PDA

View Full Version : Mavs to offer Harrison Barnes 4 years $95 million.

bdreason
07-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Not sure what to do. At that price I would say let him walk, but I think we're better off retaining him as an asset and then trading him later.

masonanddixon
07-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Holy shit this is the worst deal of all time.

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Holy shit this is the worst deal of all time.

I don't think you have been paying attention for the last 2 days.

Ca$H
07-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Not sure what to do. At that price I would say let him walk, but I think we're better off retaining him as an asset and then trading him later.

28.2 M for Durant or 23.75 M for Barnes. This is why they were going to go after Durant even if they won the title.

knickballer
07-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Better to give that money to Barnes than to Matthews last season.

Either way Mavs will need to rebuild and will need some young pieces going forward. Not that bad of a signing even though Barnes is nowhere worth that amount.

BeastMode24
07-02-2016, 08:25 PM
curry effect. scrubs like harrison barnes getting max deals because of curry's greatness.

Ca$H
07-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Cuban needs to let Dirk go. Let him compete for a ring. Barnes Sign and Trade for Dirk. Pay Dirk maybe 12 M.

juju151111
07-02-2016, 08:29 PM
This is a joke right? Harrison freaking barnes is getting the max.

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Please Dirk leave... dont have to do this shit to yourself at this age.

midatlantic09
07-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Barnes is basically a slightly better version of Marvin Williams....Mavs will likely be very disaapointed when they're paying Barnes $23 million a yr for 14/5/3.

L8krH8tr
07-02-2016, 08:43 PM
This has to be some sort of joke. If I was a mavs fan I would send Cuban hate mail all year.

masonanddixon
07-02-2016, 08:48 PM
I don't think you have been paying attention for the last 2 days.

As horrible as the Batum contract is, this is actually even worse.

masonanddixon
07-02-2016, 08:49 PM
This has to be some sort of joke. If I was a mavs fan I would send Cuban hate mail all year.

He's easily the league's worst owner.

DMAVS41
07-02-2016, 08:51 PM

This is Cuban's final masterpiece as under-rated worst owner/gm/decision maker in all of sports.

Everyone knows how much I hated Parsons for this Mavs team, but he's significantly better than Barnes.

Opting not to pay Parsons and then then turning around and offering this to Barnes just cements how bad Cuban/Nellie Jr. are at managing a franchise.

If Dirk had simply been drafted by another franchise...the Mavericks would be known like the Clippers were.

Absolutely pathetic...and I'm not going to another Mavs game for a long time. Not putting a ****ing dollar in that ****ing ogre's pocket ever again directly.

masonanddixon
07-02-2016, 08:52 PM
This is Cuban's final masterpiece as under-rated worst owner/gm/decision maker in all of sports.

Everyone knows how much I hated Parsons for this Mavs team, but he's significantly better than Barnes.

Opting not to pay Parsons and then then turning around and offering this to Barnes just cements how bad Cuban/Nellie Jr. are at managing a franchise.

If Dirk had simply been drafted by another franchise...the Mavericks would be known like the Clippers were.

Absolutely pathetic...and I'm not going to another Mavs game for a long time. Not putting a ****ing dollar in that ****ing ogre's pocket ever again directly.

It's ok, we still have Rick. Thats good for a top 8 record out West

DoctorP
07-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Good move. Why not? Nothing to lose at this point.

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2016, 08:55 PM
It's ok, we still have Rick. Thats good for a top 8 record out West

what good does that do at this point, piling up first round exits? Only through Dirk continuing to wear himself out, where he could actually STILL play meaningful minutes on a contender? Not how you treat a person of his class

masonanddixon
07-02-2016, 08:58 PM
what good does that do at this point, piling up first round exits? Only through Dirk continuing to wear himself out, where he could actually STILL play meaningful minutes on a contender? Not how you treat a person of his class

It's obviously a waste of The Almighty's career but I would rather see my team make it to the playoffs than to just have a shitty squad that is building for five years down the line.

The NBA is a garbage product now anyways, and as soon as Dirkules retires it will be unwatchable.

ALBballer
07-02-2016, 08:59 PM
I guess Mavs need to spend the money somewhere and it's a gamble on a 24 year old player who you hope still hasn't hit his ceiling.

I don't think it's the worst signing. Mavs can still rebuild with Barnes.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2016, 09:05 PM

Agreed.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-03-2016, 12:04 AM
yeah, I like it by Cuban. He's willing to take the risk. It's how he became successful, after all.

However, ESPN said GSW intend to match (assuming they can't land KD). Will be interesting to see if KD makes his decision in next 3 days.

kentatm
07-03-2016, 12:04 AM
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/tommen-jumps-to-death.gif

Terahite
07-03-2016, 12:16 AM
curry effect. scrubs like harrison barnes getting max deals because of curry's greatness.

most people call it the "regular season effect"

(warriorfan alt detected)

Keno
07-03-2016, 01:22 AM

you mean kerr, right. curry doesn't make anyone around him better, if anything it's draymond.

bigkingsfan
07-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Thought GS is going to match no matter what.

Meticode
07-03-2016, 01:32 AM
Thought GS is going to match no matter what.
Not if they get Durant. Golden State has 3 days to match from what I remember and the reports are Durant is going to make his choice either tomorrow Sunday or Monday.

Meticode
07-03-2016, 01:33 AM
I hope personally Golden State doesn't match simply because that offer to Barnes is ridiculous. He's going to be getting almost $25 million a season for being a product of a system that found him open shots. $25 million dollars a season for 11/5/2. I know the new cap stuff, but what in the ****? :oldlol:

tomtucker
07-03-2016, 01:50 AM
Barnes was absolute garbage when it counted most. fukk the mavs :facepalm :facepalm :rolleyes:

Springsteen
07-03-2016, 07:31 AM
I really don't think this is a terrible move, especially considering they need someone to fill the hole Parsons is going to leave, Barnes fits well.

Would Mavs fans rather Cuban just make no moves at all? How many solid pieces are even left on the FA board, it is what it is. Just because Barnes shit the bed in The finals doesn't mean he's not someone who can play up to this contract, regular season wise anyway (see: Harden).

redhonda76
07-03-2016, 09:15 AM
This is so ridicules. If you are a free agent, it doesn't matter who you are.... you will get paid more than you're worth.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 09:51 AM
I really don't think this is a terrible move, especially considering they need someone to fill the hole Parsons is going to leave, Barnes fits well.

Would Mavs fans rather Cuban just make no moves at all? How many solid pieces are even left on the FA board, it is what it is. Just because Barnes shit the bed in The finals doesn't mean he's not someone who can play up to this contract, regular season wise anyway (see: Harden).

You can't let Parsons walk for nothing and then max Barnes. It does not get dumber than that.

I hated Parsons on this team, but he's a far better player than Barnes.

No moves at all? What is the point of the moves if they result in either terrible contracts or 1 year deals that don't move the needle?

At this point, unless the Suns are willing to drop Bledsoe/Tyson on us for essentially nothing, we need to just tank and tell Dirk it's time for him to go play some meaningful basketball for somebody else.

So it's not officially over yet, but unless a team like the Suns is looking to just dump...we need to tank.

This is one of the best drafts in a long time coming up...and we need to try and get in it as much as possible.