I'd be more worried about chemistry than anything else. Wades leadership WILL dominate this team and throttle us to much needed leadership we've lacked.

People are overlooking the injuries. We definitely don't need to be a 50 win team. We need to sneak into 6-8th seed EAST and dominate come playoff time with healthy players.

Wade and Rose both need to be surrounded by shooters. Is Melo and Porz enough?

bluechox2
07-01-2016, 10:45 PM
wades pretty much trying to get pat to give him more money...

hes like you see pat the buck wanna offer me 20
u see pat, the nuggets also

even the knicks, dont make me go to the knicks...i know what that will do to you

but all you wanna give me is 10 a year aflter giving you 3 chips

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 10:46 PM

even the knicks, dont make me go to the knicks...i know what that will do to you

Are the chinese not paying him enough?

Goldrush25
07-01-2016, 10:47 PM
It's simple: if Wade wants money he goes somewhere else, if he wants to keep leading the Heat he has to take less. The Heat are in no position to overpay a guy past his prime who has not been consistent over a season. Wade needs to share the financial load with another weapon so the Heat can compete for titles. If Wade wanted to be loyal he would wait until after the max guys are off the table and then settle on a deal. If Durant and others are off the board he can sign a max for a year

By threatening to leave, Wade is making it more difficult for the Heat

They've been asking him to sacrifice for years now. Obviously he's not what he was but how many times are they going to treat him like the second or third priority when he's been more loyal than anyone else?

If they don't want him, which is basically what they're saying when they offer him $10m/year, just say so

90sgoat
07-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Noah should recover.

Chemistry if a code word for too many ball dominant players.

To be honest, this smells a lot like the Nets trying to buy a ring with too many old players, can't teach alpha dogs to be role players.

Talent wise they're strong though. Noah and Porzinigis are unselfish players without the need for a lot of touches. I even think Wade is probably ok to take somewhat of a diminished role and light it up in playoffs. Rose though? Will he continue to play like he thinks he is the MVP?

Draz
07-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Wade and Rose both need to be surrounded by shooters. Is Melo and Porz enough?
Definitely. Porzingis is a monster midrange shooter, and can also knock down threes. He will flourish richly from being open.

Defenders on either wade or rose, melo will be free more.

I see either way, this team would be deadly. As I mentioned, they don't need to be entirely healthy 100% of the season. They just need a playoff entry.

IF this team made 8th seed based on injuries, they'll be the first 8th seeded team to be favorites to win it all.

Draz
07-01-2016, 10:50 PM

This is exactly what he's doing.
But, he shouldn't need to do this to get Pats attention.
He feels disrespected, and given that all the fans now know he means business,
here's his excuse to finally leave.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Definitely. Porzingis is a monster midrange shooter, and can also knock down threes. He will flourish richly from being open.

Defenders on either wade or rose, melo will be free more.

I see either way, this team would be deadly. As I mentioned, they don't need to be entirely healthy 100% of the season. They just need a playoff entry.

IF this team made 8th seed based on injuries, they'll be the first 8th seeded team to be favorites to win it all.

Its possible. It can go either way.

Draz
07-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Its possible. It can go either way.
I honestly have fears of this team and the age. Seeing TMAC in a Knick jersey was so gross.

nathanjizzle
07-01-2016, 10:53 PM
wow, just wow.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 10:53 PM
I honestly have fears of this team and the age. Seeing TMAC in a Knick jersey was so gross.

Haha. You never know until you see it on the court. Wade/Rose seems redundant.

RayRay412
07-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Chemistry if a code word for too many ball dominant players.

To be honest, this smells a lot like the Nets trying to buy a ring with too many old players, can't teach alpha dogs to be role players.

Talent wise they're strong though. Noah and Porzinigis are unselfish players without the need for a lot of touches. I even think Wade is probably ok to take somewhat of a diminished role and light it up in playoffs. Rose though? Will he continue to play like he thinks he is the MVP?

This

I agree 100% with you

TheOne
07-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Shouldn't Heats just pay Wade like Lakers paid Kobe?

GrapeApe
07-01-2016, 11:04 PM
There's zero chance Wade is leaving Miami. Deep down everyone knows this. There's basically two scenarios. If the Heat somehow land Durant, Wade will take less. If Durant is out of the equation, Wade will sign a large deal, possibly a one year contract similar to last season.

Riley isn't going to tarnish the image of the franchise with the perception that they disrespected their greatest player ever. At the same time, he's a very smart and shrewd business man. He's going to do everything in his power to put together the strongest possible roster. Ultimately, he and Wade will reach an agreement.

Draz
07-01-2016, 11:11 PM
There's zero chance Wade is leaving Miami. Deep down everyone knows this. There's basically two scenarios. If the Heat somehow land Durant, Wade will take less. If Durant is out of the equation, Wade will sign a large deal, possibly a one year contract similar to last season.

Riley isn't going to tarnish the image of the franchise with the perception that they disrespected their greatest player ever. At the same time, he's a very smart and shrewd business man. He's going to do everything in his power to put together the strongest possible roster. Ultimately, he and Wade will reach an agreement.
Why does everyone expect Wade to take less? He's been doing it for how long? He catered to LeBron & Bosh. Why should he cater again? He has his.. if he's going to ring chase, it's more about getting money and giving other franchises the much needed experience that he comes with needed to win their win and pave the way for experience themselves.

I think he should get paid, go to a contender like the Knicks or Bucks, or wherever is needed.

nathanjizzle
07-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Haha. You never know until you see it on the court. Wade/Rose seems redundant.

redudancy is really a negative when a team has invested most of its resources in those 2 spots. outside of the pg and sg positions, melo, porzingis and noah fill out very well. even then, wade does things rose doesnt, and rose does things that wade does. especially the defense that wade would bring.

D-Wait
07-01-2016, 11:29 PM
LOL @ Heat offering Wade (only) 10 million :roll:

Hey Yo
07-01-2016, 11:39 PM
Why does everyone expect Wade to take less? He's been doing it for how long? He catered to LeBron & Bosh. Why should he cater again? He has his.. if he's going to ring chase, it's more about getting money and giving other franchises the much needed experience that he comes with needed to win their win and pave the way for experience themselves.

I think he should get paid, go to a contender like the Knicks or Bucks, or wherever is needed.
Last year was the most reg. season games (74) he's played in 5yrs. He missed 78 regular season games from 2012-2015. Chances he can provide the same healthiness as last season???

He never catered to Bosh and James their last 3yrs together. He sat on the bench taking off "maintinence games" while watching them play for 3yrs.

GrapeApe
07-02-2016, 12:30 AM

How are the Knicks and Bucks contenders?

Wade has implied that he'd be open to taking less if it meant the Heat could get Durant. If that were to happen, the Heat would obviously be more of a contender than either of those teams. You're missing the most important point though. He doesn't WANT to leave. He's made it very clear he wants to finish his career with the Heat. He wants to win, but he wants to do it in Miami.

The most likey scenario is Wade signing a large contract with the Heat and the team will look very similar to last season. Would they be a title contender? Probably not, but still a very good team, especially if Whiteside takes the next step and Winslow and Richardson continue to develop.

raprap
07-02-2016, 01:09 AM
Lowkey, i want to see him as a knick.

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2016, 01:13 AM
seems like a bizarre thing you'd see the ai in nba 2k make happen.

NBAGOAT
07-02-2016, 01:19 AM
would love to see the reactions if Wade somehow went to the Mavs. It's not Lebron to Lakers level but there would definitely be some confused fans out there.

alanLA92
07-02-2016, 01:48 AM
Wade going elsewhere would be very surprising. Not likely it's going to happen.

Papaya Petee
07-02-2016, 02:09 AM
Joe Johnson just got 2 years 22 million with the Jazz. Thats more than Riley is offering Wade and Joe Johnson isnt even half the player Wade is at this point. Wade needs to do whats best for him at this point. If Riley wants to keep playing games, then Wade should sign for more money elsewhere, whether its Denver, Milwaukee or wherever.

Absolute disrespect to Wade IMO, he was just carrying the team in the playoffs.

brownboyfly
07-02-2016, 04:28 AM
there's no reason for him to stay in miami.
Whiteside is their best player now, and if they miraculously land Durant, Wade is just gonna hinder a young fast paced team. AND gonna be a 3rd option for the first time in his career, and being a 3rd option is always the worst

You know you're talking about a top 5 OAT SG, right?

francesco totti
07-02-2016, 04:43 AM
How are the Knicks and Bucks contenders?

Wade has implied that he'd be open to taking less if it meant the Heat could get Durant. If that were to happen, the Heat would obviously be more of a contender than either of those teams. You're missing the most important point though. He doesn't WANT to leave. He's made it very clear he wants to finish his career with the Heat. He wants to win, but he wants to do it in Miami.

The most likey scenario is Wade signing a large contract with the Heat and the team will look very similar to last season. Would they be a title contender? Probably not, but still a very good team, especially if Whiteside takes the next step and Winslow and Richardson continue to develop.

IF am not mistaken in calculations, Heat will have to give Wade 8m to get Durant. Wade is not taking 8 m.

So Heat will have to trade Dragic, and possible Mcroberts to get Durant alongside Wade. In a team with 0 bench, no top point guard Unknown Bosh and aging Wade.
Dont know how that sounds attractive for Durant.

HALLandOATES
07-02-2016, 07:28 AM
I hate to say it Bosh needs to retire, i love him but hes cripplying the free agency process with his unknown health..atleast Heat might get him off the books

Otherwise im all for giving Wade a big payday and having close to having last years team(praying deng resigns ) with whiteside,rich,wins all developing. As a Heat fan id rather keep wade then lose him and get durant and not have him..

SexSymbol
07-02-2016, 05:15 PM
The difference in loyalty between Dirk and Wade is noticeable. Not that theres anything wrong w that.
Miami are lowballing him badly.
Cuban loves Dirk

aj1987
07-03-2016, 04:49 AM
:biggums:

Wade has NEVER been the highest paid player on the Heat during his entire career. The highest he made in a season was $18.5M. Players like JJ and Mozgov, who are not even close to being as good as Wade signed to larger contracts than what Riley offered Wade.

I wouldn't be mad if Wade decides to leave the Heat for more money. This is beyond disrespectful from Riley.

Dray n Klay
07-03-2016, 04:54 AM
:biggums:

Wade has NEVER been the highest paid player on the Heat during his entire career. The highest he made in a season was $18.5M. Players like JJ and Mozgov, who are not even close to being as good as Wade signed to larger contracts than what Riley offered Wade.

I wouldn't be mad if Wade decides to leave the Heat for more money. This is beyond disrespectful from Riley.

He made $20 million this year

aj1987
07-03-2016, 04:57 AM
He made $20 million this year
I was more talking about his prime, but yeah, he did make $20M this season. My bad.

HurricaneKid
07-03-2016, 03:07 PM

The problem with this is the math. Even if Mia doesn't sign ANYONE else, they don't have enough to pay him what he got last year. So his best case scenario is having Deng, Tyler, JJ all leave and taking a pay cut to have a lesser team. Of KD signs (and there just is NO WAY) Miami would have to renounce Wade to sign him and would be over the cap. Now MAYBE they can dump Dragic and McBob for salary relief but then we are still talking about Wade getting a LOT less and there not being but a handful of players on the team. So he would do heavy lifting and make less than Tyler.

There is literally no scenario Wade isn't screwed financially. And given the economic climate that's a real shame.

aj1987
07-03-2016, 04:45 PM
The problem with this is the math. Even if Mia doesn't sign ANYONE else, they don't have enough to pay him what he got last year. So his best case scenario is having Deng, Tyler, JJ all leave and taking a pay cut to have a lesser team. Of KD signs (and there just is NO WAY) Miami would have to renounce Wade to sign him and would be over the cap. Now MAYBE they can dump Dragic and McBob for salary relief but then we are still talking about Wade getting a LOT less and there not being but a handful of players on the team. So he would do heavy lifting and make less than Tyler.

There is literally no scenario Wade isn't screwed financially. And given the economic climate that's a real shame.
Deng and JJ have both signed elsewhere. I'm not sure if TJ actually signed with the Nets though.

DaSeba5
07-03-2016, 05:30 PM
The problem is Miami only has enough to give him like $20 mil. And if he wants more than that, they have to trade McRoberts and/or Dragic. That would be a mediocre to average team with a healthy Bosh. If Bosh can't play, they will be be a bad team and it will be like Kobe's final years on the Lakers. They lost Deng, JJ, and TJ. Either Wade is ok with being on a bad team or he has to accept that he has to make a sacrifice to get a good team. I'm starting to believe he just wants to be like Kobe where he can chill and ride off into the sunset on a bad team.

nashwade
07-04-2016, 08:59 AM
sadly it doesn't look like Wade is chasing another ring

Dude plays like he is happy with 3

Dresta
07-04-2016, 09:36 AM

Because he was given a $20 mil deal last year when no-one else would've given that kind of money to him (then), with the expectation he would take less later, when the team had a chance to put up a serious team.

NumberSix
07-04-2016, 09:47 AM
I hate to say it Bosh needs to retire, i love him but hes cripplying the free agency process with his unknown health..atleast Heat might get him off the books

Otherwise im all for giving Wade a big payday and having close to having last years team(praying deng resigns ) with whiteside,rich,wins all developing. As a Heat fan id rather keep wade then lose him and get durant and not have him..
Wtf are you talking about? If Bosh is healthy, he's a legit MVP contender.

aj1987
07-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Because he was given a $20 mil deal last year when no-one else would've given that kind of money to him (then), with the expectation he would take less later, when the team had a chance to put up a serious team.
Yeah, but $10M a season, while inferior players like Dragic, Lee, Lin, Parsons, Turner, Noah, Mozgov, Clarkson, etc. are making bank. It's about time Arison stops being a cheap **** and spends money on the team. I don't blame one bit for wanting more money. He has given up a shit ton of money for the team, and is the reason why the franchise is one of the highest valued ones. As I said, it's all on Arison now. Dude should splurge.

Wtf are you talking about? If Bosh is healthy, he's a legit MVP contender.
He was never an MVP contender in his career. The highest he ever finished was 7th and wasn't a true MVP contender even then.

plowking
07-04-2016, 09:54 AM
He was never an MVP contender in his career. The highest he ever finished was 7th and wasn't a true MVP contender even then.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke based on how overrated Bosh got when Bron played with him.

aj1987
07-04-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm pretty sure it was a joke based on how overrated Bosh got when Bron played with him.
Yeah, I think I missed the sarcasm in his post. :oldlol:

NumberSix
07-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Not a joke. I legit think that with the right circumstances, Bosh could win an MVP. If I was drafting a team, I'd pick Chris Bosh over Steph Carried.