PDA

View Full Version : Pacers / Kings Discuss Rudy Gay Trade

Draz
07-02-2016, 08:18 PM
The Indiana Pacers and Sacramento Kings have recently held discussions centered on a Rudy Gay trade.

Sacramento still has interest in Monta Ellis, who the team targeted in free agency last offseason. Indiana would prefer to trade away Rodney Stuckey in a deal for Gay.

The Kings traded for Gay in December of 2013 and then extended him on a new deal.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/749371510356258816

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Read about this last night. Best, most realistic deal is Gay for Stuckey and Miles. Which I'd take, even tho I'm not in love w/ it.

no pun intended
07-02-2016, 08:43 PM
I'd rather them trade Ellis and move George up to the 2 position.

Teague
George
Gay
Young
Jefferson

Quite an intriguing mix.

Haymaker
07-02-2016, 09:03 PM
I'd rather them trade Ellis and move George up to the 2 position.

Teague
George
Gay
Young
Jefferson

Quite an intriguing mix.

George played SG before when Granger was the man but he broke through when he moved to SF.

DoctorP
07-02-2016, 09:16 PM
A George/Gay tandem is intriguing. Pacers will be improved even without them.

ALBballer
07-02-2016, 09:19 PM
I never thought I would say this but Rudy Gay is a great value at his contract.

He's getting paid $13 mill this year and next year he has a player option at $14 mill. No reason to trade him unless they get a good player in return and Monta ellis isn't that.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-03-2016, 12:01 AM
I never thought I would say this but Rudy Gay is a great value at his contract.

He's getting paid $13 mill this year and next year he has a player option at $14 mill. No reason to trade him unless they get a good player in return and Monta ellis isn't that.
Agreed about Ellis. It'd seem like trading a Fuji for a Red Delicious. They're essentially the same player. I think the only reason Kings would want to trade Gay is for some more defense (which Gay isn't great at, we all know), to better fit Joerger's style.