PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says Mavs failed in FAcy. How about a trade for Cousins?

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-02-2016, 02:55 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4706436/for-the-fifth-straight-year-mavs-fail-in-free-agency

So, as usual, Dallas comes up short in FAcy. And as usual, it wont matter since Carlisle is a god coach and they'll still make the playoffs. But sure you want to be more than the 7-8 seed? So, what should Dallas do? How about trade for Cousins?? (sorry, not stopping)

Dal gets - DeMarcus Cousins
Sac gets - JJ Barea + Justin Anderson + 2017 1st rnd pick + 2018 1st rnd pick + 2021 1st rnd pick

Do you take it, Dallas fans? Dallas has really nothing to offer Kings since all Dallas does is sign 1-year contracts for players. So this is about as good as I could come up with. Hell, want Gay, too?

DirkNowitzki41
07-02-2016, 03:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4706436/for-the-fifth-straight-year-mavs-fail-in-free-agency

So, as usual, Dallas comes up short in FAcy. And as usual, it wont matter since Carlisle is a god coach and they'll still make the playoffs. But sure you want to be more than the 7-8 seed? So, what should Dallas do? How about trade for Cousins?? (sorry, not stopping)

Dal gets - DeMarcus Cousins
Sac gets - JJ Barea + Justin Anderson + 2017 1st rnd pick + 2018 1st rnd pick + 2021 1st rnd pick

Do you take it, Dallas fans? Dallas has really nothing to offer Kings since all Dallas does is sign 1-year contracts for players. So this is about as good as I could come up with. Hell, want Gay, too?

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Cousins is the best big in the game, and I'm certain Carlisle can get in his head right

Unfortunately, even if Cousins is available, there'd be much better offers elsewhere.

KiiiiNG
07-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Why do people talk about the Mavs as if they're a relevant franchise that 'came up short'? These guys aren't even on the radar... I just even get why threads are being made about these cats. Who the **** cares?

DirkNowitzki41
07-02-2016, 03:09 AM
Why do people talk about the Mavs as if they're a relevant franchise that 'came up short'? These guys aren't even on the radar... I just even get why threads are being made about these cats. Who the **** cares?

Maybe because this is an NBA forum and the Mavs are a team in the NBA?

KiiiiNG
07-02-2016, 03:13 AM
Maybe because this is an NBA forum and the Mavs are a team in the NBA?
Meh, talk about this shit in the Mavs forum. They don't deserve a topic in the main forum.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-02-2016, 03:34 AM
Unfortunately, even if Cousins is available, there'd be much better offers elsewhere.
yeah, it's definitely not an ideal trade for the Kings, unless it's like 4 1st rnders from 2017-2020. Even though, it's a low guaranteed return.

But I know Cuban is yearning so hard to find Dirk's replacement as the face of the franchise to carry them for the next decade. Cousins and Carlisle do seem like an actually good match. I'd like to see Cousins on the Mavs. But yeah...not much they could offer Kings besides role players and picks lol. Still, I'd take it as Kings GM, but start higher w/ more, condensed picks.