07-02-2016, 03:29 PM
4/70

brownmamba00
07-02-2016, 03:31 PM
:biggums:

ALBballer
07-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Ibaka and biyombo wow

That would be the worst offensive front court in the league.

:roll:

Jameerthefear
07-02-2016, 03:34 PM

Not quite

LakersDaBEst
07-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Well... Only 6 more than MozGod :rant

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2016, 03:36 PM
4/70

****ing Mitch....I have no words. We could of had Biyombo, who would be a perfect fit. Instead we sign an old, injured Russian for the same amount...pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffff

I'm done. **** this.

D-Wait
07-02-2016, 03:45 PM

except Ibaka is able to hit some shots

PleezeBehave
07-02-2016, 03:46 PM

Front court

Vuc/Ibaka/Biyombo/Gordon/Green

Backcourt

Fournier/Payton/Hezonja/Meeks/Augustin/Watson

Regarding your comment, Vuc is one of the better offensive Cs in the league and Ibaka compliments him very well. So, no.

AI09
07-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Per woj

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Already a thread, check before posting please.

AI09
07-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Over payed but who isn't.
Magic could be good next year

AI09
07-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Already a thread, check before posting please.

Mozgov

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Front court

Backcourt

Regarding your comment, Vuc is one of the better offensive Cs in the league and Ibaka compliments him very well. So, no.

Orlando looking pretty solid, I still think they overpaid for Ibaka. Could of at least kept Sabonis, but no big deal I guess.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Mozgov

**** you :cry: :cry: :cry:

PleezeBehave
07-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Orlando looking pretty solid, I still think they overpaid for Ibaka. Could of at least kept Sabonis, but no big deal I guess.

It is what it is. The story might have been different had OKC not put Ibaka on the market, as some insiders say the Magic were planning to go after Horford, but when they saw Ibaka available, their plan and focus for the summer, shifted. They seem to be making a solid team as of now. We'll have to see how they play together.

ALBballer
07-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Front court

Backcourt

I forgot to quote the OP that said Vuc is on his way out because a front court of Ibaka and Biyombo is terrible offensively and I'm still not sure what Gordon is. But yeah they should definitely keep Vuc because bigs like Ibaka and Biyombo are exactly what he needs.

bdreason
07-02-2016, 04:27 PM
Magic's front-court looking solid.

Ibaka / Gordon
Vucevic / Biyombo

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski 6m6 minutes ago

Biyombo coming to Orlando to start. Could put Vucevic in play for trades.
16 retweets 5 likes

That is not a good strategy.

Biyombo is good...but he isn't good enough to kick Vucevic out of the lineup or even to get him traded.

IF the Magic get rid of Vucevic...this will have been a horrible signing.

zeerghit
07-02-2016, 04:32 PM
That is not a good strategy.

Biyombo is good...but he isn't good enough to kick Vucevic out of the lineup or even to get him traded.

IF the Magic get rid of Vucevic...this will have been a horrible signing.

hes way better than vuc, bb defence is ELITE, absolutly ELITE, vuc is out

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2016, 04:35 PM
hes way better than vuc, bb defence is ELITE, absolutly ELITE, vuc is out
LOL

Biyombo is a good defender but he aint elite at all.

Elite would be having his defense carry him to all-stars and get DPOY and even All-NBA votes.

If his D is as good as you think it is...he wouldn't have had as much trouble getting PT so far in his career...even in Toronto he averaged only 22 MPG.

1 series in the playoffs doesn't change who he is as a whole.

Jameerthefear
07-02-2016, 04:37 PM
vooch isnt getting moved according to robbins

HylianNightmare
07-02-2016, 04:40 PM
****ing trash

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2016, 04:41 PM
vooch isnt getting moved according to robbins
Good news then.

SexSymbol
07-02-2016, 04:52 PM
so if biyombo is coming to start, vucevic will play off the bench? I don't believe he'd want to.
anyway, I hope Magic are good next year, easily one of my favorite teams.

Jameerthefear
07-02-2016, 04:55 PM
****ing trash
i think it's too much to give him too. i'm not that high on BB

SexSymbol
07-02-2016, 05:04 PM
i think it's too much to give him too. i'm not that high on BB
he's a great hustle guy, they always set an example for other teammates to follow and they sometimes not even willingly do just that. And he's young so there's still ways to improve for him

DMAVS41
07-02-2016, 06:00 PM
4/70

Ignoring the fit for a second...this is a great contract imo. I know you aren't that high on him, but I really think he'll impress you...and this contract is going to look great after next summer...hell...I already think it's very good.

I don't think I have ever encountered a team in free agency before in which I absolutely love two of their contracts (Fournier/Biyombo) and hate a trade (Ibaka)...and hate a signing (Green)...and don't like a signing (DJ)

What a crazy few days...

I have no idea what to make of this...I doubt anyone does.

midatlantic09
07-02-2016, 06:08 PM
No big deal...Orlando will remain a lottery team for years to come....

raprap
07-02-2016, 06:54 PM

:biggums:

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Interested how the big rotation will pan out. Discussed this in another thread, but any possibility Gordon plays SF in some lineups?

Jameerthefear
07-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Interested how the big rotation will pan out. Discussed this in another thread, but any possibility Gordon plays SF in some lineups?
He'll probably start at SF. They see him as a 3

Tking714
07-02-2016, 08:18 PM
He'll probably start at SF. They see him as a 3

good luck with that

Jameerthefear
07-02-2016, 08:19 PM
good luck with that
AG at 3? He plays like a 3

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-02-2016, 08:25 PM
AG at 3? He plays like a 3
I was thinking the same thing, but I know others say he should be a PF. He seems like a prototypical tweener. Which is great for today's NBA. But not sure how much big ball will be played to where he's in the SF slot.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Man they really dont want to play Aaron Gordon do they?

PleezeBehave
07-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Man they really dont want to play Aaron Gordon do they?

Why? He is projected to be the starter at 3, backing up the PF slot.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Why? He is projected to be the starter at 3, backing up the PF slot.
I just don't think he's a good 3 unless they play small ball and I don't really think Ibaka and Vuc are small ball, but he did put up good numbers at the end of the season

poido123
07-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Probably signals another trade. Possibly Vucevic out?

I don't see them paying BB that much to warm the bench or at least see 25+ minutes a game. They need to free up minutes in the front court.

I like Ibaka/Biyombo starting. Insanely athletic team here with Ibaka to provide the stretch 4 and Biyombo to get the offensive rebounds. The both of them to protect the rim on D.

I like it.

Jameerthefear
07-02-2016, 09:44 PM
I just don't think he's a good 3 unless they play small ball and I don't really think Ibaka and Vuc are small ball, but he did put up good numbers at the end of the season
why?

zeerghit
07-03-2016, 02:41 AM
LOL

Biyombo is a good defender but he aint elite at all.

Elite would be having his defense carry him to all-stars and get DPOY and even All-NBA votes.

If his D is as good as you think it is...he wouldn't have had as much trouble getting PT so far in his career...even in Toronto he averaged only 22 MPG.

1 series in the playoffs doesn't change who he is as a whole.

he was backup, wtf u talking about? i watched every raptors game last season hes f*cking elite defender, and very good rebounder

Im Still Ballin
07-03-2016, 02:51 AM
Biyombo/Ibaka frontcourt

DEFENSE.

Finger Roll
07-03-2016, 04:42 AM
he was backup, wtf u talking about? i watched every raptors game last season hes f*cking elite defender, and very good rebounder

I watched him all year too, sad to see him go-- Orlando fans should be excited about him, he's seriously a beast and looks like he could still add plenty more muscle on without sacrificing his athleticism. His upper body frame is honestly like a damn Ninja Turtle type of mass. He's not mean enough to be a Ben Wallace, but I could see him developing a tough nasty side.

There's only a few players who have his toughness, unselfishness and energy that seems to rub off onto players and fans.

He's a good help defender, inside presence and moves his feet surprisingly well when he helps on screens or switches, he seems to have pretty good defensive IQ and vision for that aspect.

His post defense isn't really elite at all though-- gives up position and gets a bit lost sometimes, but I'm sure that'll improve (feeling that Jonas goes at him for making more money, all thanks to Jonas getting hurt while he was beasting in the playoffs). It'll be fun to watch him and Ibaka play off eachother all the way out to the 3 point line with their active feet and hands.

His screen setting/timing are very good and he rolls well, Raptors guards haven't been the best at using the roller as a threat... I think Biyombo can get a lot more alley oops. Even if not, he seems to get himself into the right position when missed shots go up to create for himself potentially.

I don't like comparing anyone to my favourite player of all time, but he reminds me of David Robinson for one comparison.
When Robinson caught the ball anywhere around the basket and had his feet set with a slight opening, its a two foot takeoff, two handed, move bitch get out the way dunk. I don't see many guys willing to sacrifice having biz reverse honey dip their arm into the net after trying to stop the dunk equivelant of johny cage doing a shadow kick.

He should be a good fit and confident he'll play with the same intensity that earned him those $$$.

Meticode
07-03-2016, 05:38 AM

Except it won't be because Vuvecic is their starting center and Ibaka will be the starting PF. People sleep on him so much because the Magic are close to irrelevant. But he's a legit 18/10 50%+ center every game on the court.

GINOBILI!
07-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Weird signing.